As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite Multi available now for everyone!

1757678808185

Posts

  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    So are the normal weekly challenges finite?

    Yeah. I'm down to four of them. You have to do them all to get fancy stuff. It looks like they want to drive monetization of swap packs.

  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Man, the pulse carbine seems to really, really suck.

    Yeah, certain weapons seem to almost deliberately suck, like someone on the dev team resented having to make them. The plasma pistol continues its long tradition of occupying space until you get any other gun, the Hydra takes four direct rocket hits to kill someone from full health, and the plasma carbine doesn't track enough to make up for its light dusting of damage

    It's the same with certain maps! I think Behemoth sucks actually, I never have fun on that map on any game mode, and I think part of that is the extremely small 4v4 squad size. In a 6v6 it might be interesting! Same with a few other maps, the like one-flag CTF map? I love the idea of an attack/defense mode, but in 4v4 in a map that big? God no

    The small team size feels like evidence of their whole Halo esports push, which feels like a huge mistake to me

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I just got down to the final event challenge of the week, which is get ten headshots in Fiesta, which is going to take a while because everyone is using weapons they don't need to get headshots with. I just played a game and got... zero.

  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    august wrote: »
    I just got down to the final event challenge of the week, which is get ten headshots in Fiesta, which is going to take a while because everyone is using weapons they don't need to get headshots with. I just played a game and got... zero.

    Just wait for it to be a wide open map like behemoth and either snipe or just use a battle rifle

    I've actually had pretty good luck three tapping with the electric sniper too

    Local H Jay on
    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I've actually had a lot of success with the pulse carbine, but it requires your enemies to be avoiding you.

    What do you mean avoiding you? If the enemy is moving at all the gun just seems to miss. I 3 stared all the training modes for it so I get I need to lead and have a feel for it but in practice it just doesn’t hit bullets against other players

    616610-1.png
  • FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Registered User regular
    My only success with the pulse carbine is if I have a shield in front of me and they run directly at me.

    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I've actually had a lot of success with the pulse carbine, but it requires your enemies to be avoiding you.

    What do you mean avoiding you? If the enemy is moving at all the gun just seems to miss. I 3 stared all the training modes for it so I get I need to lead and have a feel for it but in practice it just doesn’t hit bullets against other players

    Like, backing up instead of out of the line of fire. It goes around corners a bit, too. It's basically a "oh no you don't get to withdraw" weapon.

  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I know we're all sort of in agreement that the challenges are bad but I just want to vent

    I have a challenge for "complete 1 stockpile match." Not even win! Just complete. Now in another game this might be a reward for playing a game mode I don't normally, an encouragement to play more objective modes or else just to try something different. But in Halo Infinite I can't choose to play stockpile, I have to choose big team battle and hope I get stockpile, leading to me playing for a long time trying to get stockpile and missing the dice roll of matchmaking every time

    This isn't encouraging me to try a new mode, it's encouraging me to roll a dice for a while to try and complete a challenge. And if I wanted to be efficient about it, what I'd do is matchmake, get CTF or Slayer for the umpteenth time, and just immediately leave and reroll. Which is irritating for me, because it wastes my time, and irritating for people playing because it basically makes them down a player for a while as it finds someone else to fill my slot! And that's assuming that leaving doesn't punish me in any way, which if it does, then I'm essentially forced to play matches that I don't really want to play just in the hopes that I'll get the one that will complete the challenge

    It feels like the person designing the challenges didn't talk to the rest of the team, basically

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    IncenjucarshoeboxjeddyZombie Gandhi
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I get the overall impression that whoever is in charge now did not play or like previous Halo games and doesn't understand why they always had a baseline of achievable challenges alongside the difficult ones, and tied the progression of your stuff to a mix instead of literally everything. It's hostile design.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    Man, the pulse carbine seems to really, really suck.

    Yeah, certain weapons seem to almost deliberately suck, like someone on the dev team resented having to make them. The plasma pistol continues its long tradition of occupying space until you get any other gun, the Hydra takes four direct rocket hits to kill someone from full health, and the plasma carbine doesn't track enough to make up for its light dusting of damage
    What? Plasma Pistol does one thing, but that one thing it does is strip shields, and it does that better than anything else. It's always been a useful gun.
    If you hit full bursts with the plasma carbine, it will straight up kill in two bursts. It's definitely pretty hard to get those shots to hit, but it's not a light dusting of damage.

  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    Man, the pulse carbine seems to really, really suck.

    Yeah, certain weapons seem to almost deliberately suck, like someone on the dev team resented having to make them. The plasma pistol continues its long tradition of occupying space until you get any other gun, the Hydra takes four direct rocket hits to kill someone from full health, and the plasma carbine doesn't track enough to make up for its light dusting of damage
    What? Plasma Pistol does one thing, but that one thing it does is strip shields, and it does that better than anything else. It's always been a useful gun.
    If you hit full bursts with the plasma carbine, it will straight up kill in two bursts. It's definitely pretty hard to get those shots to hit, but it's not a light dusting of damage.

    Here's the thing though, you know what else strips shields real good?

    Any other plasma weapon

    Outside of occasionally using the homing charge shot in Halo 1, I have never willingly used a plasma pistol and I never will

    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    Man, the pulse carbine seems to really, really suck.

    Yeah, certain weapons seem to almost deliberately suck, like someone on the dev team resented having to make them. The plasma pistol continues its long tradition of occupying space until you get any other gun, the Hydra takes four direct rocket hits to kill someone from full health, and the plasma carbine doesn't track enough to make up for its light dusting of damage
    What? Plasma Pistol does one thing, but that one thing it does is strip shields, and it does that better than anything else. It's always been a useful gun.
    If you hit full bursts with the plasma carbine, it will straight up kill in two bursts. It's definitely pretty hard to get those shots to hit, but it's not a light dusting of damage.

    Here's the thing though, you know what else strips shields real good?

    Any other plasma weapon

    Outside of occasionally using the homing charge shot in Halo 1, I have never willingly used a plasma pistol and I never will

    Are you talking in campaign too? It also stuns vehicles, which is extremely good in certain circumstances.

    BRIAN BLESSED
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    It doesn't EMP vehicles anymore, only electric weapons and grenades do that now

    IncenjucarBRIAN BLESSEDOlivaw
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woof, challenge of winning 3 total control games is my last challenge. That's gonna take quite awhile. Not guaranteed to get the mode, first of all, and if I do, there's not really much I can do personally to ensure a victory, it's entirely dependent on matchmaking whether I'll get a win or not. Oh well, at least big team battle is fun to play.

    SijLqhH.png
    Steam: stabbitystyle | uPlay: stabbitystyle | b.net: Stabbity#1528 | XBL: Stabbity Style | PSN: Stabbity_Style | Twitch: stabbitystyle
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Played my first fiesta game today.

    It's chaos and I love it.

    Zonugal
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    I have absolutely put a whole clip of pulse carbine into someone and they didn’t give a shit

    cursedking on
    Olivaw
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    When I had a challenge to get 3 kills with a pulse carbine, between not all maps having one, not always being able to get one if the map had one due to spawn location or weapon cooldown, and needing to soften enemies with another weapon before I could swap to the pulse carbine and get kills with it, it took me at least 10 matches of concentrating on getting those 3 kills to actually get them.

    Opty on
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah my last weekly is 3 oddball games and it sucks. I played 10 matches last night and it pulled once and we lost. I can only beat so many people in the skull with a skull.

  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    I played SO much fiesta yesterday and I’m fairly confident in saying that the worst weapon in the game is easily the pulse carbine followed shortly by the ravager.

    However, I managed to find a useful niche in the hydra; the lockon, combined with the speed of the rockets, means you are actually a long range threat in a way that the rocket launcher isn’t. The only weapons that can challenge you are the sniper and shock rifle, really, maybe the stalker rifle. It’s ok for anti vehicle work, too, if you get the jump on them.

    Dixon
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    Played a match with a player who went 32-3 in Quick Play Slayer and I felt like Master Chief was actually on my team. Yes, they abused power weapons, but it was a symphony. I felt I contributed by softening up targets and dying in their place, but it felt very strange to watch this person just cut through everything in a game that seems designed to not let you go on a rampage in 4v4 no vehicles.

    Got the Samurai armor, but the best pieces are RMT and I feel they went a bit too hard in that direction. Kinda soured me a bit

    Zombie Gandhi on
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Played a match with a player who went 32-3 in Quick Play Slayer and I felt like Master Chief was actually on my team. Yes, they abused power weapons, but it was a symphony. I felt I contributed by softening up targets and dying in their place, but it felt very strange to watch this person just cut through everything in a game that seems designed to not let you go on a rampage in 4v4 no vehicles.

    Got the Samurai armor, but the best pieces are RMT and I feel they went a bit too hard in that direction. Kinda soured me a bit

    I dunno. I feel halo 4v4 let’s you go on a rampage more than most other games because if you’re better you can win every fight and deny them power weapons. There’s no kill streak or ultimates to shut you down.

    I was in a lobby where we were clearly so much better than the other team that my team started farming kills in odd ball. I didn’t want to be a goody goody dweeb so I joined in like an asshole and our entire team went like 24-4.

    616610-1.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

    AvalonGuardIncenjucar
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    The repulsor is rad, high jumping with it is so useful mid fight.

    Crippl3
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Final weekly challenge is to win three ranked matches, first try the game only put three people on our team because fuck us I guess. A few minutes in one of the three people on our team wisely gives up and goes afk and then gets booted.

  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    God I wish I had that challenge, mine was get FIVE killing sprees in fiesta.

    Took me almost four hours of dedicated play to finish it!

  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I had a good game and got 4 killing sprees in my 2nd fiesta to finish that one.

    That was my last weekly challenge which makes it bittersweet. Now I'm beautiful with the palette equipped but no more challenge exp...

    Also I am loving the Skewer.

    Local H JayZombie GandhiDys
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 25
    Have just one more ranked win, one of our teammates dropped and the enemy team is ahead by one (it's ctf) so there's no reason to even try at this point. I'm having a seat and typing this out.

    august on
  • DysDys Registered User regular
    Man, I didn't know some of the challenges were that hard. Worst I've had (that I used swaps on) were 10 Ravager kills and capture a flag.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    Man, the pulse carbine seems to really, really suck.

    Yeah, certain weapons seem to almost deliberately suck, like someone on the dev team resented having to make them. The plasma pistol continues its long tradition of occupying space until you get any other gun, the Hydra takes four direct rocket hits to kill someone from full health, and the plasma carbine doesn't track enough to make up for its light dusting of damage
    What? Plasma Pistol does one thing, but that one thing it does is strip shields, and it does that better than anything else. It's always been a useful gun.
    If you hit full bursts with the plasma carbine, it will straight up kill in two bursts. It's definitely pretty hard to get those shots to hit, but it's not a light dusting of damage.

    Here's the thing though, you know what else strips shields real good?

    Any other plasma weapon

    Outside of occasionally using the homing charge shot in Halo 1, I have never willingly used a plasma pistol and I never will
    None of the other plasma weapons are just peek for half a second, release a homing bolt, and completely strip their entire shield. The noob combo is infamous for a reason.

  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The plasma pistol is severely nerfed from the previous games, it has very little tracking now (and I don't think it EMPs vehicles)

    The new damage typing does confuse me a bit. Before it was Covenant Weapons Good against Shields, bad against Flesh, and Human Weapons Bad against Shields but good at raw targets. Now I seems Shock weapons took over the shield pop/vehicle Emp role and the Brute weapons feel all over the place. Very confused about the typing but then again I didn't do the tutorial so maybe that's on me.

    Also... Where is the Brute Shot. We finally get better melees with bayonets and this is how it goes down?

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    BRIAN BLESSED
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    cB557DixonBloodySlothZombie Gandhi
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    God I wish I had that challenge, mine was get FIVE killing sprees in fiesta.

    Took me almost four hours of dedicated play to finish it!

    Yeah I just got to that, I forgot it doesn't show your "ultimate challenge" until you complete everything else.

  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ahhh that was the ultimate challenge? I forgot about that, I was wondering why it was giving me one challenge at a time.

  • DysDys Registered User regular
    The plasma pistol is severely nerfed from the previous games, it has very little tracking now (and I don't think it EMPs vehicles)

    The new damage typing does confuse me a bit. Before it was Covenant Weapons Good against Shields, bad against Flesh, and Human Weapons Bad against Shields but good at raw targets. Now I seems Shock weapons took over the shield pop/vehicle Emp role and the Brute weapons feel all over the place. Very confused about the typing but then again I didn't do the tutorial so maybe that's on me.

    Also... Where is the Brute Shot. We finally get better melees with bayonets and this is how it goes down?

    I think the cindershot might be the spiritual successor to it, actually.

    Although, I think there's room to add it in. A different grenade launcher without the bounce or gravity effect would be neat. Maybe a different fire rate to really differentiate it.

    cB557
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Was playing a round, and this one person on the other team was on point.

    During the match I got the drop on them and lunged from behind but they ducked right as I was about to connect and turned around and repulsed me.

    I didn’t realize you could duck a lunge swing like that.

    Local H Jay
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Unfortunately the most efficient way to get "five killing sprees" is to get 5 kills, then allow yourself to die. I got on a 10+ streak and it only counted as 1/5.

  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    I'm glad other people are having problems with team colors and telling players apart. The shields just aren't enough.

    A big gripe I'm having right now re: challenges is that the Fiesta mode apparently doesn't count towards the "kill X enemy Spartans with Y weapon in PvP" ones. So I have to leave that playlist and screw around in another one to make progress. And yet sometimes the Bot playlist counts as PvP matches for the purposes of these!

    I have a "kill 3 enemies with the Mauler" challenge that's been sitting there for forever. I can't get a frickin' kill with this thing at all.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I had those count in fiesta mode. But I admit could have gotten lucky.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    Have just one more ranked win, one of our teammates dropped and the enemy team is ahead by one (it's ctf) so there's no reason to even try at this point. I'm having a seat and typing this out.

    Supposedly its performance based ranking - I haven't done a lot of games but it looks like I certainly lose less points in matches when there is an obvious potato on our team

    PSN SeGaTai
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    I'm glad other people are having problems with team colors and telling players apart. The shields just aren't enough.

    A big gripe I'm having right now re: challenges is that the Fiesta mode apparently doesn't count towards the "kill X enemy Spartans with Y weapon in PvP" ones. So I have to leave that playlist and screw around in another one to make progress. And yet sometimes the Bot playlist counts as PvP matches for the purposes of these!

    I have a "kill 3 enemies with the Mauler" challenge that's been sitting there for forever. I can't get a frickin' kill with this thing at all.

    Pop into your settings, under UI put the enemy team as pineapple. Works great.

    ObiFett
Sign In or Register to comment.