As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros. - Final Smash Direct Dec. 15th @ 2pm PST

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Man, I had some good chances there! ROB has some insane killing power, you were killing me at low 100s. Ggs.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    ROB's KO potential is a little...odd. Combos into up-air are super brutal, especially against the lighter or floatier characters, but if those don't happen (some characters get out of down-throw way easier than others), KOs can actually be a little hard to come by.

Honestly I think the real reason I won that set 4-3 is because you died to low percent bullshit twice and I only did once. And you actually earned the low-percent KO against me.

My attempt to determine if my aversion to Isle Delphino was reasonable was inconclusive, though. I feel like I could abuse the main platform well against most characters, but early KOs in the walkoff segments turned out to be a real fear as well. I think Castle Siege was better for me than I thought, though. At least against Samus. Maybe not worth it against anyone else?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Wyvern wrote: »
    ROB's KO potential is a little...odd. Combos into up-air are super brutal, especially against the lighter or floatier characters, but if those don't happen (some characters get out of down-throw way easier than others), KOs can actually be a little hard to come by.

Honestly I think the real reason I won that set 4-3 is because you died to low percent bullshit twice and I only did once. And you actually earned the low-percent KO against me.

My attempt to determine if my aversion to Isle Delphino was reasonable was inconclusive, though. I feel like I could abuse the main platform well against most characters, but early KOs in the walkoff segments turned out to be a real fear as well. I think Castle Siege was better for me than I thought, though. At least against Samus. Maybe not worth it against anyone else?

Yeah that up air is ridiculous. Took me a couple games to figure out what you were doing and the mistake I was making. It was 4-2 I believe, but I messed up and killed myself at the end of the last one. Although this is why I hate lylat cruise, the ship moves up and down, and fucks you over so badly. Oh well, you got me this time!

Oh yeah, Delfino seems to be heading towards my dislike list. I got you at what, 40-50 percent? That level you can easily die sub 90 (excluding walk-offs). Heck, you got me at 87.

TelMarine on
  • Options
    Samus goes high enough out of the down-throw that the combo is usually not guaranteed, I think. I had to start trying to read airdodges rather than just going for it most of the time. Some characters are just completely fucked by that combo clear through to kill percents. That has a lot of influence on how difficult the matchup is for me, really. Anyone who gets out of down-throw but is too heavy to die to up-throw by 110 can be hard to kill.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I'm *this* close to using a hammer on the Dr. Mario trophy rush challenge. So fed up with wasting all my gold on repeated attempts.

edit: Just watched a video that made it look so fucking easy, so I guess I'll keep at it! >:(

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @AshtonDragon‌ I hope you join us in future tourneys. It's good to see another high-skilled player join us.

Tell Taya to fight for her own Amiibos!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I had to go to workan hour after the tourney started. Otherwise I would have entered myself (and immediately lost).

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    A LIKELY STORY.

But Amiibos are a cool prize and after New Year's I may buy up some to give as trophies.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    who's around
    *crickets*

TelMarine on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Here's a replay I saved from the tournament of one of the best games I've had in Smash 4 so far. This is game 3 of me vs @Bobkins Flymo (who I'm like 80% sure is Rorus Raz) in the Winner's SemiFinals. (quality is better if you go to the video instead of watching the embedded version, can't seem to change the embed options here).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_RdMtTBEA4

I was at the edge of my seat at the end of this game. The last stock just wouldn't end.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Ashton, Tel, Wyvern, Rorus

Any chance one of you guys would be willing to beat the Hell out of me for a while later

I would be grateful for the practice

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Good games errbody that I played! I'll try and avoid getting so smashed before a smash tourney next time

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Good games errbody that I played! I'll try and avoid getting so smashed before a smash tourney next time

Best way to play. I suck regardless, but with a few beers in me it's fun!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      RamiRami Registered User regular
      I'm not sure I can even play online or if it will just be too laggy. If anyone is around and wouldn't mind helping me test my connection that would be useful. Don't expect a good match though because I'm terrible.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
      sig.gif
    • Options
      ConnConn Registered User regular
      Here's a replay I saved from the tournament of one of the best games I've had in Smash 4 so far. This is game 3 of me vs @Bobkins Flymo (who I'm like 80% sure is Rorus Raz) in the Winner's SemiFinals. (quality is better if you go to the video instead of watching the embedded version, can't seem to change the embed options here).

I was at the edge of my seat at the end of this game. The last stock just wouldn't end.

Mother of God.

That last dash attack went through the Counter, without getting hit back.

I gotta figure out my Battlefield game. Either one of you guys would've 3-stocked me on that stage.

XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
    • Options
      ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
      edited December 2014
      Yeah, that's an issue I have as well. Thanks to For Glory the vast majority of the practice I've gotten has been on omega stages, so I still don't quite know how best to take advantage of platforms or avoid some traps. Same problem with custom moves.

It's not like it's a huge handicap or anything, and I'm not uncomfortable playing with platforms or custom moves. But I could definitely use some more practice against humans in a non-FG setting.

ChopperDave on
      3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
    • Options
      BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
      does shulk's shield art lower just his damage or his knockback as well?

CD World Tour status:
      Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    • Options
      It lowers his knockback - used to be by 30%, but after patch I believe it's 15%

Point is that Shield is horrifying

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      I mean the knockback that he does

CD World Tour status:
      Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    • Options
      FremFrem Registered User regular
      So, if you use Robin's final smash in the boxing ring on the 3DS version? It happens directly below the floating platform and does enough collateral damage to make it fall. It's a really bad idea to do it if you have a high percent and aren't prepared to dodge out of the way immediately after. :P

• Options
      RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
      Conn wrote: »

Mother of God.

That last dash attack went through the Counter, without getting hit back.

Mega Man's dash attack can do the same. Going through Shulk and Lucario's counters is what I like about it.

• Options
      agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
      download_zps982881e8.png

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    • Options
      ah so it does slightly, thx

CD World Tour status:
    • Options
      BlueBlue wrote: »
      I mean the knockback that he does
      Wyborn wrote: »
      It lowers his knockback - used to be by 30%, but after patch I believe it's 15%

Point is that Shield is horrifying

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      @Wyborn‌ I might be able to play in a couple of hours, if you'll be around and are still looking for games.

• Options
      All right, that sounds cool! Just @ me when it's time

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      KupiKupi Registered User regular
      Enlong wrote: »

People are already counter-reporting (witness top comment here) that the interview is grossly mistranslated and being misread even in English. They aren't going to do continual tweaking, but they will fix things that "turn out to be a major problem". Sakurai mentioned that a particular character is being looked at by the balance team as particularly out of balance, though he didn't give a specific name.

Gee, I wonder who that could be?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    • Options
      EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
      Shulk, obviously.

• Options
      Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
      Hopefully Little Mac fell off the competitive charts so much that he won't get nerfed

I love him just the way he is

6F32U1X.png
    • Options
      Guys

Guys why does my Amiibo act so differently when he fights a CPU compared to when he fights me

He's level 35 and the little shit is vicious and I love him. His Kirby is almost as aggressive as mine, and he even taunts after he gets a kill!

But against a level 9 CPU he sometimes won't act at all until the CPU hits him. It's super weird!

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      @Wyborn I'll be ready in around 20 minutes, if it isn't too late for you.

• Options
      I'll be able to fit in a few, sure

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      @Wyborn Room is up.

• Options
      Holy shit I won a match!

Also did not save the replay but WHATEVER

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      ZilikZilik Registered User regular
      Anyone up for a few rounds?

Switch : SW-6376-0705-0509
    • Options
      Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
      Zilik wrote: »
      Anyone up for a few rounds?
      I am. let me add you real quick.

3DS code:4511-0654-1976
      NNID: Glenn565
    • Options
      Aw man

I guess my Ness really isn't up to snuff

dN0T6ur.png
    • Options
      chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
      Wyborn wrote: »
      Aw man

I guess my Ness really isn't up to snuff

If you're still on, I'd appreciate a round or two. Figure you could use some time remembering there's much worse than you out there.

This discussion has been closed.