As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dream Games, or, OH MAN IT'D BE SO COOL

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    a really good titty simulator

not quite what you asked for but perhaps you'd be interested in my new indie title, Atrocious Titty Simulator

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Final Fantasy Tactics: A3 is a game I want bad.

As far as a Dream Game would be, I would honestly love to see a more fleshed out Minecraft. Give me RPG elements and questing, etc. I know building is fun and all but a purpose to build would be great as well. Enemies coming to tear your shit down, etc.

A long-time economic game based on MC style size and abilities would be great. Soo yeah. Eve + Civ + Minecraft + Elder Scrolls + great combat. Something of that sort.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    what i would like to see is more video games about caravan trading

like, Silk Road Tycoon, kind of thing

you start out with two dirhams and half a camel, hustling month-old dates in some godforsaken outpost on the Black Sea, and you just buy low sell high until you're managing a trade empire that spans three continents

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    virtual reality superman

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Okay, this is a game I've dreamed of since the Wii was first announced.

You remember the exosuits with guns on the tip of their arms from Matrix: Revolutions? Yeah, I know, silly, but wouldn't it be cool to control something like that? With TWO wii remotes! One in each hand! Each aiming an individual arm! RAH!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Decomposey wrote: »
    A Sandbox based MMO without open world PvP and with an open world housing system.

...second life?

Sure, like Second Life, just with monsters trying to kill you and monsters you can go kill.
    So... Minecraft?
    Butler wrote: »
    Also an MMO where you can level up doing things other than combat in a way that is interesting and challenging (eg. puzzle-based).

ArcheAge may have that second one covered, I dunno.
    Secret World also tried this. The MMO puzzles (I participated in the pre/launch ones) lasted... oh... about an hour. And took LOTS of prep (videos, false websites etc.) Puzzles aren't really conducive to an MMO, since most of the time other people can't really assist you unless they've already figured it out and are dropping hints.

However, the guys that did the pre/launch stuff purchased the Black Watchmen IP and are currently trying to set up their own version.
    Mysst wrote: »
    a really good titty simulator
    Look, a REALLY good titty simulator will have such fidelity you'll also get to experience the backpain and the underwire jabbing into you. Are you sure that's what you want?

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    something like steel battalion, but with a whole crew's worth of control panels. rock band and guitar hero got people to buy a fuckload of plastic instruments, this is plausible, don't take this away from me

skate 4. skate 3's environments were bad compared to 2. give me 2+. or just remake 2 on current platforms and pc that's good enough i don't give a fuck

playing theatrhythm makes me want other music game mashup stuff. rhythm destruction is a sorta okayish music shoot 'em up. i think the concept would work better boss-rush style though and unfortunately the only thing like that out there is a flash game i played on kongregate like four years ago

another chrono series game

e: a new burnout game that is like 3/revenge instead of paradise

a new san francisco rush

possibly these could be the same thing??

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    something like steel battalion, but with a whole crew's worth of control panels. rock band and guitar hero got people to buy a fuckload of plastic instruments, this is plausible, don't take this away from me

skate 4. skate 3's environments were bad compared to 2. give me 2+. or just remake 2 on current platforms and pc that's good enough i don't give a fuck

playing theatrhythm makes me want other music game mashup stuff. rhythm destruction is a sorta okayish music shoot 'em up. i think the concept would work better boss-rush style though and unfortunately the only thing like that out there is a flash game i played on kongregate like four years ago

another chrono series game

e: a new burnout game that is like 3/revenge instead of paradise

a new san francisco rush

possibly these could be the same thing??

Aw man that first one would be badass. I pictured the bridge of a starship all Enterprise style, someone on tactical and engineering and manning the helm.

And someone barking orders and saying MAKE IT SO.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting for someone to make my totally awesome cyberpunk Harvest Moon game.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    A turn based Paradox Grand Strategy game.

A Total War game with better combat modelling and AI that is good rather than terrible.

Another Tribes.

Mostly my dream is to have a friend that wants to play war games with me all the time and go down the rabbit hole with me. I am slowing converting one friend over. I think. I hope.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    A game where you make women's clothes fall off with your mind

They try to put them back on but it's too late, you've seen everything

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I think Akiba's Trip already has that covered

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    what else

i used to think i wanted a realistic fighting game with the fighters either minimally differentiated or even identical, with extremely granular, flexible controls

and then i tried the ufc demo and was like haha never mind

there may be a good game underneath all those button combinations

i will never know

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Europa 4 or crusader kings 2 except the battles are determined by a mount and blade combat or total war style combat

Ive said this before but it would be unreal

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    An open world metro game where I can explore all the tunnels and stations and become a trader or a bandit or a stalker, roaming the surface trying to find some good junk to sell for bullets before my filters run out and I get eaten by watchmen and die cold and alone in the nuclear wastes of Moscow.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Oh and another Riddick game.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    this is gonna sound kind of silly but games have already arrived at the point where I feverishly imagined what I wanted games to be when I was a kid.

games like STALKER and Dark Souls are about as immersive as I need games to be.

And GTAV. I don't really like the gameplay of GTA but holy shit, when you're in first person the fidelity of the simulation of an american city is just insane. I am in awe of how much they've nailed the little details and made it feel like a real place.

Also the relationship stuff in Dragon Age has finally shifted into believable interactions

PT also really blew my mind.

Put occulus rift on these things and they will be TOO REAL

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    I'm sad stalker 2 got canned.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    An arcade game where you crew a tank.

Everyone gets into a pod with different controls for Gunner Driver and Commander

Then you get into tank battles with other crews in other pods because they are all networked together.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    Legend of Dragoon 2
    yes

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    Legend of Dragoon 2
    yes

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote: »
    An open world metro game where I can explore all the tunnels and stations and become a trader or a bandit or a stalker, roaming the surface trying to find some good junk to sell for bullets before my filters run out and I get eaten by watchmen and die cold and alone in the nuclear wastes of Moscow.
    if i could get stalker's gameplay with minecraft's multiplayer and effectively infinite world generation i'd be set for a good handful of months

vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    An Open World videogame set in a giant sprawling supercity ala Dredd but it plays like a cyberpunk version of Assassin's Creed.

• Options
    Growing up I'd always wanted to make a game where there's like a team of highly trained agents or something like that and all the characters are playable but each character is like a different genre of game

Racing, fighting, CAG, puzzle, rpg etc

But the logistics of that would be monumental I'd figure

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    A flying game for Oculus Rift that simulates the mechanics of controlling a pair of wings

Basically I just really want to fly

• Options
    Really I wish I could get a flight sim that supports the rift natively and also that the Rift wasn't so expensive.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I want to see another Chrono Trigger-like game. An adventure through time that brings together a varied cast and punches fate in the face.

With thought put into the ability combo system.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Growing up I'd always wanted to make a game where there's like a team of highly trained agents or something like that and all the characters are playable but each character is like a different genre of game

Racing, fighting, CAG, puzzle, rpg etc

But the logistics of that would be monumental I'd figure
    depends? approached as something like wario ware or simple 2000 stuff with lo-fi trappings and basic mechanics it could be doable
    Calica wrote: »
    A flying game for Oculus Rift that simulates the mechanics of controlling a pair of wings

Basically I just really want to fly
    you're in luck

POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN on
    vQ77AtR.png
  • Options
    Nah man go big or go home

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty happy. For a long time I've been wishing there were more games with a survival aspect to them, and now we have the long dark and 7 days to die. Now I want a mechassault for the new generation of game systems.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    The more I think about it, the more I realize that I just want to play Okami for the first time again.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    A new Volition open world game, set in the style of Saints Row IV. Customizable superpowers (super strength, ice powers, mind control, etc.), huge amounts of costume and character options, secret hideouts, vehicles (if you want one), the works.
    Then, buy the City of Heroes license. Set the game in the Rogue Isles, with you as an up and coming supervillain, trying to take over territory, build your empire, recruiting henchmen and sending them off on their own missions or calling them in for backup in a fight. Randomly generate superheroes and have you repeatedly encounter them, ala the Nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor.

Also, give it multiplayer somehow.

• Options
    Some how fuse Metro and Dayz. Remove the zombies. Keep Metros mutants and version of moscow and the metro. let me set up camps on the surface that I can booby trap and if I forget where my traps are and kill myself tough luck. incorporate the metro factions to be like player factions. team up with your buddies to explore the library or the kremlin or just wander the surface finding things to sell to traders to buy more filters. or if you want to fight for your faction or be a ranger and protect people from mutants so be it. Take control of a metro tunnel and charge people bullets to pass. or maybe they just shoot you and take your stuff and pass anyway.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    oh no jimmy got caarried off by a demon. I hope I can find his corpse so I can take his stuff.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    How's about another Metroid game made by Retro with an even bigger world to explore and more emphasis on using the scan visor and new weapons to get around?

I think that would be pretty cool. Also wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo take a stab at a Mega Man Powered Up style game with the amount of attention to detail they put into Mega Man for Smash Bros. By Powered Up, I mean a side scroller with 3D models and a sense of fun at stopping Dr. Wily, again.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Minecraft with better coding and higher resolutions.

Also a stable mod manager.

• Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more I realize that I just want to play Okami for the first time again.

For me that game is fallout 3

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Dark Souls, but with more intelligent, aggressive enemies and all bosses as rewarding as Artorias and S&O. Refinement of the existing upgrade system, different enemy locations in NG+. Rebalancing weapons and scaling, changing bleed into a short DoT that's immediately applied rather than a meter.

A tightly balanced turn-based tactical RPG in the vein of Tactics Ogre/FFTA. No misses outside of blocks, uses a glance/hit/crit system.

More games that maintain their challenge throughout or build in difficulty, rather than front-loading the hard stuff.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Dunno if I missed this but I want all open world games to have Red Faction's smash tech stat; I want all destructible everything and the first Crackdown kinda game that gives it to me will be my favorite forever.

Legit one of my favorite parts of the Earth Defense Force games is firing rockets into the landscape and knocking down the buildings and cackling like an idiot.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    A new square/Nintendo Mario RPG collaboration in the first game's setting