Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Because Geebs' Inquisitor is getting too old for this shit

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Your Origin also goes a long way toward making the Hero of Ferelden completely boring, or only mostly boring.

My personal favorite being Human Noble, since you get your beef with Arl Howe and you can either become the Queen or Queen-Consort.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    give me another hawke game or give me something else I'll probably still play it

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    She'll use her Jaina voice.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    give me another hawke game or give me something else I'll probably still play it

Hawke Spoilers from DAI
    I hope that just like how if Lelianna dies she comes back with no explanation, they bring Hawke back again with no explanation if you kill her off

Death is for wusses

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I've said it before, but the thing they did with Hawke where you get a different baseline personality depending on your conversation choices is perfect and brilliant.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I've said it before, but the thing they did with Hawke where you get a different baseline personality depending on your conversation choices is perfect and brilliant.

A-fucking-men

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I'd also be ok with just playing a different protagonist in every Dragon Age, or whatever

Track record so far is pretty all right

I just want to get a ground-level view on what's going on with the Grey Wardens in the wake of Adamant

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I'm OK with never playing the Hero again. But I would like more content about her, either in notes or even better if she could appear on screen for a little while.

No jokes about how she doesn't talk very much, though. Give her a voice.

• Options
    seriously though the crew from da2 is so good and I sincerely hope we haven't seen the last of them

it's kind of crazy how much cast turnover there is in the dragon age series compared to mass effect, which kind of seemed like it tripped all over itself to cram old friends in, by the end

• Options
    DA4:

Play as the Hero, Hawke, and the Inquisitor

Switch at any time, like GTA5

each character has their own party members and retinue

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    I have often suggested that if we ever give the Hero of Ferelden a voice, it should be either Gilbert Gottfried or Fran Drescher.

Many of my suggestions along those lines came after spending several months on our official forums.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Is it possible for (Adamant spoilers)
    both the Warden and Hawke to make it out alive? i ask because it says X will likely die

• Options
    vsove wrote: »
    I have often suggested that if we ever give the Hero of Ferelden a voice, it should be either Gilbert Gottfried or Fran Drescher.

Many of my suggestions along those lines came after spending several months on our official forums.

Can it be you doing an impression of Gilbert Gottfried

• Options
    both the Warden and Hawke to make it out alive? i ask because it says X will likely die

in the sequel
    your new character walks into the fade to find hawke riding the giant fear demon around

this happens even if you leave someone else in the fade

• Options

It sounds like (Adamant spoilers)
    That the game is keeping open the possibility of meeting this person again in another game.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Ya'll should go ahead and embrace the fact that the next male protagonist will be done by Troy Baker

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Your Origin also goes a long way toward making the Hero of Ferelden completely boring, or only mostly boring.

My personal favorite being Human Noble, since you get your beef with Arl Howe and you can either become the Queen or Queen-Consort.

I went with Human Mage and it was interesting because a lot of Ferelden people seemed a lot more OK with mages

Since, after all, their Hero is one.

The line I remember clearest is "Bloody mages have taken over Redcliffe. Sigh. Fair enough I suppose, since one of them did stop the Blight at all."

• Options
    City elf was great as well

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I would be down for a remake of DA2

and a Hawke sequel

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DA2 should just be renamed to Dragon Age: Tales of Kirkwall and Inquisition should take its place as the true DA2

• Options
    I don't agree

But it is sort of weird that da2 is the only one with a number and not a subtitle

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    The thing with DA:O is that no matter what origin you pick, it only matters really like for the first hour and maybe a bit at the end.

(Or a bit in the middle if you're a derf.)

I really couldn't tell you a thing about "my" warden, except that I was pretty pissed I had to go save the world instead of stay in a smaller, more interesting story about me being Alienage Spartacus. After that it's pretty much just either be nice or be a jerk, and the only reason to be a jerk is to be a jerk, because you're gonna save everyone either way in the end.

Which I think is what has made DA:I so impressive to me, despite other parts that I'm not so fond of. They do a really good job of making it feel like the whole story is -your- story. Like my irresponsible human nobleman is going through growth where he starts believing in bigger things than himself and taking responsibility for the people under him. Which is an entirely different arc than my dalish elf goes through, where she's trying to keep riding this bull long enough to get some good for the elves while she can.

There's certainly a degree of that which is just happening in my head, but the game still does a bang-up job of constantly providing meaningful dialogue choices to reflect and let you RP that change. It's really great.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Hawke character action game spinoff

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Yay, I had a hand in naming the new thread.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

I think this is an excellent idea

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

"a Tal-Vashoth family walks into a talent agency"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    The thing with DA:O is that no matter what origin you pick, it only matters really like for the first hour and maybe a bit at the end.

I really couldn't tell you a thing about "my" warden, except that I was pretty pissed I had to go save the world instead of stay in a smaller, more interesting story about me being Alienage Spartacus. After that it's pretty much just either be nice or be a jerk, and the only reason to be a jerk is to be a jerk, because you're gonna save everyone either way in the end.

Which I think is what has made DA:I so impressive to me, despite other parts that I'm not so fond of. They do a really good job of making it feel like the whole story is -your- story. Like my irresponsible human nobleman is going through growth where he starts believing in bigger things than himself and taking responsibility for the people under him. Which is an entirely different arc than my dalish elf goes through, where she's trying to keep riding this bull long enough to get some good for the elves while she can.

There's certainly a degree of that which is just happening in my head, but the game still does a bang-up job of constantly providing meaningful dialogue choices to reflect and let you RP that change. It's really great.

I mean, that's because you chose City Elf.

Again, Human Noble gets extra shit going down at Denerim and can basically take over Ferelden.

• Options
    I kind of feel like City Elf is the worst origin for making you feel connected to the overall story.

Maybe Dalish Elf too.

• Options
    Kana wrote: »

I mean, that's because you chose City Elf.

Again, Human Noble gets extra shit going down at Denerim and can basically take over Ferelden.

Mage definitely colored and affected the experience too, to a significant degree I think

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I could see my Aeducan Hero doing a reading of 50 Shades of Grey.
    NSFW

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Mage origin is nice, just because you get to see the circle tower NOT covered in shit for five minutes.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Mage origin is nice, just because you get to see the circle tower NOT covered in shit for five minutes.

Yeah I think the fact that my Warden was a Mage who was BFF with Wynne has a huge impact on my pro-Circle viewpoint
    Whereas Kirkwall was so cartoonishly awful (EVERY MAGE you talk to is a blood mage except Bethany! Even Hawke can become a blood mage!) that its hard to see it becoming a problem across all of Thedas

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm not a big fan of the Mage opening, just because I like the idea of having family or friends who are torn from me in my origin story.

I mean unless you count that asshole bloodmage, but he didn't really read very well as "buddy."

Of course mage origin does allow you to flirt with Cullen until he runs away, and that is pretty darn great. I was really hoping for some commentary from Cullen in DAI if I made the Hero a female mage, but there was none as far as I could tell.

Cambiata on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    See I played City Elf and it made me feel super connected to the story. But it was Female City Elf, which is always Best City Elf. The hatred and distrust of authority, the empathy with the casteless and the mages and the overwhelming need to stab people who really, really needed a good stabbing all began when my elf had her face rubbed brutally in the fact that she was powerless, and was then given power in the shape of a sword.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Maybe for Cullen to get into it, you need to have the Origins character set up that way and then flirt with him in DA:I as a Mage.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of the Mage opening, just because I like the idea of having family or friends who are torn from me in my origin story.

I mean unless you count that asshole bloodmage, but he didn't really read very well as "buddy."

Of course mage origin does allow you to flirt with Cullen until he runs away, and that is pretty darn great. I was really hoping for some commentary from Cullen in DAI if I made the Hero a female mage, but there was none as far as I could tell.

Yes there is
    You have to romance him, and he talks about how he had a big crush on the Hero of Ferelden and she was a lovely woman and he was rude to her the last time they talked and he regrets it and wish she knew that

• Options

Yes there is
    You have to romance him, and he talks about how he had a big crush on the Hero of Ferelden and she was a lovely woman and he was rude to her the last time they talked and he regrets it and wish she knew that

Oh shit. Imma have to romance him again then.

• Options

Yes there is

Oh shit. Imma have to romance him again then.

I think the path is something like
    You get him to talk about his past

This happens when you romance him and I think he can't take lyrium

Once he talks about his past and you two bang there's a thing like "So, did you know the Hero of Ferelden?" and you do that and theres some branches

• Options
    Decomposey wrote: »
    See I played City Elf and it made me feel super connected to the story. But it was Female City Elf, which is always Best City Elf. The hatred and distrust of authority, the empathy with the casteless and the mages and the overwhelming need to stab people who really, really needed a good stabbing all began when my elf had her face rubbed brutally in the fact that she was powerless, and was then given power in the shape of a sword.

Whereas as a pro-Circle Mage there was this sort of trust of the world and its institutions, and the sort of sense that this was your first time out on your own

meeting Morrigan and realizing apostates can be worthy people and safe people

realizing that if you weren't a Warden you'd be expected to leave Alistar and go home at the end of the day and the unfairness of it

Not being allowed to be Queen yourself, but being seen as a Kingmaker

There's a lot there

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Now I'm just imagining a Dragon Age version of The Nanny theme.

This discussion has been closed.