As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Onward, Guardians, to level 32 and the Dark Below! Eris lives!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    zllehs wrote: »
    Eris and Friends are pretty terrible in general.

One of her fireteam got greased before they even made it into the Temple of Crota. This is an area you can clear out on your own at level 6.

Then I guess everyone else died and she spent "years" living in the hive tunnels trying to find a way out of a place that you literally stumbled into so I guess she wasn't able to leave until she somehow stole a hive fighter or something and now she spends her time standing in one spot in the tower being all emo and shouting about "her pain" to any Guardian who comes within earshot.

Lol big talk from a bunch of guys who can revive their teammates

Also ummm... what exastly is eris?
    those 3 green eyes don't exactly look human... or exo... or awoken...

She's an awoken.

However, the reason she has three eyes is because of her time in the tunnels with the Hive. She lost an eye and she took an acolyte's to replace them and/or to hide herself from the Hive, under the advice of Toland.

Because Toland is the kind of calm, levelheaded dude you want to take advice from w/r/t stealing eyeballs.

When you're stuck in a pit full of hive, you'll do whatever you need to survive. Even if it's batshit insane.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    @Voranth‌ @Dignified Pauper‌ and I had a run through with a couple other dudes of normal vog last night. We had a couple of people who were going in blind, and it turned me into a semi-sherpa, which I am probably not qualified for.

We had a great run up until gatekeepers,then things got a little rough. We made it atheon, and we nearly had him down a couple times before I had to leave. Hope you guys had a good time, I did!

PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    The only problem I have with this game is that I keep forgetting if I have already gotten the first chest in Crota already.
    That might be on me, but still!

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    The only complaint I have about the sharefactory video editing app on the PS4 is that it doesn't have Yakety Sax that I can set my Don't Touch Me-fueled solo Lamp Maze run to.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    Thorn get, finally! Thanks to @Brogey‌ and Zombie Ghandi (can't remember your forum name) for assisting on Xyor.

Although it turned out I was being used by Zombie to achieve his revenge on Xyor. I was expecting a hard fight. What I didn't expect was Zombie popping Weapons of Light and ramming his Gjallerhorn down Xyor's throat, laughing while he did it.

Future reference, Xyor doesn't handle rockets to the esophagus very well.

Thanks guys!

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Team Cold Nuggets has raided the heckler out of Crota this week, but my 30 Warlock is ready to take a crack at it as well. If any Xbone folks are raiding, send a message to Tanith 6227.

On this note, I will assist anyone with Crota as sword carry or Gjallarhorn dps. In exchange ideally for a spot on a Hard VOG.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Team Cold Nuggets has raided the heckler out of Crota this week, but my 30 Warlock is ready to take a crack at it as well. If any Xbone folks are raiding, send a message to Tanith 6227.

Were going for another tonight I belive

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options

Were going for another tonight I belive

One more VOG too, now that I recall.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    got another legendary ship tonight called the Gloriole Jump. actually really like the design and it has a weird textured kind of look which is neat.

2dtv3df.jpg

Wait. How do you pronounce that? "Hey guys, I was just walking around and found a Glori Ole today. I really like it and it was such a neat surprise! Can't wait to take it for another spin tomorrow as you never know what's coming next!"

• Options
    Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Does xbox one party chat not work for anyone else? My mic works but when I join a part or invite no one can hear me at least. Or it lags and takes awhile.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Does xbox one party chat not work for anyone else? My mic works but when I join a part or invite no one can hear me at least. Or it lags and takes awhile.

This has been a pretty common problem for awhile. I usually fix it by leaving the party, exiting to the Home Screen and quitting the Party app; when I re-join the party, my mic usually works.

Some people have more luck with hard-resetting their Xbone, but I'm too impatient for that. =P

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Xbox One party chat is borked again I think.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Wearing the 'Don't touch me' gauntlets in the Sword of Crota mission is quite amusing.

Even if one of the three knights gets a hit on you, invisible, run around them, start stabbing them in the back.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    got another legendary ship tonight called the Gloriole Jump. actually really like the design and it has a weird textured kind of look which is neat.

2dtv3df.jpg

Looks like it's made of LEGO.

Or broken roadside reflectors.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    You know, the ship should let you apply a shader, or have it use the shader from your armor. Then at least we would get more variety in the ships than 80% of the found ones being bronze/brown

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You know, the ship should let you apply a shader, or have it use the shader from your armor. Then at least we would get more variety in the ships than 80% of the found ones being bronze/brown

Problem is that a lot of the found ones are the same exact ship with a different color scheme.
    I mean, I agree with you, but the variety in shapes just isn't there yet.

But it should be.

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I'm not certain why, but I decided to record some examples of Exclusion Zone glimmer-farming:
    http://xboxclips.com/ShadrakLor/b7da62fa-b008-4813-bffb-e93c40d817d4

Notes: The first run of any glimmer-farm will be ugly because you won't have your super charged; these clips are taken from mid-run to demonstrate my methods. I am not wearing Obsidian Mind (though I do have it; sorry, Obi). I have 262 Intellect in this video; I don't know if that affects the amount of super you get from kills.

You could probably adjust this technique for Titan or Hunter, but I find it easiest to do on my Warlock.

I generally make between 10k and 15k glimmer (counting Network Keys) in 20 minutes.

Questions and comments are welcome. =)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Fuck the Thorn bounty right in its stupid face. Finally finished the PVP portion, does anyone feel like helping me with Xyor? GT is L4ZY3YE, I'd really appreciate the company.

I need 60 more points in the pvp part then I'll need xyor for my 2nd thorn. It's gone by much quicker this time

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »

2dtv3df.jpg

Wait. How do you pronounce that? "Hey guys, I was just walking around and found a Glori Ole today. I really like it and it was such a neat surprise! Can't wait to take it for another spin tomorrow as you never know what's coming next!"

It's pronounced glory hole and you can usually find it by the train station in the cosmodrome.

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »

2dtv3df.jpg

I like the cut of your jib. Now if you will excuse me, my Warlock has to go earn glimmer so I can get her to 31 for Crota tonight.

• Options
    Rated M for Mature.

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

2dtv3df.jpg

Looks like it's made of LEGO.

that's why I like it.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    i'm online knocking out some bounties. up for any raid on PS4 - 31 warlock. (I do have a level 27 that needs nightfall/weekly if anyone's willing to carry)

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ps4 nightfall anyone?

• Options
    CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    Anyone else still need the weekly ? 3 coins gets me the Starfire Protocol from Xur which should get me to 31

jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Bruan I'm down to raid. What's your psn?

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Anyone else still need the weekly ? 3 coins gets me the Starfire Protocol from Xur which should get me to 31

I decided to skip on the weeklies this week because Omnigul sucks, but I can help you out.

• Options
    BrandobarisBrandobaris SeattleRegistered User regular
    Bruan wrote: »
    i'm online knocking out some bounties. up for any raid on PS4 - 31 warlock. (I do have a level 27 that needs nightfall/weekly if anyone's willing to carry)

I'd rather run a HM VoG, but I could also run a Crota, I'll be available in an hour after I get lunch.

PSN: Brandobaris

3DS: 0817-4905-9201
    XBL: Brandobaris
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Bruan I'm down to raid. What's your psn?

psn is Anthai! i can do HM also

what's yours? apparently mine is really hard to find.

Bruan on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    So uhh, I jus went 20 and 2 in a rumble match, with thunderlord...

... I think machine guns with that high impact low rate of fire stat are a little broken in this mode at least.

Edit: guess the matchmaking had its revenge, went 9 and 18 in the next match. The only player lower than me was a level 6 using the starting white rifle....

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @Brandobaris @DodgeBlan‌ I'm down and I've got a 31 hunter @Hjalmus coming. we just need two more.

Bruan on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I would be up for vault

• Options
    @Wassermelone‌ friend request sent! Right now we're looking at @Hjalmus @Wassermelone @Brandobaris and @Dodgeblan

• Options
    BrandobarisBrandobaris SeattleRegistered User regular
    Bruan wrote: »
    @Wassermelone‌ friend request sent! Right now we're looking at @Hjalmus @Wassermelone @Brandobaris and @Dodgeblan

Lunch is being devoured now, will be back on shortly.

3DS: 0817-4905-9201
    XBL: Brandobaris
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Thorn get, finally! Thanks to @Brogey‌ and Zombie Ghandi (can't remember your forum name) for assisting on Xyor.

Although it turned out I was being used by Zombie to achieve his revenge on Xyor. I was expecting a hard fight. What I didn't expect was Zombie popping Weapons of Light and ramming his Gjallerhorn down Xyor's throat, laughing while he did it.

Thanks guys!

Damn that was satisfying.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I can't remember if I've done the Vault this week. Is there an easy way to check?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    i think the destiny website will show you if you have the loot checkpoints

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I can't remember if I've done the Vault this week. Is there an easy way to check?

I check on the app

edit - it's under Advisors, it'll show you rectangles for each chunk of whichever Raid. If it's yellow then you did it, if gray then you didn't.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    Thorn get, finally! Thanks to Brogey‌ and Zombie Ghandi (can't remember your forum name) for assisting on Xyor.

Thanks guys!

Damn that was satisfying.

Well, I should be able to to remember what your forum name is now, I didn't want to confuse you with other zombies or ghandis.

Glad you had a good time!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Does anyone want to run crota or vault? Psn is douglasdanger