[nfl] Super Bowl 49: 12 vs 12. No matter who wins, we all lose.

• JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Calling back to his I can't imagine a person with a functioning brain complained about Rodgers being hurt and then said "We should get the guy who has been hurt slightly less times than Sam 'I start the season on IR' Bradford."

I'm struggling with the idea of Jack Locker as a stud QB.

The only idiot who would think that would be a UW fan, but they are almost universally sea hawk fans, that means its a total troll.
    UW fans debated whether or not he should have been a safety until well after he was drafted.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Jake Locker even. Can't even get his name right.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jack Locker the Safety? Jesus what would his tackling technique be, hurting himself to stop the other guy?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Hmm like 1800 for 2 plane tickets... maybe 7K for 2 tickets.....

Watching your team lose the super bowl in person: priceless

Seriously though no way I would drop 10k plus to watch my team in the super bowl, not to mention niners are 0-3 at games I've attended, don't need to spend 10k to suffer through another loss.

I can do that at home all next season.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Pellaeon wrote: »
    Seriously though no way I would drop 10k plus to watch my team in the super bowl, not to mention niners are 0-3 at games I've attended, don't need to spend 10k to suffer through another loss.

If he hasn't gone to one yet, this might be the time. Who knows when the next pats Super Bowl could be. Though I would just be so terrified of a blowout like last year I don't think I could ever pull the trigger

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

If he hasn't gone to one yet, this might be the time. Who knows when the next pats Super Bowl could be. Though I would just be so terrified of a blowout like last year I don't think I could ever pull the trigger

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    Seems they're due to lose one to the giants next year

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Seems they're due to lose one to the giants next year

A third Super Bowl win for Eli would not upset me.

I still have to laugh that Maronne dumped the bills to take a major downgrade on the jets. That's hilarious and just solidifies what a douchebag he has to be.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Dear Green Bay,

Please listen to these idiots claiming you should blow up your entire team. They are wiser than their typos lead you to believe.

Signed,

Every other fan of an NFC North team

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-cant-wait-to-hear-patriots-fans-excuses-thi,37819/

Nation Can’t Wait To Hear Patriots Fans’ Excuses This Time

WASHINGTON—After an NFL investigation revealed that 11 of New England’s 12 game balls were under-inflated during last weekend’s AFC Championship Game, Americans across the nation announced Wednesday that they would love—absolutely love—to hear the excuses from Patriots fans this time. “No, no, by all means, go ahead,” said every single person living outside of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut before reportedly smiling and adding, “I’m all ears.” “Wait, let me guess: The deflated footballs were also easier to catch for the Colts defense, so the Patriots didn’t have a real advantage, right? Or is it that the score was so lopsided that it didn’t matter in the end? No, seriously, I’m sure you guys have something really great cooked up for this one.” The American populace went on to say that they also absolutely cannot wait to hear how this new scandal will have no effect on the legacy of Tom Brady.
    ObiFett wrote: »
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Still pretty sad they had to cheat to beat the colts when they clearly didn't have to.

Just plain baffling

It is I mean in the previous history the colts never came close to beating them, so they didn't need to do this at all, but clearly its either so far part of the game plan they do it anyway knowing the punishment will be nothing to worry about or they figure they'd never get caught.

All this assures is that at the owl the balls for both sides will be meticulously checked. I almost have to wonder if this is something the hawks do and this was the way to call them out for that without taking the heat for it.

Apparently the colts were concerned about it the previous game. Maybe the patriots do it all the time, because Brady just likes it under inflated like Rodgers likes it overinflated. Its probably partially feel and partially a give or take between accuracy/ease of spiral/ease of catch, and some teams decide to tweak the ball because no one ever cared or checked before. Though that's almost certainly the end of that

The only difference is that Brady's preference ALSO makes it easier on the receivers. So it benefits him and those catching it. Rodgers' wanting it overinflated makes it harder to catch so its kind of a wash.

It also makes it easier on defenders.

ahahahahahahahaha

ObiFett on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-cant-wait-to-hear-patriots-fans-excuses-thi,37819/

Nation Can’t Wait To Hear Patriots Fans’ Excuses This Time

WASHINGTON—After an NFL investigation revealed that 11 of New England’s 12 game balls were under-inflated during last weekend’s AFC Championship Game, Americans across the nation announced Wednesday that they would love—absolutely love—to hear the excuses from Patriots fans this time. “No, no, by all means, go ahead,” said every single person living outside of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut before reportedly smiling and adding, “I’m all ears.” “Wait, let me guess: The deflated footballs were also easier to catch for the Colts defense, so the Patriots didn’t have a real advantage, right? Or is it that the score was so lopsided that it didn’t matter in the end? No, seriously, I’m sure you guys have something really great cooked up for this one.” The American populace went on to say that they also absolutely cannot wait to hear how this new scandal will have no effect on the legacy of Tom Brady.
    Still pretty sad they had to cheat to beat the colts when they clearly didn't have to.

Just plain baffling

It is I mean in the previous history the colts never came close to beating them, so they didn't need to do this at all, but clearly its either so far part of the game plan they do it anyway knowing the punishment will be nothing to worry about or they figure they'd never get caught.

All this assures is that at the owl the balls for both sides will be meticulously checked. I almost have to wonder if this is something the hawks do and this was the way to call them out for that without taking the heat for it.

Apparently the colts were concerned about it the previous game. Maybe the patriots do it all the time, because Brady just likes it under inflated like Rodgers likes it overinflated. Its probably partially feel and partially a give or take between accuracy/ease of spiral/ease of catch, and some teams decide to tweak the ball because no one ever cared or checked before. Though that's almost certainly the end of that

The only difference is that Brady's preference ALSO makes it easier on the receivers. So it benefits him and those catching it. Rodgers' wanting it overinflated makes it harder to catch so its kind of a wash.

It also makes it easier on defenders.

ahahahahahahahaha

But that... its not... there's this thing ya gotta... what they don't get is...

Mother fucker.

• PriestPriest Registered User regular
    As a Patriots-hater and a Mechanical Engineer who has taken several courses on compressible fluids, this entire situation makes me laugh.

Fine-worthy? Barely.

Noteworthy? Not even.

Evidence is slim, testing is insufficient, sample size is atrocious, and why are there all of these sour grapes everywhere?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Priest wrote: »
    As a Patriots-hater and a Mechanical Engineer who has taken several courses on compressible fluids, this entire situation makes me laugh.

Fine-worthy? Barely.

Noteworthy? Not even.

Evidence is slim, testing is insufficient, sample size is atrocious, and why are there all of these sour grapes everywhere?

Because its the Patriots.

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Fine-worthy? Barely.

Noteworthy? Not even.

How else do you deal with people who cheat?

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Fine-worthy? Barely.

Noteworthy? Not even.

How else do you deal with people who cheat?

Treat rule infractions with consistancy.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    And Mike McCarthy's younger brother suddenly passed away today
    Mike McCarthy’s younger brother, Joe McCarthy, died Wednesday at the age of 47.

The Packers head coach suddenly canceled his end-of-the-season news conference Wednesday morning.

Wednesday afternoon, it was reported that Joe McCarthy died after collapsing at a gym in suburban Pittsburgh. Joe McCarthy was a former Pennsylvania deputy attorney general.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Take away scholarships!

The idea that your vote is a moral statement about you or who you vote for is some backwards ass libertarian nonsense. Your vote is about society. Vote to protect the vulnerable.
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    Damn, McCarthy's having a rough week. He's one dead dog/ex wife away from a country western album.

Going by social media and the stupid press reactions, people are really really pissed over slightly deflated footballs.

Well for me its that the colts posed no chance and yet still the patriots did something that is technically against the rule book. And as proved in the second half it seemingly didn't even help them, so its just "Why cheat when you clearly didn't have to?"

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Well for me its that the colts posed no chance and yet still the patriots did something that is technically against the rule book. And as proved in the second half it seemingly didn't even help them, so its just "Why cheat when you clearly didn't have to?"

Yes.

As has been said earlier, their cheating should be dealt with in the same way the other incidents this year were dealt with.

• PriestPriest Registered User regular

Yes.

As has been said earlier, their cheating should be dealt with in the same way the other incidents this year were dealt with.

Inconsistently and in direct proportion to the level of apparent media outrage, regardless of severity, morality, common sense, and decency, followed with the decision-making memory of a goldfish?

Yes.

Inconsistently and in direct proportion to the level of apparent media outrage, regardless of severity, morality, common sense, and decency, followed with the decision-making memory of a goldfish?

Well, yes, I mean if you want to be all factual.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Between this and spygate, Im pretty much done giving the pats any credit. They are cheaters, flat out. I would love it if they took away every win from belichick's patriot run and all the superbowl wins. The dude has been caught having zero regard for the rules twice now. It's not how effective the cheating is, its the fact he clearly doesn't remotely respect the rules. When anyone ever mentions great teams in history and wants to bring this team up I will simply dismiss them with the fact they are dirty cheaters and move on.

I find it weird people are saying too big a deal is being made of this. To me, not nearly enough of one is. In a perfect world the Pats wouldnt even get to play the superbowl but thats clearly not an option. So let them play then vacate all their wins.

The ravens stuff was interesting, cause it was a bit annoying and frustrating and its like "Seriously belichick, can't you just play a straight up fair game?" but it wasnt against the rules so whatever. Annoying and makes me dislike them, but at least, way to be ahead of the game. But this and spygate is just legit cheating.

Football is such a game of inches that I can no longer even be convinced the pats "dynasty" wasnt built entirely on the back of foul play. There is so much parity in the league that a small advantage can go a long way. If these are two things they were caught doing, imagine all the things they've gotten away with.

616610-1.png
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Nah, lets be fair the pats dynasty was built entirely on the backs of the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. The pats have won the NFC East in the past 13 of 16 seasons. And its not because they were particularly good all of those seasons. Its because the NFC East is a dumpster fire aside from them.

Since 2000, the only teams to win the NFC East aside from the pats have been the 2000 11-5 Maimi Dolphins, the 2002 9-7 NY Jets, and the 2008 11-5 Miami Dolphins.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Nah, lets be fair the pats dynasty was built entirely on the backs of the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. The pats have won the NFC East in the past 13 of 16 seasons. And its not because they were particularly good all of those seasons. Its because the NFC East is a dumpster fire aside from them.

Since 2000, the only teams to win the NFC East aside from the pats have been the 2000 11-5 Maimi Dolphins, the 2002 9-7 NY Jets, and the 2008 11-5 Miami Dolphins.
    Brady makes the Super Bowl over 40% of the time and the AFC championship about 65%. That's not just teeing off on a single division.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Uhh yea, it is.

I mean look you're saying that your slightly better than a toss up in the playoffs, often at home, due to the afc east. This is only slightly better than the average home field advantage. Imperceptibly really. Especially if you take out the handful of years the pats have been legitimately good.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Uhh yea, it is.

I mean look you're saying that your slightly better than a toss up in the playoffs, often at home, due to the afc east. This is only slightly better than the average home field advantage. Imperceptibly really. Especially if you take out the handful of years the pats have been legitimately good.

This is just demonstrably not true.

Patriots overall DVOA rankings since 2001:

11, 7, 4, 2, 12, 3, 1, 9 (sans Brady), 4, 1, 3, 3, 5, 4

There's been a handful of years they AREN'T legitimately good in the past 14, not the reverse. There's been a handful of years where they've been legitimately one of the best teams of all time in that stretch as well.

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

Yes.

Repeat offenders are usually dealt with harsher than first time offenders. The outrage is less about whether the deflation affected the game, and more about the Pats not figuring out how to not cheat.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Remember now though, we have to mark every Pats season with an asterisk until we can estimate how much to reduce their stats due to them playing with tampered balls. How much do we have to reduce Tom Brady's completion percentage, yardage and touchdown's to account for their cheating over all these years??? Clearly his stats are inflated and at least Hall of Fame voters should remember this when it comes time to discuss whether or not Touchdown Tom is eligible for the Hall.

:bzz:

Capt Howdy wrote: »

Yes.

Repeat offenders are usually dealt with harsher than first time offenders. The outrage is less about whether the deflation affected the game, and more about the Pats not figuring out how to not cheat.

If this is true, why have the Seahawks not been dealt with more harshly when it comes to their league-leading PED popping?

I guess we need to wonder about their tarnished legacy, and we can only assume the Seahawks are all on steroids at this moment.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

Yes.

If this is true, why have the Seahawks not been dealt with more harshly when it comes to their league-leading PED popping?

I guess we need to wonder about their tarnished legacy, and we can only assume the Seahawks are all on steroids at this moment.
    Because those are dealt with on a player by player basis as laid out in the CBA? That's not a team level infraction. Also what's your source on the league leading claim, because most of those come from a 2 year old ESPN article and i'd be really interested to see a more up to date source.

Edit: Also if Goodell hammers NE, which I think he probably will, he's doing it to cover the fact that he's looked massively incompetent this year and that NE had the misfortune to get caught right before a 2 week media void so this story gets to fester.

Carpy on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Geth, throw a properly inflated ball at citizen quovadis13

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    @Elki slings a holy properly inflated ball in @quovadis13 's general direction.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    @quovadis13 flings a resplendent properly inflated ball in @y2jake215 's general direction.

Carpy wrote: »

Yes.

Because those are dealt with on a player by player basis as laid out in the CBA? That's not a team level infraction. Also what's your source on the league leading claim, because most of those come from a 2 year old ESPN article and i'd be really interested to see a more up to date source.

Edit: Also if Goodell hammers NE, which I think he probably will, he's doing it to cover the fact that he's looked massively incompetent this year and that NE had the misfortune to get caught right before a 2 week media void so this story gets to fester.

It doesn't matter if it's a player by player basis. I'm going to hold the extremely goosey opinion that their entire D legacy was built around illegal chemical use because it justifies an irrational hatred for a team that has worked hard for their success.

I understand the REASON it's news, but it's garbage and it was something that the league was criticized heavily for all year.

Geth wrote: »
    @quovadis13 flings a resplendent properly inflated ball in @y2jake215 's general direction.

Why didn't I drop it?? As a patriot fan I am incapable of catching passes with above 11 psi!!!

C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.