Options

Draft [chat]

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    this one meterologist lady is doing yoga on the deck of the coast guard vessel taking them there. In the middle of the barents sea in winter. Calm seas, for the barents sea, which means that she is getting sprayed with icy water.

She seems like exactly the kind of person who'd go sure I'll stay at a tiny tiny deserted island in the middle of the barents sea for six months with five strangers.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Uh... page 101?

i'm terrified.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    If you have no plans or expectations, I'm making dranks at mine with beast/hakkes, and a few friends, then heading to a local bar for a $50 2 hour open bar. You are welcome to join and pass out

holy shit

the concept of a bar that offers a flat rate for all you can drink, even if it's a thing they only do once a year for new year's...

it is worrying how much this sounds like the most appealing thing in the world to me right now

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    The weather station at Bjørnøya is almost a hundred years old.

Also, related, man I want to go to Svalbard. The edge of the world. Beautiful desolation.

longyearbyen_1.jpg

yes pls

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    If you have no plans or expectations, I'm making dranks at mine with beast/hakkes, and a few friends, then heading to a local bar for a $50 2 hour open bar. You are welcome to join and pass out

I am imagining that here and I shudder to think of the poor souls working that night

We're grown ups. No one is sticking their dick in the mashed potatoes. It'll be fine

• Options
    Uh... page 101?

i'm terrified.

You asked me once, what was on page 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is on page 101 is the worst thing in the world.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Uh... page 101?

i'm terrified.
    in the wild, threads live forever
    the 100 page limit is some kind of logan's run dystopia enforced by the regime
    fight the power

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

I am imagining that here and I shudder to think of the poor souls working that night

We're grown ups. No one is sticking their dick in the mashed potatoes. It'll be fine

I know all to well about grown ups and excessive alcohol.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Logan's Run has some of the worst acting I've seen in a movie.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Logan's Run has some of the worst acting I've seen in a movie.

You're tearing me apart deekay.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

holy shit

the concept of a bar that offers a flat rate for all you can drink, even if it's a thing they only do once a year for new year's...

it is worrying how much this sounds like the most appealing thing in the world to me right now

it's only 2 hours. there's a limit to how many drinks you can drank in 120 minutes.
    If you come to NY, i will work out a similar deal for you, with 4 hours of craft cocktails+ whatever we pre-game.
    BYOB*
    bring your own bucket. pls dont puke on my rug

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Actually a lot of iconic 1970s cinema has especially bad acting. A Clockwork Orange is painful to watch at times.

• Options
    dang they're not meterologists they just get some courses in Tromsø then four days with the crew they're relieving about what they're going to do to man the station 24/7 for half a year

so basically anyone can go do this

hm

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    if you want to see the aurora borealis, that would be a guaranteed way to do that

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

holy shit

it's only 2 hours. there's a limit to how many drinks you can drank in 120 minutes.
    This sounds like a challenge.

• Options
    So close to 20 subscribers...

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    anything amazing pop up on netflix or prime recently?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »

holy shit

It is a challenge.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    there's also the question of how many they will give you in minute 119

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    anything amazing pop up on netflix or prime recently?

marco polo is amazingly terrible

actually that's not true, it's just terrible but not in an enjoyable way

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »

holy shit

It is a challenge.
    First place gets alcohol poisoning
    Runners up get liver failure

• Options
    Omg, i just noticed Mr. Paddon of PortsCenter fame subscribed to my channel.

• Options
    me and my mate have a point that we tend to always reach if we've been having a vorspiel with just us

where we'll be drunk enough to get another round of mugs at two to the bar closing, and we'll have forgotten whose round it is so we'll be there with two mugs and half an hour to drink it and then we go home and break out a bottle of something we definitely don't need at that point

and then the next morning is kinda rough

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Picture+327.jpg

this dude lives at Bear Island permanently.

Unsurprisingly, his job is chasing away bears.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Actually a lot of iconic 1970s cinema has especially bad acting. A Clockwork Orange is painful to watch at times.

I dunno that type of acting is like a Kubrick staple. I feel like it's intentional

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    norwegian alcohol serving laws says that it is 1. illegal to serve an obviously intoxicated person 2. illegal to have obviously intoxicated persons in your establishment 3. illegal to serve somebody an amount of alcohol that one should reasonably assume would lead to them becoming obviously intoxicated

any kind of trickery by guests is irrelevant, the establishment, if caught, will most likely lose their license for a short (but painful) period

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    A coworker brought in some kind of indian dessert made from milk and cashews. It was covered in bright, shiny silver food dye. It smelled like bacon and tasted like really bad cheese covered in sugar.

It should be a crime to bring things like this in to work and offer them to unsuspecting people.

• Options
    aww, the relieved crew are all tearing up when they're saying goodbye to the dogs

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    In case anyone wasn't sure, it's some bourbonog for a party I'm going to tomorrow.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    if i have kids i plan on tricking them into drinking buttermilk

• Options
    actually, it doesn't have to be my kids

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Uh... page 101?

i'm terrified.

You asked me once, what was on page 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is on page 101 is the worst thing in the world.

imagine a Robot Santa banning a forumer, forever

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    In case anyone wasn't sure, it's some bourbonog for a party I'm going to tomorrow.

if no-one ends up chugging the jug, with proper redneck form, I will consider the party a failure

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    norwegian alcohol serving laws says that it is 1. illegal to serve an obviously intoxicated person 2. illegal to have obviously intoxicated persons in your establishment 3. illegal to serve somebody an amount of alcohol that one should reasonably assume would lead to them becoming obviously intoxicated

any kind of trickery by guests is irrelevant, the establishment, if caught, will most likely lose their license for a short (but painful) period

lol

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

I dunno that type of acting is like a Kubrick staple. I feel like it's intentional

I'm sure it is. It phases out in his later work though. You can see a bit of it in The Shining and only a hint of it in Full Metal Jacket.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

we technically have those laws here but i guess we like being drunk too much to enforce them

one of those kinds of things that would be dragged out to peg a problem establishment

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    jakobagger wrote: »

lol

the amount of people who gets served until they die has dropped to zero, to be fair

we're also on the hook for not making sure people are okay after leaving. Somebody passes out and freezes to death it's on the people who served him.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Hi bye

This discussion has been closed.