As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to Benchmark a New Computer?

Just built a new computer (well the GPU is old). I'm wondering how the cool kids are benchmarking machines these days. Any suggestions/thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Unigine Valley?

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Mmmmm, 3DMark Demo? Free download on Steam...

It's what I used when testing my system when going from a single GPU to a dual. The demo gives access to three benchmarking runs and checks you against all other computers who have run that benchmark. For more in-depth stuff, you gotta pay to play.

But it worked for me, just to see what gains I made on their arbitrary rating scale. =D

Happy benching!

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular
    SuperPI, furmark, 3dmark, aida64, cinebench, iometer. That's where you start.

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Just to add on to this question, what's the easiest way to find out what is bottlenecking me most or what is the most important to upgrade?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    hsuhsu Registered User regular
    I broke down during the holiday steam sale and bought 3dmark at 75% off, even though I don't need to benchmark my rig… but my steam sale addiction won out…

iTNdmYl.png
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Just to add on to this question, what's the easiest way to find out what is bottlenecking me most or what is the most important to upgrade?

What are you system specs?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Windows Experience Index

• Options
    frenetic_ferretfrenetic_ferret wildest weasel East Coast is Best CoastRegistered User regular

Bottlenecking you at what? Because this is heavily application/usage dependent.

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    Windows Experience Index

Oh my god, I want to hail hydra this so bad...

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...