As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon Defenders] Now with Awakening Beta flavour!!

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So far, the RMT currency purchases costumes and extra bag slots for loot, and extra hero character slots.

I'm guessing that if they release new heroes those will also be behind RMT.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Man they need to get the controller implemented right the heck now. I get that they say it's not important but fuck that. It hurts like crazy to play this with a keyboard and they obviously have it working on some level if you can play on the PS4.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I've only gotten to play a tiny bit, but if you even slightly enjoyed the first game, DD2 is better in pretty much every capacity.

Free to play should open the door to even the moderately curious.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited October 2015
    New patch hit today.

Notables:
    Towers and walls are much larger, but also do much more DPS. This brings them close to parity with Huntress traps which had been dominating the meta. (Traps are still slightly better, but require much more understanding of mob pathing).

Spheres were changed heavily, not much interest to people just starting, but for me where I was still saving gold to buy more spheres, having 500k gold worth of spheres wiped out was upsetting.
    EDIT: Happyness abounds, a dedicated individual at Trendy is working on refunding gold to the players that lost spheres.

New Weapon variety added, Mages now have different projectile counts on different staffs, and melee classes have different attack animations for different weapons. They even show this information on the item tooltips which is super handy.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Are the Huntress traps 1-time only still?

• Options
    How will the support for this be on the PS4? If I remember right the 360 version of the first game never got close to what the PC version got. Will that happen again? I'm worried since even now I can't find any reference to this Ascension patch happening for the PS4 at all.

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    Are the Huntress traps 1-time only still?

Not sure what you mean by this.

Huntress traps have charges based on the amount of Defense health they have. (I'm currently just breaking into Nightmare 2, and my traps have 270+ charges at level 1)
    Each charge has to rearm the trap before it can fire again, this is impacted by defense speed.
    Different bonuses can impact the size of the trigger area, or the size of the blast area.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just remember in DD1 not enjoying how the Huntress traps worked. I think they had charges back then, but not a lot.

• Options
    That may be something they have retuned for DD2, where traps gain more charges for each point of defense health than they did before.

But like I said, Huntress traps dominated the meta for the last couple of months, and are just now being slightly challenged by towers again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    I just remember in DD1 not enjoying how the Huntress traps worked. I think they had charges back then, but not a lot.

They had charges in DD1, but upgrading them increased charges, and repairing them refilled charges.

I wouldn't say it was good or bad, it was just different. I haven't played huntress in DD2 (only squire, and only a tiny bit), so I can't comment there. But at least for DD1 Hunter and Monk were almost entirely required to play with others, or be used by the solo player doing the hero dance between rounds to supplement other hero traps.

It was pretty rare you could use either, alone, and successfully solo a map.

EDIT: I don't actually know what the point of my post was. I just started typing. :rotate:

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Traps work the same way now, upgrading them both increases the charges and refills them to their new maximum and increases their damage all at once for the same mana cost as any other upgrade.

Repairing them fills them back up to their current maximum.

Both the Monk and Huntress are listed as Advanced classes, because they are not able to solo content (especially not at lower levels), Apprentice and Squire both can technically solo but at advanced difficulties you need multiple classes to handle the map.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hitmonchan107Hitmonchan107 Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Man they need to get the controller implemented right the heck now. I get that they say it's not important but fuck that. It hurts like crazy to play this with a keyboard and they obviously have it working on some level if you can play on the PS4.

We implemented partial controller support in the Ascension update. It's still a work-in-progress. :)

Can't wait to see all of the new players tomorrow.

iamisom, Community Manager for Dungeon Defenders
    Twitter: @iamisom
    Currently Playing: Dungeon Defenders II (PC), Warframe (XO), Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U)
  • Options

We implemented partial controller support in the Ascension update. It's still a work-in-progress. :)

Any idea when Ascension will make it to the PS4?

• Options
    Hmmm...I should load up the game to check this.

Is that Halloween costume pack buyable in-game with crystals or whatever they're called, that I got via the CE?

Or is it steam store only?

• Options
    Hmmm...I should load up the game to check this.

Is that Halloween costume pack buyable in-game with crystals or whatever they're called, that I got via the CE?

Or is it steam store only?

Buyable with crystals I believe

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I went ahead and just bought the game outright. I hope I didn't make a mistake but my wife and I are jonesing for a new game to play together.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I went ahead and just bought the game outright. I hope I didn't make a mistake but my wife and I are jonesing for a new game to play together.

If you had waited until tomorrow it would have been free. :P

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

I'm making the assumption that F2P means you still have to pay money to unlock heroes (other than the basic). So by paying I'm hoping that it means I get a lot of the unlocks.

• Options

He'll get crystals to buy cool armor with though, to make up for it.

• Options

I'm making the assumption that F2P means you still have to pay money to unlock heroes (other than the basic). So by paying I'm hoping that it means I get a lot of the unlocks.

Nope, there's only 4 heros in the game right now and they'll all be available for when it goes f2p tomorrow. All you get is some extra bags, a ton of the in-game currency to spend on bag slots, character slots, and costume stuff, you'll get some exclusive titles, and some exclusive costume things too.

All that being said, I bought the shit out of the collector's edition awhile back because I'm a DD junkie, and if I remember correctly you are too so yay for us! :bzz:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I am indeed! So it's not a waste. Game plays great and is just as fun as I remember it.

• Options
    I am indeed! So it's not a waste. Game plays great and is just as fun as I remember it.

Yup. Every time I play this game between long periods of not, I'm amazed at all the changes and improvements to it. I think one of those changes tomorrow will be getting rid of incubation timers so I guess we can instantly hatch pets? Which is great news to me because I hate waiting!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

Yup. Every time I play this game between long periods of not, I'm amazed at all the changes and improvements to it. I think one of those changes tomorrow will be getting rid of incubation timers so I guess we can instantly hatch pets? Which is great news to me because I hate waiting!

That is so last week, pets no longer have a hatch time at all, which is super handy because you can collect eggs faster than you could hatch them in the old system. With the new system, its much easier to keep hatching to get the right stats instead of spending gold on stat rerolls and hoping to get lucky.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    New patch today:
    Features:
    •Auto-Collect Per Wave!
    ◦Auto-Collect now also runs at the beginning of Combat Phase starting on wave/round 2.
    ◦It leaves items on the ground once the Auto-Collect bags are full.
    ◦A chat message appears to let the player know how many items were picked up.

•Pet Hatching Timer Change
    ◦Thanks to player feedback, pets will now always hatch after one second!

•Pet Bag Slot Purchase
    ◦Players can now buy more slots for the Pet Bag! The Pet Bag size can be increased up to 80 slots.

Content
    •Added 4 Skeleton Costumes, one for each hero! [Limited Edition]
    •Added the Grave Danger Costume Pack to the Steam store

◦Includes the above Skeleton Costumes, plus
    ◦Exclusive “Bone Collector” Title
    ◦Headless Horseman Premium Pet
    ◦3000 gems (+20% bonus gems)

Balance
    •Item Enhancement was very costly at the high end. In a first step towards improving the system, the cost of enhancing items was reduced by ~66%.
    •Increased the sell value of Legendary items by 75%.

•Pet Costs and XP:
    Reduced the XP required to level up Pet Affection
    ◦Reduced the gold cost required to level up Pet Power
    ◦Reduced the gold cost required for Pet Rerolling

•Increased the health of the Campaign Throne Room Ogre.

•Multiple projectile weapon critical damage change: Technically a bug fix, but including here in the balance section for visibility. Each projectile now gains a relative portion of Hero Critical Damage depending on how many projectiles were fired. Before, each projectile gained the full bonus of Hero Critical Damage.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Game is now Free, come play!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I will have to find some time. This seems a great time to get back playing this, haven't played since early adoption.

There's been a wipe, and now there will be a bunch of content/bags/etc. thrown my way for paying for the pre-release?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Went ahead and bought the skeleton costume pack because I'm a consumer whore. I've literally bought everything else that's Dungeon Defenders related, might as well get this too. :rotate:

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Hitmonchan107Hitmonchan107 Registered User regular

Any idea when Ascension will make it to the PS4?

The PS4 version is about three updates behind the PC right now. We're trying to get the two versions closer together, but the PS4 version will always be behind the PC version (similar to other F2P games that have both a PC and console version). With that said, I don't have an ETA on Ascension, but it'll be on PS4 in the next few major updates.

iamisom, Community Manager for Dungeon Defenders
    Twitter: @iamisom
    Currently Playing: Dungeon Defenders II (PC), Warframe (XO), Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii U)
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Isn't it kinda mixed? PS4 has proper controller support (for obvious reasons) but also splitscreen multiplayer. I think PC has partial controller support and no splitscreen?

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    Putzing around for a bit. My steam is zero_mx if you want to play a bit.

• Options
    So, what does the Auto Collect do? I seem to only get a handful of items going there randomly and I haven't figured out why.

(glockmamba on steam)

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Nevermind, figured it out. Anything I don't pick up goes there, durr. Thought it would pick up stuff I walked by for some reason.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I created a Steam group for people to use to find other PA Friends to play with.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PADD2

Please hit me up any time, I have almost 7 heroes to level 50, and I'm happy to help with levelling, or to join up for some gear farming, as I'm currently stuck at the beginning of Nightmare 2, but have Nightmare 1 on pretty much AFK farm.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I know it's par for the course but man the first like 5 or 6 levels are so incredibly easy.

• Options
    I know it's par for the course but man the first like 5 or 6 levels are so incredibly easy.

when the game first launched I died to the first wave on the first level almost instantly.

• Options
    The only death I've had this time around was a bug loading into one level. :lol:

Have my skeleton mage up to 28 or something, pew pew.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

when the game first launched I died to the first wave on the first level almost instantly.

Me too! I had overestimated how tanky my Apprentice was, and died while trying to do some hero dps to some large orcs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ooh! just did the Survey Monkey survey for the Hero Deck changes.

I absolutely LOVE the idea of keeping the Hero Deck for group play, but removing it on Solo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    What's this survey monkey thing?

Been playing this more and finished campaign. Servers seem somewhat unstable from all the new people.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    I was browsing through the influence vote section of the DD2 official website and found it, IIRC.

steam_sig.png