As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Last [chat] of 2014

19495969798100»

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    i still don't know why i'm in charge though
    cassandra's all "THAT'S IT I'M DROPPING THE BOOK WE'RE INQUISITION NOW BITCHES"

and then immediately is like "okay what should we do inquisitor"
    you've got the magic touch
    i mean glowy hand or not, i feel like the third child of a minor Free Marcher noble clan is not like super more qualified to be making the tactical decisions

cassandra is the right hand of the fantasy pope, the inquisition is her baby, and then she's just like sure you get to make all the decisions now feel free to completely fuck up my inquisition

maybe it's just her faith in Lady Jesus tho
    The Inquisition's primary military concern is closing the Fade Rifts / The Breach. You are the only person capable of doing that, so in a way, they do have to follow your lead. The fact that you seem to have control over the other aspects of the Inquisition is mainly because they want you to be the main character.
    I think the issue is that for the first third of the plot you should've realistically seen Cassandra dragging you around and calling all the shots like she does in the opening. It's just that they couldn't easily do it like that since it's an open-world RPG and all.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the qunari version is about banging josephine

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Ugh I should get some exercise before the day is over but I'm still a bit hung over.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    i haven't found anything about vivienne annoying
    She has strong feelings about the Mages, and is the only strong advocate for the Templars in your party iirc, which probably leads her into conflict with many people because who the fuck would side with the Templars.

That being said, her opinions on the Mage situation are completely reasonable. I like that she doesn't blow smoke up my ass, too. Its nice to have that to counterbalance the team of cheerleaders.
    I felt that way about her too at first, but she began falling pretty deeply into my poor graces when I realized all of her banter was basically her just being a dick to my bros.
    but dicking people out is hilarious
    i thought that was the basis of why everyone loved sarcastic hawke

She doesn't do it in a funny way, though, most of the time she's just mean.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    She has strong feelings about the Mages, and is the only strong advocate for the Templars in your party iirc, which probably leads her into conflict with many people because who the fuck would side with the Templars.

That being said, her opinions on the Mage situation are completely reasonable. I like that she doesn't blow smoke up my ass, too. Its nice to have that to counterbalance the team of cheerleaders.
    I felt that way about her too at first, but she began falling pretty deeply into my poor graces when I realized all of her banter was basically her just being a dick to my bros.

If you go like Her, Sera, and Iron Bull, you'll actually enjoy her company.

But she's generally awful to pretty much everyone else.

Why she hates Blackwall so much in particular is interesting, but if feels like she explains it far too late.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    but interparty conflict is the best thats why kotor2 best rpg ever, hail obsidian :hydra:

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

Why she hates Blackwall so much in particular is interesting, but if feels like she explains it far too late.

Agree, especially her and Iron bull because they get into a sort of
    dominatrix vibe? He's totally into it.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    but interparty conflict is the best thats why kotor2 best rpg ever, hail obsidian :hydra:

Guardians of the Galaxy was a good movie.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

My sister said recently that the first one is better, so I disowned her.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Vivienne's neat but I think she feels the least fleshed out of the characters you can recruit.

Her story arc just doesn't really go anywhere. She joins your party as a politically powerful, smart, qualified mage and.... that's it. That's where she starts her story and that's where she ends her story. Even her sidequests are basically treading water, character and story-wise.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    I would've liked Vivienne a lot more if
    by the end of the game she had become bros with at least a couple of the rest of the cast. Most of the characters develop some sort of great relationship with other party members, like Varrick and Cassandra, Varrick and Cole, Dorian and Bull, Sera and Blackwall even. I kept waiting for a moment where Vivienne would develop a sort of begrudging fondness for anyone else, but she remains entirely aloof.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i disowned my brother for that and bad opinion on animes

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

then u reported her to the skfm police

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »

It's possible that I just never got to hear her good banters. She has a few funny ones, but not really any that made me like her.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Neco wrote: »

The first one has narrative thrust and a satisfying ending

I love KOTOR2 but having played it many times I still cannot tell you what you are doing for like half of it. You wander around ruined Telos a lot? For like hours and hours. And then you go into a base, I think. And then you go into some more bases. God it's like you never ever get to actually fly your damn spaceship around.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was speeding through at warp 3.4

@Jacobkosh will create the new thread
    @Winky is backup

This discussion has been closed.