As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Yakuza] & [Judgment] Thread. Yakuza 7 out and great. Now an RPG.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    FINALLY!

M353lCX.jpg

Curse the person who decided to go back to the Yakuza 3 trophy style and require you to complete EVERYTHING. At least the requirements aren't as brutal, I guess, but there's so much more content that it balances that out.

Great game though. It gets a little confusing at times because of the way the game is structured but once it all comes together, it's pretty awesome. Up there with Yakuza 2 as the best in the series IMO.

Question about Yakuza 5: Are there any prizes in the new UFO Catcher (the shaft one) that you can only get in that one? Because the one time I had to play it for a Dragon Statue, I'd already gotten one from a Claw catcher. And I may very well nope the fuck out if I have to play that damn machine for an extended period of time.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    FINALLY!

M353lCX.jpg

Curse the person who decided to go back to the Yakuza 3 trophy style and require you to complete EVERYTHING. At least the requirements aren't as brutal, I guess, but there's so much more content that it balances that out.

Great game though. It gets a little confusing at times because of the way the game is structured but once it all comes together, it's pretty awesome. Up there with Yakuza 2 as the best in the series IMO.

Question about Yakuza 5: Are there any prizes in the new UFO Catcher (the shaft one) that you can only get in that one? Because the one time I had to play it for a Dragon Statue, I'd already gotten one from a Claw catcher. And I may very well nope the fuck out if I have to play that damn machine for an extended period of time.

There's only one that you have to get from a shaft UFO Catcher, the Hatsune Miku figure, even the dragon will appears in a normal UFO Catcher in one of the arcades.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    Ahh, okay.

But as I've discovered, Never-fucking-mind. I draw the line at fucking Gunrhein. I don't have time for that floaty bullshit.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well, I've already played Yakuza 1, guess there's no point in buying it aga-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUcJG69mWs

wVEsyIc.png
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Wait, so is this some expansion lore? Because in Yakuza 1 Majima was trying to kill Kiryu every chance he got.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Dunkey tries some Yakuzo tree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__zGnZtL53Q

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I finally started playing Yakuza 5 in earnest over the weekend. I got through Kiryu's section, including all the Komaki fights, the taxi missions, and the races.

The story is already hilariously convoluted and twisty, and I kind of love it and hate it at the same time? A lot of times the story takes 3 right turns when all it needed to do was take a left, but then the story is so thoroughly dedicated to this brand of drama that it's hard to feel anything but love for it in the end.

Just got to the first save point in Saejima's story. Looking forward to more!

Prepare to lose a lot of time if you choose to keep up with Saejima's side stuff like you did with Kiryu's. His side-story is awesome but it is a while before you can get into the meat of it.
    I regret nothing.

Has the remake for Yakuza 1 been announced for America?

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

Nope. Hopefully they don't skip straight to 6 and it's announced at PSX like Yakuza 5 and 0 before it.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Nope. Hopefully they don't skip straight to 6 and it's announced at PSX like Yakuza 5 and 0 before it.

I'm pretty sure they're going to skip straight to 6. They have limited resources.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited June 2016
    In other good news, the latest version PCSX2 runs my old copies perfectly. No more weird glitches. I bought both Yakuza games localized and used for about $20 bucks at Gamestop. After that, I stopped seeing them even used entirely.

manwiththemachinegun on
    Haruka, tell daddy who your boyfriend is, so he can put him in traction.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Apparently a bunch of New Japan Pro Wrestlers are showing up in Yakuza 6.

I don't have a PS4 but it's certainly tempting now.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I'll be surprised if Haruto ends up being Haruka's kid in the end.

cckerberos.png
    That seems to be everyone's guess. For them to really run with that would be incredibly ballsy.

wVEsyIc.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    That seems to be everyone's guess. For them to really run with that would be incredibly ballsy.

I'd give them props if they did.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Don't worry, I found the baby daddy.
    CsXEHq3UMAEaQHZ.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    GOD the combat in 6 looks fun

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    -SPI- wrote: »

Haha, the same announcer as the joke Yakuza 1 remake trailer I made. Gonna have to do a new fake sub for this too!

wVEsyIc.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ah shit I love me some Yakuza. Which one do we get next? Zero? When is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUHC59YBogM&feature=youtu.be

Holy shit, the seamlessness of everything is crazy compared to the previous games.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    That gameplay clip when a whole seventeen minutes without a single heat action

Do they even know why I play Yakuza games???

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Look, we have our beat em up simulator extreme edition, and that's great.

But a cool middle aged dad simulator? We all know that's the real appeal of Yakuza.

Olivaw wrote: »
    That gameplay clip when a whole seventeen minutes without a single heat action

Do they even know why I play Yakuza games???

You mean like this?

wVEsyIc.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    That's not even a heat action! That's just a normal move!

Yakuza 6 is gonna be great

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCvoMzy_H1g

Can't recall any of the cities in any game looking this alive. They all felt like the same city with different streets.

Hiroshima has layers, and levels.

wVEsyIc.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm a newcomer to the series. Hoping Zero is a good place to start! I mean, it sort of has to be... right?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    I'm a newcomer to the series. Hoping Zero is a good place to start! I mean, it sort of has to be... right?

The best.

wVEsyIc.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

It's a prequel, with also the most updated gameplay. It should be fantastic to jump in on Zero.

Also, note that each numbered entry has 'what happened in the previous games' long cutscenes and synopses you can watch individually by missed game.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I was put off by how clunky and slow the presentation and UI is in 4 and 5. I'm hoping it's improved in 6, and that we get 6. If it's improved in Zero, that's great, I'll play that. But I doubt it, since Zero uses an improved version of 5's tech.

One thing I do like about Zero is that the transition into battles is finally literally seamless and instant.

It's a prequel, with also the most updated gameplay. It should be fantastic to jump in on Zero.

Also, note that each numbered entry has 'what happened in the previous games' long cutscenes and synopses you can watch individually by missed game.

"What happens in the future".

wVEsyIc.png
    They don't do it for Zero, I believe. :p

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    I was put off by how clunky and slow the presentation and UI is in 4 and 5. I'm hoping it's improved in 6, and that we get 6. If it's improved in Zero, that's great, I'll play that. But I doubt it, since Zero uses an improved version of 5's tech.

Holy shit don't even say things like that.

If we managed to get all of the story except for the final fucking chapter of Kazuma... I dunno... I'd probably just cry or something.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I still haven't played 5 because it's download-only on PS3 and by the time it finished downloading Zero will be out already!

That's some bullshit!

And why the heck aren't we getting that HD remake of Yakuza 1 anyway!!!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET