Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Because Geebs' Inquisitor is getting too old for this shit

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how varied the Inquisitor voices are

but imo the Female Qunari is one of the worst video game voice acting roles I've ever witnessed
    She is so flat and robotic and says everything in the opposite tone and attitude that you'd expect to use when delivering the lines

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    See I played City Elf and it made me feel super connected to the story. But it was Female City Elf, which is always Best City Elf. The hatred and distrust of authority, the empathy with the casteless and the mages and the overwhelming need to stab people who really, really needed a good stabbing all began when my elf had her face rubbed brutally in the fact that she was powerless, and was then given power in the shape of a sword.

Whereas as a pro-Circle Mage there was this sort of trust of the world and its institutions, and the sort of sense that this was your first time out on your own

meeting Morrigan and realizing apostates are jerks

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    RubberAC wrote: »

but imo the Female Qunari is one of the worst video game voice acting roles I've ever witnessed
    She is so flat and robotic and says everything in the opposite tone and attitude that you'd expect to use when delivering the lines

there are two female and two male

so do you mean the british one or the american one

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    The thing with DA:O is that no matter what origin you pick, it only matters really like for the first hour and maybe a bit at the end.

(Or a bit in the middle if you're a derf.)

I really couldn't tell you a thing about "my" warden, except that I was pretty pissed I had to go save the world instead of stay in a smaller, more interesting story about me being Alienage Spartacus. After that it's pretty much just either be nice or be a jerk, and the only reason to be a jerk is to be a jerk, because you're gonna save everyone either way in the end.

Which I think is what has made DA:I so impressive to me, despite other parts that I'm not so fond of. They do a really good job of making it feel like the whole story is -your- story. Like my irresponsible human nobleman is going through growth where he starts believing in bigger things than himself and taking responsibility for the people under him. Which is an entirely different arc than my dalish elf goes through, where she's trying to keep riding this bull long enough to get some good for the elves while she can.

There's certainly a degree of that which is just happening in my head, but the game still does a bang-up job of constantly providing meaningful dialogue choices to reflect and let you RP that change. It's really great.

I mean, that's because you chose City Elf.

Again, Human Noble gets extra shit going down at Denerim and can basically take over Ferelden.

Sure, which is at the end :)

I mean like, whether you're a city elf or a human noble

When you're down in dwarf-town it really doesn't much affect your characterization (or at least, it sure didn't feel like it affected mine)

I think DA:I gives way more opportunities to keep making your background matter, even when it's not like, "your" part.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    vsove wrote: »
    I have often suggested that if we ever give the Hero of Ferelden a voice, it should be either Gilbert Gottfried or Fran Drescher.

Many of my suggestions along those lines came after spending several months on our official forums.

May I suggest a third voice

Danny DeVito, to be used exclusively for dwarfs (of either gender)

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The British female voice is Samantha Traynor from ME3 aka The Best

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

i hope it's the american one because that's the one i use and i HATE IT

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

i hope it's the american one because that's the one i use and i HATE IT

THE BRITISH FEMALE ONE IS PRETTY GOOD

I DIDN'T REALIZE I HAD CAPS LOCK ON UNTIL THAT SENTENCE WAS DONE AND i'M TOO LAZY TO RETYPE IT

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    i wish there was another voice option for elves that had an accent similar to other Dalish in the game

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    i wish there was another voice option for elves that had an accent similar to other Dalish in the game

Yeah when I started my elf, I thought maybe I could play her has a city elf that ran to the Dalish at some point, since that would explain the accent. But no, all story indicators say that she was born among the Dalish.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options

and separate qunari voices

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've only seen a few video clips with the American female voice but she kinda sounds like somone's nice but boring middle-aged aunt

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I have to admit I haven't been totally digging the British woman inquisitor VA. In big cut scenes and story dialogue she's fine, but in the "mini conversations" when you ask people questions she sounds really monotone. I know it's a hell of a lot of dialogue and it must be hard to make a billion different "tell me about X" lines sound good. But Shepard managed it, imo.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    so I really liked British Lady inquisitor

I'm using American Lady inquisitor now

and uh...I'm hesitant to say she's bad

but she's definitely really flat and emotionless

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Cambiata wrote: »

Yeah when I started my elf, I thought maybe I could play her has a city elf that ran to the Dalish at some point, since that would explain the accent. But no, all story indicators say that she was born among the Dalish.

Which is kinda weird since then Solas's voice is the Welsh accent.

Granted it's a dreamy voice, but it's a little odd since he's not even Dalish

Kana on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I played a teeny bit as a female dwarf and as a British voiced male and thought they were both a bit better than the British woman

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Should have just swapped Laura Bailey for the American inquisitor voice

• Options
    i am not sure what playthrough i want to do next, this current one is nearing the end

thus far, this is what I have done:

- Human Warrior, romanced Cassandra, sided with the mages, played really moderately and oriented towards forgiveness, peace, and embracing his role as the Herald and believing in the Maker and Andraste
    - Human Mage, romanced Dorian, sided with the mages, played pretty aggressively for FREEDOM especially for mages and had little tolerance for bullshit and politicking, believes in the Maker more or less I guess but rejects the whole "Herald of Andraste" business and is skeptical towards the Chantry

so I don't know what class, race, or approach to take next.

I don't want to play a dwarf, I know that. Aside from that, idk

• Options
    Solas's voice does funny things to me

• Options
    i am not sure what playthrough i want to do next, this current one is nearing the end

- Human Warrior, romanced Cassandra, sided with the mages, played really moderately and oriented towards forgiveness, peace, and embracing his role as the Herald and believing in the Maker and Andraste
    - Human Mage, romanced Dorian, sided with the mages, played pretty aggressively for FREEDOM especially for mages and had little tolerance for bullshit and politicking, believes in the Maker more or less I guess but rejects the whole "Herald of Andraste" business and is skeptical towards the Chantry

Someone needs to play as a dwarf, to report in the details
    And it's not gonna be me!

• Options

I have

what do you want to know

• Options
    I'm doing a lady dwarf as my second playthrough. They are too adorable to resist.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My second playthrough (Asshole Dwarf Warrior) will probably be a guy, how are the male voices?

• Options

I have

what do you want to know

Iunno

Do they, like

Have anything interestingly dwarfy to say?

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

Intro says you're a spy, maybe you had voice coaching :P

I'd recommend female elf romancing Solas for anyone considering another playthrough.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    But fer real though, I know I've been banging this drum for a while but everyone should definitely do a playthrough as a lady dalish elf

There's sooooo much elf-specific stuff, it's pretty awesome.

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I'm doing a lady elf Mage next because Solas <3

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    When i finish this playthrough I'm gonna be a mage that is 100% behind the I AM THE HERALD OF ANDRASTE THE MAKER CHOSE ME and just be annoyingly religious

oh one thing i wanted to ask
    do any of these side-quest collection things have any really interesting stories or tie-ins to the main questline? I'm trying to figure out if i want to bother collecting every single thing on this playthrough or if i should wait till i do another one that i like more
    because I'm not a HUGE fan of the choices i've made so far and I am excited to be a mage, but there's no way i can ever do every single collection quest more than once in a game, if that

RubberAC on
  • Options
    i'd do a lady elf mage next and romance Solas

but i literally just played a mage and i dunno if i wanna play another mage right away

i kinda regret playing a dude male mage this playthrough, i did that mostly because i wanted to romance Dorian

but really i should've played a lady elf

• Options
    When i finish this playthrough I'm gonna be a mage that is 100% behind the I AM THE HERALD OF ANDRASTE THE MAKER CHOSE ME and just be annoyingly religious

Vivienne Approves

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Berserko the Dwarf will be my second character. But I'm not sure how much storyline reporting I can do with him, since his goal will be to ruin every potential relationship as spectacularly as possible, and make the whole world unite to assassinate him.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options

I have

what do you want to know

Iunno

Do they, like

Have anything interestingly dwarfy to say?

Some, yes

most of the dwarf stuff is near the end of the game

Mostly its actually carta stuff

also people are extra incredulous that you are the herald

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

I'm wary about playing a dorf in DA after Origins - the Dwarf Noble origin was awesome, but I'm not sure I'll ever recover from how ludicrous the romance scenes looked. (I'll reconsider this stance if and when Scout Harding ever becomes a viable romantic option)

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

Vivienne Approves

See I played it like that and Viv hated me

Mostly because I was like "fuck you I'm the herald roll out reformobots" and she was all :|

Solar on
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Will you miss out on any significant content if you don't romance anyone? Besides the romance dialogue itself of course.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    See I played it like that and Viv hated me

Mostly because I was like "fuck you I'm the herald roll out reformobots" and she was all }:|

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    My big completiony playthrough right now is Dalish who just hates all the fucking Shem politics, everyone should be free, eff the Chantry.

My next one is going to be a human noble who loves the status quo and wants to be on the top of it.

It's just a shame you can't romance Celene (or can you?)

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    The American Female Herald is actually quite good

It's a very sardonic version of the character, and she's not what you'd call excitable, but her line deliveries are beyond great where it counts and she is the very best at delivering the most important line in the game
    "Well... shit."

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    The American Female Herald is actually quite good

It's a very sardonic version of the character, and she's not what you'd call excitable, but her line deliveries are beyond great where it counts and she is the very best at delivering the most important line in the game
    "Well... shit."

I like the inflection she puts into her End Conversation line for Bull.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I just finished the Knight's Tomb quest

If you pick the Chantry ending to that we are FOREVER ENEMIES, just fyi

This discussion has been closed.