As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Metal Gear] Solid V comes out September 1st

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    Revengeance brought me to tears laughing first playthrough so this was easy

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    so i voted and then i remembered the phrase NANOMACHINES SON and realized that i voted wrong

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    S ranking Jamais Vu is giving me a little grief, but i think I can get it in my next couple tries. I have the first part 100% on lockdown. It's not getting seen in the second part that is giving me some trouble.

There's a building off on it's own at one end of the heliport, near the flag you use to find where Paz is. If you get up on that roof with a good rifle and a rocket launcher, you can take out all the Snatchers without being seen pretty easily. It's also a good idea to throw some c4 on the AA guns before shit jumps off. Worked for me anyways.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 2 (The Correct Answer)
    it occurs to me that of all the mgs bosses, The End most closely resembles Santa

so let's make a christmas miracle happen

and kill santa

31zP7YV.png

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the end is surprisingly easy once you understand you can just stock up on food and bum rush him and eat your food to negate the damage he's dealing

• Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
    Hey...

Where's Snakes Revenge?!?!?!?!

darren66 on
    Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    MGS2 will always be my favorite, but I finally got around to playing Peace Walker this week and holy shit I love it. Maybe I just love me some dumb-as-hell guard AI.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I am currently going for the Platinum in MGS2, inspired by Metal Gear Scanlon 2

My current task is getting all the dog tags on every difficulty

I have already gotten all the dog tags on Very Easy for both the Tanker and Plant, and all the Easy tags for the Tanker, next up is Easy Plant

I love this game

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    so i voted and then i remembered the phrase NANOMACHINES SON and realized that i voted wrong

In 3, the main bad guy figures out who you are by grabbing your dick

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    alright i'm back and ready to climb a mountain!

31zP7YV.png

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    So has there been anything more substantial regarding the alleged Feb release date?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So has there been anything more substantial regarding the alleged Feb release date?

It's been pulled

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    twitch doesn't wanna load for me, has speed become an accidental cannibal yet?

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Portable Ops (hahaha yeah right)
    twitch doesn't wanna load for me, has speed become an accidental cannibal yet?

he did it 4 me

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

You're going the wrong way!

Unless... they're going into Germany on purpose. To meet up with Cobra unit and kill. Adolf. Hitler.

It all makes sense now.

• Options
    fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck the fury

• Options
    His flamethrower's range and speed is just unreasonable

If you're in a corridor and can't escape it, you can't out run the fire no matter what you do

Beating him requires wither dumb luck or manipulating his AI with an a sirs level of precision

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Oh man, MGS3 is not an easy game to play for the first time these days. Gonna take some time getting a hang of these systems.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid
    gG3pNZW.png
    Far_Cry_4_box_art.jpg
    !

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The first MGS game I played was MGS2 like a year ago

I remember exploding a helicopter with a rocket launcher, then walking three feet, slipping on bird shit, and dying

And I was like, "This is what people are so obsessed with?"

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

I remember exploding a helicopter with a rocket launcher, then walking three feet, slipping on bird shit, and dying

Yeah actually

This specific image, this moment in time, triumph brought to ruin by bird shit, is emblematic of people's love for MGS2

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    how in god's name do I beat the rescue Kojima side op without killing anyone

even assuming I can hit everyone with the piddly little stun gun, there is an armored apc and helicopter in this mission!

I don't think CQC works on those!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Peace Walker
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    how in god's name do I beat the rescue Kojima side op without killing anyone

even assuming I can hit everyone with the piddly little stun gun, there is an armored apc and helicopter in this mission!

I don't think CQC works on those!

The helictoper you just have to shoot the people that try to use the side guns on it until it runs out of people and I think you can shoot the APC drover through the window. It is doable! Good luck!

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Got a PS3! Thinking about picking up MGS1 on PSN, but a little concerned it's so clunky it turns me off from the series entirely. MGS3 sound the most approachable and complete, but that'd make it hard to go back to 1 and 2 if I end up liking it.

#FirstWorldProblems

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Peace Walker
    I would muscle through 1 if at all possible.

Release order is really the way to do it with how the games build up and play off one another.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Got a PS3! Thinking about picking up MGS1 on PSN, but a little concerned it's so clunky it turns me off from the series entirely. MGS3 sound the most approachable and complete, but that'd make it hard to go back to 1 and 2 if I end up liking it.

#FirstWorldProblems

They don't really get easier to play until 4, IMO. 3 even takes a few systems away from you and might be a little MORE awkward to play. CQC is tricky as hell to get a grip on.

sig.gif
  • Options
    1 has the least cumbersome controls out of the first 3, if you don't like 1 you're not gonna have a fun time with the others

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    3 is very jarring because they take the radar from you. There are other ways of detecting, but not having it from the first 2 games makes the start kinda rough

• Options
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    And the sonar and motion detector they do give you are kind of a joke and no help at all.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Peace Walker
    On the other hand they give you an insanely strong tool in 3 in the form of sprinting CQC take downs.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I almost exclusively used the sonar, the motion detector was trash though I guess there could be some ways it would be useful

• Options
    edited December 2014
    On the other hand they give you an insanely strong tool in 3 in the form of sprinting CQC take downs.

Yeah once you get a handle on the new systems they more than make up for the lack of radar

To the point where I'm willing to call mgs3 the easiest one

Other than the FUCKING FURY GOD DAMMIT

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 3

And also, from Subsistence onwards, camera control, which does so much to improve your spatial awareness it very nearly makes up for the lack of radar.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Peace Walker

Yeah once you get a handle on the new systems they more than make up for the lack of radar

Other than the FUCKING FURY

Hm, I might call Peace Walker the easiest.

But maybe it's also just the metal gear I have played last and I have played a lot of MGS at this point? But you get a stealth suit so you make no noise and have super strong CQC and pretty dumb AI guards in Peace Walker.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 3

But maybe it's also just the metal gear I have played last and I have played a lot of MGS at this point? But you get a stealth suit so you make no noise and have super strong CQC and pretty dumb AI guards in Peace Walker.

But then there's the boss fights which are the biggest pains in the ass of the entire franchise

Every single one of them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Oh yeah I wasn't thinking of peace Walker, just 1-4

Pw might be easier

• Options

Absolutely yes

If any other developer had made this, the bird shit would have just been there for show, and would do nothing as you ran over it

You ran over it, by the way

If you walk over it, you won't slip

• Options
    Peace Walker
    Mr. G wrote: »

But then there's the boss fights which are the biggest pains in the ass of the entire franchise

Every single one of them

If you keep your tech up the boss fights are actually pretty easy, or, at least I found them to be. The strategies aren't necessarily intuitive for some of them though (smoke grenades plus night vision with CQC makes a joke out of the helicopter fights). Of course I also co-oped every mission when I could because I thought it was such a neat mechanic.

• Options
    My goal for 2015 before The Phantom Pain hits is to finally get over my hatred for the behind-the-back camera of Subsistence/4/Ground Zeroes

Especially because I still need to play Ground Zeroes

This discussion has been closed.