As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Like Chilean miners emerging from the ground, so begins another [Podcast] thread

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've known Brad for a while--since 13-years-old--and met Jeff at various events. Of anyone at Giant Bomb, I probably knew Ryan the least. He decided to stay a few days after E3 (2010) with my friend and former Nintendo World Report editor Billy Berghammer. Every Friday (or was it Saturday?) night, a local bar featured this incredible 80s cover band. We probably went a dozen times during my 18-month stay in Los Angeles, and it was always amazing. Ryan joined us that weekend, and it was mostly, um, a blur. One does did not try to keep up with Ryan's drinking, as you're headed for a morning you'll regret.

One moment does stick out. In the middle of the dance floor, our eyes locked. I don't know what song was playing, but let's say it was "Don't Stop Believing," since it makes the story sound way more awesome. Picture that song in your head for a second, okay? Unprompted, and despite our only real social encounter having been a dinner earlier that night, Ryan grabbed me, and tossed me into the air. He spun me in circles for what, at the time, seemed like several minutes. We sang, and he set me down.

There was sweat everywhere.

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    has he said what he'll be doing?

If you twittersearch him, a lot of people seem to be thinking he's going to work for paste

twitter rumors worth basically nothing, but still

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I just got to the "Best Game" segment and there are 3 and a half hours to go

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

welcome to the trenches, junior

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Oh man, is the Dota 2 filibuster real

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

It's probably a Destiny filibuster, because Brad is a champion of the people.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

I bet he leverages Dota 2 to get Destiny in there.

I'm getting all misty...

signature.png

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    JohnHam wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »

I bet he leverages Dota 2 to get Destiny in there.

I'm getting all misty...

Send them home crying, Guardian.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

This interview is pretty nuts you guys

Like obviously he could just be like Josh Hartnett in that high school Othello movie

But still

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    FUCK

YES

JW Stillwater might be my favorite PFT character

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Hey podcast thread that is totally not a secret GB thread

My mum and I jammed to Candlenights on the way down to Florida the other day and she loved it

Especially the PG Extreme Restraints segment

If there's one surreal thing about getting to be older it's watching/listening to stuff like Game of Thrones or that with your parents

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Is Rooster Teeth suppose to be good? Cause I tried to listen to them and they only sat around for 20 minutes complaining about how boring a party they went to was and wondering how any party at that college could be so boring.

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    Rooster Teeth's podcast is so-so, the rest of the site's content is hit-or-miss. I like Gavin, Burnie is okay, Gus is meh.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

This interview is pretty nuts you guys

Like obviously he could just be like Josh Hartnett in that high school Othello movie

But still

Can you imagine feeling manipulated into burying a body and you finally do the right thing and then years later an entire nation is questioning whether or not you had this traumatic thing happen to you or not

• Options
    edited January 2015

If you’re telling the truth, then what harm would it be to talk to Koenig?

I am telling the truth, and look what happens when I didn’t talk to her. Look how she’s demonized me. And I feel like if I did talk to her, it would have given her twice as much ammo to twist my words. She came to my house and frightened me and my wife. Then [Julie Snyder] came out and said that I had ‘animal rage.’

In what ways has your life changed?

Do you ever read Reddit? Have you read the subReddit about this case and about me?

Yes.

Everything’s changed.

What has your life been like since “Serial” first aired?

The thing that’s been the most scary for my family has been people showing up at my house. Twice I’ve caught people videotaping our home and me.

When did you first notice strangers around your house?

Right before Thanksgiving. I caught somebody taking a picture of my house.

I feel really bad about listening to serial, guys. I had also totally let the bestial, fairly racist imagery slip by me.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Plenty of people like Adnan and think he's innocent using the old racist garbage of "he's so well-spoken"

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    wow, and now I'm seeing people are saying this means adnan should be exonerated. so he did what he could around a system that he was scared of, then he's harassed over a decade later, then by trying to clear his name he could ruin what he tried to do. because a podcast got popular.

Langly on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    You seem to be taking it as a given that Adnan actually did it.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Also, Adnan should be released. Guilty or not, he never should've been convicted in the first place based on the case they had.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    i think a podcast is not a court of law, and i think a dude's family and privacy have been seriously harmed by rampant internet speculation that could have been avoided about a fifteen year old case, and i see no reason to discount Jay currently.

Langly on
  • Options
    I phrased that poorly. Obviously, a podcast has no legal bearing. It's more just frustration at seeing a seemingly blatant failure of the justice system. And yeah, it's shitty that terrible people are bothering Jay and his family. He certainly would've been better off not doing that interview.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    It's a new year, and I'm motivated to continue the podcast I started up last October. It's been tremendously fun and I've gotten to better know a few folks here from the forum that I didn't interact with much before.

But I was also hoping to take the time to get some tips on how to make it better, as well as give it more attention. As I mentioned before, I got a record spike in downloads with my first part of the GOTY episode, but things reverted to a normal, 20-50 download run for preceding episodes. I'm still wondering what caused the extra attention that one time.

The obvious answer would be to advertise it more on my Twitter and other social networks, but if there's anything else I'm overlooking I'd be glad to hear it.

If anyone's actually listened to it I wouldn't mind hearing feedback as well. I always listen back to my recordings, and I notice that I'm still a ways off from having a solid podcast voice; I notice certain people who join me have a remarkably more articulate voice then me, which is why I've also encouraged them to branch out and make their own podcasts.

Also, is mp3 the only format that iTunes will accept? I considered saving the last recording in FLAC to see if it would boost the quality, but ShoutEngine wouldn't accept it as an upload.

So yeah, any advice is appreciated. I've got a big topic I'm dying to cover this month, and I want to make sure I'm good and ready for it.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    SO IT BEGINS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I don't want to keep posting them but these are pretty good sentinents

• Options
    BuchoBucho One careful pwner Registered User regular
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    100 minutes into the thisyearcollection bombcast and no mention of video games

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Today's Adventure Zone was amazing.

Probably next episode Griffin will start running his own adventures?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want to tweet about the adventure zone to maybe get my name on it.

That episode was great. Brian sounded like janosz from Ghostbusters 2.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Rest in piece, Bryan and Brian

• Options
    I hope brian comes back actually.

Reoccurring villains!

• Options
    OH MY GOD, Griffin McElroy just favorited my tweet.

SQUEEEEEE

This discussion has been closed.