As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bob Saget [chat]

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The guy who wrote that review is a big GG supporter fyi

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Gooey wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    @‌Gooey

Explain to me in 4 sentences or less why gas prices have suddenly tanked recently. I filled up my tank at $2.17/gallon yesterday. When I drove past the same gas station later that day, they'd already bumped it down to $2.15/gallon. I haven't seen gas prices this low since I was a youthful preteen. "The rising price of gas!!1" has been a ubiquitous political clarion call the entire time I've been conscious of politics at all. What happened yo?

@Hakkekage‌

hmm ok

At the end of summer the global economy started to show signs of slowdown, with a glut of oil supply due in a large part to increased domestic US oil production. OPEC (the "middle east" to most people) makes up about 1/3 global oil production. In a meeting over Thanksgiving, OPEC declined to cut production to reduce supply and bolster prices. Markets subsequently lost their shit and oil has gone in the tank.

It's wonderful but i think we can go deeper

How about $1.89/gallon!

I believe in you, America.

spool32 on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Gooey

Explain to me in 4 sentences or less why gas prices have suddenly tanked recently. I filled up my tank at $2.17/gallon yesterday. When I drove past the same gas station later that day, they'd already bumped it down to $2.15/gallon. I haven't seen gas prices this low since I was a youthful preteen. "The rising price of gas!!1" has been a ubiquitous political clarion call the entire time I've been conscious of politics at all. What happened yo?

Best guess I've seen is that OPEC (who produces oil very cheaply) is trying to drive the competition from Shale Gas in North America (which is very expensive to produce) out of business. They're still making fuck-tons of money, though.

This Economist article doesn't ascribe deliberate intent to OPEC, but I can see that

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/12/economist-explains-4

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Several right wing butt-groups including Breitbart and the Not Feminist Alliance found that they could pander to the GamerGate community on a bunch of stuff. I think they are still trying to milk it.

People mad at the SJW HATERZ might be fertile ground for right wingers hoping to catch some young voters.

Well lets be honest, SJWs are the worst.

Let's be honest, SJW is only ever really deployed as a term of abuse.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    The guy who wrote that review is a big GG supporter fyi

No shit.

But doesn't mean I can't read it and laugh at it.

edit:

Also I don't think he cares, he is in it for the fame and money.

edit 2:

And fedoras.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Several right wing butt-groups including Breitbart and the Not Feminist Alliance found that they could pander to the GamerGate community on a bunch of stuff. I think they are still trying to milk it.

People mad at the SJW HATERZ might be fertile ground for right wingers hoping to catch some young voters.

They aren't. They plainly aren't. Some of them can be annoying sometimes. Now take a look at the people you are allying yourself with by saying this nonsense.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    you can't romance any black people in dragon age afaik

Quid wrote: »
    The guy's portfolio includes tweeting at someone to stop just being pretty on the internet and "get a real job" and writing stories based on unsourced e-mails that "are very damning if true."

Also stating that if he were a certain dev's dog he'd deliberately swallow poison, a few days after that dev's dog died.

He's a piece of shit.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    you can't romance any black people in dragon age afaik

You can flirt with Vivienne but the internet says no matter what she always turns you down.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Gooey

@Hakkekage‌

hmm ok

At the end of summer the global economy started to show signs of slowdown, with a glut of oil supply due in a large part to increased domestic US oil production. OPEC (the "middle east" to most people) makes up about 1/3 global oil production. In a meeting over Thanksgiving, OPEC declined to cut production to reduce supply and bolster prices. Markets subsequently lost their shit and oil has gone in the tank.

Ok yes this is what Economist said, thx u for confirm

Is it time to hoard gas for when OPEC inevitably feels the pinch and restricts production again

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    "SJW" is fucking anathema

fuck gendered marketing
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I want to watch city of lost children but I don't know how
    It's not on netflix or amazon prime or comcast on demand

Blockbuster no longer exists

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Gooey

Best guess I've seen is that OPEC (who produces oil very cheaply) is trying to drive the competition from Shale Gas in North America (which is very expensive to produce) out of business. They're still making fuck-tons of money, though.

This Economist article doesn't ascribe deliberate intent to OPEC, but I can see that

http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2014/12/economist-explains-4

Indeed. That all seems plausible, especially the part about it needling Russia and Iran as well.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    "SJW" is fucking anathema
    I'd like to see an edict about it.
    If we can't say rethuglicans and be shitty and cursory on political discourse, SJW falls into that regime.

It is lazy.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    O yeah I am not actually considering a junker- that's about the only thing I have ruled out

It's the in between range that sucks

It looks really hard to get say a 9 thousand dollar loan for a 5 year old car? Whereas it's trivially easy to finance a brand new or one-year-old car

You should easily qualify for a 10-15K vehicle loan with your credit and a small down payment. Like 500. Honestly with your credit youd have some leasing options*

*job history may be a thing

steam_sig.png
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    breitbart, daily mail, and most talk radio are symptoms of why majorities of folks think torture is a-ok

or do I have that backwards

_J_ wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    OMG this review has to read to be believed.

HOLY SHIT!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/15/Review-Dragon-Age-Inquisition
    2011's Dragon Age II unexpectedly bombed with consumers, despite, of course, the rave reviews from mainstream game news sites, who need only get a whiff of a paraplegic lesbian in an ill-fated love affair with a black transsexual to award a game full marks. Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either; they called it "filler" and said it was "uninspiring." It, too, bored players with politics.
    Unless... well, unless it's the lesbians, by which I mean the "alternative lifestyles" BioWare insists on thumping us around the head with. Ah, those hot, hot lesbians. They would be even hotter if BioWare's artwork wasn't so appallingly inconsistent throughout Dragon Age: Inquisition, of course, which is of course the only reason I raise the subject.

What?

I think that man just omitted a war crime against commas

quoting 4 posterity

Hakks never change

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I like how even at the end the review gives the game an 8.8

Admittedly, I don't read reviews really, so I don't know if that is a failing score, but to me that reads like an 88%, which is reasonably good.

Like, even at the end, they couldn't just sack up and put like 0.

This is an amazing piece of...something.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Quid wrote: »
    The guy's portfolio includes tweeting at someone to stop just being pretty on the internet and "get a real job" and writing stories based on unsourced e-mails that "are very damning if true."

Also stating that if he were a certain dev's dog he'd deliberately swallow poison, a few days after that dev's dog died.

He's a piece of shit.

said dev should adopt him as a pet

then we'll see if he puts his poison where his mouth is

fuck gendered marketing
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I think I'm a p good SJW.

Told a guy the other day to watch his language when he said something along the lines of "Only fags like that."

He started to argue til I pointed out he had no idea who in the room was gay to include the many people who outranked him.

Which admittedly isn't the best lesson to take home but it'll probably get him to shut up for the foreseeable future.

Or is SJW just used to mean "People I don't like"?

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

They aren't. They plainly aren't. Some of them can be annoying sometimes. Now take a look at the people you are allying yourself with by saying this nonsense.

wait, I took that "Well lets be honest, SJWs are the worst." as a joke. Like people saying "cats are the worst" or whatevs.

are you people saying that, based on previous posts, @Doodmann might be serious about that?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    Seriously though, that guy points at a dead pet dog and goes haha. He's well beyond troll and deep into the land of shitkicker.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    kaleedity wrote: »
    breitbart, daily mail, and most talk radio are symptoms of why majorities of folks think torture is a-ok

or do I have that backwards

Maybe because this folks have torture committed against them on the daily.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Will, when would you say you became the kind of man who wears a corduroy jacket

i wore ties and jackets kind of ironically as like an alt-kid thing during college and as a young man then graduated to wearing them earnestly around the time i turned 30.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    @‌Gooey

russia

more accurately, Saudi Arabia is trying to crush US and Russian production because they have lower operating expenses.

More more accurately, it's actually about decreasing profit margins to provide disincentives for future investments in energy production within the US. As creating the infrastructure for natural gas (the predominant thing they are fighting) takes time, accepting lower profits now extends profits later.

The fact that it's a fuck you to Russia for assisting in the destabilization of the Middle East is icing on the cake.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Gooey

@Hakkekage‌

hmm ok

Is it time to hoard gas for when OPEC inevitably feels the pinch and restricts production again

Economies are generally healthier than they were in 2007/2008. Hopefully cheap energy will spur economic growth along, and then it will be a self-correcting problem.

919UOwT.png
    Gooey

@Hakkekage‌

hmm ok

in 3 months demand will go up enough that prices should recover

fuck gendered marketing
    SJW is one of those terms that when used my brain goes into auto shutdown until you stop talking

like people who use the term Democrat party.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Will, when would you say you became the kind of man who wears a corduroy jacket

i wore ties and jackets kind of ironically as like an alt-kid thing during college and as a young man then graduated to wearing them earnestly around the time i turned 30.
    so like all the time

:P

<3

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Irond Will wrote: »
    phone interview with company doing network security analytics + visualization stuff in 10 mins

i know almost nothing about this domain

whee

Data and Analytics Glossary

Go get 'em, tiger.

oh i told them i don't have any domain experience. the interviewer said that was fine and they liked getting people from diverse backgrounds.

Wqdwp8l.png
    postin dis again

By-E6moCYAAo_6W.jpg

once you select your class we can roll for stats

anyways the interview went well but now i have to do a code sample project for them

we'll see how hard or fancy it is

Wqdwp8l.png
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    Confession:

I don't know how to pump gas.

However!

I live in New Jersey.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    But cats really are the worst.
    The best cats are the ones that are odd in the head and think they are dogs.

Bless your heart.
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    OMG this review has to read to be believed.

HOLY SHIT!

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/12/15/Review-Dragon-Age-Inquisition
    2011's Dragon Age II unexpectedly bombed with consumers, despite, of course, the rave reviews from mainstream game news sites, who need only get a whiff of a paraplegic lesbian in an ill-fated love affair with a black transsexual to award a game full marks. Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either; they called it "filler" and said it was "uninspiring." It, too, bored players with politics.
    Unless... well, unless it's the lesbians, by which I mean the "alternative lifestyles" BioWare insists on thumping us around the head with. Ah, those hot, hot lesbians. They would be even hotter if BioWare's artwork wasn't so appallingly inconsistent throughout Dragon Age: Inquisition, of course, which is of course the only reason I raise the subject.

What?
    I love that last part
    that half assed attempt to pretend that he wasn't just talking about hot lesbians for the sake of talking about hot lesbians
    it never occurred to him to just delete that sentence

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Look at this guy.

tRgW1f2.jpg

Do you really want to be remotely associated with someone who would wear that hat? And make it their official publicity picture?

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Mass Effect 2 wasn't a critical success with ordinary gamers either; they called it "filler" and said it was "uninspiring."

hahaha what?

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    everyone know 8.8 is the worst possible score for a video game to receive

postin dis again

By-E6moCYAAo_6W.jpg

once you select your class we can roll for stats

last time this was posted it started a 45 minute conversation about which class is superior

i swear that every job i've ever gotten is because i interview well even though i often know just about nothing of the field i'm hired for

Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.