As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Carter of [SHIELD] (Unmarked Spoilers for Aired Episodes Inside)

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Fuckin' hell.

ABC had Muppets run 5 minutes over, so the last 5 minutes didn't record.

Does ABC still put eps up to view on their website?

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    Fuckin' hell.

ABC had Muppets run 5 minutes over, so the last 5 minutes didn't record.

Does ABC still put eps up to view on their website?

Yes, although I think you'll have to wait a bit for tonight's episode.

• mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I had the same problem. If you have the right provider you can watch tonight's episode, well, I assume tomorrow, but if not you have to wait a week.

The correct providers being: Dish, U-Verse, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Optimum, Verizon, Xfinity, DirecTV...actually there's a big list. But none of them are Time Warner. :mad:

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Didn't like that nurse thing at the end. "Oh my god the station chief was concerned about his female agent. HE MUST BE IN LOVE WITH HER!" From what she saw there was nothing there that couldn't be explained by simple affection for someone following your orders.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Yeah, that was pretty tropy. Also: bad nuke science is bad.

Oh well, still fun. Really looking forward to next week.
    Dottie!

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Hahaha, the secret mission van
    Civil War Antiques

I did like Souza's justification for bringing along the tech guy. Though man Souza you kind of treat that guy like shit for absolutely no reason.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Didn't like that nurse thing at the end. "Oh my god the station chief was concerned about his female agent. HE MUST BE IN LOVE WITH HER!" From what she saw there was nothing there that couldn't be explained by simple affection for someone following your orders.

I don't know. She asked him to grab linings and he just stood there, looking at her with longing and worry. The affection he has for her and vice versa isn't hidden well and it gets to the point of "YOU TWO, GET A ROOM ALREADY!" at times. When she first met Peggy, it wasn't as noticeable as Peggy was kinda shocked to learn that Souza had a girlfriend, and how nice she was. But it was really on display this episode and the nurse saw it clearly.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I did like Souza's justification for bringing along the tech guy. Though man Souza you kind of treat that guy like shit for absolutely no reason.

he's whiny, neurotic, selfish, prone to human experimentation, and not particularly good at his job

why should they like him?

http://www.avclub.com/article/agent-carter-might-be-done-hayley-atwell-takes-sta-232066

You know thank god because there aren't enough court drama's on tv and Agent Carter is like the 10th period piece spy drama with comic book roots.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    There were so many purile sex jokes this episode. Pies, woodies... If I didn't know better, I'd say the writers were all twelve.

The best bit, though, was Rose, standing there with a knife, encouraging the science guy, but also shutting him down when he went too far.

One thing that keeps bugging me.
    Why do they not take Wilks on missions? They frequently lamented a lack of Intel.. Why not berng the guy who can both walk through walls AND can't be shot?

One thing that keeps bugging me.
    Why do they not take Wilks on missions? They frequently lamented a lack of Intel.. Why not berng the guy who can both walk through walls AND can't be shot?

While I agree, I feel like they don't want to risk him if Whitney Frost has any chance of being around. I hesitate to guess what she could do to him with her mark. He's also presumed dead at the moment, and that's a really good thing when you have enemies as powerful as the Arena Club.

As well, if he suddenly vanishes, they'll have no idea where he is, of he's actually disappeared or just wandered off, etc. Much safer to keep him in one place so if something happens they at least have a ballpark idea of where he is.

That said, I think they've under utilized that character something awful.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    As well, if he suddenly vanishes, they'll have no idea where he is, of he's actually disappeared or just wandered off, etc. Much safer to keep him in one place so if something happens they at least have a ballpark idea of where he is.

That said, I think they've under utilized that character something awful.

Yeah, sometimes it feels like he's not even really there!

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    The racism is practically transparent

steam_sig.png
  • NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    I assumed its because he'd have to walk to where ever the mission is.
    Can he ride in a car?

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    I assumed its because he'd have to walk to where ever the mission is.
    Can he ride in a car?

doubt it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    They aren't consistent with it. Because Carter's stuff was floating at the office and then when they went to Howards house Wilks was there at the same time. So unless Howard lives right across from the SSR he hitched a ride in the car.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    If this is indeed the last season of Agent Carter, and it probably is, I'll just be happy we got the two seasons we did. I love this show and Atwell is amazing. I honestly thought it was going to be a one season limited series, and the announcement of season two was like a dream I didn't expect to have.

Agent Carter is one of my favorite things Marvel has done so far and I'll be sad when it's over.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    I admit, I am startled every time Peggy does an American accent, even when I know its coming.

• NinjeffNinjeff Registered User regular
    Yea, this season has been 100% spot on entertainment. I've loved every second of it, and will be super sad when its gone.
    I love the style and humor and action. I'm a total sucker for 40s era stuff, so this is right up my ally.
    Plus, my Wednesdays will be lacking sunshine with no Jarvis. That dude is hilarious.

Is it weird to say that I might love Mrs. Jarvis even more? :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Ninjeff wrote: »
    Yea, this season has been 100% spot on entertainment. I've loved every second of it, and will be super sad when its gone.
    I love the style and humor and action. I'm a total sucker for 40s era stuff, so this is right up my ally.
    Plus, my Wednesdays will be lacking sunshine with no Jarvis. That dude is jarvelous.

• ThisThis Registered User regular
    Well I can't say I really care that the show may never come back. I'm sorry for you guys, who seem to really like it. But for me getting through each episode is harder and harder. Just not my thing, too silly and campy, and lacking the tight storytelling I'd expect from a mini-series. I keep watching it because it's Marvel and in case it connects to Agents of Shield or what have you. I also really like Haley Atwell. I just wanted a very different show than what we got.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    This wrote: »
    Well I can't say I really care that the show may never come back. I'm sorry for you guys, who seem to really like it. But for me getting through each episode is harder and harder. Just not my thing, too silly and campy, and lacking the tight storytelling I'd expect from a mini-series. I keep watching it because it's Marvel and in case it connects to Agents of Shield or what have you. I also really like Haley Atwell. I just wanted a very different show than what we got.

The thing is, it's a perfect homage to 1940's and 1950's science fiction with super science and spy fiction. There are some really grim things under the surface (like the Black Widow training facility they found last season), but the overall feeling is one of lightness, fun, and even innocence.

I find that Marvel can lay on the angst really thick. I mean, between Daredevil and Jessica Jones, and to a lesser extent the various Avengers properties and Agents of SHIELD, there's a ton of it. Guardians of the Galaxy and Agent Carter are the much needed breaths of fresh air that keep the universe from feeling dank and stagnant, IMO.

And that's why I'll miss it whenever it's canceled, because it's nice to have a show where the heroes aren't constantly wondering if they can trust one another, or legit torturing captives for information ("A really bad cold" made me grin so much), or suffering from some form of PTSD, or whatever else. Not that those things can't be compelling, or don't have meaning or value, but because life also contains joy and fun and adventure, and there's room for that in the MCU, too.

If this is the last season of the show, I hope it doesn't mean it's the last we see of Peggy Carter. It's always nice to see her have little cameos here and there, like in Ant-Man last year.

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    If this is the last season of the show, I hope it doesn't mean it's the last we see of Peggy Carter. It's always nice to see her have little cameos here and there, like in Ant-Man last year.

It does feel like it might be. They've laid on some of the jokey "foreshadowing-things-we've-already-seen" thing pretty thickly. All Jarvis's remarks about not wanting to be a disembodied voice, etc.

League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg

I'd be REALLY surprised if she doesn't show up in Infinity War as a demonstration the Time Stone's power.

It does feel like it might be. They've laid on some of the jokey "foreshadowing-things-we've-already-seen" thing pretty thickly. All Jarvis's remarks about not wanting to be a disembodied voice, etc.

Yes, all one of them.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Was it me or
    the bit with the memory erase went on a little too long?

sig.gif
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    This wrote: »

The thing is, it's a perfect homage to 1940's and 1950's science fiction with super science and spy fiction. There are some really grim things under the surface (like the Black Widow training facility they found last season), but the overall feeling is one of lightness, fun, and even innocence.

I find that Marvel can lay on the angst really thick. I mean, between Daredevil and Jessica Jones, and to a lesser extent the various Avengers properties and Agents of SHIELD, there's a ton of it. Guardians of the Galaxy and Agent Carter are the much needed breaths of fresh air that keep the universe from feeling dank and stagnant, IMO.

And that's why I'll miss it whenever it's canceled, because it's nice to have a show where the heroes aren't constantly wondering if they can trust one another, or legit torturing captives for information ("A really bad cold" made me grin so much), or suffering from some form of PTSD, or whatever else. Not that those things can't be compelling, or don't have meaning or value, but because life also contains joy and fun and adventure, and there's room for that in the MCU, too.

I don't know, it's not like I'm "anti-fun". I loved Guardians, and Ant-Man. And really everything Marvel does outside of Netflix has a lot of light-heartedness in it. My complaints with Agent Carter have nothing to do with there not being enough graphic torture or whatever.

If anything, I think the show isn't fun enough! Intangible Man isn't much fun, Politician Guy and crazy Sci-tress aren't much fun, and nothing that happens is really very fun or interesting (IMO!). Going around to different buildings to get clues or not be allowed to get clues could in principle be fun, but in practice isn't. Watching Sousa and Peggy do their "awkward" faces when in each other's presence isn't that fun, nor is watching Sousa's 100% doomed and boring relationship with the nurse. A would assume a lot of you find Jarvis pretty fun, but I find his acting (like a lot of the acting in the show) to be super artificial. It's cute, but when I watch him I don't see a person - I see a guy doing a character. ( I can tell he's having fun! )

I also have nothing whatsoever against 40s-50s scifi, spying, or superscience. I just don't think this show does any of that stuff particularly well. I would love cool spying or superscience! But zapping a guy's head to raid a filing cabinet (while technically a supersciencey spy mission) doesn't really scratch that itch for me. Though I can't deny loving the american accent bits.

There is so much that could be done with this show. The Council could be really interesting. The New York Chief's struggles with corruption and doing the right thing and career and country etc. could be really interesting. Seeing the beginnings of SHIELD (and Hydra) should be extremely interesting. What's frustrating is that the show is treating these types of things as if it has 22 episodes to deal with them. It doesn't seem to realize that it's a 6-episode show, and often seems like it's trying to lay the groundwork for future stories which may never come to exist, rather than crafting a solid 6-episode story.

The Agent Carter one-shot was awesome but to me, the show never really lived up to it.

This on
    I was hoping to buy season 1 of Agent Carter when I get taxes but looking at Amazon now, it seems the bluray is unavailable any longer. What gives?

It better not be gone for good because I want that bluray for my collection! :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I was hoping to buy season 1 of Agent Carter when I get taxes but looking at Amazon now, it seems the bluray is unavailable any longer. What gives?

It better not be gone for good because I want that bluray for my collection! :(

It was exclusive to Amazon and looks sold out now.

If the first season doesn't see a rerelease on bluray when season two comes out, I will eat an exceptionally stylish hat.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    If the first season doesn't see a rerelease on bluray when season two comes out, I will eat an exceptionally stylish hat.

Full series set will be my guess

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I'm holding out hope for an Agents of SHIELD crossover with Agent Carter.

They can totally bring her back for two episodes.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I'm holding out hope for an Agents of SHIELD crossover with Agent Carter.

They can totally bring her back for two episodes.

Peggy and Jarvis discover time travel

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    I don't foresee Peggy showing up in Agents of SHIELD unless they fix her condition.

Not that that cannot happen in the MCU, of course.

She's already shown up on AoS :razz: