As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Space Ghost Coast to Coast (Space Phalla Graveyard Chat)

• Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Seriously, wtf is going on in here. Enough crap has already happened to start a 200 page clusterfuck debate on the meta-game, lets not abuse the dead thread by ever posting a living bad guys' or living network piece's name. Its stupid, real stupid.
    I'm already beating myself for it.

Sorry XILX(?)

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Wow, based on his current posts, I am very glad I've been referring to FWD as a jerk in this game for the last couple of days. Almost vindicated.

Squashua on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    @ Aliens - Oh snap!

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    EVer since we stopped PM'ing and FWD had gone sour towards me, I had him on my alien list, but the cultist was a higher priority. Glad to see the villagers taking action.

Squashua on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    Can one of the aliens PM their password and username for the special forums they have been using, and the link as well please.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    Can one of the aliens PM their password and username for the special forums they have been using, and the link as well please.

Sent'd, but I forgot the link so expect another. Sorry.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, how are things in dead folk land?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    'Sup Funkie

Welcome to dead folk land

Your PM to me was kinda suspicious, and got you killed off, I'm pretty sure.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Dammit, why can't you guys be on when I want to chat? I guess I'll just talk to myself about alien strategy, since there aren't any aliens left to be hurt by it.

First of all, TehSpectre was the one who picked both Infidel and MrBlarney. Don't ask me how he knew, I have no idea.

Ever since he died I've been calling the shots. The one exception was the night we killed Squashua; I wanted to kill Drez instead of jdarksun, but Voranth thought it was too early to kill Drez and I didn't want to totally cut him out of the decision making process, so we did it his way.

A few nights ago I assembled a list of potential cultists, and for the past few nights I've been balancing my kills between that list and cleaning up the remainder of the network so I could survive the last day of the game. After last night there were only two names on my list. I had slated them both to be killed tonight, but things didn't turn out so well.

I wasn't lying about sharing my information with the cultist. If he actually had PMed me, I would have given him my notes. Of course, based on our relative performances I'm not sure I would have bothered if I were him.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Fuuuuuuck

That was the express opposite of my intent.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Digger Dude was behind my death, correct?

Damn, foiled again. It was FWD.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Digger Dude was behind my death, correct?

Incorrect, as you know if you read that PM I sent you.
    It was me.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hey FWD.
    I'll be back. I gotta take a piss first.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    OOH! OOH! WHO KILLED ME?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I would just like to point out that I called for Dark Primus' death as well.

Out of the 5 people that got killed because I brought them up, 3 were specials. Hoo-yah.

Also, I am gonna laugh my ass of when I was right about the cultist as well.

Edit: That would be moi Fishy.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I would just like to point out that I called for Dark Primus' death as well.

Out of the 5 people that got killed because I brought them up, 3 were specials. Hoo-yah.

Also, I am gonna laugh my ass of when I was right about the cultist as well.
    Why did you guys kill me?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Senor Fish wrote: »
    OOH! OOH! WHO KILLED ME?

I think it was TehSpectre; I'm reviewing my notes now.

thorgot, it was actually a joint decision between me and Gnasty that killed you. Munkus wanted to go for Buzz Buzz right away, and I almost gave in but Gnasty insisted on you.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    OOH! OOH! WHO KILLED ME?

thorgot, it was actually a joint decision between me and Gnasty that killed you. Munkus wanted to go for Buzz Buzz right away, and I almost gave in but Gnasty insisted on you.
    Awesome!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aliens:

Why did you leave Buzz, Saburbia, and Squashua alive so long anyways?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Aliens:

I know!
    To fuck with us!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    OOH! OOH! WHO KILLED ME?

Awesome!
    You are normally very talky and whatnot while you are in a game, and in this one you were pretty quiet.

I killed Blarney because he has been very useful as a list-keeper in other games. Also, in said games he seemed to update his list much more than he did in this game. To me, that meant he was keeping busy seering people and running the network, so he didn't have as much time to do the whole "update my list every so many pages" thing.

Dark Primus is a good player. Dark Primus seemed to have an air of network on him. I could smell said air. :P

Infidel, the marine, saw fit on day one to PM me. He never said he was the marine or anything special, he just wanted someone to talk about suspects and whatnot. I was nervous that I would say something alien-ish or have him become part of a network and tell them to seer me, because I was a good guy who could help out with the network. So I wanted him dead. I tried to get him killed on day one, but my alien brethren hadn't found out my awesome special-killing ability yet, so he wasn't chosen for death until day 2, which worked out better anyway.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Buzz Buzz: As Senor Fish said. We didn't think he was a threat.

Saburbia: We only let him live for one night, you know. And we did get the marine that night. I think we (and by that I mean TehSpectre) made the right choice.

Squashua: I was trying to balance kills between my list of cultists and the network. He had to wait his turn.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So how many aliens actually thought I was the cultist?

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    For the record, I think the turning point was TehSpectre's death. He was fucking brilliant at target selection, and he was totally invisible to the refugees so far as I could tell. I mean, picking Toronto for his hometown? An amazing move.

I feel like I did well with what I had to work with, which was frankly not much, but if he had been alive I have no doubt that we would have made it to the last day at least.

EDIT: None of us did, Cantide. Sorry to spoil your fun.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I think I know who the cultist is.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aliens:

I know!
    To fuck with us!
    Pretty much. We figured that Sab was a shoe-in for death and didn't have to kill him right away, since we knew he was a good guy. We were more interested in finding the cultist.

Buzz was just to fuck with. It was fun.

Squash was airing all kinds of suspicions against some of us and I didn't want that to come back to us. I still think it was strange that he ended up pointing each of us out at one time or another.

This brings me to another thing: Squash, did you read our message board before I got the register-to-view thing in place?

I hope you wouldn't go so low. At this point in time, I don't care anymore....but SOMEONE was on our messageboard before we got the registration thing in place. Squash just seemed to know who we all were. =/

Edit: TO clairfy, we had 7 people online as our top amount of people on at one time....and there were 6 aliens.

Edit x2: Also, I will be happy to open up our messageboard for some post-game viewing once the cultist wins or is killed.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    This brings me to another thing: Squash, did you read our message board before I got the register-to-view thing in place?

I hope you wouldn't go so low. At this point in time, I don't care anymore....but SOMEONE was on our messageboard before we got the registration thing in place. Squash just seemed to know who we all were. =/

I kept seeing "guests" in the Who's Online list. I was praying they were random Internet ghosts. Honestly, I don't see what else it could have been; how could they have found it? I Googled every likely combination I could think of, including the actual name of the messageboard, and never hit it.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aliens:

I know!
    To fuck with us!
    Pretty much. We figured that Sab was a shoe-in for death and didn't have to kill him right away, since we knew he was a good guy. We were more interested in finding the cultist.

Squash was airing all kinds of suspicions against some of us and I didn't want that to come back to us. I still think it was strange that he ended up pointing each of us out at one time or another.

Edit: TO clairfy, we had 7 people online as our top amount of people on at one time....and there were 6 aliens.

Actually, the thing that got a lot of us suspicious was the trail you guys left to eachother. Naming another alien in your last words, when claiming to be innocent? Not a good move. I was argueing for Voranth's execution before we went for Cantide.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aliens:

I know!
    To fuck with us!

Actually, the thing that got a lot of us suspicious was the trail you guys left to eachother. Naming another alien in your last words, when claiming to be innocent? Not a good move. I was argueing for Voranth's execution before we went for Cantide.
    Voranth was never called out by Squash. I figure this to be because I hid the boards before he registered. Everyone else had registered at that point.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Aliens:

I know!
    To fuck with us!

Yeah, that was really fucking dumb. I wanted to slap him.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sometimes, especially with lower-quality message boards (which I assume you were using), people are counted twice when they open multiple windows or some such nonsense.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I just Googled the name of the alien messageboard with the site: <domain> option and still didn't hit it. I don't think he saw it.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

I kept seeing "guests" in the Who's Online list. I was praying they were random Internet ghosts. Honestly, I don't see what else it could have been; how could they have found it? I Googled every likely combination I could think of, including the actual name of the messageboard, and never hit it.
    They were guests before I set up the registration thing. You couldn't google our boards after I hid it and removed the google-search option. I did this maybe an hour or two after I made the board. I wasn't aware of how to admin one of those things when I made it.

Edited for Funky's question.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    EDIT: None of us did, Cantide. Sorry to spoil your fun.

Aww.

Although, I think that was the first time in any Phalla game that I've been hit by the bandwagon, save for the random "we need someone to kill" bandwagon on day 2 of the Death Note game. It's fun being accused.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

They were guests before I set up the registration thing. You couldn't google our boards after I hid it and removed the google-search option. I did this maybe an hour or two after I made the board. I wasn't aware of how to admin one of those things when I made it.

Oh, that could explain it then. I have no freaking clue how he could have fingered you without that knowledge. Maybe he did look.

EDIT: I saw the guests for the first several days. Any idea what that could have been about?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah

Squashua really had it in for you. Really wanted you dead and all. The choice for the tazer was between you and Johannen, who others were arguing for.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yeah

Squashua really had it in for you. Really wanted you dead and all. The choice for the tazer was between you and Johannen, who others were arguing for.

You are talking about TehSpectre? That's total bullshit.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I still can't believe I got randomed.

Arghghgheahgh.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    No, Cantide