As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is Monoprice still the best place to buy USB charging cables?

I have only bought from them for the past many years and looking today the prices on Monoprice are still a quarter of anywhere else. So, is that still the place to buy my cables?

Also, why are they so cheap anyway? Is the quality the same? A similar USB cable thats an Amazon Basics costs 5 dollars where on Monoprice is costs about a buck.

Clipboard03.jpg
I KISS YOU!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Yes. Also, get the premium version from Monoprice with the thicker wire. Still cheaper, and WAY better than the ones on Amazon.

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    Also HDMI cables and cat5/6... def. the best value.

Somehow when I did my home theater I ordered enough that I now get bulk pricing discount automatically even if I only order one thing.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    We just placed a big order and despite shipping and duty, it was still way cheaper to get a pile of patch cables and iPhone chargers than any of the spots I checked in Canada. The margin on cables at most businesses is hilariously high. They make nothing on a printer, but they'll make 10 bucks on the usb cable to plug it in. I'm sure for Monoprice they make little on each individual cable, but sell so many...

Years ago, I went to look at buying my first flat screen TV and went to a friend who worked still at a place we had worked together at. I asked how the margins were on TVs, could I get a deal etc. He told me that the big box stores like Best Buy and Futureshop had for some reason decided they weren't going to make much if anything on TVs, and would make their cash in cables, accessories and installation.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    the big box stores don't have much choice. their margins are more or less set on those items by the suppliers.