[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread, check out the new thread!

19293949597

Posts

  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    A Dark Knight sword other than the one we've seen before is in the Benchmark video:

    7ofkxoH.jpg

    Lots of other interesting minor details about the game were discussed in the stream last night:

    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/33x10f/the_haunting_of_the_3_cities_and_other_unknown/

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    To continue the discussion from the previous page about whether FFXIV is worth subscribing to or not...

    I already have a huge backlog, I don't need to add to it.
    I'd rather pay for one or two great games, than plenty of good ones I never get to play.
    And a wide variety of (side) content, that (other than PvP) seems to actually be supported by the developer, is a huge plus for me.

    I'll agree that it's a bit annoying to have to go visit my retainer when ever I want to craft supplies for my GC.
    And it really bugs me that I can't queue for several roulettes at the same time.
    And that I can't level my Chocobo while queued.
    But other than that ... love the game. The way it looks, how alive the world feels, etc.
    Yes, I miss SWtOR's voiced cut scenes, but I'll still take FFXIV any day.

    Full disclosure,
    This is coming from someone who has only played one (1) MMO before this (SWtOR), and who only has a BRD at 50, next DoW/M is Pugilist at lvl 15, and DoH at 13-22.
    So I can't really speak about the end game. Or how the game compares to MMO:s other than SWtOR.

    Commodore75 on
    DarkMecha
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    How do I switch from subscription to purchasing a month at a time?

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Apparently Viera were a possibility at one point. I'm holding onto hope.

    http://imgur.com/a/FchEw

    mkxzObM.jpg

    iaLuJOr.jpg

    SCREECH OF THE FARG
  • AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Well you can get bunny ears at the saucer now.

    So probably not. (not that I'd mind them, I like having more options for pretty princess dressup)

    Alistair wrote: »
    I use Dog as a cover for when I put dead animals in Morrigan's underthings
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Well you can get bunny ears at the saucer now.

    So probably not. (not that I'd mind them, I like having more options for pretty princess dressup)

    But

    and just let yourself imagine

    Double Bunny Ears.

    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Commodore75KyanilisLucedesTofystedeth
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Well you can get bunny ears at the saucer now.

    So probably not. (not that I'd mind them, I like having more options for pretty princess dressup)

    But

    and just let yourself imagine

    Double Bunny Ears.

    Double the playboy?

    488W936.png
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Enlong wrote: »
    How do I switch from subscription to purchasing a month at a time?

    I think in Mog Station under payment add/update option you can select crysta. also, there should be a button for add game card as well. I haven't checked beyond that since I, like a lot of people, just set a debit/credit card for monthly deduction.

    Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

    76561197990097905.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    So, I got some nice stuff on Friday. A Syrcus Tower run got me a bunch of Scylla equipment, such that I finally qualified for World of Darkness, and then I got the healing hat from there, bumping me up to level 90. Which opens up a lot of things.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    Lucedes
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/download/

    Benchmark download is available (not sure which version though!)

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: HEAVENSWARD BENCHMARK
    SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT

    Seems pretty clear

    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Greg USN wrote: »
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: HEAVENSWARD BENCHMARK
    SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT

    Seems pretty clear

    Doesn't say anywhere if it's Dx9 or Dx11, they had mentioned both would be available as benchmark downloads.

    Which is why I said we don't know which version yet :), it may even be both!

    edit: yup, confirmed that it contains BOTH versions!

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    pretty clear :p

    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Greg USN wrote: »
    pretty clear :p

    haha still so salty :D

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    Grove
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    dp71czoikp4y.jpg

    I'm good using Dx11. I bet turning off shadows would make a significant improvement. You can definitely tell that armor textures have been cleaned up quite a bit. My 770 is showing its age though...

    EDIT: Shadows to minimum only bumped me a few 100 points.

    Esh on
    Greg USN
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    just observant

    Test 1 of like a billion
    iiRNWcL.jpg

    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    mtTek12.jpg some JSE

    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    sVncC8T.png

    Not too shabby given my card. Now to play with the character creator!

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    The Au Ra are bonkers looking. Looks like I may be Fantasiaing.

    Delphinidaes
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    10.4 DX 9
    8.3 DX 11

    Holy hell does DX 11 make a difference. I was stunned. Definitely recommend running DX 9 first then immediately again with 11. I'm shocked.

    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
    Esh
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Grove wrote: »
    10.4 DX 9
    8.3 DX 11

    Holy hell does DX 11 make a difference. I was stunned. Definitely recommend running DX 9 first then immediately again with 11. I'm shocked.

    Yeah, definite difference. Side by side, 9 looks almost grainy. Scored 9889 in Dx9.

    Esh on
    Grove
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I wanna level DRK when the expansion comes out, but my FC is pretty much mandating a main job level/gear push to get ready for Alex normal and then Alex HM. It'll probably be at least a few weeks before I'm able to try it out.

    Esh on
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    k3SkrvR.jpg[img][/img]439eeeC.jpg

    That'll do pig, that'll do.

    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
    Esh
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    I wanna level DRK when the expansion comes out, but my FC is pretty much mandating a main job level/gear push to get ready for Alex normal and then Alex HM. It'll probably be at least a few weeks before I'm able to try it out.

    Pft you've got 2 weeks before Alex normal even opens, you can do both!

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    IshtaarCorehealer
  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    for comparison
    mXvYzst.jpg[img][/img]upnz9WH.jpggoing to run once more in DX.11 max off a fresh boot with only BM and FRAPS open to see if my numbers are any different. Not really a big deal though because I'm A-OK with what i already got.

    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
    Score: 10100 Extremely High
    1280x720 Maximum DirectX9 Windowed
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770


    FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
    Score: 8321 Extremely High
    1280x720 Maximum DirectX11 Windowed

    My GPU feels super hot though, not sure if I wanna keep it at max settings. Although it looks really pretty.

  • Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    ha! on fresh boot i got exactly 1 point higher.

    My biggest frame hit was down down to about 38, I'm happy =)

    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular
    Is the original benchmark still available for download?

    steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Esh wrote: »
    I wanna level DRK when the expansion comes out, but my FC is pretty much mandating a main job level/gear push to get ready for Alex normal and then Alex HM. It'll probably be at least a few weeks before I'm able to try it out.

    Pft you've got 2 weeks before Alex normal even opens, you can do both!

    Do we get a 24 man raid before Alexander or is gearing going to be strictly dungeon/Law Tomes/Primals before that?

  • EmzedohEmzedoh Registered User regular
    KdCUla3.jpg

    Big numbers justify my spending decisions! I actually got 14.5k before, but I had some things open this time.

  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Esh wrote: »
    Esh wrote: »
    I wanna level DRK when the expansion comes out, but my FC is pretty much mandating a main job level/gear push to get ready for Alex normal and then Alex HM. It'll probably be at least a few weeks before I'm able to try it out.

    Pft you've got 2 weeks before Alex normal even opens, you can do both!

    Do we get a 24 man raid before Alexander or is gearing going to be strictly dungeon/Law Tomes/Primals before that?

    24 man raid isn't until 3.1, so gearing will be strictly the new Law tomes. You won't even be able to collect the Esoteric Tomes until Savage mode unlocks which is 2 weeks after normal mode unlocks. They were very adamant about players being able to play the game without worrying about getting ready for raid for at least the first two weeks.

    After two weeks normal Alexander opens up, and two weeks after that Savage mode Alexander.

    So initial gearing will likely be collection of Tomestones of Law (which don't have a weekly cap) and Primals. Once Normal mode opens up people will farm that for gear (you can run it as many times as you want, but only get one piece of gear a week), and then once Savage opens up people will farm the new Esoteric Tomes in addition to Normal mode while they try to get Savage down and get gear from that.

    http://i.imgur.com/iUzjsJB.png

    That image from one of the Live Letters explains

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Not bad for a first attempt. I'll mess with it more tomorrow after work!

    4Squ0Xy.png

    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    11.1k with DX11 and everything maxed out at 1920x1080. Damn thing might be finicky with DA:I but I don't think I'll be having any issues with this...

    mts wrote: »
    heres how i see it being a total win situation for you
    1. stay with your wife while she dog sits. this wins husband points since she knows its out of your comfort zone
    2. have sex all over her friends house so that the next time you see her friend look at you condescendingly, you can wink back knowing you did the freaky deaky where she eats her cheerios.
    DelphinidaesCorehealer
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    [email protected]!!!!!! Benchmark!!!! Au Ra character creator!!!!!!!!! time to spend time I should be working on my DRG relic on making an Au Ra!!!

    Let's see now... holy crap, that's short... the female Au Ras are ~159cm maximum... Oh gods, Voice #2 is adorable... and wow lots of sliders. Hair colour, hmmm let me pull out one that I made earlier. Nope, that doesn't work at all with the eye and skin colour so back to generating a new one...

    *30 minutes later*

    Ok, I think this is good enough for a quick first attempt:
    imf]
    Esh wrote: »
    dp71czoikp4y.jpg

    I'm good using Dx11. I bet turning off shadows would make a significant improvement. You can definitely tell that armor textures have been cleaned up quite a bit. My 770 is showing its age though...

    EDIT: Shadows to minimum only bumped me a few 100 points.
    The whole thing about DX11 is that it adds graphical fidelity at minimal cost in rendering complexity.


    Edit:
    Initial Benchmarks are 6104 with 25.6s loading times @ 1080 and near maximum settings (LoD and Occlusion Culling enabled)
    Some minor tweaking reducing some extra fancy bells and whistles puts my rig at 8200 with 23.7s loading times and I think the major crunch points are really with the extra heavy poly count scenes. The frame rate didn't drop noticeably below 20-30fps but a lot of the score difference was padding the numbers in the less intensive scenes. The big scenes push the performance between Maximum and my tuned 'maximum' pretty much the same
    The text results:
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
    Tested on: 27/04/2015 19:47:26
    Score: 8200
    Average Frame Rate: 63.200
    Performance: Extremely High
    -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
    Loading Times by Scene
    Scene #1 2.499 sec
    Scene #2 5.824 sec
    Scene #3 4.868 sec
    Scene #4 4.409 sec
    Scene #5 4.092 sec
    Scene #6 2.016 sec
    Total Loading Time 23.710 sec

    DAT:s20150427194726.dat

    Screen Size: 1920x1080
    Screen Mode: Borderless Windowed
    DirectX Version: 11
    Graphics Presets: Custom
    General
    -Wet Surface Effects: Enabled
    -Occlusion Culling: Enabled
    -LOD on Distant Objects: Enabled
    -Real-time Reflections: Highest Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
    -Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing): FXAA
    -Transparent Lighting Quality: Normal
    -Grass Quality: Normal
    -Background Tessellation: Standard Quality
    -Water Tessellation: Standard Quality
    Shadows
    -Self: Display
    -Other NPCs: Display
    Shadow Quality
    -LOD on Shadows: Enabled
    -Shadow Resolution: High - 2048p
    -Shadow Cascading: Best
    -Shadow Softening: Strong
    Texture Detail
    -Texture Filtering: Anisotropic
    -Anisotropic Filtering: x8
    Movement Physics
    -Self: Full
    -Other NPCs: Simple
    Effects
    -Limb Darkening: Enabled
    -Radial Blur: Enabled
    -Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+: Standard Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
    -Glare: Low
    Cinematic Cutscenes
    -Depth of Field: Enabled

    System
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    32465.488MB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (VRAM 1985 MB) 9.18.0013.3788

    Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Windows version) and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward (Windows version) will run on your system.

    FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Official Website http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/
    (C) 2010-2015 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

    Share Results
    Type 1
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV Score: 8200 1920x1080 Custom DX11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    Type 2
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV Score: 8200 1920x1080 Custom DirectX11 Borderless Windowed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    Type 3
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV 1920x1080 Custom DirectX11 Score: 8200 Extremely High
    Type 4
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV 1920x1080 Custom DirectX11 Borderless Windowed Score: 8200
    Full Results
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
    Score: 8200 Extremely High
    1920x1080 Custom DirectX11 Borderless Windowed
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV

    EditEdit:
    Looks like Occlusion Culling tanks the benchmark score. Funny, given that Occlusion Culling is supposed to make scene rendering less intensive as it detects and does not render geometry that's hidden from the camera.
    The Au Ra I made may have sleek cool beauty going on, but there's nothing like loading your character data in and seeing it in Heavensward (benchmark) content

    Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    DelphinidaesRiokenn
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2015
    Played with this for about 10 minutes this morning before leaving for the day. Can't wait to get back home.

    Red Cat and I saw the credits last night. No spoilers, but there is killing to be done after that. I, for one, can't wait to get started.

    So much killing!

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    We are the skeletons in our closets.
    We are the monsters under our beds.
    DelphinidaesCorehealerLucedes
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    I need a new PC. I don't even think my card is DX11 compatible.

    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    Do all the dragon girl styles have downward sloping horns like that?

  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Do all the dragon girl styles have downward sloping horns like that?

    There are four horn styles, but each one is tied to a face. I was a little disappointed by that, but eh, I wasn't planning on being one.

    I feel like the horn style should be a separate, independent thing.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    ForceVoidIshtaarYukiraKyanilisDelphinidaesCorehealerStollsSkeithLucedesSorce
  • ForceVoidForceVoid Registered User regular
    Good to know

  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    [email protected]!!!!!! Benchmark!!!! Au Ra character creator!!!!!!!!! time to spend time I should be working on my DRG relic on making an Au Ra!!!

    Let's see now... holy crap, that's short... the female Au Ras are ~159cm maximum... Oh gods, Voice #2 is adorable... and wow lots of sliders. Hair colour, hmmm let me pull out one that I made earlier. Nope, that doesn't work at all with the eye and skin colour so back to generating a new one...

    *30 minutes later*

    Ok, I think this is good enough for a quick first attempt:
    imf]
    Esh wrote: »
    dp71czoikp4y.jpg

    I'm good using Dx11. I bet turning off shadows would make a significant improvement. You can definitely tell that armor textures have been cleaned up quite a bit. My 770 is showing its age though...

    EDIT: Shadows to minimum only bumped me a few 100 points.
    The whole thing about DX11 is that it adds graphical fidelity at minimal cost in rendering complexity.


    Edit:
    Initial Benchmarks are 6104 with 25.6s loading times @ 1080 and near maximum settings (LoD and Occlusion Culling enabled)
    Some minor tweaking reducing some extra fancy bells and whistles puts my rig at 8200 with 23.7s loading times and I think the major crunch points are really with the extra heavy poly count scenes. The frame rate didn't drop noticeably below 20-30fps but a lot of the score difference was padding the numbers in the less intensive scenes. The big scenes push the performance between Maximum and my tuned 'maximum' pretty much the same
    The text results:
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
    Tested on: 27/04/2015 19:47:26
    Score: 8200
    Average Frame Rate: 63.200
    Performance: Extremely High
    -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.
    Loading Times by Scene
    Scene #1 2.499 sec
    Scene #2 5.824 sec
    Scene #3 4.868 sec
    Scene #4 4.409 sec
    Scene #5 4.092 sec
    Scene #6 2.016 sec
    Total Loading Time 23.710 sec

    DAT:s20150427194726.dat

    Screen Size: 1920x1080
    Screen Mode: Borderless Windowed
    DirectX Version: 11
    Graphics Presets: Custom
    General
    -Wet Surface Effects: Enabled
    -Occlusion Culling: Enabled
    -LOD on Distant Objects: Enabled
    -Real-time Reflections: Highest Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
    -Edge Smoothing (Anti-aliasing): FXAA
    -Transparent Lighting Quality: Normal
    -Grass Quality: Normal
    -Background Tessellation: Standard Quality
    -Water Tessellation: Standard Quality
    Shadows
    -Self: Display
    -Other NPCs: Display
    Shadow Quality
    -LOD on Shadows: Enabled
    -Shadow Resolution: High - 2048p
    -Shadow Cascading: Best
    -Shadow Softening: Strong
    Texture Detail
    -Texture Filtering: Anisotropic
    -Anisotropic Filtering: x8
    Movement Physics
    -Self: Full
    -Other NPCs: Simple
    Effects
    -Limb Darkening: Enabled
    -Radial Blur: Enabled
    -Screen Space Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+: Standard Quality (DirectX 11 Only)
    -Glare: Low
    Cinematic Cutscenes
    -Depth of Field: Enabled

    System
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9600.winblue_r9.150322-1500)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    32465.488MB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (VRAM 1985 MB) 9.18.0013.3788

    Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Windows version) and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward (Windows version) will run on your system.

    FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Official Website http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/
    (C) 2010-2015 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

    Share Results
    Type 1
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV Score: 8200 1920x1080 Custom DX11 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    Type 2
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV Score: 8200 1920x1080 Custom DirectX11 Borderless Windowed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    Type 3
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV 1920x1080 Custom DirectX11 Score: 8200 Extremely High
    Type 4
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV 1920x1080 Custom DirectX11 Borderless Windowed Score: 8200
    Full Results
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Benchmark
    Score: 8200 Extremely High
    1920x1080 Custom DirectX11 Borderless Windowed
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu #FFXIV

    EditEdit:
    Looks like Occlusion Culling tanks the benchmark score. Funny, given that Occlusion Culling is supposed to make scene rendering less intensive as it detects and does not render geometry that's hidden from the camera.
    The Au Ra I made may have sleek cool beauty going on, but there's nothing like loading your character data in and seeing it in Heavensward (benchmark) content

    Occlusion Culling can take a lot of work, because it has to run calculations on everything to find out if it's visible or not. It is an fps loss any time the algorithm doesn't find enough stuff to actually cull.

    It makes sense to see a loss in a benchmark program like this because there's not going to be any geometry hidden behind the major set pieces.

This discussion has been closed.