As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dragon Age: Inquisition] - Jaws Of Hakkon DLC out now for PC, XONE - others in May

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So i went back and played some mp. Katari is so good now.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I like them too! I just got burned out after the 10th one.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The game crashed before I had a chance to save playing the other day, so I just got to replay the Wicked Grace scene.

I think it may be my favorite scene in the entire series.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    the problem with the shards is that you really dont need all the elemental resist and crap from the temple because you cleared the entire game getting the shards to get through it

Bless your heart.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    the problem with the shards is that you really dont need all the elemental resist and crap from the temple because you cleared the entire game getting the shards to get through it
    the one wing with the extra skill point isn't too bad for a 50ish shard investment

• BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Wait, what, not PC? :confused: Or just a different release date?

hippofant on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    It's already out on PC.

• DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    hippofant wrote: »
    Wait, what, not PC? :confused: Or just a different release date?

its already out on pc.

also lol at that tweet.

Deaderinred on
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Uhh. Oops? (Excuse: been on strike for 4 weeks. Haven't played a computar game in that time :bigfrown:)

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry, but delaying DLC this much for certain platforms is not cool. It's not cool. I'm playing this stuff already on PC, but this platform discrimination makes me uncomfortable.

envoy1 wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but delaying DLC this much for certain platforms is not cool. It's not cool. I'm playing this stuff already on PC, but this platform discrimination makes me uncomfortable.
    It's tough. I would have dropped the $15 without batting an eye if it was released on PS4 alongside the Xbox One and PC, but now it's less clear.

I don't get to be part of the launch zeitgeist. I've now heard a bunch of people tell me things about the DLC that make me not want to play it. It's EA's right to do whatever it wants with releases, but it's my prerogative to not give them my $15.

Yeah....I found it nice at 10$. I...don't know if it's worth 15$ though.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    I take it this is gonna be the case for every other DLC, too. I wonder if that includes the emporium.

Elendil wrote: »
    I take it this is gonna be the case for every other DLC, too. I wonder if that includes the emporium.
    Based solely on my gut, I bet free DLC will be universal, pay DLC will be delayed.

I mean, we've already had one MP DLC come out across the board.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Man when you put it like that, the MP DLC is really slacking compared to ME3

steam_sig.png
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    envoy1 wrote: »

It's been par for the course for this generation - especially with trendsetters like Call of Duty and Destiny being exploited as incentives to grow console install bases. At least it's not simply exclusive.

Spoit wrote: »
    Man when you put it like that, the MP DLC is really slacking compared to ME3
    I wonder if it's a resource allocation thing or a factor of the commercial success of MP. Maybe both.

MP certainly isn't terrible or anything, but I find it hard to imagine that MP moved the needle in any meaningful way on DAI sales (and the used market). I'd love to see the real number either way, though.

• EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    Makes a nice change of pace that PC gets preference. At least you're getting it eventually, there are so many exclusives these days on consoles it's ridiculous.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Can you seriously only bind/use 8 skills? What kind of mickey mouse bullshit design is this? I hope I'm missing something here.

Xeddicus on
    8 is plenty, and when you fight something that's resistant to certain abilities, you can change up your hotbar. I only ever have to do that when I'm going up against a Dragon.

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Beat Jaws of Hakkon.
    Well, Sera one shot the final boss
    So technically one of my followers beat Jaws of Hakkon. Still missing a good chunk of the recipes which I guess I wont bother to try to farm. Also final boss drops unique reagents which is kind of dumb since it's impossible to get enough of them to craft a full set of anything since only he drops it.

Bless your heart.
  • PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular

where is the line for this
    i dunno i paid $25 for lunch yesterday maybe i have no concept of value

pmdunk.jpg
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Phonehand wrote: »

It's just supply and demand. Supply is infinite in this case so your only real consideration is price. What's the sweet spot where you maximize the most money? You sell more copies at a $10 price point, but you may make less in overall revenue than if you sold at $15. $15 is pretty standard for DLC, so customers are willing to accept that price, generally on that virtue alone. If you sold it at $16 or even $14, people would actually think about value versus cost which is probably detrimental from a sales standpoint.

Also, you're overpaying for lunch if you're blowing $25 on the regular.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    Makes a nice change of pace that PC gets preference. At least you're getting it eventually, there are so many exclusives these days on consoles it's ridiculous.
    I find this line of thought completely and totally bizarre. From a consumer perspective, any delay/backroom dealing is a bad thing regardless of which platform gets the short end of the stick. And "well, you'll get it eventually" doesn't excuse the bad experience. Just because it isn't the absolute worst case scenario doesn't mean the problem isn't valid.
    Phonehand wrote: »

Value is inherently subjective. If you're a multimillionaire, $15 is basically nothing. If you're a minimum wager, $15 is a substantial investment.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Everyone sets there own price point.

Like i have no problem paying 15 but 20 is too much for me.

Why?

No concrete reason. 20 bucks just seems to be a lot for this kind of content.

And that can be 10 to 15 for some.

I don't care either because i stopped carrying about other people's purchasing habits a while ago.

Dragkonias on
  • EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    I find this line of thought completely and totally bizarre. From a consumer perspective, any delay/backroom dealing is a bad thing regardless of which platform gets the short end of the stick. And "well, you'll get it eventually" doesn't excuse the bad experience. Just because it isn't the absolute worst case scenario doesn't mean the problem isn't valid.

Never claimed it wasn't a problem. Having to wait a bit for content is far better then never getting it. As a console gamer you've got it pretty good as far as game and game content availability. If I got that livid every time a game didn't make it onto my platform I'd be dead by the end of the year from blood pressure.
    Value is inherently subjective. If you're a multimillionaire, $15 is basically nothing. If you're a minimum wager, $15 is a substantial investment.

Exactly this, $15 is a lot to put into a hobby. But I'm a low income renter, if you're frequently having $25 meals obviously it's going to mean a lot less.

Yeah, as it was said above, I don't know my brain says 10$? Sure I'll pay, 15$? I might have to think about it. At 10$? I felt I got a LOT out of the DLC. Also, low expectations might have helped!

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    So they made an Alistair action figure.

http://www.biowarestore.com/collectibles/action-figures/alistair-16-scale-threezero-figure.html?sf37236097=1

$150 for an action figure is way too rich for my blood. It also really doesn't look like Alistair to me at all, so it's not really tempting.

There, this is the right place. >.>

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Looks modelled after the Inquisition model.

Also, BOOOOO get Square Enix to do it better

Yeah I dunno, with sales and stuff, $15 is like a AAA game for me, so it's kind of a hard sell for DLC. Esp when season packs are usually like 30, for 3+ pieces of DLC

steam_sig.png
    So they made an Alistair action figure.

http://www.biowarestore.com/collectibles/action-figures/alistair-16-scale-threezero-figure.html?sf37236097=1

$150 for an action figure is way too rich for my blood. It also really doesn't look like Alistair to me at all, so it's not really tempting.

There, this is the right place. >.>

The Alistair figure is terrible, but the Mabari plush is adorable.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yeah I dunno, with sales and stuff, $15 is like a AAA game for me, so it's kind of a hard sell for DLC. Esp when season packs are usually like 30, for 3+ pieces of DLC

Pound for pound, I usually consider Bioware DLC better than most of the season pass pieces I've seen. Hakkon doesn't really interest me though, and since they never go on sale that probably means I'll never play it.

s7Imn5J.png
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Mabari plush

WHAT

You know I've been thinking about it as I go through my second playthrough and something DAI is really missing is a sprawling urban area.

Most of the densely populated areas in the game are all pretty small, more like camps or tiny villages than anything. Even Val Royeaux was nothing more than a merchant's street.

If they're going to go the open world route, I'd really love the next game to have an urban epicenter. Maybe something the size of Kirkwall but with more sights and distractions.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Mabari plush

WHAT

plush-da-mabari-side_.jpg

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    You know I've been thinking about it as I go through my second playthrough and something DAI is really missing is a sprawling urban area.

Most of the densely populated areas in the game are all pretty small, more like camps or tiny villages than anything. Even Val Royeaux was nothing more than a merchant's street.

If they're going to go the open world route, I'd really love the next game to have an urban epicenter. Maybe something the size of Kirkwall but with more sights and distractions.

Val Royeaux super disappointing. And this was before Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts when it became clear burning Orlais to the ground and salting the earth is the only reasonable way to deal with them.

I mean I wasn't expecting a giant city to explore or anything but I was expecting more than a courtyard with some balconies and back alleys

Dragkonias wrote: »

I blame the last gen consoles. Hopefully they'll be able to do more when they finally cut that cord. Say what you will about the other stuff in AC unity, but they really nailed the crowd density

steam_sig.png
    People like to blame "last-gen consoles" as if they're the cause of every technical limitation in early-life-cycle new-gen console gaming, but it's not like large, sprawling urban levels didn't exist on the 360 and PS3.

Granted, iirc there were features in Inquisition that were cut for multi-platform parity, but I highly doubt BioWare would have gone to the lengths of simulating huge crowds of non-interactable, unimportant NPCs for the sake of the atmosphere of the game. It could be just that natural, non-city environments were their design focus, and the merchant hub was pared down accordingly.

See when i say city I'm not talking non-interactive.

I'm thinking a place that feels lived in. With shops, entertainment and mini-games, NPCs to talk and maybe do quest for, etc.

This discussion has been closed.