As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Metal Gear] Solid V comes out September 1st

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    maxresdefault.jpg

excruciatingly canon

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Once I get to peace Walker the stream will basically be a lets play since I'm gonna play every mission and watch he cutscenes

what about all those tapes??

(some of them are pretty amusing at least)

also poor mgs4, no votes. i was really close to voting for it just because as far as entertaining gameplay it's the best one i've played, but it's such nonsense on a story level that 3 is a way better game overall.

i bought ground zeroes for pc. looking forward to playing it if what people say about the gameplay is true.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Also fuuuuuuck all the outer heaven fake outs

Army's heaven
    Militaire sans frontieres
    Diamond dogs

Just fucking make it all outer heaven! Why are you making this so complicated!!!!

is "why are you making this so complicated" a real question that you wish to level at hideo kojima

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    y6ERB2A.png

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Poll has a dire lack of Twin Snakes

xet8c.gif

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2014
    Smash Bros. Brawl should be on the poll

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Portable Ops (hahaha yeah right)
    my real answer to the poll is "whichever one doesn't have a bullshit unfun penultimate boss fight"

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 2 (The Correct Answer)
    Kilroy wrote: »
    my real answer to the poll is "whichever one doesn't have a bullshit unfun penultimate boss fight"

wait which ones do have bullshit unfun penultimate boss fights

the penultimate boss fight is usually against metal gear

REX, the RAY fight, the Shagohod, and Vamp are all fun fights

if anything the final boss fights are the bullshit ones

fuck liquid

and the final fight of 4 is awesome but it's also super fucking hard on high difficulties

• Options
    the rex fight sucks

run back and forth forever and hope that your missiles don't arbitrarily miss is not my idea of a fun time

• Options
    the only other metal gear I've played is revengeance, and I hated jetstream sam so much that it almost retroactively destroyed my good will for the whole game

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    My favorite Metal Gear is GENEMEMESCENESENSEPEACEREVENGERACE

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the only other metal gear I've played is revengeance, and I hated jetstream sam so much that it almost retroactively destroyed my good will for the whole game

kilroy all this time i never knew you had bad opinions

• Options
    I think the idea behind the sam fight is incredible, but the execution was unbearably frustrating to me

• Options
    honestly, that pretty well describes my relationship with metal gear as a whole

it's why I prefer to experience mg by watching your videos or reading the hiimdaisy comics instead of playing it myself

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Wait which Sam fight?

They're both pretty basic 1v1 duels, so there's not much to execute. You cut him up and prevent him from cutting you up

EDIT: unless you're talking about his DLC, which yeah can be pretty hard if you're playing him like Raiden. Apparently you can combat roll! Which I didn't know the first time playing through

Javen on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    I heard people were talking about Everybody Loves Raymond in here?

Remember that episode where Frank says something mean to Marie and Robert voices his resentment of Ray? That one was my favourite.

• Options
    I mean the one in the desert where he parries all my attacks and I can't parry his

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    I mean the one in the desert where he parries all my attacks and I can't parry his

I don't remember that episode.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Putting Revengeance on the poll isn't fair to the other Metal Gear games. They're good stealth games married to bizarre stories and lots of parts I find dumb, whereas Revengeance is a superlative action game married to THIS motherfucker:

iToOJtr.jpg

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Just finished the main story of Ground Zeroes

That sure was a poopy ending but my god, the actual game part of it is phenomenal. Definitely gonna go back to the side ops.

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    I think the idea behind the sam fight is incredible, but the execution was unbearably frustrating to me

this is how i feel about the armstrong fight. it's hilarious in concept and is sufficiently ridiculous, but damn if it isn't frustrating as hell. mainly when he tosses the debris at you and if you miss the slices it's a whole health bar lost. it's not super intuitive that you can just run away either. like when it puts you into that blade mode obviously your first thought is to slice stuff, but doing it with such precision and in such a small amount of time feels almost impossible.

and i liked sam as a fight. i didn't really feel like his mechanics were bullshit or unavoidable.

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Is this an anime?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    Is this an anime?

and how

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    Is this an anime?

Otacon...

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    I can't think of a boss fight in recent times I've hated more than the Giant Enemy Crab Gear and Armstrong fights in Revengeance

They should've put the Sam fight at the end

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid
    every single part of revengeance is incredible except for all those annoying parts where it gives you control over raiden

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    every single part of revengeance is incredible except for all those annoying parts where it gives you control over raiden

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Scanlon 2 will conclude next week.

Sadly it won't be live, but it's a nice Christmas present nonetheless.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    g2T6ny1.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Revengeance wins my vote because "It Has To Be This Way" gives me the biggest boner

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    one of my lifegoals is to walk into a karaoke bar and find that against all odds and expectations they have Snake Eater in the books

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    MGS3 is the only one I've actually completely played through

I kinda wanna go back and play them all, but for now, I just have to live through metal gear scanlon

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular

fuck liquid

and the final fight of 4 is awesome but it's also super fucking hard on high difficulties

Wait, when was Vamp a penultimate fight? Don't you mean Screaming Mantis?

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    The age of heroes is over, buried alongside The Boss and her bankrupt beliefs.

A deterrent for hire, an army without borders - from now on, our only heroes will be machines.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    More like metal not actually good games solid

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    This is not FPS. This is MGS.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »

fuck liquid

Wait, when was Vamp a penultimate fight? Don't you mean Screaming Mantis?

ohhhhhh yeah you're right i forgot about her

• Options
    edited December 2014
    anyway i got my shit pushed in in the smash bros. tourney and i've just sort of generally had a bad day so GET THE FUCK READY THE PAIN BECAUSE I'M ABOUT TO DROP A GOD DAMN FREIGHT TRAIN ON YOU

31zP7YV.png

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
    Everyone in this thread is dead to me.

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Battle of Ideologies

Battle of Instincts

Battle of Reptiles