As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South Fancy Dinner 2015 Inaugural - Even the Dessert has Guacamole

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I was out to dinner tonight with my parents and trying to convince them that I was gonna get cowboy boots and a bolo tie to go with my suit for the dinner, and in the course of it, I think I convinced myself I need to do it.

Yea. Basically I think the bolo tie is pretty much required for the PAX South fancy dinner. Like, everyone of every age and gender needs one.

Cowboy boots can be optional because cheap ones are stupid uncomfortable (in my experience), and that's just not a good time.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Should I stetson?

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    Should I stetson?

as long as you take it off at the table like a civilized human :)

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    That's why I'm not thinking stetson. I'd take it off and lose it.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Be sure to take your boots off at the table, too.

I think that's how it works.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    You are so bad at this

Aioua is going to show up with his underwear on the outside and try to claim it's cosplay

• Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Any update on location or pricing, I have up to 8 possible attendees in the wings, but was waiting in the wings to see pricing and location and what the deal was.

This would almost double our attendance and affect pricing and location both. Have those people post their opinion in the thread!

My Wife, My daughter, Her Boy Friend and his sister, and 3 friends from Texas. None are forum people per sae. so no opinions other then they want to know where and how much.

@Dolarrah‌ Hey... I don't want to sound like a silly goose here but these gatherings have traditionally been an opportunity for forumers and their close friends or partners to gather and catch up over drinks and an upscale meal. We'd love to have you and your +1 or even +2 join, but I'm afraid that an additional six people who don't participate in the forum community, especially when there are only 12 confirmed forumers, isn't really in the spirit of the gathering.

I hope you don't take it as any sort of an insult - I'd love to meet you and your wife, and I'm sure everyone else feels the same, but I've got to ask you to limit yourself to +1 or 2 folks who aren't forum members.

Not an insult at all, I understand completely your feelings, especially with the limited numbers we would over populate the room and take away from the spirit you are trying to complete, if I could go with just my wife, I would, so I will bow out gracefully and wish you well.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I can now confirm that we will be attending the dinner and then doing PAX on Sunday!
    Me and +1 to be explicit.

My body is ready.

You will recognize me by my dapper gear *tips fedora*.

large.jpg

.....go on

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Lady Palington and I may be coming to this, should know for sure later this weekend. We'd be good for either restaurant, but leaning toward Guadalajara.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I can now confirm that we will be attending the dinner and then doing PAX on Sunday!

My body is ready.

large.jpg

.....go on

OMG @LUDIOUS ALL YOU'D NEED IS A BIG ASS GUN AND YOU'D BE SET TO COSPLAY AS ROCKET AT PAX!

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

My body is ready.

large.jpg

OMG @LUDIOUS ALL YOU'D NEED IS A BIG ASS GUN AND YOU'D BE SET TO COSPLAY AS ROCKET AT PAX!

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

ChelleYeah on

• Options
    unfortunately this is about as dressed up as ludious gets

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/htks/

• Options
    False! I saw his suit at East!

He will class up the joint, I'm sure of it.

• Options
    False! I saw his suit at East!

He will class up the joint, I'm sure of it.
    oh i meant as close to cosplay as he gets lol

actually no that isnt even true, he has a cool iron man tshirt that has a gloey reactor in the chest that takes batteries. he wore it for halloween.

i just like to pick on him b/c he is so against wearing geeky stuff generally.

plus all he ever wants to wear is like black or dark navy, so i tease him :D

• Options
    OK ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to draw a line under this and lock in the reservation today. We'll have a little room to flex but if you want to join us, please let me know now! Menu options to follow asap.

• Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    Lock us in, the appeal of good guacamole and a fancy dinner were too much to resist.

SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    woo!

15 is a good group for the first dinner at the first PAX South. I'll call the place asap!

• Options
    @redx‌
    @Ludious‌
    @ChelleYeah‌
    @Delmain‌
    @TehSloth‌
    @Aioua‌
    @Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud
    @kaleedity‌
    @OnTheLastCastle‌
    @Lord Palington

Time and date are confirmed, and menu options are in the OP!

@joshofalltrades‌ there is still time to confirm you big so-and-so. Come join ussssss!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    All right, go ahead and put me down and a +1 if you can, since my brother will be with me.

• Options
    Fuck yessssss.

Sopapillas

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    NO Boudro's!!!???

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    oooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuurnnnns

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    But

You're not going

• Options
    So

I guess I should pack a suit?

Or is this fancy in name only

• Options
    I'm wearin a suit.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I'm wearin a suit.

Ugh packing a suit is such a paaaain.

I think I might go with slacks/buttondown/nice sweater

That's fairly classy.

EDIT: but not classy enough. Suit and tie it is.
    Oh no, I'll have to look like a baller. How terrible.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    @spool32‌ you want us to paypal you money or something?

• Options
    So

I guess I should pack a suit?

Or is this fancy in name only

It is not fancy in name only! As with our more established East Coast analog, it is semi-formal for the ladies, jacket and tie for the dudes.

@Aioua‌ let me get the price 100% nailed down before we work out the payment... it won't go up but might go down a bit.

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Is argyle sweater and button up shirt an analog to the suit (tm)

• Options
    I'd be super happy if we all did like, a step down from suits. Because I agree, it's a bitch to pack a suit. Shirt/Tie/Slacks anyone?

• Options
    Fuck yessssss.

Sopapillas

i think you meant margaritasssss

• Options
    I'm wearin a suit.

so is ludious. i'm wearing a dress.

• Options
    guys wear whatever you're comfortable with. just try to put some effort in to looking nice. a suit isnt absolutely necessary.

• Options
    I hate suits so much.

• Options
    okay thank you
    I dress very well but like I hate hate hate suits. I don't present my research in a suit!
    :P

I tend to wear fancy argyle, a nice button up shirt, nice slacks, and nice dress shoes.

:3

• Options
    That being said, if its suit or die, I'll suit up.

• Options
    DemonStacey at East always wears shirt, tie, and vest and he's fine so you'll probably be fine.

• Options
    okay thank you
    I dress very well but like I hate hate hate suits. I don't present my research in a suit!
    :P

I tend to wear fancy argyle, a nice button up shirt, nice slacks, and nice dress shoes.

:3
    that is absolutely fine, no worries.

ludious is wearing a suit because we paid good money for it and he has too few places to wear it. also he looks p handsome in it. besides, he doesnt have a lot of nice dressy clothes.

if he could get away w/ wearing a wrinkled t shirt and jeans to work every day he would. instead he wears wrinkled and faded polos and the occasional nice long sleeve shirt - also wrinkled.

:D