As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Dogs Go To Heaven (And Taste Delicious) [movies]

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Who could have seen that coming

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    It makes the "oh we didn't do it but MAN HOW RAD ARE THOSE GUYS WHO DID" comment hilarious in hindsight

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'll admit that I didn't really think North Korea would be capable of something like this - though with the security details released earlier it's a lot less surprising.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    b5fqqukceaa7nya-115834.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    So congratulations Hollywood

you just let North Korea dictate your business.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

Next summer every lead actor will be replaced by Dennis Rodman

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Star-Lord, you're not supposed to be in the Savage Land!

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Jurche, mother fuckers! No wonder these people are making seven year plans.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Next summer every lead actor will be replaced by Dennis Rodman

Finally, Double Team 2 will see the light of day

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I don't buy that North Korea was behind that hack for a second

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    ...why?

By all accounts the hack wasn't particularly difficult as Sony had laughable security and it was done because of the Interview and North Korea has said NAH NOT US BUT IT WAS SOME RAD PEOPLE

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Cyber-warfare is a big fucking deal in every country. It makes way more sense for NK to actually be behind this than for no-name hackers to pretend they're North Korea for S&G.

sig.gif
  • Options

Sony kept every executives account names and passwords in an unlocked text file named MASTERPASSWORDLIST.txt

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Like there are definitely CIA hackers hacking into Chinese stuff and vice-versa all the time

it's just that usually you don't hear about it because they don't target movies but the important thing about North Korea is they're fucking crazy.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Could be China wanted to throw a bone to their senile old pet nation, North Korea.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    it was the illuminati

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Yeah, there's a substantial amount of evidence that Pyongyang views cyberwarfare as an opportunity to close the arms gap between what they have and what the hated Americans have, and have invested accordingly. Like, they lose in a head to head convential tanks-and-guns war, but teh intrawebs is a blank slate where anyone with a handful of freely-available network tools and little knowledge of middleaged infosec-illiterate managers habits can get a stake at the big-boy table.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    It would be hilarious if this sets off a chain of events where North Korea's fascist dictatorship is destroyed over a Seth Rogen movie.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Sony has released a clip of the new film they are replacing The Interview with
    http://youtu.be/s19YmnAeQ9M

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    what if the interview was actually an argo all along

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    It's kind of blowing my mind that they went ahead and bowed to this. They put a ton of marketing behind that movie, and if anything those news only makes more buzz. Seth Rogen was on Colbert two freaking days ago high as a kite selling that movie. We're at a point where there are apparently enough people in either the public or working at the heads of Hollywood companies that they think the threat of Pyongyang terrorist attacks actually outweighs the lost profits from not releasing this movie.

Which is ridiculous because Pyongyang will never ever ever ever ever ever write a song about the Sibbie

I mean, murder American civilians on US soil.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    It makes the "oh we didn't do it but MAN HOW RAD ARE THOSE GUYS WHO DID" comment hilarious in hindsight

"Bruce Wayne? Who's that? He sounds like a really cool guy."

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    what if the interview was actually an argo all along

So... to attract Kim Jong-Un in order to assassinate him they cleverly invite him to star in a Seth Rogen/James Franco comedy about his own assassination?

It's just crazy enough to work.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

Well, behind it in the sense that, if i'm understanding the press info right, they hired hackers to do it. NK doesn't have much in the way of internet as far as I know. Or proper electricity to most places. It's largely dark from space.

How would home grown hackers from NK even learn how to do the hacking?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

Well, behind it in the sense that, if i'm understanding the press info right, they hired hackers to do it. NK doesn't have much in the way of internet as far as I know. Or proper electricity to most places. It's largely dark from space.

I promise you the North Korean spy agency has power and high-speed internet access piped right into their offices 24/7.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Yeah just because the masses live in pretty terrible conditions doesn't mean the government does

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2014
    Wrong thread...North Korea eh? Weird.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

I promise you the North Korean spy agency has power and high-speed internet access piped right into their offices 24/7.

Doubtlessly they do, I'm just saying that the talent pool for hackers can't be very good. Of course when you have Sony's patented super high tech security on the job, maybe you don't need a whole lot of talent.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

Doubtlessly they do, I'm just saying that the talent pool for hackers can't be very good. Of course when you have Sony's patented super high tech security on the job, maybe you don't need a whole lot of talent.

The North Korean government will pluck kids right out of school and train them to do whatever they want them to do and force them to do that their whole lives. There is no hobbyist scene in NK because there are no hobbies. You do what the government tells you to do and if the government tells you you're gonna be a hacker, you hack.

sig.gif
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    In North Korea, Hackers are a handpicked pampered elite
    Defectors from the North have said Bureau 121, staffed by some of the most talented computer experts in the insular state, is part of the General Bureau of Reconnaissance, an elite spy agency run by the military. They have said it is involved in state-sponsored hacking, used by the Pyongyang government to spy on or sabotage its enemies.

[...]

Military hackers are among the most talented, and rewarded, people in North Korea, handpicked and trained from as young as 17, said Jang Se-yul, who studied with them at North Korea's military college for computer science, or the University of Automation, before defecting to the South six years ago.

Speaking to Reuters in Seoul, he said the Bureau 121 unit comprises about 1,800 cyber-warriors, and is considered the elite of the military.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Theaters like the Alamo Drafthouse that were going to show The Interview anyway will be replacing it with screenings of Team America: World Police

drafthouse.com/movies/quote-alongs_team_america/dfw

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Theaters like the Alamo Drafthouse that were going to show The Interview anyway will be replacing it with screenings of Team America: World Police

drafthouse.com/movies/quote-alongs_team_america/dfw

I appreciate their moxie

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I bet that Australian girl from the first Transformers movie works for North Korea.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bureau 121
    You gotta admit, that sounds pretty cool

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Rinko Kikuchi is in a new movie where she plays a woman who believes Fargo is a true story: http://screencrush.com/kumiko-the-treasure-hunter-trailer/
    Kikuchi stars as the titular Kumiko, a lonely, regressive woman who lives alone in a Tokyo apartment with her pet rabbit Bunzo to keep her company. Under pressures from both work and her mother in a society still beholden to outdated traditions and gender stereotypes, Kumiko forms an attachment to the film ‘Fargo,’ discovering a treasure map which will lead her to the money Steve Buscemi’s character buried in the snow in the classic Coen brothers film. Kumiko sets out to America to find her treasure, taking us with her on her poignant and troubled journey.

This sounds great

• Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    man, what the fuck is even going on? what the fuuuuck?!

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Rinko Kikuchi is in a new movie where she plays a woman who believes Fargo is a true story: http://screencrush.com/kumiko-the-treasure-hunter-trailer/
    Kikuchi stars as the titular Kumiko, a lonely, regressive woman who lives alone in a Tokyo apartment with her pet rabbit Bunzo to keep her company. Under pressures from both work and her mother in a society still beholden to outdated traditions and gender stereotypes, Kumiko forms an attachment to the film ‘Fargo,’ discovering a treasure map which will lead her to the money Steve Buscemi’s character buried in the snow in the classic Coen brothers film. Kumiko sets out to America to find her treasure, taking us with her on her poignant and troubled journey.

This sounds great

This sounds like it could be wildly, intensely depressing

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular

...that is a true story.

Not Fargo, the woman believing that Fargo was true and going looking for it actually happened.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

This sounds great

This sounds like it could be wildly, intensely depressing

Well in the real story
    she died in the snow looking for it

so there's that

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.