As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Because Geebs' Inquisitor is getting too old for this shit

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Demon Commander is a pain because avoiding his teleport attack is extremely unreliable if you're lagging even a little bit, I've used Fade Step and dropped dead at the end before trying to avoid it, while as host I've been able to avoid a it just by running and jumping. For how difficult it is to avoid, it probably shouldn't also be the single strongest attack in the game.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Quoth wrote: »
    So I don't have to do all the other stuff, like the Wastes and Emerald Graves and whatnot

Nah I would recommend those as post-Wicked Hearts areas

Hmm.

I haven't even done the hawke quest and I'm halfway through graves

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Crestwood is a lower level area than Graves, you really should do Crestwood pretty much as soon as you get to Skyhold even if you are planning to do Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts before Here Lies The Abyss

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I've done all of Crestwood

But Hawke moves to western approach to actually do the mission I think

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    no Western Approach is more lead up, the actual mission is another unique area with a big giant rift over it on the War Table like all the other story missions

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Gotcha

Will clear out western approach next then

I feel like if the game is gonna be this open

Maybe they should scale the mainline missions to your level some

• Options
    the main story missions gave big ol text in their description that tells you the reccomended level range for them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Wait really?

I totally didn't notice

Can't check it now either

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Ladyfriend Dragon Age News:

She'd seen me, when I first started playing, doing that rapid-hop-to-climb-steep-hills thing that is solely the province of kinda-janky jump physics. At the time, she gently mocked it for looking silly.

Now that she's playing, she calls it "billygoating" and it's one of her favorite things to do

My nickname for my first character was inquisitor spidermonkey because of the way she would scrabble across rocks as she jumped and climbed up to high places. It's almost as if they designed each map to include a few just barely climbable slopes.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Ladyfriend Dragon Age News:

She'd seen me, when I first started playing, doing that rapid-hop-to-climb-steep-hills thing that is solely the province of kinda-janky jump physics. At the time, she gently mocked it for looking silly.

Now that she's playing, she calls it "billygoating" and it's one of her favorite things to do

I like that there are dedicated animations for sliding down slopes, both forward and backward. I dunno why but it's one of those little things I appreciate.

• Options
    I like that there are one or two shards that you actually have to spiderclimb to get

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I just refer to the hill-jumpy landscape traversing as Skyrimming.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I just refer to the hill-jumpy landscape traversing as Skyrimming.

I have heard this one frequently.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    given how elfy act 3 was I kind of want to do an elf next

but I also want to do a devoutly andrastian human who doesn't pick up bull, dorian, or cole because he was always taught that qunari, tevinters, and demons are evil

but I also also want to play a dwarf who is just in this for the money and power

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Hour 110, unless literally everything including the text of the upcoming quest is lying to me then I am going to finish this game tonight

I want more

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Hour 110, unless literally everything including the text of the upcoming quest is lying to me then I am going to finish this game tonight

I want more

play it three more times I guess

• Options
    actually I could probably do all three of those in the same time it took me to do this one because I am never going to 100% the game again and the critical path is not that long

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    actually I could probably do all three of those in the same time it took me to do this one because I am never going to 100% the game again and the critical path is not that long

If you mix up your party and max approvals to get the companion quests I don't see repeat playthrough going more than 30ish hours. Almost none of the open world stuff bears repeating.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I have officially hit the point where I legitimately get upset whenever the caption "Cassandra Disagrees" appears on screen.

It's not even a romance attempt thing, though I'm certainly keeping that option open. She's the only non-existent fictional computer cartoon character in this story I actually want to earn the respect of and I think she hates me because heaven forbid I don't actually believe I'm a fucking messenger of god or whatever. My character is just look, I'm trying to make everyone get along so we can stop the giant evil green portal from destroying the world, can you please approve of me, I mean my plan, no I mean me, I like you do you like me check yes or no.

I'm still super early in this game so the story might change it all around but I am starting to look at the game from a perspective of sort of that weird "Neville Longbottom is secretly the hero of Harry Potter"-style fan theory, in that a lot of what I'm doing seems to be a bunch of stuff that Cassandra could just be doing herself. Which I guess is why I'm always answering the "are you the Herald" and "what's your role in all this?" questions with the vegue "I'm nor sure" responses, because I truly believe Cassandra should be the Inquisitor, not me. I mean, so far, the only thing I've done that she couldn't have done- and in several cases couldn't have done better- has been closing rifts with my magic green demon hand. Which basically makes me Cassandra's secondary weapon slot.

• Options
    I really like the dungeons in this game

More of that next time less collection/fetch quests

The dwarven vault and the timestopped temple were really cool

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mage quest
    I am still annoyed how the only two options are let them join the inquisitor, or PRISONERS! and if you pick join you get a TON of disapproval from almost everyone. There is even a probation dialog option later with Cullen. I just want to shout at my party, "I am not putting people in chains you dicks!" That makes me as bad as the dude who I'm rescuing them from.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Cassandra is pretty understanding if you are just like "look, I honestly don't know if the Maker sent me, the very idea is terrifying."

I imagine she only disapproves if you are flat out telling her to her face that her god ain't real.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Also based on party idle chat at this point, the only reason I wouldn't want to pursue a relationship with Cassandra is because I want her and Blackwall to get together. They just talk all the time about how awesome it is to be honorable and stuff and it's adorable.

I mean I'm talking about headcanon here; I imagine you can't actually hook your companions up in the game or whatever. I'm just hoping it's a natural progression thing, like how in my Mass Effect run Tali ended up with Garrus and I was just D'awwwwwwwwwww.

I'm An Elk; Shoot Me on
  • Options
    I'm doing some of the side stuff on my second play through, mostly just to gain levels and specific bits of gear I remember being good, like the Thyrdda Bright-Axe or whatever reward lasted quite awhile for me.

Probably never going to spend a hundred hours on a single play through ever again though.

Just need to finish the game on Nightmare to wrap up trophies.

• Options
    solas' argument for blood magic is so bad

"what if somebody killed somebody with a dagger? would you want to stop people from carrying daggers? huh?"

uh, yes??? I am all for the regulation of weapons

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

"what if somebody killed somebody with a dagger? would you want to stop people from carrying daggers? huh?"

His point is blood magic is not treated as any other tool/weapon by the populace

whether you want all weapons banned or not, people in Thedas don't blame the sword for killing someone. They DO blame blood magic.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    maybe the people of thedas should start blaming the sword

let's get into the real politics of thedas here bioware: weapon legislation

I want dragon age 4 on every news network

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

I met my first Tranquil last night and had forgotten that was a thing in the DA universe, and the whole concept of that just... icks me in a way that adds a whole new dimension to the argument.

• Options

boy I'd really rather not

• Options
    The plot of Dragon Age 4

God doesn't exist and the government wants to take all our weapons

Also government mandated homosexuality?

And Ferelden becomes a communist nation

• Options

Okay I swear I am truly not trying to actually start a weapons argument or whatever but I sort of thought Dragon Age basically was a giant gun control legislation argument, only with the problem of the guns actually being sentient beings.

• Options
    draw your sword

ZJhWGbQ.jpg

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

Okay I swear I am truly not trying to actually start a weapons argument or whatever but I sort of thought Dragon Age basically was a giant gun control legislation argument, only with the problem of the guns actually being sentient beings.

I think they very specifically differentiate it

Blood magic is a thing that, although it CAN be controlled, is wildly dangerous in all but the most skilled hands

A sword is just a sword, and noone at any point in any of the games says weapons in general are bad

in fact most people in DA don't think magic overall is evil or bad, just that it can lead to blood magic which attracts demons

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Blood magic is a thing that, although it CAN be controlled, is wildly dangerous in all but the most skilled hands

A sword is just a sword, and noone at any point in any of the games says weapons in general are bad

in fact most people in DA don't think magic overall is evil or bad, just that it can lead to blood magic which attracts demons

Did this ever get confirmed? i remember people talking about this before the game came out and the consensus seemed to be that it was at best something Anti-mage people say that hasn't been proven.

Has DAI changed this?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the argument for blood magic is insane because a dagger isn't going to bring literal demons into the world

• Options
    demons can possess anyone but they are particularly attracted to mages because then they can do cool stuff and blood magic is even better because then they can do cooler stuff

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

Did this ever get confirmed? i remember people talking about this before the game came out and the consensus seemed to be that it was at best something Anti-mage people say that hasn't been proven.

Has DAI changed this?

Blood magic allows the veil to be opened completely so that demons can pass from the fade to the real world, other magic doesn't

otherwise they have to possess people

• Options
    The use of blood magic itself is treacherous; as it allows the Veil to be opened completely so that demons may physically pass through it into the physical world.[7] Fear of blood magic has stigmatized even some non-magical fields of research like anatomical studies.[8]

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    The use of blood magic itself is treacherous; as it allows the Veil to be opened completely so that demons may physically pass through it into the physical world.[7] Fear of blood magic has stigmatized even some non-magical fields of research like anatomical studies.[8]

the codex entry in question if anyone wanted it:

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Codex_entry:_Blood_Magic:_The_Forbidden_School

• Options
    so if the question was hey would you take away a dagger that could tear holes in the veil???

that answer is uh yeah dawg, i would take that dagger away.

This discussion has been closed.