As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Metal Gear] Solid V comes out September 1st

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    I told you dawg, 10th anniversary of The Shadow Moses Incident

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh dang 20th anniversary of Intrude N313

it all adds up

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    oh dang 20th anniversary of Intrude N313

it all adds up

The first recorded field deployment of the TX-11 "Bloody Brad"?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Mr. G wrote: »

That is a lot earlier than I was expecting if true!

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    oy speed you should stream zone of the enders sometime

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 2 (The Correct Answer)
    can't play super long tonight since i gotta be up in the morning but maybe i can make it to the end!

31zP7YV.png

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    If anyone streams ZOE, it's gonna be me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I did make it to the end!

after spending entirely too long figuring out how to get to the other side of the area with the cabin before realizing that that area is an optional place and also a dead end

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Oh ooooh. The End the boss. Not The End of the game.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    there wasn't a "metal gear is dumb and speed racer is history's greatest monster" option so I just went with nanomachines, son

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    If anyone streams ZOE, it's gonna be me.

prove it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Joke option Larlar.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    so who's gonna stream Fist of Mars?

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Yeah, sure, I could do that.

I'd probably need to use an emulator, though, wouldn't I? I...can't really think of a way to output my GBA copy to a computer without some sort of press kit (which I obviously wouldn't have access to).

And I don't think it's on any of the eShops, is it?

EDIT: Yep, Wikipedia only mentions a GBA release.

EDIT2: So some people DO sell a cable that can output the GBA's video to a USB cable, but you'd have to use a flash cart and download a ROM anyway. So at that point you might as well save yourself $70 and use an emulator.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    As for streaming ZOE2, though, I'll see if I can find time to do it in early January? So right before I start classes and my schedule gets more hectic.

Of course I will also need to plan ahead with Speed so his MGS3 stream doesn't cannibalize all my viewers.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    Playing Ground Zeroes for the first time. I mostly managed to avoid some spoilers, but even knowing what was coming watching the end and
    Seeing Mother Base and all the rad soldiers I recruited in Peace Walker get gunned down
    ?

Man, BB, I'm with you, time to be Outering that Heaven.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Playing Ground Zeroes for the first time. I mostly managed to avoid some spoilers, but even knowing what was coming watching the end and
    Seeing Mother Base and all the rad soldiers I recruited in Peace Walker get gunned down
    ?

Man, BB, I'm with you, time to be Outering that Heaven.

I regret not playing Peace Walker before GZ and not getting to experience the full impact of that gut punch.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    ALLIGATOR WAS A GOOD MAN ;_;

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    ALLIGATOR WAS A GOOD MAN ;_;

What a rotten way to die.

• Options
    At least Kojima made it out okay

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    At least Kojima made it out okay

Kojima is god, after all.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Well I was all set up to start Portable Ops in my Telling my Brother about Metal Gear odyssey, but I looked for half an hour and couldn't find the game anywhere. I'd take that as fair enough warning to skip it, but it's 8 bucks on PSN ssssooooooo

also I just discovered my PSP now has ugly splotches of messed up colors on the screen with a pristine circle in the middle right over where UMDs would spin which makes me think battery radiation messed up the screen or something weird like that. Except the battery is only on one side of the thing so I dunno.

sig.gif
  • Options
    When I beat mgs3 on euro extreme 2 years ago I forgot to remove the tracking device and I had to deal with the ocelots

Kinda

Kinda tempted to do that again

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    When I beat mgs3 on euro extreme 2 years ago I forgot to remove the tracking device and I had to deal with the ocelots

Kinda

Kinda tempted to do that again

NO.

sig.gif
  • Options
    YOU'RE NOT MY DAD

• Options
    Peace Walker
    Man, the Kojima is god scene has a completely different feel in japanese and english:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThutNUSMDfY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHspMsgpji8

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular

8->

I'm pretty sure that was the game that jump-started my now decade-long (argh?) love affair with tactics rpgs

somebody please do this and do the 'bad' ending route which I never saw as a kid

• Options
    I think I can beat mgs3 before the new year

• Options
    Peace Walker

I'm shooting to 100% GZ before new years.

Maybe finish MG1/MG2 too. Not sure how long they take.

I want to see if I can get that and PW 100% before Phantom Pain. Maybe replay the whole series too? Doubt I have time for all that though.

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 3

Not if you don't remove the tracker.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SimBen wrote: »

Not if you don't remove the tracker.

I already half remember how to get past them

You knock on a tree to distract the first one, run up into th stream and use the death pill and wait for the guy to walk over you, rub down and to the right and draw the attention of the two dudes and then run left and dive behind the waterfall

• Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Metal Gear Solid
    I own, and have completed several times, the twin snakes. I daresay I even enjoy it. How awful does that make me.

I played through mgs2 once via Xbox. It seemed more entertaining as a thought experiment than an actual game.

I have mgs3 on my 3ds and have barely touched it. I would like to rectify that but have yet to find the motivation to play.

I have not bothered with any other metal gears. Because I've never owned a playstation my experience with the series is erratic to say the least.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    Twin snakes is a totally acceptablw version of mgs1

There's reasons to prefer the original but there's also reasons to prefer tts

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    I had to sell my copy of twin snakes to make rent earlier this year and it made me very sad

• Options
    One thing I really dislike about mgs3's foxhound rank is there's no way to track your stats

So for all I know I accidentally hit continue at some point without realizing it

• Options
    Peace Walker
    S ranking Jamais Vu is giving me a little grief, but i think I can get it in my next couple tries. I have the first part 100% on lockdown. It's not getting seen in the second part that is giving me some trouble.

• Options
    I had a dream last night about fightong the end

He had me in his sights so I warped into the dark world zelda style and positioned myself so that when I warped back into the light world is be behind him

• Options
    I don't think that strategy's gonna work though

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I don't think that strategy's gonna work though

Sounds like quitter talk to me.

This discussion has been closed.