As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Dogs Go To Heaven (And Taste Delicious) [movies]

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    how the fuck do you have 11 IS professionals and that shit doesn't get done

ONE PERSON should get that done

also 11 people on a network of that size is completely, utterly insane

There were actually only 3 InfoSec analysts. 8 of them were managers.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    how the fuck do you have 11 IS professionals and that shit doesn't get done

ONE PERSON should get that done

also 11 people on a network of that size is completely, utterly insane

There were actually only 3 InfoSec analysts. 8 of them were managers.

That's a solid ratio there

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Each manager supervises .375 employees.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    "Today Jim, I'd like your legs to just sort of support your upper body as needed"

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    "Did you go ahead and create that password folder for me and leave it unsecured? You did? Excellent, here's a scone."

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Our Christmas Movie watchlist currently is:

*Doctor Who Christmas Carol (already watched)
    *Scrooged
    *Jingle All the Way
    *Batman Returns
    *Gremlins
    *Die Hard (on Christmas Eve or Day, depending on scheduling)

Plus anything else we come across. Probably a few Christmas specials from TV series (ie. Futurama, that X-Files one, etc.).

We'll also inevitably see parts of the Christmas Story when visiting with family.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    There was an international infosec/hacking conference here last week. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go because of other issues, but I was talking to one of the government cybersecurity policy guys and he said there were a number of discussions about Sony.

At the end of the day, a lot of it comes back to the fact that they don't seem to have been protecting against this kind of 'loot everything' attack. They were mostly thinking about a smash and grab - a targetted attack against one property or detail; a script leak, or maybe some gossip details about a specific film. Which is stupid because the first thing an actual hacker is going to ask once they're inside the network is 'Right, what else can I get?'.

I mean, fuck knows what was going on at Sony. They didn't notice that terrabytes of data were being downloaded out system. They didn't notice that someone was systematically moving through their network. They didn't notice, apparently, when the hackers started bricking servers. They only noticed once the hackers just started literally taking over the network and pushing messages to end users, having already stolen absolutely everything that wasn't nailed down, burned down parts of what was left, and finally waving a big red flag that said "Im in ur base killin ur dudes".

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    I WANT TO GO TO THERE

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    I should go to one of those at some point

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    I HATE YOU

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I HATE YOU

Blank

I will go with you to one of these things if you ever find yourself in LA

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    That's a lot of interesting ways to misspell It's a Wonderful Life

I think it's much more likely that they don't think it's a wonderful life is the best Christmas movie

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I HATE YOU

Blank

But the teevee box tells me LA is a festering hellscape!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Huh, the directors cut of Nightbreed is on Netflix. Need to check that out.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    I HATE YOU

Blank

once you get past all the hollywood liberals it's not so bad

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I HATE YOU

Blank

A festering hellscape with sweet live reads

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Rare Exports is a fantastic Christmas Horror movie

it... might be the best one?

It's not a field with a lot of competition

Yeah

I've watched a lot of Christmas horror, it's pretty much the best

The only other major contender is the original Black Christmas, which is shockingly good

Like, I have a soft spot for the Silent Night, Deadly Night series

But it's not because they are good

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    The Christmas movie "Elves" features Dan Haggarty battling against the result of a horrifying Nazi eugenics experiment, an elf, at least one Santa gets stabbed in the testicles during the course of the film by said elf, highly reccomend

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Elves is terribly great.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oooh, one of the rare ones I haven't seen.

• Options
    "Are you a goddamn Nazi or somethin'? Is that your elf?"

-Daniel Haggarty, the year of our Lord 199X

• Options
    Well, sounds like I need to watch Rare Exports.

• Options
    By the way, the best Silent Night, Deadly Night is Silent Night, Deadly Night 5: The Toy Maker

It has Mickey Rooney as a toy store owner named Joe Petto and a bunch of mysterious murder toys

It's totally unconnected to the rest of the franchise, and while it's mostly fun, it ends with a truly unsettling scene
    Pino, the teen robot son of Joe Petto, has actually been behind all of the attempts to kill our main child character. The real Joe Petto is dead, and has been replaced by a robot under Pino's control. The reason he has been trying to kill the main child character is that he wants the boy's mother to be his mother. He then attempts to sexually assault her with his Ken doll parts, screaming, "I love you Mommy!"

Then he gets stabbed in the head with a screwdriver and chopped in half.

• Options
    If I had a dollar for every movie with that exact ending...

• Options
    There's fucking five of those movies?! Is it like the Troll 1, 2 and 3 situation where they have absolutely nothing to do with each other besides the name?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    There's fucking five of those movies?! Is it like the Troll 1, 2 and 3 situation where they have absolutely nothing to do with each other besides the name?

The first three are connected, I believe.

Silent Night, Deadly Night is about an eighteen year old boy who saw his parents sexmurdered by a guy dressed as Santa, who, when forced to don the Santa outfit for his toy store, goes on a rampage, inflicting punishments on people that he believes have been "naughty" (he thinks that is what Santa does because of his crazy old grandfather).

Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 is about the little brother of the first killer.
    He sees his brother killed at the end of the previous movie.
    He retells his brother's story while he himself is locked up in an asylum for various murders, so there's a lot of reused footage from the original. Then he tells his own story, in which he had pretty much the same trauma as his brother even though he was an infant at the time, and he rampages and punishes some naughty people or whatever. And then he goes on a rampage. It's pretty much only notable for that Garbage Day scene that I'm sure you've seen.

Silent Night, Deadly Night 3 has the braindead protagonist of 2 waking up from a coma, being neurally linked to a psychic teen. No further description is necessary.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Jesus. Well, that sinks that ship I suppose.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

That is some bullshit.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    That fucking sucks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hey guys, terrorism works

• Options
    I can't blame them I suppose.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

That is some bullshit.

I've kind of lost sympathy for Sony. Feel bad for the people who actually made the movie though.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

That is some bullshit.

I've kind of lost sympathy for Sony. Feel bad for the people who actually made the movie though.

So...you feel bad for Sony

• Options
    I can't blame them I suppose.
    I can

No one is going to fly a plane into a goddamn movie theater and they are doing exactly what the terrorists want

This is, like, the best case scenario for the terrorists

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    flying planes into things is not the only way to do terrorism

• Options
    It sets a bad precedent. A ridiculous threat is all it takes to tank a movie.

• Options
    flying planes into things is not the only way to do terrorism
    No but it is why the theaters are pulling the movie

The hacker group said they would fly planes into any theater showing it

Which is obviously a ridiculous claim

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.