As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Space Ghost Coast to Coast (Space Phalla Graveyard Chat)

• Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Night deadies.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I still can't believe I got randomed.

Arghghgheahgh.

Holy shit. I just looked at the RNG sheet Rygar posted earlier for the bomb that killed Voranth, and my number came up right after Frosteey's. I would have been pissed.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Seriously, so why did you guys pick me to die?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

TehSpectre used his magic nose and sniffed out your network connections.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I want to know how the aliens got the Marine and the Beurocrat so fast. Was it luck?

Plutonium on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Seriously, I put it in my earlier post. I had a hunch you were a special. I was on a roll with other specials, so you got a unanimous vote do to my reasoning which was: "Guys, I think we should kill Dark Primus and so-n-so. I just have a hunch."

Boom, family member dead. I rock.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    TS, I am going to shit myself if your guess about the Cultist is right as well.
    Also, I will kill you first in every future game I play where I'm not sure we're on the same team, just to be safe.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    I want to know how the aliens got the Marine and the Beurocrat so fast. Was it luck?
    Did you guys really miss my other post?

Infidel PM'd me day one and it made me uneasy talking to him so I wanted him dead.

MrBlarney usually posts way more list updates than he did in this game. I took this as him dealing with a network and not having enough time to do as many updates. DEAD.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, looking back it seems like I fucking failed.

I should have defended myself way better then I did. It unnerved me how spot on that post was about me trying to look helpful while actually being not. Though I still find it funny that you guys thought we were trying to break you spirit.

Digger Dude on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    TS, I am going to shit myself if your guess about the Cultist is right as well.
    Also, I will kill you first in every future game I play where I'm not sure we're on the same team, just to be safe.
    It's cool Funky, I have only killed ONE badguy to date. I normally smell out the specials on the good guy team. xD

Edit: I support the seering of me before I am bandwagoned though. :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

It was all TehSpectre. He picked Infidel because Infidel PMed him and he was a little worried. After that, we just killed whoever he said without questioning it, and that's how we got MrB and DP. I really wish I'd killed the person he suspected of being the cultist, but that person wasn't on my list so I put it off.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

It was all TehSpectre. He picked Infidel because Infidel PMed him and he was a little worried. After that, we just killed whoever he said without questioning it, and that's how we got MrB and DP. I really wish I'd killed the person he suspected of being the cultist, but that person wasn't on my list so I put it off.
    Dude, that person is still alive too.

I am gonna laugh so hard.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007

That person dead, or still alive?

Edit: whoops, ninja'd

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    No one picked up on my city hint in my title, sadly.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Your title or location?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Your title or location?

I never change my location.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Your title or location?

What was the title-hint? o.O

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I should have defended myself way better then I did. It unnerved me how spot on that post was about me trying to look helpful while actually being not. Though I still find it funny that you guys thought we were trying to break you spirit.

I have amazing bad guy finding powers. Hell I found ElJeffe night 1 in Soviet phalla, there is just a common bad guy strategy that sets off my intuition something fierce.

Oh and you should try and break peoples spirit. It's part of what helped us win Soviet Phalla. I don't think you had much in the way of chances to do so, what with the RNG rape, but it's always good if you can get into a battle of apathy.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Your title or location?

What was the title-hint? o.O

It was and still is Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Which is in Cleveland.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Apparently, I still could be right about who I thought was the Cultist.

Oh man.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Which cities did you aliens pick to be from?
    I wanna see how terribly off base we were with trying to use that against you.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    I gambled on a big city: Toronto. Though, apparently I was suspicious because I added the Toronto, Canada on there. Meh, I was just trying to help.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I said Fairfax. I announced it immediately when mtvcdm shared his plan, to make it look like I was eager to go along and smoke out those dirty alien bastards. For the most part, I think it worked fairly well.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2007
    Spectre, PM me who you think the cultist is.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    telcus wrote: »

Alien Cities:

Digger Dude - South Tarawa
    FunkywaltDogg - Fairfax
    Munkus Beaver - Jasper
    Voranth - Juneau
    Tehspectre - Toronto
    Gnasty - Don't remember/think he chose one

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Omg, I was right about another family member, but changed my vote to kill someone else due to lack of evidence. Ahahaha.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, I keep forgetting about this thread.

So TehSpectre got me, huh? Nice work. I thought I was posting relatively in line with my normal habits - in the first few days of the game, I usually only make a few posts outside of updating my spreadsheet and counting votes. Not until the late game do I try and post more, and even then I don't post much. I remember that in Soviet Phalla that you suspected me because my patterns between that game and my first game, Phalliad, were pretty much the same. I guess you were pretty perceptive to think that I was hiding something in Voyage to Phalla, when I thought I was within the parameters of my usual habits. Again, well done.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm curious Funkywaltdogg, what caused you to kill me?

Also, I will be laughing so hard if Drez turns out to be the cultist. Cause that will mean that the only people to ever actually accuse me were badguys, and the village ignored me completely.

Last Son on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Squash was airing all kinds of suspicions against some of us and I didn't want that to come back to us. I still think it was strange that he ended up pointing each of us out at one time or another.

This brings me to another thing: Squash, did you read our message board before I got the register-to-view thing in place?

I didn't even know you guys HAD a message board till Rygar asked about it last page.
    I wouldn't know the url.
    Where was your message board? HERE?

Heck, I only realized to turn "self-invisibility" on by day 3.

Gnasty was seer'd. Or, at least, that's what I got b/c I joined the network AFTER Gnasty was fingered. Point and done.

TehSpectre - when you PM'd your city to Buzz Buzz, you were the ONLY ONE to state it as "City, Country" besides Commander Wiggin; NO ONE received a country in their PMs. No one, not ONE person added a country; everyone who did was all "Sydney, and I guess that's in Australia". Plus, you weren't in the "list of players who made their city public to mtvcdm at the start of the game" which added double suspicion.

Digger Dude - He picked fucking SOUTH TARAWA. Everyone else had a fairly major location that people KNEW (except CW). Plus, others had voiced their suspicions of him at that point, so I listed him.

Munkus Beaver - Same reason; Jasper. Munkus, Teh and DiggerDude all fell in my "should kill b/c they have the worst cities" list. When I posted my list, I had analyzed the cities and the exact wording of all the PMs that Buzz Buzz had received. And I posted it right before I thought I was going to get killed. And right after BB had received 99% of the PMs. I was waiting on LCE and Malkor and 1 other, but I had to get it out there. I was a part of the network from pretty much Day 2.

edit Plus, and this goes with my "I trust no one unless it's proven" (I trusted the networkers) thing, when we had our little PM-back-and-forth, I held out telling you WHY I suspected you until all city PMs were received, in the event that one of the final three hold-outs would also make the same mistake you did.

Voranth - He had Juneau. I didn't think he was an alien b/c if he was an alien, he'd have picked Nome. To me, even though it's Alaska, Juneau is the CAPITAL of Alaska, which is risky. I had him OFF my list at the start, but another networker said Juneau was suspicious, so I listed him.

Cantide - Buzz Buzz is the one who made the "South America / Cultist" connection. I simply ran with it / took it to heart. Basically, that choice was based on the Wikipedia entry for Ezekiel Rage and the whole "Washington/Blarney" "Greensboro/Wiggin" "Jerusalem/DA", "Religious Location/Devout Character" thing.

FWD - I picked FWD because he was nice to me at the start (and he knows it via the PMs) and then 180'd on me for no apparent reason, even when I went back and changed my incorrect postage of info on him. One of the other networkers was highly suspicious of him. I did hold for a while that FWD wasn't a high suspicion target.

- - -

One person was mentally scratched off the list (but not invited to the network) b/c he pm'd "City of Origin: Name of City", which is the exact wording Rygar used in the PMs. I would say for future Phallas that if you PM distinct information in the same format to multiple players, that you do not leave any static information (ie: "City of Origin:") on that same line. Someone should put that advice in the "Help Run a Phalla" thread.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Cantide - Buzz Buzz is the one who made the "South America / Cultist" connection. I simply ran with it / took it to heart. Basically, that choice was based on the Wikipedia entry for Ezekiel Rage and the whole "Washington/Blarney" "Greensboro/Wiggin" "Jerusalem/DA", "Religious Location/Devout Character" thing.

Huh? I'm missing how my city was weird. I realized I paraded that around but I told Buzz why I was doing that.

Wow. That edit makes it more understandable now. Heh.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Huh? I'm missing how my city was weird. I realized I paraded that around but I told Buzz why I was doing that.

Because, and I swear I read this somewhere, you said you were actually FROM Jerusalem and it was always in your Location and that Rygar just happened just pick your location as your character's location. I know I read that somewhere.

Also, the religious person is from Tel'Aviv.
    You being Jerusalem would have been really risky and coincidental if you were an alien.
    Hence, we figured you were not an alien.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Because, and I swear I read this somewhere, you said you were actually FROM Jerusalem and it was always in your Location and that Rygar just happened just pick your location as your character's location. I know I read that somewhere.

It must have been somebody else that said that, I've never been out of the western hemisphere. I changed it (from "Posterity") right after Mtvcmd came up with the location idea and never saw the point in changing it. I figured if I could draw a cultist kill as a plain villager it was worth it. It's kinda sad that my plan was an elaborate method of suicide.
    Hence, we figured you were not an alien.

Heh, I would have figured starting the Digger Dude thing would have worked for that. I guess I can't claim "I'm never a bad guy" anymore. Alas. I shall need a new catchphrase.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    What about Car...wait, I was dead before then. Nevermind.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm going to say this one more time regarding a PM I just received; unless you were in the network, please don't ask me about currently active players.

Squashua on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So, just out of curiosity... since I had never gotten killed off so early before... what made you aliens choose to kill me?

Also - Well played game for all the aliens involved... after I was dead I guessed FWD being the alien, but I wouldn't have guessed him if I hadn't seen everyone in here saying wow Xilx is playing a really good game. I had minor suspicions of FWD but nothing concrete that I wanted to present, or would have even presented. Bravo, you extra-terrestrial assholes.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I'm going to say this one more time regarding a PM I just received; unless you were in the network, please don't ask me about currently active players.
    This is specifically due to me: I asked a question. How dare I.

Excuse me while I ask one of the set of all people not you. :)

Go ahead and ask me if you want. I know everything except who the cultist is, now.

Grundlterror, TehSpectre picked you and by that point we didn't bother questioning him. You were on my list though, so that may have been part of the reason.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    This is specifically due to me: I asked a question. How dare I.

Excuse me while I ask one of the set of all people not you. :)

Go ahead and ask me if you want. I know everything except who the cultist is, now.

I think we all do, don't we? :)

I guess you know motivations for certain things, though.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Grundlterror, TehSpectre picked you and by that point we didn't bother questioning him. You were on my list though, so that may have been part of the reason.
    PM sent.

Ooh! Ooh! Why'd ya kill me? I had pretty much assumed you were innocent, FWD. (oops)

You were on my list of cultist suspects, and for some reason I thought it was significant that your name came up in narration. As I said earlier, I was going to kill Drez first, but Voranth thought we should kill you instead.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You were on my list of cultist suspects, and for some reason I thought it was significant that your name came up in narration. As I said earlier, I was going to kill Drez first, but Voranth thought we should kill you instead.
    Huh. Seems like a lot of people were suspicious of me.
    I wasn't. But I killed the second round (THAT WAS LAMEEEEE) so I couldn't say anything.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Huh. Seems like a lot of people were suspicious of me.
    I wasn't. But I killed the second round (THAT WAS LAMEEEEE) so I couldn't say anything.

Yeah, it seems like the masses called for the heads of many outspoken players just because they were outspoken. I was never suspicious of you or MTV (even though I voted for MTV, just because he was trying to start bandwagons against people who suspected him solely on the grounds that they suspected him). And I believe that was actually YOUR suggestion... that we kill off people even if we think they are innocent if they potentially can do a lot of damage against us. On retrospect, was that a good idea, or should we have been focusing on finding the aliens?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png