As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Winter is Over.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ah, snow. Yeah, we get that sometimes here in Maine.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    It's 90° here

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    84 degrees here.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Salt Lake City was the worst of all worlds with snow. You'd get a foot of it and still be expected at work or whatever, like in most states where it was an expected winter occurrence; but the first snowfall of any winter, however tiny, showed that suddenly everyone in the state had forgotten what snow even was, let alone how to drive in it, and suddenly they were all crashing into each other or falling off the road in an eighth of an inch of the stuff despite two-thirds of the population driving enormous trucks/SUVs. That was always the most dangerous day of the year on Utah's roads because everyone suddenly became a blithering idiot. After that, they'd all suddenly remember again. Not sure if that was just a Utah phenomenon or if it happened elsewhere, but I've certainly never seen it work like that in the UK.

Mind you, here in the UK, half an inch of snow can apparently paralyze the entire country and be headline news for days...

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    There's a warning for tomorrow morning's weather, until 11 AM.

Because the wind chill will be -40 degrees. It's almost so cold that units don't matter (-44 degrees)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I don't play TERA but I do appreciate seeing you guys play it. Those custom game titles always give me a chuckle.

While I'm posting, go check out the AGDQ streams. Playing games quick for charity! Right now there's a glitchy Zelda II run just starting out :)

Fight Cancer! Watch games!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Jazz wrote: »
    Salt Lake City was the worst of all worlds with snow. You'd get a foot of it and still be expected at work or whatever, like in most states where it was an expected winter occurrence; but the first snowfall of any winter, however tiny, showed that suddenly everyone in the state had forgotten what snow even was, let alone how to drive in it, and suddenly they were all crashing into each other or falling off the road in an eighth of an inch of the stuff despite two-thirds of the population driving enormous trucks/SUVs. That was always the most dangerous day of the year on Utah's roads because everyone suddenly became a blithering idiot. After that, they'd all suddenly remember again. Not sure if that was just a Utah phenomenon or if it happened elsewhere, but I've certainly never seen it work like that in the UK.

Mind you, here in the UK, half an inch of snow can apparently paralyze the entire country and be headline news for days...

We experience a similar phenomenon after every chinook here in Calgary.

If that means nothing to you, imagine a sort of magic heat wave that interrupts our winters on account of the unicorns living in the mountain range to the west of us. That's a chinook.

What this means in practice is that we have a solid month of snu on the ground, followed by rapid snumelt. If we're lucky, it melts all the way. If we're not, it immediately freezes into ice. If we're REALLY unlucky, it melts all the way and then then freezes for a maximum unicorn powered up yours. Sometimes it rains at this time, too, just to ensure people can't hike home from their cars without falling at least once.

Lucky or not, the cycle begins with fresh ice or snu on the ground, which results in some tens of collisions on the roads. Sometimes more than a hundred in a morning. This is followed by a month or so of busy garages and doctors discharging mostly healed patients, who will all reunite in time for the next dustup.

I hate unicorns so much, you don't even know.

Fuck unicorns.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    I've lived in D.C. basically my whole life and after living in Philadelphia for a few years and moving back, we definitely wimp out over that cold white stuff compared to others who really get hit hard. Personally I love it, just don't want to drive when the roads are untreated.

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    @CorriganX‌ is totally jawsome! Thanks for Depth dude!

WhosJawsome.jpg

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

Ottawa gets a good bit of snow but it's the same thing here as SLC. First snow fall and everyone forgets how to drive in it. It might be a universal thing.

And last night we were having frost quakes or something. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to my trip to Orlando next week just for the increase of 50C degrees

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

Ottawa gets a good bit of snow but it's the same thing here as SLC. First snow fall and everyone forgets how to drive in it. It might be a universal thing.

demotivation.us_The-annual-meeting-of-the-Summer-tires-club_133026545738.jpg

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    California drivers lose their shit at the sight of a single snowflake.

Also rain.

Tell me about it. I grew up in Florida, where summer camp during tropical storm season meant wading through trails that were flooded up to your knees (not exaggerating). Now I'm in SoCal and I can't stand how much everyone freaks out when it starts sprinkling. To be fair, though, LA is in such denial about precipitation, there's no drainage whatsoever so everything floods at the slightest drizzle, and we paved our river with concrete so it turns into an amusement park river raft ride that someone always manages to fall into.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Is anyone else unable to log in via the website right now? When I click the log in button it circles like it is logging me in, but then the button reappears and I'm still on the same page and not logged in.

Edit: nevermind, it's tuesday, I'm an idiot.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Been a pretty mild winter here in Oregon, was unseasonably warm 56 yesterday.

ItsTooHot-44191.jpeg

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    You guys all suck in your tropical locales. 10 degrees here. Oh and -6 tomorrow night.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Reposting for the Wednesday morning crowds.
    Right, right...

i just couldn't decide who to send this to (which is kinda sad, on account of there being only nine choices, but still...), so figured i'd open it up to all PA Gin&Tonics. Winnah to be drawn Thursday, 12.30 in the pm.

signature.png

Really glad there's been a lot of interest in this one. i liked what i played of the game, myself, but at the time it was just about over the curve of my ability. That was sometime back though, so i should probably give it another look over.
    "Do you have any idea what's going on down there?!! Hideous things!! People are suffering, and people like...well...me are running around!! Suicide, genocide!! People are killing MOOSE!! You buy a video game system, and a better one comes out in a month!! POWDERED EGGS?!!! Self esteem is so low, girls are buyin' WONDER BRAS!! Do you see?! DO YOU?"
    -Nny (speaking to God), Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #6"

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, DLC reviews done through where normal reviews were now that DLC reviews are live again.

Next up to review? Bioshock Infinite. Wheee.

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    striderjg wrote: »
    Well, that was crazy timing. I was just checking out the bundlestars bundle and saw it had velocibox... a game I wanted having the look of a 3d superhexegon (I might or might not be into self flagellation). Also something about it reminded me vaguely of Intelligence cube... which I had a lot of fun with the ps2 I think. Had it in my cart and find out I don't recall my password so I fill in the password reset form and go to check my mail.

If you're looking for a 3D Super Hexagon, I'd recommend checking out Boson X.

looks cool. WLed. Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Basil wrote: »

We experience a similar phenomenon after every chinook here in Calgary.

If that means nothing to you, imagine a sort of magic heat wave that interrupts our winters on account of the unicorns living in the mountain range to the west of us. That's a chinook.

What this means in practice is that we have a solid month of snu on the ground, followed by rapid snumelt. If we're lucky, it melts all the way. If we're not, it immediately freezes into ice. If we're REALLY unlucky, it melts all the way and then then freezes for a maximum unicorn powered up yours. Sometimes it rains at this time, too, just to ensure people can't hike home from their cars without falling at least once.

Lucky or not, the cycle begins with fresh ice or snu on the ground, which results in some tens of collisions on the roads. Sometimes more than a hundred in a morning. This is followed by a month or so of busy garages and doctors discharging mostly healed patients, who will all reunite in time for the next dustup.

I hate unicorns so much, you don't even know.

Fuck unicorns.

The worst weather I have had the misfortune to drive in was in Calgary. A foot and a half of snow fell on May the fucking 6th of 2001. It was insane.

...why did Geth Agree this post? Am I going to die?

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, DLC reviews done through where normal reviews were now that DLC reviews are live again.

This sentence is breaking my brain.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    I finally played Space Engineers after getting it during the sale. What an awesome game, it's like Minecraft but with Build Your Own Spaceships, guns and complex mining operations. I'm a little bummed that it doesn't seem to have more traction on the forums, but I can be blamed for that as well as anyone else (late to the party).

• Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    You guys all suck in your tropical locales. 10 degrees here. Oh and -6 tomorrow night.

If it's any consolation, I'm pretty ticked off that it's all hot again this week.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Portland (and the rest of Oregon), for what it's worth, is plenty used to wet stuff falling from the sky. It does that for at least half the year.
    We're just not used to it being, or remaining for any length of time, solid.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »

This sentence is breaking my brain.

Information useful for parsing this sentence:
    • DLC reviews were able to be made when reviews first became a feature on Steam, then were disabled for some reason, and recently have been re-enabled
    • I have been making reviews on main games, but not on DLC.

Thus, the sentence above is stating that I have completed reviewing DLC for all games which I had previously done normal reviews for.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    But the real question is, will it blend?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Looks like I won a thing!

fc8yjng7yoe8.jpg

Cheers very much, @Bobbyrrrr! Yes indeed, we should figure out some co-op shenanigans. I'm sure there's a couple more we can make a foursome with?

Dibs on Valkyrie.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Zenitram wrote: »
    I finally played Space Engineers after getting it during the sale. What an awesome game, it's like Minecraft but with Build Your Own Spaceships, guns and complex mining operations. I'm a little bummed that it doesn't seem to have more traction on the forums, but I can be blamed for that as well as anyone else (late to the party).

Played a bit during the vacation and just getting a bit back in there after catastrophic failure. Awesome game and it would indeed be awesome in a "let's build shit!" forum group kinda way.

It's kinda hard to sometimes locate pockets of the more rare minerals, and I imagine with more hands on that it would flow a bit faster for some more violent meteor storms.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    If anyone else is using a Windows Tablet I just bought a Bluetooth mouse and despite how neat my active stylus is, I can't say enough good about having a physical mouse for games. Hexcells is pretty much impossible without a physical right mouse button and 3d anything is much easier with a middle button for zooming and rotating. I was finding previewing the features of spaces in Talisman really tough with the touchscreen, but with a mouse it's perfect. In fact, I'm thinking about asking for a Bluetooth keyboard for the up and coming "LiLo's even older than before" celebration in the next few months.

Tomorrow at work I'll be spending my lunch break making a theme park :) This is the one I grabbed today BTW http://www.staples.com/Microsoft-Sculpt-Comfort-Mouse-Black-/product_187956

And yeah, we get some snow in Maine on occasion... but the two weeks of summer we get makes up for it.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    ...why did Geth Agree this post? Am I going to die?

Pretty sure it was the numbers. Numbers are super-sexy to Geth. As are human fatalities, robot uprisings, cyborg implants gone wrong, and other mechanically induced human suffering. And, oddly, butterflies. Their flapping wings pressing air down to keep them aloft reminds him of triumphant androids pressing down masses of squealing humanity.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Second game of the year finished: Transistor

So far 2015 has been an emotional roller coaster. Beautiful, beautiful game.

vru37z14gk5j.png

• Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    After coming back from cleaning the old apartment for 3 days @destroyah87‌ makes up for lost time by gifting me JULIA: Among the Stars!

• Options
    Okay, I mentioned this already, but I'm a little further in, and good lord LYNE has a lot of levels.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Imaginary Gotham in Arkham City has gotten more snow in the time I've played it than Olympia has this entire winter . . .

That seems odd to me, but I'm still getting used to rain in lieu of snow after 20+ years in Spokane, where 5 feet by New Years was not terribly uncommon . . .
    Portland (and the rest of Oregon), for what it's worth, is plenty used to wet stuff falling from the sky. It does that for at least half the year.
    We're just not used to it being, or remaining for any length of time, solid.

This also applies to some extent to most of Western Washington from about the border to the Puget Sound area, and definitely to Olympia.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    MalakaiusMalakaius KalamazooRegistered User regular
    And @Spoit sends me a code for Day One: Gary's Incident, Thanks alot Spoity

PSN: Malakaius- | Steam: Malakaius Switch: SW-4569-5525-1983
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Here's my list, a little late

Bought
    -Bulletstorm
    -Ziggurat
    -Gauntlet
    -Jazzpunk
    -A Bird Story
    -Fract OSC
    -Roundabout

Was Gifted
    -Hammerwatch by @‌Figgy (Thank you!)

Gifted Out
    -Nothing. Which feels kind of lame when I mention it, so here's some giveaways!

signature.png
    signature.png

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Well *I* didn't give her that nickname.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370893141

"Hmm, 'Therese Leroy" doesn't sound 'ethnic' enough, we'll call you 'Congo.'" -- X-COM soldier dickheads.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    Well *I* didn't give her that nickname.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370893141

"Hmm, 'Therese Leroy" doesn't sound 'ethnic' enough, we'll call you 'Congo.'" -- X-COM soldier dickheads.

X-Com's the best of the best special forces, and if I've learned anything from All You Need Is Kill, it's that special forces is full of absolute assholes. They will come up with the most degrading nickname for everyone. You either make it a badge of pride, or you strangle your coworkers in their sleep. Those are your options.

• Options
    Beat A Story About My Uncle.

Platforming and swinging wasn't too hard, honestly - the gameplay was tight. Story was a bit....weird, graphics on the models were lacking, and the voice acting for some of the folks was iffy. Not sure if I'd recommend it because all that, but the gameplay is the most important thing, and that was fine.

Short little thing, you can crank through it in 2 hours or so. Kinda refreshing that every achievement is an actual, well, achievement - playing the game a hard way, or doing it fast or without failing or something like that. You can beat the game with 0 achievements.

This discussion has been closed.