As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Elite: Dangerous] - Docking request denied.

1252627282931»

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Were you in a Viper or Cobra?

Because I stopped combat-zoning in Vipers after I got ram-jammed to death by teammates on 3 separate occasions.

After that I decided I'd rather bounty hunt, or squat near a capital ship in an Eagle and snipe people while they're being focused down by the cannons.

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    That was Viper while bounty hunting for an Empire bounty CG, the area just seemed really busy with NPC ships that didn't have a bounty for whatever reason.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I downloaded the Xbox 1 preview of this last night and surprise, it doesn't look as good as the PC! But it seems like they've got the control stuff pretty well mapped out, though by default the yaw functions are unassigned.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    ugh, this is on sale on Steam today but I should really get it *after* I get back from South Africa

and also because I lack a HOTAS

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    The game is totally controllable with mouse and keyboard or a gamepad.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

There are days I wish I had both kbam and hotas mapped and working because I'd love to be able to just sit down on the couch with the laptop and play it without dragging out my stick and messing with all that shit.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »

Yeah, I mean using a hotas is fucking fantastic but the game is completely fine with kbam or a controller if those are your jam (or if you just haven't gotten around to getting a hotas yet)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Has anyone tried the faction stuff that's been released? I should probably get back on and see what's new, I haven't played in months.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The faction stuff can lick my taint

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I've only seen what the gnt people have posted, haven't booted the game in a while, but yeah it sounds real convoluted and not good

Apparently to keep faction rep you can't ever stop doing stuff or your rank will start to decline

Because that's been a good idea in every game it has ever been in

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Its not as awful as it sounds unless you want to make it awful. The tl;dr of it is there are essentially always a shitload of CGs running now, and depending on how much you involve yourself in them, you have a vote on where the next ones go on.

Yeah, someone else will always have more time and poopsocks than you and be better at it than you. Its an online game.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i wish the devs would just give me the ability to build a spacestations like in X so that I can play Elite Dangerous and burn my X install discs in a sacred ritual

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2015
    If you spent 16 hours a day 5 days a week doing nothing but filling your hold with Powerplay merits, you would still not make enough to hit the top rank. That's beyond poopsocking. The top rank is also the only rank that's actually worthwhile in terms of payout.

Tube on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    You shouldn't try to get powerplay merits by doing the transportation missions. That's really inefficient.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    so I fired this up again... i still can't really figure out how missions work. a faction wants me to deliver them a stolen illicit item... it tells me to get it in a sector.. i fly around hitting signal sources, kill anything I can, nothing drops it, I log off and fail the mission

i can't even really tell if failing matters at all. it "hurts my rep", but I've yet to see rep do anything for me. i did complete 3 other missions for them, so hopefully that's a net positive

I declared a faction and I also can't figure out how to "fight for that faction". It says collect vouchers from victims, but apparently they aren't the victims I'm shooting.

in other words, this is a bonifide space game

Jasconius on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I think the Cobra is the best ship in the game. Best speed to damage to utility to cargo space ratio to cost out of everything

crash it? who cares it cost like 5 mil total. rez, crash your new one again who gives a fuck, keep crashing it

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    The cobra also feels every bit as maneuverable as the viper while being way easier to fit and not evaporating in one shot

I'd like to try a Viper again in the future though once I can afford some A-class fits

so... am I missing something or are combat objectives for PowerPlay just a complete and total mal-investment... near as I can tell, the targets for my faction have no bounties, so you just light up and get lit up in a dogfight for an hour, take your vouchers to base, pay your repair bill, and repeat again about a thousand times?

I'd much rather do the logistics stuff and keep the shooting to bounty targets only... maybe it makes more sense when in a Wing?