As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Grapple Jack - badass.

That is all.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Not-Cortana is a thing.

7gsmY1Y.png

They made a Sims character into a Halo AI?

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm glad Master Chief will have an AI companion with this. It's always a good dynamic.

Also, the new AI is a callback to this exchange from Halo 4:
    Cortana: "They'll pair you with another AI. Maybe even another Cortana model if Halsey lets them."
    John-117: "That's not going to happen."
    Cortana: "It won't be me, you know that, right?"

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I know it's super low priority for most people, but I still hope they eventually add local multiplayer to MCC.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm very interested to see how they thread the needle of being a sequel to Halo 5 while also writing in such a way as to pretty much ignore/ overturn all the unpopular parts of Halo 5. I'm gonna need some kind of explanation for where the SEVEN other playable characters from 5 got to, for one thing.

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Man that Brute ‘rocket launcher’ that just launches the massive spike into the side of the warthog had me tingling in all the right places.

It seems like the fun physics are being put on display in that MP trailer. Gonna be lots of fun trying to master the alley-oop with a buddy.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Battlepasses in Halo Infinite don't expire.

Fucking finally. This is something I've wanted for awhile.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like that this not cortana wears clothes.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-O7OuliQRY&t=10s

Mulitplayer overview for Halo infinite!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh sick, they've got like Anthem style material selection for armor customization.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Oh sick, they've got like Anthem style material selection for armor customization.

I thought that was a cool customization option in Anthem, nice to see it making its way to other places.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Halo 1 now has mod tools for Master Chief Collection!
    https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/976730/view/3007823106801144958

These are the same tools as used for Halo Custom Edition. I spent countless hours with these tools, back in the day.

Arteen on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    After never being able to play a Spartan Ops mission in MCC beyond the very first one, 343 Support got back in touch with me and figured out how to get them working!

I'd forgotten how nasty these missions are. I think they're permanently balanced for four players with infinite respawns.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Huh so thats what that 9 gigabyte fuckoff patch in Steam was probably for huh

CE's mod scene was definitely wild. Remember them getting a version of the Battle Rifle in, burst fire and everything

• Options
    The support Master Chief Collection is getting is unbelievable. Anyone who hasn't checked it out lately should browse through all of the customization options they've added. Every season brings new armor customization, new weapon and vehicle skins, new player banners and so forth. A lot of the customization options weren't even available in the original games, like legs, forearms, and undersuits for Halo 3.

This latest update brought over two maps from the Russian "Halo Online" game into Halo 3. Halo 3 has two new DLC maps!

Microsoft also finally went back through Halo CE and fixed up some of the graphical downgrades that happened when going from Halo 1 Xbox to Halo 1 PC. Most obvious is the teleporter VFX in multiplayer. Funnily enough, a couple of the map preview images are now out-of-date because they still show the old VFX.

• Options
    Just got my invite for the Infinite flight this weekend.

I am excite, so excite.

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    Just got my invite for the Infinite flight this weekend.

I am excite, so excite.

Me too, probably won't have time to try it, but it's nice to have the option if my plans change.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If you aren't in the Insider ring yet, sign up here for the next flight test invite
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/halo-insider

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Pumped to try out new Halo. Got the announcement in my email but haven't seen a code/invite come through on Waypoint yet.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Infinite flight
    this game is a hell of a lot faster than I expected. Guns do a lot of damage and you move really fast, they tightened up movement speed so sprint is only about 10% faster than normal running now

It's fun, but it feels like they really really turned down auto-aim (playing on base Xbox One, for some reason I didn't get a pc invite :/ )

• Options
    What sensitivity are you all using for the beta?

I'm on 4.5

• Options
    Also the odst bots are quite the challenge.

• Options
    I cranked mine to 10 and it still feels slow sometimes. I'm used to playing Apex and Titanfall right now and this is taking some adjustment.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Yeah definitely combat is faster paced, and almost all the weapons feel useful, outside the shotgun which feels lacking.

Loving the look of the game so far, hopefully try out the grapple tonight.

The PC performance is rough though, so much so, I’m pretty sure it’s intentional and they want to see the differences amongst hardware.

Dixon on
  • Options
    Dixon wrote: »
    Yeah definitely combat is faster paced, and almost all the weapons feel useful, outside the shotgun which feels lacking.

Loving the look of the game so far, hopefully try out the grapple tonight.

The PC performance is rough though, so much so, I’m pretty sure it’s intentional and they want to see the differences amongst hardware.

I'm playing on an Xbox series s and the only performance issue I've seen is the pop in of objects during the academy levels.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    EDIT: sorry for angryposting

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Wow kinda dumb they only did an hour long test

• Options
    Wow kinda dumb they only did an hour long test

Well I was wrong and I didn't mean to besmirch the good name of 343 studios
    they did it for 2 hours :rotate:

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Didn't get an invite myself but I watched a streamer playing it and they ran into some very 'interesting' bugs, graphical glitches, lock-ups, and crashes.
    Definitely very early alpha code, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed again.

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Are they sticking to no aim down sight?

I am replaying 5 and it makes me sad pretty much every change from this is getting taken away for the purity of no changes.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    There's definitely ADS, though it's not as obvious as say, COD or Apex. You get a zoomed in view down the barrel of the Assault Rifle for instance.

Overall I liked what I saw. Bots were surprisingly fun to play against, even if they were pretty easy. Movement is a good step forward but lacks the seamlessness of Apex. I put in a ticket noting that you could reload while sprinting and reload while sliding, but if you were reloading and started a slide the reload would cancel. Cleaning up small stuff like that would make the experience a lot better.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I am replaying 5 and it makes me sad pretty much every change from this is getting taken away for the purity of no changes.

Depends on the gun

For the AR and weapons without a sight, you zoom in but don't look down the sight of a rifle.

For guns with a sight like the BR and the new commando, there is ADS but it's zoomed and looks like a scope view.

Basically the days of running the AR with the cog sight are gone.

• Options
    Karl wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Depends on the gun

For the AR and weapons without a sight, you zoom in but don't look down the sight of a rifle.

For guns with a sight like the BR and the new commando, there is ADS but it's zoomed and looks like a scope view.

Basically the days of running the AR with the cog sight are gone.

That's better than nothing. For me its just as an fps player I like being able to go into "aimed" mode even if its just purely visual and doesn't provide a benefit.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited August 2021
    Can you still actually operate the gun while zoomed in though? Because the Halo games have always had a zoom function with non-scoped weapons like the assault rifle, it was just vestigial as fuck because you couldn't actually do anything in that mode
    Which, like. Why did they even bother

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Can you still actually operate the gun while zoomed in though? Because the Halo games have always had a zoom function with non-scoped weapons like the assault rifle, it was just vestigial as fuck because you couldn't actually do anything in that mode
    Which, like. Why did they even bother
    It wasn't a weapon scope, it was visor binocs. It was there so you could get a closer look at things that were far away.

• Options
    potato potahto

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Yes, you can shoot while ADS/zoomed with all weapons.

mRahmani on
  • Options
    There's a very loud, probably very small contingent of Halo fans who want only Halo 2 and believe Halo should never move beyond that in any way.

For what it's worth I thought Halo 5's core gameplay was a great modernization of the Halo formula and I liked the sprinting, dashing, mantling, ADS and so forth.

• Options
    I loved being able to run the AR with different sights. The basic AR + recon sight was my fav way to run it.

BUT NOW ITS GONE.

Though at least Halo infinite is giving us an AR that looks like the MA37 from Halo Reach. That was my fav version of the AR. Looked the best.