As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Yakuza] & [Judgment] Thread. Yakuza 7 out and great. Now an RPG.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Yakuza 3 is skippable story wise, not much happens in it that is comparable in plot to the first two games. That being said, it is a tremendously fun game to play, and all future PS3 games are built on its engine.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    I watched a friend play Yakuza 3, expecting some kind of Streets of Rage and we looked after children at an orphanage for 2 hours.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I watched a friend play Yakuza 3, expecting some kind of Streets of Rage and we looked after children at an orphanage for 2 hours.

There's plenty of Streets of Rage. They just get you into the feels first by building up your emotional attachments.

There was a lot of feels for me in Yakuza 3. Far more than 1 or 2.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Every time I see this thread pop up on the front page I think maybe it's a Yakuza 5 date.
    Maybe next time.

I played Yakuza 3 & 4 essentially back to back and enjoyed them both even though they covered a lot of the same territory.
    It did probably help that 3 had a lot of its side goofing around activities cut out so I didn't have too much of that to do until 4.
    I did burn out badly on the hostess club stuff in 4. I did a bunch of it in the early portions and by the time it came back around later on I couldn't be bothered with it anymore. It's just not very engaging.
    But the story in both was good and there's some pretty good payoffs on material from 3 in 4.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx2RBDJZM9c

Yakuza 5 coming This Fall now, instead of This Summer like originally planned. :(

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It's not surprising, the game is massive.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Is it as massive as my love for it?

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Or my hype?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Yakuza 5 avatars just hit the US PSN.
    Past wrote: »

Incoming?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Is it time to unpack the PS3? This won't run on the 4 will it?

• Options
    Nope. It'd be nice, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    It was announced for Fall, so don't get your hopes up.

• Options
    The preorder for Yakuza 5 is supposedly going up on PSN today.

Hmm...will it launch earlier than expected?

• Options
    The Yakuza 5 pre-order is up.

Normally $40, but it's $34 if you preorder.

• Options
    They haven't given us a firm date yet.

Good news is, they folded all the DLC into the base game.

• Options
    I'm hoping sometime in September.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm hoping sometime in September.

Nooooo! November, please. September and October are already stacked, whereas all November has is a bunch of big AAA games that I'm not interested in (Fallout 4, CoD, Battlefront, Need for Speed, etc).

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Bought'd.

Now I wait and try and figure out how I'm going to download the game when it finally comes out. Because it's gonna be huge.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »

Bought'd.

Now I wait and try and figure out how I'm going to download the game when it finally comes out. Because it's gonna be huge.

$1 for each gig.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    And you have to have double the game's size free to be able to download and install, right?

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Yeesh, I hope not.

Also, English screens get:
    TcY6zz9.png
    AY1u94m.png
    iY4IDD5.png
    namyigc.png
    h1aiZ3y.jpg
    SrmgRlK.png
    P7gJjlM.png

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    Is Yakuza 5 getting a physical release or not?

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    It'll be interesting to see what they do about the hostess' speech patterns, i.e., whether they just do a straight translation or try to reflect them in the English or something. It's actually central to one of the girls' plots, IIRC (she want to be an announcer so is trying to learn to speak "proper" Japanese). There's also a manzai stand-up minigame that I think would be a pain to translate.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Man I really need to know how big this is gonna be. If it IS 40 gigs then it just straight up won't fit on my ps3.

And yeah there's no physical release.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Yakuza has a Drum Master minigame in it?

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Man I really need to know how big this is gonna be. If it IS 40 gigs then it just straight up won't fit on my ps3.

It shouldn't be anywhere near that big. The original Japanese release had an install size of like 8 gigs, IIRC.
    Yakuza has a Drum Master minigame in it?

Yeah. It doesn't have many songs, though.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    IceBurner wrote: »
    Is Yakuza 5 getting a physical release or not?

It's not. We're only getting it because Third Party Productions is doing it in lieu of Sega. Thus it's as cost-reductive as possible, and not even Europe is getting a physical version.

It's a bummer - I'm usually on the side of "No physical, no buy" (Since my internet is shit and it takes me forever to download anything, thus it's damn near impossible for me to download digital-only games) but this is Yakuza fucking 5 and I'm buying it and playing it and I will make it work.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    I'm going to be sad to be missing a Yakuza physical box in my line up collection. :(

Though I am sad that, except for 4 and Dead Souls, all the other English covers look like shit. The Japanese cover for 3 is still my favorite, or otherwhere known as "This is how you will feel while playing this series",

• Options
    I was hoping Sega Europe would pitch in with a physical version since the Yakuza games apparently did fairly well in Europe, resulting in the awesome Yakuza 4 and Dead Souls steelbooks on my shelf. Doesn't look like that's happening though. Sucks.

• Options
    Does anyone have a translation of the bios in this vid?

https://youtu.be/DayKyU1GFfA

Kind of afraid to go wikia digging for fear of spoilers.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Yakuza 1 remake for PS3/PS4 announced, Yakuza Kiwami. 1/21/2016

Yakuza 6! More info at TGS. PS4 only, Fall 2016.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Digital releases of this size are unrealistic for me. I can do it in theory, but it could double the cost of the game.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Holy shit... I think they just announced that Takeshi Kitano's gonna be in Yakuza 6. That is fucking HUGE...

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    Here's a new Yakuza 1 Remake trailer, with joke subs by yours truly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYNOmbx9ZCc

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Current release date for Yakuza 5 in English? Mid-November.
    Reason for the delay? Bugfixing.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    What's the news on the remakes making it to NA?

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    What's the news on the remakes making it to NA?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

:(

• Options
    Current release date for Yakuza 5 in English? Mid-November.
    Reason for the delay? Bugfixing.

What delay? They'd never confirmed a date in the first place. Sega removed the Mid-November bit from their blog post and have clarified that that's just their target but it might be delayed.

I'm actually hoping it hits in January instead because I just can't see it doing well at all in the middle of all the Calladoody, Star Wars and Fallout mess. We need this game to do well enough to justify a Yakuza Zero localisation, if not Kiwami and 6 as well.