As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Fancy Dinner 2015 - The Gluttoning

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I'm in.

I will wear three ultikilts

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    And nexus makes 30.
    Only 10 more spots until we hit capacity.
    FYI
    HTH

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    This thread hasn't been bumped in a while and WHY NOT PEOPLE

I am dusting off my American Flag lapel pin especially for the evening. How patriotic are you exactly?

Not nearly that patriotic

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

I am dusting off my American Flag lapel pin especially for the evening. How patriotic are you exactly?

Not nearly that patriotic

While cleaning my room I found an American flag pin, and a flag symbol of Iran pin

I will wear them simultaneously for you, spool

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

Fuck...I left my USSR lapel pin in California...

I'll have to get another one so that I can bury you

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Deebs if there is not a specialty cocktail called the Tear Down This Wall, I'm going to redeploy minuteman missiles to the lobby of the custom house.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    payment paypal is live

Please send $70 per person to
    paxeastdinner@gmail.com
    '

By February 15. Please send as gift or w/e so is feeless. PM if you prefer google wallet. Once it's in, we done. I will never ask you for money ever again.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to paying once there?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

its annoying and cumbersome to whoever arranges the dinner.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Having attended one of these things, there is a 45 minute blanket dance that happens as the organizer has to go table to table asking for money (usually while tipsy) and has to count a couple thousand dollars cash to make sure that the exact number is hit and nobody shorted anyone, etc.

Paying now instead of later means that a credit card can be swiped at the end of the meal, a pre-withdrawn tip in cash can be ready, and the organizer gets to enjoy the end of the dinner as much as everyone else.

It seems smart.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I get the distinct impression that [chat] fancy dinner 2015 would be no less accurate a thread title

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Smrtnik wrote: »

Even best case, it's a headache.
    -Going around to everyone and asking them for $70
    -Remembering who you got money from and who you need to give change to
    -Double counting and triple checking $2,200 in $20s on a bartop and realizing you're short (oh wait, the place had the wrong headcount....still short. Fuck. who was in the bathroom when we did the collection lap?)
    Doing all of this with a belly full of wine was sub-optimal.

I acknowledge that logging into paypal and sending money is slightly more inconvenient than showing up with cash monies, but that minor burden is carried during non-Boston time.

If you prefer google wallet or venmo, send me a PM and I will give you my info on that. I only set up a new paypal, because I know PP works for internationals.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    There have been people that come that don't participate in chat as much, less so this year and last, I think.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    I get the distinct impression that [chat] fancy dinner 2015 would be no less accurate a thread title

it's mostly chat peeps, yes.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Put me in it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    deebs I just paid for the three of us. Thanks!

• Options
    Confirmed and updated!
    Thanks!

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Take me and my + 1 off please. Thank you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    RSVP me

It's on

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Added.
    Also, I will be talking to the restaurant regarding the menu in early February. Please please please contact me if you have any special dietary considerations we need to consider.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    DEEBS DID YOU GET MY MONEY I SENT YOU MY MONEY

• Options
    updated

• Options
    Im talking to the restaurant early next week.
    Please PM me if you or your date have any dietary restrictions/allergies.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Is it too late to back out? I'm not going to make it to PAX East this year.

If you're committed to a certain amount of money, I'll still pay for my spot, though. Not sure if the reservation has been finalized, as it were.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Is it too late to back out? I'm not going to make it to PAX East this year.

If you're committed to a certain amount of money, I'll still pay for my spot, though. Not sure if the reservation has been finalized, as it were.

awww, sucks you cant make it.
    Thanks for the offer, but the final headcount isn't due for another few weeks. We're golden.

• Options
    Aw no! No VH at karaoke will be the worst

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Deeb, I haf paid yous this very night.

Make me not on the list anymore for needing to pay.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Ugghh... I send money via the pay pals.

Me Chris. Dumb no send name or shit in PayPal thingy.

Fucking technology.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    @Deebaser Money should be sent, I'm a whole 2 days before the deadline.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Deebaser money should be on the way to you.

So mark me paid or should be.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I sent digital moneys for me and my +1 a while ago, I put PantsB+1 as a secret code to indicate this.

Also the schedule is out for the actual convention

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    deebs you should have received the payment for me and ludious. just sent it.

ChelleYeah on
    I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    money sent. sorry about the tardiness.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Last call for dietary restrictions. Send PM
    Last call for sign ups. We are at 37. (locking that down end of day)
    If you haven't sent cash, please do so and put my sphincter at ease.

15 days to pax. so excite.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, 15 days?

Seriously?

/gets_fuckin_busy

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Last call for dietary restrictions. Send PM
    Last call for sign ups. We are at 37. (locking that down end of day)
    If you haven't sent cash, please do so and put my sphincter at ease.

15 days to pax. so excite.

you should have recieved my rolls of assorted coins from various eastern european countries and south east asian island principalities via 3 pallets of seperately shipped USPS flat rate boxes by now. please let me know if you haven't via telegraph, fax or morse code.

• Options
    Is there anyone who is up for having me throw fist-fulls in exchange for some sort of ideally padded object on which to sleep? Friday and Saturday nights?

Otherwise I'll be throwing much large clumps of money at hotel owners and probably liverycab operators.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i've actually hacked the paypal account and removed a large portion of the funds paid

• Options
    I am severely allergic to alcohol and even being in the same room with it is very dangerous.

So I am going to have to ask everyone to abstain from drinking alcohol or getting anything cooked in or near alcohol.

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    redx wrote: »
    I am severely allergic to alcohol and even being in the same room with it is very dangerous.

So I am going to have to ask everyone to abstain from drinking alcohol or getting anything cooked in or near alcohol.

this checks out.

also, the best way to get around boston in general is walking, assuming the weather behaves. the places you will be going to are pretty close together.

however, i don't really expect the weather to behave and the city is nearly paralyzed because of the snow. your other options in order of convenience/ economy are:

1) the T. it goes lots of places and is semi-reliable
    2) uber. surprisingly affordable, convenient and rape-free*
    3) taxis. they are hard to flag down in most places, calling for one is super unreliable, the drivers are often rude and drive in terrifying ways. also kind of expensive. boston taxis are the pits.
    4) the bus. it goes everywhere but may or may not come on time or at all and figuring out the routes is complicated, especially for a visitor.
    5) biking/ hubway: lol good luck

*this statement has not been evaluated for accuracy

Wqdwp8l.png