As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[College Football] tOSU won by 22 and it wasn't even that close

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Oregon
    that's too bad

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Ohio State
    i love a good underdog story

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Ohio State
    B1G! B1G! B1G!

SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. SO VERY HAPPY!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Ohio State
    I am 1 for 1 in college football picks

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    Congrats to OSU on the championship!

And congratulations to Wake Forest on the transitive national title!

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    NCAA in talks to restore Paterno's wins

sigh

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I don't think I've ever seen a team with an 0:4 turnover ratio win a game let alone win this decisively. I am astonished and as good as Jones and Zeke were I think the true MVPs are on the Buckeyes D-line. They were manhandling the Oregon blockers and getting held on every other play. The damage control they managed with the turnovers was unbelievable.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Between gigantor the qb and Ezekiel fuck yo tackles I don't know why the buckeyes even bothered to pass.

Oregon had no answer for either

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Ohio State

sigh

Honestly it was dumb to ever strip them. It is so stupidly symbolic and pointless that it just irritates me. I dislike grandstanding to show how tough you are in something. As a nice capstone to it all this is again a symbolic gesture that everything is fine and dandy again so back to business as usual. No need to ever bring up that conspiracy to commit some seriously horrific bullshit.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oregon
    In other news, I may have strategically picked Ohio State in the bowl pick 'em group, which means that I won by four points.

Uh, go me?

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    FUCK MARIOTA

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    FUCK MARIJUANA RULES

Gnizmo wrote: »

sigh

Honestly it was dumb to ever strip them. It is so stupidly symbolic and pointless that it just irritates me. I dislike grandstanding to show how tough you are in something. As a nice capstone to it all this is again a symbolic gesture that everything is fine and dandy again so back to business as usual. No need to ever bring up that conspiracy to commit some seriously horrific bullshit.

It's a bit of a Catch-22. On one hand PSU had no competitive advantage from the Sandusky situation and on the other hand I understand the NCAA (an entity I loathe) wanting to strip Paterno of his legacy in response to his inaction.

I had a problem with the sanctions dropped on the university from the very beginning because the wrong people were being punished but I think I am OK with Jo-Pa having some wins vacated as a reminder of what he was willing to do to protect his legacy and his friends.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Ohio State
    Butters wrote: »

sigh

It's a bit of a Catch-22. On one hand PSU had no competitive advantage from the Sandusky situation and on the other hand I understand the NCAA (an entity I loathe) wanting to strip Paterno of his legacy in response to his inaction.

I had a problem with the sanctions dropped on the university from the very beginning because the wrong people were being punished but I think I am OK with Jo-Pa having some wins vacated as a reminder of what he was willing to do to protect his legacy and his friends.

I guess I just don't see it as stripping him of the legacy. There will always be that foot note that says he won a bunch of games that were later stripped. Knowing humanity the reason for it will be lost early and no one will care. Maybe I am being overly cynical though.

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oregon
    FUCK MARIOTA

[IMG][/img]
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Also, I missed the game because of work, so I DVR'd it.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of looking at Twitter when I got home, and inadvertently saw a Nike ad that spoiled the outcome.

Thanks assholes.

[IMG][/img]
    Oregon
    And now the long dark of the offseason begins.

The final AP Poll is out:
    1. Ohio State
    2. Oregon
    3. Texas Christian
    4. Alabama
    5. Michigan State (tie)
    6. Florida State (tie)
    7. Baylor
    8. Georgia Tech (woo)
    9. Georgia
    10. California-Los Angeles
    11. Mississippi State
    12. Arizona State
    13. Wisconsin
    14. Missouri
    15. Clemson
    16. Boise State
    17. Mississippi
    18. Kansas State
    19. Arizona
    20. Southern California
    21. Utah
    22. Auburn
    23. Marshall
    24. Louisville
    25. Memphis

Major college football resumes on September 3, 232 days from now.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oregon
    TOP TEN! TOP TEN! AHEAD OF USC! BRINGING IN THE TOP QB RECRUIT NEXT YEAR! PAY NO ATTENTION TO OUR SHITTY OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR UCLA IS WINNING IT ALL NEXT YEAR WOOOOOOOOOO!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Woo! Top 25! If only Memphis had not have dropped that game to Houston!

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    I'll be following Pitt next year. Know it takes more than a year to judge how good a coach is, bit I hope Narduzzi does well.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Its legal in Oregon.

Technically not yet. That doesn't go into effect until July 1st.

Also, best prediction ever?

1pbbtpysxgr7.jpg

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    In other news, I may have strategically picked Ohio State in the bowl pick 'em group, which means that I won by four points.

Uh, go me?

Belated congrats @ASimPerson It looked like it was a tight race to the finish with the outcome hanging on who picked the winner of the NCG and who had the higher amount of points invested in that pick.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
    Oregon
    ASimPerson wrote: »

Uh, go me?

Belated congrats ASimPerson It looked like it was a tight race to the finish with the outcome hanging on who picked the winner of the NCG and who had the higher amount of points invested in that pick.

Thanks! And yeah, I reshuffled my confidence points once the title game response and was known, and then I changed it to Ohio State after I continued to do badly in all the post-NYD bowls.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Ohio State
    My tied 2nd place finish was entirely based on my original picks. I'm not sure if moving things around would have hurt or helped me based on what I may have known at the time.

Butters wrote: »

sigh

I guess I just don't see it as stripping him of the legacy. There will always be that foot note that says he won a bunch of games that were later stripped. Knowing humanity the reason for it will be lost early and no one will care. Maybe I am being overly cynical though.

There are certain stains that do not wash off and child sex abuse is one of those stains. Jo Pa's legacy is tainted forever. His past success will be forgotten not the offenses that led to his demise.

Oregon
    The NCAA just restored Joe Paterno's 111 wins.

I don't think I have words for how angry this makes me. Apparently the NCAA is more concerned with punishing autograph scandals than actual felonies.

[IMG][/img]
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Oregon
    NCAA fucked up in about a billion ways in their handling of that case so PSU was going to win the lawsuit.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    They were going to lose the lawsuit, hence the settlement. The NCAA doesn't actually have a rule covering the situation, so they don't have jurisdiction to levy a punishment. They did at least get PSU to donate like $60m to anti-abuse charities as part of the settlement.

a5ehren on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oregon
    The only thing is...I think it sucks to punish the kids who played at the university at the time. They deserve to have those wins count. As do any coaches who didn't know what was going on.

It's such a tough decision because Paterno doesn't deserve anything.

This was all just further proof that the NCAA is fucking useless.

Ohio State
    a5ehren wrote: »
    They were going to lose the lawsuit, hence the settlement. The NCAA doesn't actually have a rule covering the situation, so they don't have jurisdiction to levy a punishment. They did at least get PSU to donate like $60m to anti-abuse charities as part of the settlement.

Honestly if they managed to force the university to pay out that big of a donation I will call this a win. Stripping wins is symbolic and idiotic. Giving money to help abused children is wondrous and amazing. It's what the majority of the penalties should have been from the start. If they hadn't over played their hand they could have gotten a lot more out of it too.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    Congrats to Joe Pa, once again the Winningest Coach Who Does the Minimum Effort to Protect Children From Being Raped.

It's a pretty long title, so some people forget the part after coach.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Oregon
    It's signing day! Signing Day! A vision of the future! A Hope for tomorrow! Signing Day, Hoooraaayyyy!

Oregon
    Ucla picked up commitments from the top TE and RB this morning, and I totally didn't wake up at 5:20 to watch both announcements, because that would be crazy.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    First time in awhile that we haven't lost anyone at the last minute. We even stole a guy from UCLA last weekend to fill up our class, which we don't usually do.

Oregon
    First time in awhile that we haven't lost anyone at the last minute. We even stole a guy from UCLA last weekend to fill up our class, which we don't usually do.

We then turned around and stole a guy from Georgia so I think it all worked out for everyone.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Oregon
    UCF's leading the G5 right now in Average Stars Per Commitment; right now we're at 16 commits, hopefully more will be coming in throughout the day.

Definitely feeling better about next season.

[IMG][/img]
    Georgia lost a guy to Ohio University (not tOSU), too, apparently. Very odd for them.

Oregon
    Georgia lost a guy to Ohio University (not tOSU), too, apparently. Very odd for them.

Go Bobcats!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Oregon
    alabama yoinked one surprise recruit but otherwise i think everything has been pretty much according to plan

This discussion has been closed.