As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Chat] Below: A Hunter's Tale

ElkiElki get busyModerator, ClubPA mod
dark-below-destiny-eris%20copy.jpg

destiny-expansion-i-raid-shot_1920.jpg

destiny-expansion-i-fusion-rifle_1920.jpg

destiny-expansion-i-huntercloak_1920.jpg

destiny-expansion-i-shotgun-01_1920.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    B4qt--xIQAENi8Z.jpg:large

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    The Recitation school in the US is usually referred to as Facts First.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @Thomamelas‌ @ronya‌ Source based history yes

for some reason the "questions" bit was throwing me for a loop (as opposed to essays)

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    so far i am enjoying speakerboxx/ the dark below

the strike is kind of bullshit though

i upgraded my icebreaker and suros this morning. maybe also the armamentarium. bought some exotic titan gloves called like fallen wings or something

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    @Frosteey I don't know, like I said I haven't seen it yet. I don't care about the color--I just need a reliable vehicle. Based on this totally legit graphic though, I think I'd only be mad about the color if it was that yucky gold.

2011-Toyota-Camry-Colors.jpg

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

thank you <3

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @Frosteey I don't know, like I said I haven't seen it yet. I don't care about the color--I just need a reliable vehicle. Based on this totally legit graphic though, I think I'd only be mad about the color if it was that yucky gold.

2011-Toyota-Camry-Colors.jpg

"super white"

"black"

smdh

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i need to go around and clean stuff up and pack up but i am the laziest

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

thank you <3

Also they tend to get really pissy if you refer to it as recitation because they tend to believe if you shove enough facts at someone eventually it magically becomes a whole picture.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »

i upgraded my icebreaker and suros this morning. maybe also the armamentarium. bought some exotic titan gloves called like fallen wings or something

What is this....

Also I wish I picked a field with incredible demand and pay, dang

I was a FOOOL

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    If you start with a story in mind when teaching history, then the account you teach may not be accurate, it seems to me. The article in the Atlantic on reclining was very interesting for example, but there were many things one could disagree with. If you teach children in highschool with the redlining story as the culmination of slavery, I would worry that you are telling students that this is the way the facts point. No account can be objective, but some are less subjective than others, I would think.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

i need strange coins who is a bad enough dude to help me get strange coins

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    So did anyone else go on Mr. Gabens wild gem ride last night?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    If you start with a story in mind when teaching history, then the account you teach may not be accurate, it seems to me. The article in the Atlantic on reclining was very interesting for example, but there were many things one could disagree with. If you teach children in highschool with the redlining story as the culmination of slavery, I would worry that you are telling students that this is the way the facts point. No account can be objective, but some are less subjective than others, I would think.

I mean

The account you teach literally May Not be accurate, that is the problem of History. You have to pick what inaccuracies you can deal with.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @deebaser - what a joke. "I live in a publicly owned landmark and don't want my constituents to see me there and say hi to me." Dick.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    also are those gloves worth it, Will? they look eh

i may buy an exotic shard and upgrade my dumb icebreaker or suros regime

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    So did anyone else go on Mr. Gabens wild gem ride last night?

I got rid of my excess backgrounds and emoticons and got a booster pack.

Meh.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

The strike is poop. I'm going to upgrade Ice Breaker and The Last Word later tonight. I'm still thinking on upgrading Mask of the Third Man and buying Achlyophage Symbiote which would bring my exotic hunter helmet collection count to 3, but I don't think it's a bad idea. They're all allow for different playstyles. I like my new exotic gauntlets, but I realized last night that as awesome as they are for PvP, Improved Tripmine Grenade is a useless perk in difficult PvE encounters.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    it looks like the destiny expansion is all level 26+ stuff? didn't know if I should buy it since I am still gonna be stuck at 24 for probs another month

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    that Spruce Mica color is awesome

• Options

without the "story" as you put it theres nothing there

far better to demonstrate the interconnections and show how multiple narratives can be created than to simply say "NO NARRATIVES JUST FACTS"

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    @elldren

gauging from the AP history exam definition, SBQ is basically the document-based question broken down into lots of parts, some short and some long, where all questions ask that you give your response with reference to the documents or what has been taught in class (ie the 'sources'). there's a reduction of a memorization of raw facts per se (since the most salient ones may be provided in the documents) but the student is still expected to be able to invoke authors, writers, etc or cite events sight unseen.

structured questions as basically long essay questions

there's also another approach where it's considered important for students to have a broad and detailed factual knowledge, where this component is assessed directly rather than via use in answering essay questions

also also there's variation over whether students are taught lots of periods/areas, from which they discretionarily pick a few topics of interest to specialize in for assessment, or whether there's a laser focus on a few areas which will definitely show up.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    You march right on up to those car imparting nerds and demand metallic red or blue. It is the only way they will learn.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    .. also some stuff I'm forgetting. important stuff. i swear we've had this discussion in [chat] before and ... maybe mazzyx? maybe moniker? talked a bit about it

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    I think i need to quit drinking. My stomach has gotten fragile and delicate.

• Options
    that Spruce Mica color is awesome

That's the color of my mom's camry. It's p cool in person.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hakkes. They aren't negotiating. Now I feel dumb.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

I believe in you

You can overcome this adversity to continue drinking

I don't want to hear this quitters talk from you nexus, you are stronger than that

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

I'm a nice young man, but I'll help.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »

The strike is poop. I'm going to upgrade Ice Breaker and The Last Word later tonight. I'm still thinking on upgrading Mask of the Third Man and buying Achlyophage Symbiote which would bring my exotic hunter helmet collection count to 3, but I don't think it's a bad idea. They're all allow for different playstyles. I like my new exotic gauntlets, but I realized last night that as awesome as they are for PvP, Improved Tripmine Grenade is a useless perk in difficult PvE encounters.

i just want good pvp gear

i will upgrade my suros i suppose but i prefer shadow price...

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Shitty night. Team lost and ronery.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    hey everyone i want an apology re: wriggly

this is a photo from a PROFESSIONAL PHOTO SHOOT in which a PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER tried to take pictures of Wriggly to entice potential rescuers

115129607.jpg?336w

so no my camera is not just potato

Wriggly just drinks in the light

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

i need to run the weekly with my other mans so i'd be up

the weekly is a huge pain in the ass though. nightfall is even more punishing. I'll bet we could get @elki and his fatebringer though.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Frosteey wrote: »
    You march right on up to those car imparting nerds and demand metallic red or blue. It is the only way they will learn.

ughhh my pet peeve is cars that are weird colors. None of these are weird, but that particular shade of blue on a car is on the distaste side of my Do Not Want meter.

Talk to @BEAST! i literally cannot see a car that is some ridiculous shade of lime or bright magenta or neon orange and NOT say something about it

MODEST CARS FOR MODEST PEOPLE HAKKES 2016

• Options
    it looks like the destiny expansion is all level 26+ stuff? didn't know if I should buy it since I am still gonna be stuck at 24 for probs another month

Are you about to play the new raid? Get it. Not? Keep your money.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    also are those gloves worth it, Will? they look eh

i may buy an exotic shard and upgrade my dumb icebreaker or suros regime

i bought them because they look awesome and I already nearly have my other exotics maxed out and also DollyDressUp4Ever

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I apologize for nothing DPA

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I believe in you

You can overcome this adversity to continue drinking

I don't want to hear this quitters talk from you nexus, you are stronger than that

:cry:

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Hakkes. They aren't negotiating. Now I feel dumb.

who are we talking about, now?

This discussion has been closed.