As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Halo Infinite/SplitGate] Halo Infinite available now! Closed Spoilers for story

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    p
    Fuck. I was about to finish two annoying challenges right before my boost ran out but the sever crashed and now the game says there is no internet. Booo.

Quick resume doesnt work most of the time just hard close and reopen the game

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    My kingdom for 6v6 on launch site please

I need more bigger team match variation

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Random thought: buff the plasma carbine projectile so it holds the same tracking capability as the needler

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    thanks for the tip it had to be specific marked cans found a couple smartie flavored rockstars

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    Pro tip: don’t waste a challenge swap on a gungoose challenge.

It will spawn on your next BTB match and you’ll go on a killing spree with that bundle of joy.

Also for anyone wondering how the rockstar promo goes. You create an account on their site (naturally as everything wants you shit now) and each code you enter gets you unlocks. What's nice is you can click a button on their site to auto put it on to the xbox

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I'm honestly kinda confused as to what the point of the motion tracker is even supposed to be with the range this short. Somebody can sprint up behind you and easily melee you to death before the blip hits the radar, leaving you wondering how the fuck somebody teleported into melee range with no warning. The range seems to be roughly six feet, so somebody half the circle away is in melee range already.

I really feel like this ultra-short-range radar is more distraction than tool. You're better off just keeping your eyes on the screen than basically ever checking the motion tracker, as anything close enough to be on the motion tracker is practically right next to you already.

I'm honestly kinda confused as to what the point of the motion tracker is even supposed to be with the range this short. Somebody can sprint up behind you and easily melee you to death before the blip hits the radar, leaving you wondering how the fuck somebody teleported into melee range with no warning. The range seems to be roughly six feet, so somebody half the circle away is in melee range already.

I really feel like this ultra-short-range radar is more distraction than tool. You're better off just keeping your eyes on the screen than basically ever checking the motion tracker, as anything close enough to be on the motion tracker is practically right next to you already.

I honestly rarely ever look at it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I do a lot of crawlin, and the motion tracker is my most dependable ally.

It’s got so many uses and you can fake people out with it knowing they are watching it also.

I love fake the escape around a corner, crawl back to the corner and they get the melee right as they round it, as they think you kept running.

Dixon on
    After getting like 5 carbine kills I finally got one to fucking count!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I think they nerfed the motion tracker to make the sensor ability more useful. Which is.. awful design.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I think they nerfed the motion tracker to make the sensor ability more useful. Which is.. awful design.

Especially because the Sensor sucks ass

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    So as the biggest anti carbine person in the world…

I think it might actually be pretty great as the new plasma pistol. Some dude was wrecking me by hitting a burst then swapping so I started doing the same and yeah it’s pretty good

616610-1.png
    Disrupter wrote: »

I think it might actually be pretty great as the new plasma pistol. Some dude was wrecking me by hitting a burst then swapping so I started doing the same and yeah it’s pretty good

That's all fine and good but they still have challenges for kills with it so...

• FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sensor radius really needs to be doubled or something.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Finally got that amazon code from their rockstar promotion, if you're looking for swaps that might be a good source, $15-ish 12 pack gets you a code for 36 swaps, + 24 double xp boosts, and either 18 more swaps and the skins or 24 more swaps from the cans if my math is right

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

The plasma pistol is still here, though, and is still great at what it does.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I realized I don't like the samurai armor because it makes you look like a stupid evil security goon for a cyberpunk zaibatsu who only exists to be sliced in half by an anime protagonist.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Especially because the Sensor sucks ass

Ah, good, I couldn't tell if it was broken or if it's just really, really shitty.

I actually don't even know what it does when it detects somebody because it's so short-lived and short-range that I've yet to have it launched at a spot where somebody actually walked through the range.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

Yes but the plasma pistol is a bit more all or nothing. It’s def better at longer ranges than the carbine (oddly enough..) but if my charge shot whiffs I’m screwed.

Carbine I can fire a burst and another if I need and still have time to swap to finish. I wonder how many carbine bolts have to hit to fully pop a shield? I don’t think all 3.

Admittedly I haven’t used the plasma pistol much. It seemed like it was hard to use well and would frustrate me when it missed.

616610-1.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Yes but the plasma pistol is a bit more all or nothing. It’s def better at longer ranges than the carbine (oddly enough..) but if my charge shot whiffs I’m screwed.

Carbine I can fire a burst and another if I need and still have time to swap to finish. I wonder how many carbine bolts have to hit to fully pop a shield? I don’t think all 3.

Admittedly I haven’t used the plasma pistol much. It seemed like it was hard to use well and would frustrate me when it missed.

I feel like the fight would already be over after 2x plasma carbine bursts and a weapon switch.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    If you are fighting at point blank, yes, but the carbine works well at medium range, and is much better at surprising people, what with the not having to charge it.

The pistol isn't bad for anti-shield work either.

It would be nice if either weapon could kill, and my condolences to anyone without a swap stuck on a challenge for either.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Yeah like I’m honestly better off trying to close any and all gaps and melee than I am using the carbine. The weird part is I see hit markers all over dudes and they don’t die sometimes (they never die, just sometimes I see hit markers)

Also I find it funny how much people are worried about the progression because I care literally zero about it. Halo 1 didn’t have cosmetics and that’s the best halo!

I plan on riding my default skin and everything else for all of halo infinite

Once I get all the ODST armor pieces there are I don't care at all about any other cosmetics. Sadly it'll be a while since they are all in the battle pass level 60's.

Same. I don't know how they're going to top ODST armour in the next season.

I will say the rockstar AR skin is pretty sweet looking not going to lie.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Have two weeklies for stronghold, only get capture the flag, oddball, and slayer matches.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Have two weeklies for stronghold, only get capture the flag, oddball, and slayer matches.

Literally the same for me.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I get why they don't let you select the game mode because like 90% of people would play slayer outside of challenges, but so? You've got bots let us select shit for our weeklies!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Ultimate is to win 17 PvP matches

Thats too many to expect someone to win after they've done all their weeklies

ObiFett wrote: »

Yeah, should be half that or simply 17 matches played. Also, kinda an arbitrary number?

Wait win? Holy shit Welp that's going to be a whole day at the very min.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    First match of the day and I got a stronghold. Fucking stressed as hell since I had both complete a stronghold AND win a stronghold challenges. I'd used a boost before starting too.

Won the thing and thus completed four challenges at once which gave me two full battlepass levels with the double xp.

I still think the double XPs should be just game time not menu and loading. Or a set number of matches.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

lion learns to hunt with sword

https://youtu.be/1j_7n4jCsyA

This makes me relieved I logged in on Tuesday, looked at the emblem and decided I didn't want it.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Yeah, should be half that or simply 17 matches played. Also, kinda an arbitrary number?

It's called Number 1

Win 17 Matches

Master Chief's spartan number

SniperGuy wrote: »

It's called Number 1

Win 17 Matches

Master Chief's spartan number

Neat.

change it

I mean I guess thankfully its just an emblem, but still 17 wins is a big ask, though do bot matches count?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I have the battle pass and bought a pack of rockstar so I could make my warthog shiny, but I had plenty of skips and was able to get pretty easy weeklies so I'm already 3-4 wins into the 17 games and I have like 5 days left so that doesn't seem terribly arduous to me. But not everyone gets the same amount of playtime and if you go on a bad luck streak and don't win, that sucks. I do like that they have a challenge that encourages folks to actually win games but that will be frustrating when paired with folks who aren't there yet.

Definitely need to make winning games give bonus XP, but not make it a giant challenge I think.

Also there's apparently a big desync issue that reddit is taking about which makes things feel worse in some areas.

Got 4 more cans of rockstar, so when I feel like hastening my rush into oblivion I'm set!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Yeah Kill an Enemy Wasp and Win 3 Total Control matches are hitting the desire to play.

Yes yes old Halo you played for fun, but seriously? I am becoming the toxic player who drops at the start of a non-Total Control match now.

Didn't they give everyone a few swaps/one double XP today