As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i have no butt but i must [chat]

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited December 2014
    The idea that Baldur's Gate combat is good and Fallout combat is not is alien to me

One of these games has guns and called shots to the dick

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    shoot everything in the dick forever

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I just remembered Dragon Age has DLC on the way, wonder when it'll be announced.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    My time with VATS can be pretty much described as "Waiting for APs to recharge so I can shoot something in the dick."

• Options
    Cool picture from my hometown
    Millionaire Drive Inn Opening 1961 Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

5BugxcB.jpg

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    New Vegas makes me so happy.

Except for the part where I just realized that it might not be MAC compatible. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffff

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    hm the only NYE parties i have on the table are one that will probably be lame and full of the bad kind of nerds, and one that will be small, couply, and might have people's parents

this is pretty disappointing

i'm going to have be proactive tomorrow

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    The idea that Baldur's Gate combat is good and Fallout combat is not is alien to me

One of these games has guns and called shots to the dick

FO 1 is better than the BGs IMO, but the combat, while fun and amazingly animated, is just too easy. It also has a pacing issue, where fighting 8 rats late game takes forever but is not really a fight worth engaging in.

• Options
    hm the only NYE parties i have on the table are one that will probably be lame and full of the bad kind of nerds, and one that will be small, couply, and might have people's parents

this is pretty disappointing

i'm going to have be proactive tomorrow

I just got invited to an all ages NYE party.

There is a good chance that I will be there.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I'm not doing anything for NYE.

I mean, I guess that's not true. I'm gonna see if I can find a box for Sentinels of the Multiverse and then go home and maybe play some Dragon Age. Maybe just get some work done.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    in chrome is there a way to just save all the tabs I have open so I can come back to them later? been looking at minecraft mods but now am getting sleepy

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Nope. I wish there was so badly.

• Options
    oh wait nevermind I found it

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    I want BBQ

right now

• Options
    I own all of the Fallout games, but I just can NOT get into the old ones. I've spent hours with them, but just...eh.

Actually, New Vegas is the only one I played a ton of.

• Options
    Do you mean just closing it and having the "re-open the tabs I had before" option turned on?

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    Do you mean just closing it and having the "re-open the tabs I had before" option turned on?

in the bookmarks flyout there is a "bookmark everything I have open into a new folder" option

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    night chat

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »

in the bookmarks flyout there is a "bookmark everything I have open into a new folder" option

Bleah. Bookmarks.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    @Thomamelas‌ @desc‌ @Ludious‌

So I am finally getting Marvel heroes a bit.

Mostly I just shoot things with Rocket and his big ass guns.

They make the best noises and explosions and groot smashes things while I do it.

I finally got storm to 60 yaaaay

Now I'm going to mess with iron man, spider-man, and cyclops. Secondarily I want to keep working on Psylocke and Emma.

Meanwhile I have barely touched my BOGO heroes like RR and Silver Surfer.

I am impatient for Punisher's review (and hopefully new skin) in January.

@Mazzyx‌

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Blameless Cleric I really like the first drawing from today in that link. That's a lovely cabled sweater.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH @knitdan‌

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Ronaldo takes 20 minutes to climb a tower while engaging in a thrilling chat about how his bank is not like a regular bank while his friend tries to get him to buy DA:I.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    I like kinzie kensington

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I feel like Punisher would be pretty hard to have multiple skins for. He doesn't have a lot of variant costumes that I can remember. I mean, the more recent series, his uniform's a lot less superhero-y as he first was, and there was that brief period he was kind of Captain America, but it aint like he's got the Black Spider-Man suit, y'know?

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Parents noticed that I seemed down.

Anyone have any advice for how to tell someone that them misgendering and calling me the wrong name is stressful as fuck in a diplomatic manner?

• Options
    "When you call me by that name and gender, it hurts my feelings. That's why I seem down."

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

Anyone have any advice for how to tell someone that them misgendering and calling me the wrong name is stressful as fuck in a diplomatic manner?

"Well yeah, you're kind of insulting me when you use the wrong name and pronouns"

Oh, diplomatic? I dunno.

• Options
    "When you call me by that name and gender, it hurts my feelings. That's why I seem down."

That sounds good.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

"I know it's hard to adjust to but this is hurting me" ?

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Mim wrote: »
    You know what I realized? We don't have female to male trans people in [chat].

I wonder why this is..

Late, but an interesting theory I heard posited is that the nature of society for people the right age for these forums (20s-30s+) - there are many more boys who were playing video games back in the 80s and early 90s than there were girls, due to societal norms.

So it is very likely in the coming decades, since girls are not nearly as shunned from gaming as they once were, that we will see an equalization of representatives from FtM and MtF.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

Not really. But I'm not a fan of stating my dissatisfaction diplomatically.

I basically either shut up or not.

Calmly and coldly tell them all the reasons why they, your parents, who should be the people who love you and wish nothing bad for you, are what is bringing you misery. Is more what I would do.

That or just fucking off to somewhere else if I couldn't do that.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Well, you could try just telling them exactly that.

...But I have called people out on that stuff before, and some of them just DO NOT get it. It's super frustrating and hurtful!

It's a hard topic to communicate with some people, but maybe if you are earnest enough, it will get through to them?

• Options
    I don't know if you want to bring this up to them, but it seems like you are also hurt that they visited your sister after the way she's treated you.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

Well, you could try just telling them exactly that.

...But I have called people out on that stuff before, and some of them just DO NOT get it. It's super frustrating and hurtful!

It's a hard topic to communicate with some people, but maybe if you are earnest enough, it will get through to them?

Please note, I have not had this conversation with my parents, so take it with a grain of salt.

It does sound like your parents will come around at some point, but you might need to "help" them with that. Which probably means some awkward conversations.

Bleh. I don't really know what I am talking about, though. I still have to give my family the "I didn't call you on Christmas" phonecall...

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    tumblr_nefdzx5Nic1qdzszpo1_1280.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I mean not actually saying that subordinate clause.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    nope

• Options
    I don't know if you want to bring this up to them, but it seems like you are also hurt that they visited your sister after the way she's treated you.

I'm not hurt they visited my sister. I'm hurt by how my parents treat me, and how my sister has reacted. I get wanting to see their other daughter, I just wish they weren't embarrassed by my existence among other things.

• Options
    Why cant I have a Sci-Fi jrpg that gets finished.

:(

• Options

I'm not hurt they visited my sister. I'm hurt by how my parents treat me, and how my sister has reacted. I get wanting to see their other daughter, I just wish they weren't embarrassed by my existence among other things.

Have you told them that?

This discussion has been closed.