As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Games Done Quick channel has uploaded higher quality videos of each run, and in some cases certain sound or video issues may have been cleared up (no guarantees).

Not going to bother going through the OP and adding like 20 new links, but just an fyi.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    As we don't have a general speedrunning thread that I know of, for all youse pleasure:

JRTA Marathon is currently running

- Cool people playing very Japanese games very fast, currently featuring Goemon:

A handy dandy scheduledesunee

https://horaro.org/jrta2/schedule

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Thanks man, i'll be sure to check it out.

Also yes on making this the general speedrunning thread? @Bobkins Flymo

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    It basically was and the marathons took over. So it already should be a general thread.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    There's also the HayaiKawaiiMarathon where they raise funds for some of their members to be able to travel to GDQs and do their runs, and it's live now.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    oh cool i know hiddendistance will be runing la-mulana for that

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    This thread was the speedrunning thread, but basically had no life in it except twice a year for GDQ.

If you want to post other speedrunning stuff that's fine.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I've got holidays that occur over next years AGDQ. This may or may not be a coincidence

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Currently featuring Fortified Zone With Conspicuous Background Trashbear.

Coming Up:

Zelda But With Girls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwy_rTxfQa8

Wait I thought Zelda was a girl

Zephiran on
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Zallard1 with the new sub 16 Mike Tyson Punchout record!

vod

• Options
  • Options
    In nonevent news I got a new PB in Nuclear Throne. The hunt for Sub 5 continues.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9jFTHH_i6M"

• Options
    We're also less than three weeks away from AGDQ 2016!

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    And I'm still not caught up on SGDQ 2015!

Or AGDQ 2015 for that matter.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

HAY R U ME?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Maz- wrote: »

HAY R U ME?

Probably.

Actually, looking at the SGDQ schedule I think I actually watched more than I thought. I think I'll just watch Chrono Trigger and leave it at that.

• Options
  • Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    AGDQ 2016 schedule is up.

here

Holy shit, so much good stuff. Can't wait for the Super Mario Maker race.

• Options
    I think it can go well or it can go 8 screens no names

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Yeah, the "whose screen should I watch" thing is always kind of a problem with races.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    If you want to hear guys complain about how awful they are yet absolutely crush a video game to within an inch of its life, be sure to watch the Super Mario 64 3-way race on the first day. All three runners are as high-level as it gets

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Eight racers is actually awful because races tend to be prone to the most technical issues and throwing another four tvs in there does not help things.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    seems like the format is a relay race between the two teams

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    We're five days away! OP is being updated for the new marathon, so some information like non-English restreams may be outdated.

Can two million be achieved? Only time will tell.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Oh mannnnnn AGDQ I totally forgot about this. I never even finished catching up on SGDQ but this will be so appreciated for my first full work week in 2 weeks.

Think I might go watch the sands of time run from sgdq again to get excited.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Final schedule with the handy time zone converter is now up.

As always, many of the runs I'm interested in are taking place in the middle of the night.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Now to see the next round of epic shirts on offer.

I wish I hadn't passed on the Metroid kill/save glow in the dark one, and I think there was another that glowed I had an eye on.

But contributions were made anyway, and I too hope we can vanquish the $2m target this time around.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    The Mario maker section will either be glorious or a disaster. Which means either way it's a can't miss.

Also what is this ff4 no stairs glitch run by someone I am not familiar with? I am intrigued.

Amazing how every year they manage to step up everything somehow.

• Options
    My cat just ruined my AGDQ2015 shirt which I really loved, so I'm excited to pick up a couple new shirts.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Huh, Splatoon being on the list I did not expect at all, though yeah I guess it has single player (that really everyone does eventually for the unlocks, but...).

Upside though will be everyone hearing the Squid Sisters sing... for probably like 1-2 minutes tops, given it's a speed run (that section of the fight isn't long anyways).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Iji! I know where my donations are going. Surprised by the lack of Undertale, but it may be too new.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    I've got to imagine an undertale speed run to be kind of super boring? I guess it's down to ability to dodge just to keep from having to take time to heal, seeing a no-damage run in action would be ok I guess
    Unless there's neat glitches or something

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Yeah, all the categories that make Undertale interesting are the ones a speedrun would skip through.

• Options
    iirc they lock down who's in these thing a few months beforehand, so it probably wasn't even out yet

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I hear they have a pretty awesome free-to-attendees arcade room that will be set up. beatmania, ddr, some classics. i'd probably go just for that. But I do like speed runs. I've been wanting to learn stuff for ocarina of time, but i feel that stuff is a lot more complex than anything in Mario 64, which i do a decent job running already.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    I think the deadline for runs was Oct or Nov, so a Sept release like Undertale was probably cutting it a bit close

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    like any other super popular RPG, even though speedruns undermine their greatest strengths, undertale speed runs are already happening

usually the categories are for the different endings, though the most interesting option I've seen is DUCK%, which is just getting to
    the bird that carries you over a disproportionately small gap
    as quickly as possible

• Options
    Undertale does have speedruns yeah. I just don't think anyone has found anything interesting enough to make a show of it.

I think speedruns either have to have a few neat tricks or require some badass playing of which currently speedrunning undertale really doesn't require either yet. Even if it made the cut, it likely needs more time in the oven to be a good show.

This discussion has been closed.