Options

PAX East 2015 Pax Parties!

1246711

Posts

  • Options
    mrfeeny117mrfeeny117 Registered User new member
    What is the Sanshee party like? It seems to be one of the more popular ones but I guess I'd like to know more about it before I purchase a ticket.

  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    last year it was a lot of basically dancing and talking with people. They had some game systems set up in the back room that you could play games on as well.

  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Hello everyone! I know I am a little late to this forum this year but I am here to clear up things on Indies Need Booze for PAX East this year. I'll try and make this quick but please feel free to ask me questions!
    • Indies Need Booze ticket is 16.82 which is the price that includes the fee
    • We have a full venue this year since we are working with Exclusively N.E.P. It holds up to 300 people at a time
    • Yes drinks are not free but unlike most parties you'll be getting two game codes from Indie Game Stand, one game code from tinyBuild, and a light up lanyard from tinyBuild as well. Worth more than the ticket price.
    • Since we have a full venue we will be able to show a lot more games so far announced Soda Drinker Pro, Super Dwarf Madness, Lets Quip, Catlateral Damage, Knock-In Check-Out, Speed Runners, and Jungle Rumble.
    • This party is not about selling merchandise, but it's about making connections with indie developers and fans alike.
    • There will be more announcements in the coming weeks so this is just the beginning!

    Looks to be a bigger and better venue then last year's central square back room that was overcrowded with only a few people. As the party was billed as INDIES need booze, I went with the intent to buy lots of Indie Devs drinks, but there turned out to be only a few devs, with some pretty messed up games and most not interested in drinking. I wish you well and hope this gets lot of support because in my mind the Indies are what its all about.

  • Options
    JoeynonsenseJoeynonsense Registered User new member
    Where are all the parties? A lot more were posted earlier than this last year. I've gone to Nvidia's party the past two years and both years were amazing. Hoping to get into more exclusive parties this year. Was luckily enough to get invited to the Square Enix "Murdered" party. Very very awesome. Free booze and appetizers =)

  • Options
    gaminginpublicgaminginpublic Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I know I am a little late to this forum this year but I am here to clear up things on Indies Need Booze for PAX East this year. I'll try and make this quick but please feel free to ask me questions!
    • Indies Need Booze ticket is 16.82 which is the price that includes the fee
    • We have a full venue this year since we are working with Exclusively N.E.P. It holds up to 300 people at a time
    • Yes drinks are not free but unlike most parties you'll be getting two game codes from Indie Game Stand, one game code from tinyBuild, and a light up lanyard from tinyBuild as well. Worth more than the ticket price.
    • Since we have a full venue we will be able to show a lot more games so far announced Soda Drinker Pro, Super Dwarf Madness, Lets Quip, Catlateral Damage, Knock-In Check-Out, Speed Runners, and Jungle Rumble.
    • This party is not about selling merchandise, but it's about making connections with indie developers and fans alike.
    • There will be more announcements in the coming weeks so this is just the beginning!

    Looks to be a bigger and better venue then last year's central square back room that was overcrowded with only a few people. As the party was billed as INDIES need booze, I went with the intent to buy lots of Indie Devs drinks, but there turned out to be only a few devs, with some pretty messed up games and most not interested in drinking. I wish you well and hope this gets lot of support because in my mind the Indies are what its all about.

    Hey there Dolarrah I am sorry you didn't have a good time at my event last year at PAX East last year. It's hard to get a full venue for PAX East especially when it's not sponsored by a major company. The cheapest you can find a full venue for PAX East on a Friday usually starts at $8,000 bar guarantee if you are lucky. Without major funding we chose to go with part of a venue. Our PAX Prime event was our first event where we took the risk of getting a full bar and we moved it to a Thursday to cut down on costs and it really worked out for us! Also our party at PAX East had just over 120 people show up while at PAX Prime we had over 250 so we are growing at a pretty rapid rate thanks to all the indie developers and fans who came out!






  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    Harmonix has announced, via their podcast, plans for a Saturday night party (but no further details):
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/episode139/

  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Ok, updated the OP! Thanks, everyone! :)

    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    SansheeSanshee Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Edit: sorry, we had to cancel the party and are in the process of refunding everyone. I'm taking down the post so noone get's confused.

    Sanshee on
  • Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    pilferk wrote: »
    Harmonix has announced, via their podcast, plans for a Saturday night party (but no further details):
    http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/episode139/

    I went to the harmonix party last year. Once the hour of open bar ended a lot of people left. they had a band and dancing it was a good time. At the end we all got Rockband guitars.

  • Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I would suggest listing the PokeCrawl for Thursday night. Tickets are not up yet but the site for tickets is http://pokecrawl2015.eventbrite.com

  • Options
    FapFlopFapFlop Registered User regular
    Do you have to be a backer to attend the CIG party?

  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    rascrush wrote: »
    guess it has already been posted lol

    better to err on the side of mentioning things twice than on the side of not mentioning things..

    speaking of which.
    https://warframe.com/tennolive

    Just received the ticket email...check your emails if you signed up for this.

  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Reading through the flyers, I'm think I know why I haven't gone to parties yet: I don't drink liquor in public and a lot of these seem to center around specialty drinks. They look awesome, I just know my limits; liquor and I get into trouble.

    While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    agreatrandomagreatrandom Wizard Outside BostonRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Reading through the flyers, I'm think I know why I haven't gone to parties yet: I don't drink liquor in public and a lot of these seem to center around specialty drinks. They look awesome, I just know my limits; liquor and I get into trouble.

    Boston bars serve beer too.

    5rOQuX4.png

    Design Wizard, Pizza Enthusiast, Craft Beer Extraordinare from MA
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    rascrush wrote: »
    guess it has already been posted lol

    better to err on the side of mentioning things twice than on the side of not mentioning things..

    speaking of which.
    https://warframe.com/tennolive

    Just received the ticket email...check your emails if you signed up for this.

    Actually got my invite on the 9th.
    Are we Bad enough Dudes Tenno to save the President Lotus?
    Or at least, have some drinks at a party full of Tenno and forget about the Lotus being in trouble?

  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Reading through the flyers, I'm think I know why I haven't gone to parties yet: I don't drink liquor in public and a lot of these seem to center around specialty drinks. They look awesome, I just know my limits; liquor and I get into trouble.

    I don't feel that they all center around alcohol. I went the Harmonix party at Trade last year, while there was alcohol served I never felt that it was the center of the party - it was more like hanging out with a bunch of friends playing a cool new game! Lots of fun. Also, the PPD isn't alcohol focused either, just a fun time.

    ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    @gaminginpublic do you have any details on the Sanshee V.I.P. Party at Prime...sent a request to the organizer but never heard back.

    It says access to VIP area and comp drink...is that it?

    ClannMorgan on
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    i am guessing that is prob all it will be guessing they would put all details there

  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    VIP for Shansee includes the following from what I read:
    CUT LINE for Entry to Main Party
    In and Out Privileges until 1 AM
    Private Room with Industry Execs who buy at least one drink. (If your nice and strike up decent conversation you might get more, if you are an idiot, they ignore you after they buy you the mandatory drink)

    Not committed to anywhere, but if history is Judge, there is a swag bag for VIPS

  • Options
    UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »

    They are selling the tickets in waves. This was just the first wave.

  • Options
    burned.forkburned.fork Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    UnnDunn wrote: »
    Dolarrah wrote: »

    They are selling the tickets in waves. This was just the first wave.

    Thanks for the heads up! For anyone else wondering: it seems they're announcing the waves via Twitter: https://twitter.com/harmonix

  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    ASUS vs 8bit I am wondering the pro's and cons of each party from people who have gone in the past to these. The fact that asus is free and ga kinda worries me that maybe there will be a long line anyone have any history with these 2 parties?

  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    8 bit starts at 8 PM. Asus starts at 10.

    Maybe try to do both? The Asus line CAN get long..but we'll see how many tickets they actually do this year. That was a BIG complaint last year, so....

    pilferk on
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Well, the Royale is a much bigger place than where they had it last year.

    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    pilferkpilferk Master of Unlocking CTRegistered User regular
    That's true, too. And 8 bit and Asus are only (well, "only" depending on the weather) about a mile (walking distance) apart. Or a quick cab ride. :)

  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    Ya I just wont be able to make it to a party till around 10 anyway cause of dinner plans so really would only do 1 of the 2 I just wanna make sure that i would actually be able to get into the asus. I mean it does hold around 300-600 more this venue so a good deal more just dont wanna be waiting outside in the cold forever. Is there a way to see how many tickets they are selling this year.

    I was more wondering compared to parties in general though like what the vibes were at these parties were there a lot of dancing drinking talking or were they more about trying out new games so on so fourth

  • Options
    MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    Yeah in case anyone's interested (or missed the earlier post) ASUS RSVPs went live.

  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    rascrush wrote: »
    Ya I just wont be able to make it to a party till around 10 anyway cause of dinner plans so really would only do 1 of the 2 I just wanna make sure that i would actually be able to get into the asus. I mean it does hold around 300-600 more this venue so a good deal more just dont wanna be waiting outside in the cold forever. Is there a way to see how many tickets they are selling this year.

    I was more wondering compared to parties in general though like what the vibes were at these parties were there a lot of dancing drinking talking or were they more about trying out new games so on so fourth

    Really depends on the party. I can say for certain that the Asus one will be more of the dancing boozing than others. Whereas other parties are more get together for drinks and try out our game

    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    so anyone know bout 8bit how that party is

  • Options
    Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Anyone know if they are going to limit tickets to ASUS this year? Last year was ridiculous.

    zmYaVYP.png
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    idk i know they only let u get 1 at a time but besides that idk. The venue holds a good amount of people i would hope they would cap it at like 1,500 tickets but idk

  • Options
    RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    ASUS sounded pretty cool last year but I skipped it once I heard the lines were already ridiculous when I was ready to head over there.

    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

    B4o6XD4.png
  • Options
    pelicanflippelicanflip Registered User regular
    Does anyone know/remember if ASUS/PC Gamer was general admission only? Or if there was a separate invite?

  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    Does anyone know/remember if ASUS/PC Gamer was general admission only? Or if there was a separate invite?
    There was a VIP, but it was for industry only

    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    FapFlopFapFlop Registered User regular
    Randomfool wrote: »
    ASUS sounded pretty cool last year but I skipped it once I heard the lines were already ridiculous when I was ready to head over there.

    Lines for an RSVP event?

  • Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Literally down the alley and around the corner....crazy long line. Maybe it will be different this year as its a new venue.

  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    this one holds at least 300 more people so should be a lil better I have heard it may be able to hold up to 600 more the number i have seen has been 1000,1300 so I would assume the lines would be a lil better

This discussion has been closed.