As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Concentration Camps in the US

ApolloTreatingYouApolloTreatingYou __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Not sure if this is old or not:

http://cortez.gnn.tv/blogs/14561/Halliburton_building_Concentration_Camps_in_the_US

Pretty interesting I think. Anyone have any more info of these camps they are building? They are really a scary idea.

Also, not sure if you guys have heard or seem this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1585562142333161866&q=911+stranger+than+fiction&hl=en

I actually watched all of it. All 4 hours... Really scary also.

I'm kinda in the conspiracy mood, so bring on the chat.

no you cannot have a sig that size. especially with compression that crappy.
ApolloTreatingYou on
«1

Posts

  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    No, no, no... we call them internment camps here. Totally different.

    [/sarcasm]

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That article is a year old. Is there anything more recent?

    Gim on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Gim wrote: »
    That article is a year old.

    That can only mean one thing: they have already been built! It's too late!

    ege02 on
  • Options
    ApolloTreatingYouApolloTreatingYou __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    ege02 wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    That article is a year old.

    That can only mean one thing: they have already been built! It's too late!


    HAHAHA I WISH THAT WAS A JOKE!

    http://sac911truth.com/

    Lots of google video of them if you click around on some of the links.

    ApolloTreatingYou on
    no you cannot have a sig that size. especially with compression that crappy.
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    ege02 wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »
    That article is a year old.

    That can only mean one thing: they have already been built! It's too late!


    HAHAHA I WISH THAT WAS A JOKE!

    http://sac911truth.com/

    Lots of google video of them if you click around on some of the links.

    Doesn't seem like a credible site at all.

    ege02 on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I haven't seen the video (yet) but I have some comments to make. The thing about Jews is that there are a small minority of them that are extremely jingoistic when it comes to Israel. They have a very concentrated self-consciousness when it comes to their heritage that leads them to views that seem to be extreme, but an extreme that is continually ignored by the media. Whenever anyone points out obvious mechanisms stemming from this minority in Jewish culture (AIPAC), they are labeled "anti-Semites" or "self hating Jews". How are we supposed to think of that? When these labels are thrown around so freely that it only gives credence to the actual anti-Semites of the world. [To be fair, issues pertaining to Israel aren't just advanced by Jews, conservatives and evangelicals probably play as much of a role in it.]

    I was born in Yugoslavia. If I know anything, it is crazy jingoistic fucks that rationalize their actions and beliefs purely around their ethnic and/or religious identity. And whenever I hear someone's seemingly rational opinion and/or skepticism on Israel be completely passed over by simply being labeled as anti-Semitic, it just sends chills down my spine. Why it is justified for America to go to such extremes for Israel just isn't self-evident to me, especially since we continually fail to do so for others.

    Edit: I just finished watching the videos. I feel sick. I hope it's all untrue.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories diffuses some of the claims.

    Hoz on
  • Options
    cramsincramsin Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sounds like what Australia had happening in response to illegal immigrants. There was a fair upcry about that so immigrants are shipped offshore instead now.

    Extending that to a conspiracy theory seems somewhat questionable, it seems more like a disincentive to immigrants.

    cramsin on
    Poke my man! 1418 3225 5229
  • Options
    GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    cramsin wrote: »
    Sounds like what Australia had happening in response to illegal immigrants. There was a fair upcry about that so immigrants are shipped offshore instead now.

    Extending that to a conspiracy theory seems somewhat questionable, it seems more like a disincentive to immigrants.

    If it's already happened then it's a conspiracy fact. Unless one guy did it all on his own.

    Gorak on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey hey hey.

    Don't you guys listen to those Holocaust-denying douches?

    There are no concentration camps.

    There are simply places where we group people together, against their will, who all have something in common.

    Dipshits.

    Me Too! on
  • Options
    AgemAgem Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hoz wrote: »
    I haven't seen the video (yet) but I have some comments to make. The thing about Jews is that there are a small minority of them that are extremely jingoistic when it comes to Israel. They have a very concentrated self-consciousness when it comes to their heritage that leads them to views that seem to be extreme, but an extreme that is continually ignored by the media. Whenever anyone points out obvious mechanisms stemming from this minority in Jewish culture (AIPAC), they are labeled "anti-Semites" or "self hating Jews". How are we supposed to think of that? When these labels are thrown around so freely that it only gives credence to the actual anti-Semites of the world. [To be fair, issues pertaining to Israel aren't just advanced by Jews, conservatives and evangelicals probably play as much of a role in it.]
    This... I... this isn't even on-topic. What provoked this?

    Agem on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No, no, no... we call them internment camps here. Totally different.

    [/sarcasm]

    More like happy camps.

    One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Agem wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    I haven't seen the video (yet) but I have some comments to make. The thing about Jews is that there are a small minority of them that are extremely jingoistic when it comes to Israel. They have a very concentrated self-consciousness when it comes to their heritage that leads them to views that seem to be extreme, but an extreme that is continually ignored by the media. Whenever anyone points out obvious mechanisms stemming from this minority in Jewish culture (AIPAC), they are labeled "anti-Semites" or "self hating Jews". How are we supposed to think of that? When these labels are thrown around so freely that it only gives credence to the actual anti-Semites of the world. [To be fair, issues pertaining to Israel aren't just advanced by Jews, conservatives and evangelicals probably play as much of a role in it.]
    This... I... this isn't even on-topic. What provoked this?

    The mention of concentration camps? Even then it's kind of a stretch :/

    HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AgemAgem Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    No, no, no... we call them internment camps here. Totally different.

    [/sarcasm]

    More like happy camps.

    Puppy farms. It's where they go to farm with puppies.

    Agem on
  • Options
    ApolloTreatingYouApolloTreatingYou __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Agem wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    I haven't seen the video (yet) but I have some comments to make. The thing about Jews is that there are a small minority of them that are extremely jingoistic when it comes to Israel. They have a very concentrated self-consciousness when it comes to their heritage that leads them to views that seem to be extreme, but an extreme that is continually ignored by the media. Whenever anyone points out obvious mechanisms stemming from this minority in Jewish culture (AIPAC), they are labeled "anti-Semites" or "self hating Jews". How are we supposed to think of that? When these labels are thrown around so freely that it only gives credence to the actual anti-Semites of the world. [To be fair, issues pertaining to Israel aren't just advanced by Jews, conservatives and evangelicals probably play as much of a role in it.]
    This... I... this isn't even on-topic. What provoked this?

    I believe he was referring to the video link I posted. Which is a paper about a theory that Isreal is responsible for 911.

    And yes I know it's funny to think about concentration camps here in America. But it's no theory, it's a fact that they exist. Google: Fema inmate labor camps

    A contract for 350million was signed a year ago to build them all over the country. They are being built under the guise as "illegal immigrant work camps". But the truth is that they are holding more than Mexicans. They are illegally holding legal immigrants as well as other US citizens deemed suspicious.

    And don't take my word for it. Watch the google videos on the site I posted. Search for the articles. It's all there: Video of the signing, news reports of people being abducted, video of children playing on playgrounds behind barbed wire fence, trains that pull directly up to the gate of the "residential facilities". They are old prisons being converted into detention centers.

    Articles:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=AfR&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=halliburton+inmate+labor+camps&spell=1

    Video:
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=labor%20camp&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv

    http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fema+labor+camp

    I am new to this idea, just like you. So I was equally as skeptic. But the truth is, is that they are real, and very scary.




    Please watch this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=277826260716604258&q=fema+labor+camp

    ApolloTreatingYou on
    no you cannot have a sig that size. especially with compression that crappy.
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    Dr. ODr. O Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    chasm953 wrote: »

    Maddox's 9/11 Conspiracy-debunking pages are some of my favorite ever. :lol:

    But yeah, it was the Jews.

    Dr. O on
  • Options
    AgemAgem Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I hate conspiracy theorists

    What is the whole thing up to now? Jewish terrorists abducted the passengers of the planes in mid-flight and dropped them off in US concentration camps but the planes were not actually planes at all but instead missiles projecting holographic images of planes except the missiles were duds to make it look like the Twin Towers were blowing up because of them when in fact it was the work of (more) Jewish terrorists who had secretly planted 500 tons of explosives in plain sight overnight in collaboration with the CIA and the owner of the buildings who had been privately informed of 9/11 by Cheney so took out an insurance policy or something because HE KNEW man HE KNEW no blood for oil also Bu$h is secretly Dave Ben-Gurion the "dead" first prime minister of Israel who is also, ironically, a Nazi plant?

    Because I've seen better.

    Agem on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've heard about these camps, but truthfully I don't know what to believe.

    I do find it highly unlikely that they are building Nazi-esque (sp?) concentration camps for use in some massive nefarious plan however. As much as the actions of the US government piss me off sometimes, that is just too much of a stretch.

    Al_wat on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I forget, just how overstrained is the existing federal prison infrastructure? Is it 'extremely' or 'oh my god we've ran out of cots'?

    moniker on
  • Options
    AgemAgem Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    moniker wrote: »
    I forget, just how overstrained is the existing federal prison infrastructure? Is it 'extremely' or 'oh my god we've ran out of cots'?
    I remember there was a big controversy when some governor decided to start letting people out two years early because they needed more room for the newcomers

    I don't remember what state that was or how it is nationwide, though

    Agem on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Agem wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    I haven't seen the video (yet) but I have some comments to make.
    This... I... this isn't even on-topic. What provoked this?

    Hoz on
  • Options
    AgemAgem Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hoz wrote: »
    Agem wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    I haven't seen the video (yet) but I have some comments to make.
    This... I... this isn't even on-topic. What provoked this?
    Oh, okay. I haven't seen the video either but I also have some comments: Super Smash Bros. Melee is a pretty good game. The DirectInput library seems almost completely useless. Physics is cool.

    Also, Jews? I guess?

    Agem on
  • Options
    TiemlerTiemler Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I smell a ridiculous conspiracy theory.

    The problem with ridiculous conspiracy theories is, they ruin the credibility, by association, of people who have legitimate concerns. Concerns about, for instance, the prison-industry's drive to incarcerate and exploit as many Americans as possible as a source of cheap labor. Or concerns about the imprisonment of suspects in the 'War on Terror' without legal representation or a timely and fair trial.

    Tiemler on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I've heard about these camps, but truthfully I don't know what to believe.

    I do find it highly unlikely that they are building Nazi-esque (sp?) concentration camps for use in some massive nefarious plan however. As much as the actions of the US government piss me off sometimes, that is just too much of a stretch.

    Yes, because it's never happened before.

    Rohaq on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rohaq wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I've heard about these camps, but truthfully I don't know what to believe.

    I do find it highly unlikely that they are building Nazi-esque (sp?) concentration camps for use in some massive nefarious plan however. As much as the actions of the US government piss me off sometimes, that is just too much of a stretch.

    Yes, because it's never happened before.

    And its recurrence is an inevitability because...why again?

    moniker on
  • Options
    ApolloTreatingYouApolloTreatingYou __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd like if you guys would stay on topic a bit more. I was hoping for some points and counter points, not just a bunch of sarcastic brush offs.

    I am actually pretty skeptic of the whole Jewish thing, mainly because I know so little about the actual story we were told by the media. The only thing I've heard from that is: Osama did it, here is a tape where he says he did it that we found.

    The camps... I really really really would like someone to prove me wrong. It hurts me to believe that innocent people are being abducted and held indefinitely under false pretenses. That's not my America.

    It's just that there is a signed contract, by Halliburton and our military that says exactly what they are to be used for.

    Also, don't confuse these camps with Prison labor camps. They are not the same there. There are no intentions to ever have inmates be used as cheap labor within them.

    ApolloTreatingYou on
    no you cannot have a sig that size. especially with compression that crappy.
  • Options
    AgemAgem Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Innocent people being held indefinitely? Yes. A lot (and by a lot I don't mean hundreds or thousands) of people suspected of being terrorists (many if not most of whom were innocent) have been detained by the government, particularly right after 9/11, without being given access to a lawyer, being charged with anything, etc. These were highly publicized because many of them (tried to) sue after the fact and I'd be surprised if someone hadn't heard of them.

    But American citizens being snatched away by the CIA or something under the cover of darkness never to be seen or heard from again? Not so much. In fact much of the reason why there hasn't been more of a public outcry over some of the ridiculous legislation passed (like the government can deport you whenever or decide you've revoked your right to stay here based on your actions) has hinged on the policies not applying to American citizens (sometimes only to people who were born here I think, too, which is retarded, but because most people aren't first-generation immigrants there was never a lasting outcry about it). Some citizens may have been detained immediately after 9/11 - I don't remember - but people would have accepted it either way because 9/11 was a national emergency. The government is not actively detaining citizens for no reason at all, and while we do have the largest prison population in the world, the people in prison have been convicted in a court of law (obviously Guantanamo Bay and secret overseas CIA torture chambers don't count here, but the people held in those generally aren't citizens, either).

    Agem on
  • Options
    2and2is52and2is5 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So it's cool for the government to imprison people without reason, as long as it's not American citizens?

    2and2is5 on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Did you ever hear of WWII, when they imprisoned all the Japanese-Americans? Remember that?

    We've done it before. Why is everyone so shocked.

    Me Too! on
  • Options
    2and2is52and2is5 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Did you ever hear of WWII, when they imprisoned all the Japanese-Americans? Remember that?

    We've done it before. Why is everyone so shocked.

    I understand we did it before. That does not make it right a second time. You would we think we'd have learned something with 60 years to dwell on it.

    2and2is5 on
  • Options
    AgemAgem Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    2and2is5 wrote: »
    So it's cool for the government to imprison people without reason, as long as it's not American citizens?

    If you're insinuating that I support this, then you're wrong.

    But as far as public opinion is concerned? Basically.

    Agem on
  • Options
    GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    2and2is5 wrote: »
    Did you ever hear of WWII, when they imprisoned all the Japanese-Americans? Remember that?

    We've done it before. Why is everyone so shocked.

    I understand we did it before. That does not make it right a second time. You would we think we'd have learned something with 60 years to dwell on it.

    They learned to make quiet preparations for the next time.

    Gorak on
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    2and2is5 wrote: »
    Did you ever hear of WWII, when they imprisoned all the Japanese-Americans? Remember that?

    We've done it before. Why is everyone so shocked.

    I understand we did it before. That does not make it right a second time. You would we think we'd have learned something with 60 years to dwell on it.

    Because the US has a history of learning from its mistakes.

    siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    2and2is52and2is5 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Touche gorak and silicon, but I would still like to hear from Wiggins what's less fucked up about it this time.

    2and2is5 on
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Well, for starters, we the government couldn't get away with it this time around; there is a reason why the people being held indefinately without trial are in Guantanimo and not in the US. As for referencing the Japanese internment, it really is no more relevant an indicator of the actions of our government today than the internment in Canada, which was a fair pace more severe, is a relevant indicator to the actions of the Canadian government today.

    Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

    - John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070321/Iran_refugees_070321/20070321?hub=TopStories

    Similar situation?

    I mean it's not a concentration camp(almost), but it's still holding people indefinitly. I mean what is the policy about this now? Is the article the norm?

    Bryse Eayo on
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070321/Iran_refugees_070321/20070321?hub=TopStories

    Similar situation?

    I mean it's not a concentration camp(almost), but it's still holding people indefinitly. I mean what is the policy about this now? Is the article the norm?

    Holding someone for six weeks after they have entered the country with a stolen passport is hardly indefinate. Deportation proceedings do take time.

    Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

    - John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070321/Iran_refugees_070321/20070321?hub=TopStories

    Similar situation?

    I mean it's not a concentration camp(almost), but it's still holding people indefinitly. I mean what is the policy about this now? Is the article the norm?

    Holding someone for six weeks after they have entered the country with a stolen passport is hardly indefinate. Deportation proceedings do take time.

    Still the articles states that upwards of 200 other children (and their parents along with that) were being held there. I wish I had a better source with more detail looking into the other people being held.

    But yeah you're right, looks like it isn't entirely indefinite.

    Bryse Eayo on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rohaq wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I've heard about these camps, but truthfully I don't know what to believe.

    I do find it highly unlikely that they are building Nazi-esque (sp?) concentration camps for use in some massive nefarious plan however. As much as the actions of the US government piss me off sometimes, that is just too much of a stretch.

    Yes, because it's never happened before.

    [edit] on second thought it isn't worth mocking this.

    lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070321/Iran_refugees_070321/20070321?hub=TopStories

    Similar situation?

    I mean it's not a concentration camp(almost), but it's still holding people indefinitly. I mean what is the policy about this now? Is the article the norm?

    Holding someone for six weeks after they have entered the country with a stolen passport is hardly indefinate. Deportation proceedings do take time.

    Still the articles states that upwards of 200 other children (and their parents along with that) were being held there. I wish I had a better source with more detail looking into the other people being held.

    But yeah you're right, looks like it isn't entirely indefinite.

    It may be shocking, but when people come into this country illegally, the often bring their children with them. It makes some crazy kind of sense to house the children in the same place as their parents when the entire family is being deported. The conditions in that particular facility are rather bad, and I believe that the private firm that runs the place is getting sued over it.

    Knuckle Dragger on
    Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

    - John Stuart Mill
Sign In or Register to comment.