As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dream Games, or, OH MAN IT'D BE SO COOL

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'd like a game like Destiny, only with an actual storyline and a respectable amount of content included for a change.

Or just give me Suikoden 6 with the original creative team, which is probably a more realistic dream to have.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yeah, a Jade Cocoon 3 on the PS4/XBOne would be pretty sweet.

Jade Cocoon's like Pokemon, only better!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jambo Safari 2 for the Kinect.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    A new 2d metroid game.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    A Mass Effect-style game set in the WH40K universe. Play as an Inquisitor dealing with some crisis. Travel anywhere (within a sector, FTL travel in 40K is relatively slow), investigate shit, fight aliens, heretics, and daemons. Party members include an interrogator, a techpriest, a stormtrooper captain, a Sister of Battle, a Deathwatch Black Shield, and a Grey Knight on a Paladin quest.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    A sequel to Mirror's Edge. :(

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    X-Com and Primeval having a baby.

A fantasy co-op RPG with Chivalry's combat mechanics and no vertical leveling.

A game set in a Steampunk set up where you play a crew smuggling Opium into China in the years before the First Opium War.

The Sydicate FPS's co-op section re-made into it's own game.

A Mistborn game using Shadow of Mordor's Nemisis system.

A mistborn game full fucking stop.

A Mechwarrior game using the Men of War engine. It's like a match made in janky heaven.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    All I really want is City of Heroes back. With a new segment where Villain characters can duct tape Kim Taek-Jin into a shopping cart and kick it down a ravine.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    An MMO set in the Babylon 5 universe.

A game about the westward expansion of the United States from the perspective of indigenous peoples. A game that makes people really uncomfortable and is almost in the survival horror genre.

jgeis on
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Oh man, I'd also like to see a Platinum developed Metroid CAG.

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    A game set in the old west, with a world as large as Skyrim, massive customization options, and Bioware style dialogue.

You could be a black hat wearing asshole, a white hat wearing Roy Rogers, a man with no name, or anything in between.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    a G Gundam kinect game

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Ad astra wrote: »
    A game set in the old west, with a world as large as Skyrim, massive customization options, and Bioware style dialogue.

You could be a black hat wearing asshole, a white hat wearing Roy Rogers, a man with no name, or anything in between.

How did that other Wild West game perform? I seem to recall it getting positive reviews, but I totally forget its name.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    a G Gundam kinect game

Yeah, this needs to happen.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    a G Gundam kinect game

Yeah, this needs to happen.

This would actually make getting an Xbox One with Knect worth it.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

How did that other Wild West game perform? I seem to recall it getting positive reviews, but I totally forget its name.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger is absolutely amazing. I don't know how it did, but everyone should play it.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    a G Gundam kinect game

Filing this under "Games I'm legitimately angry will never exist"

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    a G Gundam kinect game

Gotta have the mic on for some moves. "THIS HAND OF MINE IS BURNING RED!" *Gundam's hand starts lighting up*

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    IT TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!
    Anyway, yeah. Keep being awesome, guys.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I also want another Stuntman game. I fucking love those dumb ass games.

I keep clicking agree but it's only showing up once.

I dunno why but I don't think any other game series has so consistently hit the "FUC--OK, one more try" itch for me as the Stuntman games. Get Criterion on it, they're not doing anything.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Instead of a dream game sometimes I just wish the games I liked were more popular, had more players and hadn't died out. Laser Squad Nemesis, Neotokyo, Dystopia, Bloodline Champions.

I wish Japanese arcade games I like would get released as f2p PC games. The gundam pods, Border Breaker, Sengoku Taisen, Lord of Vermillion, Code of Joker, etc.

I wish there was a fantasy themed version of eve online where you had a castle and raised regiments instead of ships and battles would be composed of armies using regiments controlled by each player. Anyone who has played a total war game 3v3 with one player on each team acting as right, center, or left wing commander knows how fun this is.

Inquisitor on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I want an MMO 3rd person "rpg" where the whole game is based on the idea of evolution as applied to all aspects of the game. Every player starting off as a randomly generated creature in one of many "creche pits" where new characters are logged in. You start with one random advantage, and everything else is base value. Killing another player grants you the ability to sift through their remains and select one of their advantages to add to your own. Dying means having to create a new character.

The game starts off intensely, as new players must decide to flee the pit or stay and fight to build strength. Fleeing is dangerous, as there would likely be quite a few players hanging around these pits to pick off weaklings and farm for advantages.

You can play as a non-hostile character by eating NPC vegetable organisms in the environment, but they provide an entirely different subset of advantages which do not directly help in combat against other players. Offering things like farming, building, hiding, and communication.

I think it'd be pretty fun and interesting.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    I wonder if there will ever be a market for time travel "games" where you can visit an immersive version of a particular time/place re-created as accurately as possible. I don't even know if I'd want a game element to it unless it involved participating in something that actually happened.

I was thinking yesterday about the early Medal of Honor games where they had missions based on actual events from WWII (with a heavy dose of fictionalization) or the Assassin's Creed games where you get at least a bit of a feel for what a particular city would have looked like at that point in its history. I remember seeing something online a while back where someone was creating a simulation of the Titanic with as much accurate detail as possible.

The idea of that sort of "proto-holodeck" experience appeals to me.

That would be cool. Witness D-Day then go back in time and watch the Battle of Agincourt.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Dark Cloud 3.

If not that, give me a game like White Knight Chronicles Georama mode, which lets you build a town with recruitable NPCs from the main story to work in your town. NPCs had various stats and traits making them more suitable to certain tasks like gathering or crafting. It also let players visit your town because your NPCs could craft new gear depending on the level of your town and the NPCs. Players could also group up and take off from your town on guild hunts.

Now take this premise and allow towns to have different dungeon types depending on location of the player village. Caves, mines and mountain peaks for mountain villages, ruins and abandoned cities for plains villages. Each dungeon type has unique bosses with unique drops to bring back to towns that have been customized by players, but players are limited in shops and shoptypes. Got a dragonscale you want crafted into armor? Find a village with a blacksmith skilled enough to work it. Lich cloth to make a fancy new hood? Find a village who has a loomweaver with enough skill to make it for you. It encourages making friends and communities and adapting towns, but also investment so you can't just be like "I have a max level blacksmith but I'll get rid him for a gemcutter/jeweler so it attracts people to my town."

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Two complementary action games about a knight and a cowboy that trade places

The cowboy all having his six shooter mistaken for a magic wand and using his tracking skills to hunt dragons

The knight all bringing his high minded notions of chivalry to the Wild West

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Red Dead Redemption? Isn't that one of the best games Rockstar have ever made?

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular

Have Rockstar ever made a bad game?

I mean, personally I don't like GTA 4 or 5, but they're still absolutely amazing games by almost every metric.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I want a Fire Pro Wrestling game that comes with a full edit suite so people can make their own sprites, animations, and moves.

I want Mass Effect, but it's Star Trek.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Shit, yeah I want a RDR PC release. Fingers crossed that the HD remake for new consoles (not announced but it would not surprise me) opens that door.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem Awakening has taught me I want a 'breeding' RPG. One where I play a lineage of heroes, and I can ship certain people together based on stats, or on their personalities. Probably too complicated, since most games either have a limited dating pool, or the family tree is only one or two generations/

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    What I really want is for bungie to get the rights to Myth back and make a real myth 3

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't care what people think.

I want a modern graphical update to FFVI. Change nothing else.

also bug fixes

and the translation from the GBA version

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    DMAC wrote: »
    I wonder if there will ever be a market for time travel "games" where you can visit an immersive version of a particular time/place re-created as accurately as possible. I don't even know if I'd want a game element to it unless it involved participating in something that actually happened.

I was thinking yesterday about the early Medal of Honor games where they had missions based on actual events from WWII (with a heavy dose of fictionalization) or the Assassin's Creed games where you get at least a bit of a feel for what a particular city would have looked like at that point in its history. I remember seeing something online a while back where someone was creating a simulation of the Titanic with as much accurate detail as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkest_of_Days

The only reason I knew about this game was that it was one of the few fps ww1 games at the time. But you travel through time to various battles and have to do some key thing in that battle. Saving a famous person etc.

It wasn't good, it wasn't awful. But something like it being made today would great.

Gvzbgul on
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkest_of_Days

The only reason I knew about this game was that it was one of the few fps ww1 games at the time. But you travel through time to various battles and have to do some key thing in that battle. Saving a famous person etc.

It wasn't good, it wasn't awful. But something like it being made today would great.

Quantum Leap: Infinite Glory

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    You got me excited for a second.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Not really a dream game, but man I want to play crimson skies again so bad.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    It occurs to me that Games Workshop abd Wizards of the Coast need to be a lot less tight-fisted with their respective IPs. In the right hands, a Warhammer Fantasy game would be ssssssiiiiiiiiick. And there have been great games based on D&D but not recently at all.

Plus, a Magic: The Gathering RPG where you play as a customizable planeswalker would be super rad.

Pathfinder and Darksun are practically begging to be used as a setting for a videogame.

This also reminds me of how sad I was to hear that the Whitewolf mmo got shitcanned.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    It occurs to me that Games Workshop abd Wizards of the Coast need to be a lot less tight-fisted with their respective IPs. In the right hands, a Warhammer Fantasy game would be ssssssiiiiiiiiick. And there have been great games based on D&D but not recently at all.

Plus, a Magic: The Gathering RPG where you play as a customizable planeswalker would be super rad.

Pathfinder and Darksun are practically begging to be used as a setting for a videogame.

This also reminds me of how sad I was to hear that the Whitewolf mmo got shitcanned.

Games Workshop are actually pretty much whoring out 40K to seemingly anyone these days. Which has some resulted in some not so great uses of the setting (see Storm of Vengence).

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    It seems crazy to me that someone could make a bad game based on 40k. Like... it just boggles my mind