As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Game of the Year season in the [Giant Bomb] thread

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Rorie morphing into a dog...

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Troy baker seems like a solid dude

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Yes!!!

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Goddamn, Rorrie and Dan's bits.

Goddamn.

• Options
    I wonder if the tight group of cartoon voice actors is friendly with the traditionally game ones

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Haha Lockdown is such a great song.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Somewhat disappointed if not surprised at their GOTY. Was hoping for Bayonetta.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Good pick for goty. It's been a lean year on games that aren't broken or deeply flawed.

No I don't.
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    people that just watch the recap video and don't slog through the podcast to hear the discussion first are no true fans

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    people that just watch the recap video and don't slog through the podcast to hear the discussion first are no true fans

Sounds like they're just more efficient fans

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    people that just watch the recap video and don't slog through the podcast to hear the discussion first have children

No I don't.
  • Options
    what if I watch the skit bits of the recap video and save the podcast discussions for later in the day?

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    what if I watch the skit bits of the recap video and save the podcast discussions for later in the day?

acceptable

• Options
    edited December 2014
    When I listen to the goty podcasts I don't care about what won. I care about how it won. It's a mystery story, where I have to piece together the events that lead to whatever.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    DESTINY IN THE TOP TEN, BAYBAY

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Please Stop runner-up: Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog

• Options
    Yeah I actually couldn't care less what their GOTY rankings are

but I like hearing them talk about it

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »

how

• Options
    See thats what I'm talking about

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    I am imagining that Brad only relented on Dota 2 talk if Destiny could get on the list.

• Options
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Aw man that's a huge blow

that said they weren't really able to integrate him in to the site at large especially well

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Does that happen in the podcast? Bummer! I know the duder had talked about doing an embedded in depth book someplace. Hope it goes well for him.

• Options
    Well, that makes this from last week make more sense

2fjl2fch4rat.png

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    why'd you highlight blunt, chincy

HUH??

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Good pick for goty. It's been a lean year on games that aren't broken or deeply flawed.

I have been hearing the lean year thing a lot about 2014 and I am just not seeing it.

I think maybe the glut of busted triple A titles at the year end are maybe coloring people's view of the whole year? But I played a grip of fun stuff this year.

• Options
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I just saw that line of tweets and here's my reaction almost verbatim:

UH WHAT.

It's a huge shock, and I'll be sad to see him go. Eager to see something from Patrick himself about this.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    definitely had the the largest amount of AAA busts I can remember

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Not too surprising really, he was kind of isolated from the rest of crew in Chicago

On site that's built on the interactions between the various personalities, it was always gonna be tough for him to be part of that in a meaningful way.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Joint Ops

Blunt Trauma

• Options
    The Betman wrote: »
    why'd you highlight blunt, chincy

HUH??

I was trying to find it on his page and remembered his phrasing so I search- I MEAN ITS CAUSE I SMOKE SO MUCH DANK KUSH

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I have been hearing the lean year thing a lot about 2014 and I am just not seeing it.

I think maybe the glut of busted triple A titles at the year end are maybe coloring people's view of the whole year? But I played a grip of fun stuff this year.

Yeah I had a really hard time narrowing it to 10, it was a great year

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

I think it's that big stuff dominates the conversation a lot of the time, so if a bunch of big games end up being busted or terrible or what have you the year as a whole looks worse than it actually was.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I'm really surprised Wolfenstein isn't on their list.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    man a top ten with
    Destiny and Hearthstone is a top ten that is...not aligned with my interests

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I just saw that line of tweets and here's my reaction almost verbatim:

UH WHAT.

It's a huge shock, and I'll be sad to see him go. Eager to see something from Patrick himself about this.

@Larsbrook go to the very end of the day five podcast

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    I'm not sure where the announcement that Patrick is leaving is - the only mention of it I can find is on Alex's twitter. Nothing on Patrick's Tumblr, nothing on his Twitter, and nothing on the site itself. Is it buried in one of the videos, or am I missing something?

• Options
    DragonHustleDragonHustle Registered User regular
    Patrick's writing is actually what got me interested in Giant Bomb in the first place, so this is a bummer for me. It makes sense since he's isolated from GB all the way in Chicago, and I always kind of got the vibe that he'd want to move on at some point, but it still comes as a surprise. I don't think that anyone can really replace him, but I hope the crew keep what Patrick brought to the table in mind when picking their new news person.

This discussion has been closed.