As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[College Football] tOSU won by 22 and it wasn't even that close

1234579

Posts

  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Ohio State
    Looks like while we didn't get Kyler Murray or Zach Gentry, we got dual-threat Kai Locksley.

    Still don't have the kind of QB depth I'd be comfortable with, since we still only have Swoopes, Jerrod Heard, and now Locksley.

    Guess we wait and see now

  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    alabama yoinked one surprise recruit but otherwise i think everything has been pretty much according to plan The Process

  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Ucla landed Snoops son over Usc

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    Ohio State
    McElwain did a pretty good job of closing today. Got 2/3 of The Big Three and added in a few surprises and a ton of O-linemen. Already seeing Shannon's South Florida recruiting magic at work.

  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Nirya wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    First time in awhile that we haven't lost anyone at the last minute. We even stole a guy from UCLA last weekend to fill up our class, which we don't usually do.

    We then turned around and stole a guy from Georgia so I think it all worked out for everyone.

    YO REMEMBER WHEN I SAID THIS?

    TURNS OUT OUR DC MIGHT BE HEADING TO THE FALCONS AND THE RECRUIT HAS REOPENED HIS RECRUITMENT I HATE EVERYTHING.

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »
    a5ehren wrote: »
    First time in awhile that we haven't lost anyone at the last minute. We even stole a guy from UCLA last weekend to fill up our class, which we don't usually do.

    We then turned around and stole a guy from Georgia so I think it all worked out for everyone.

    YO REMEMBER WHEN I SAID THIS?

    TURNS OUT OUR DC MIGHT BE HEADING TO THE FALCONS AND THE RECRUIT HAS REOPENED HIS RECRUITMENT I HATE EVERYTHING.

    And he found out about it from the UGA coaches, which is pretty hilarious.

  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

    Y'all fucked up

  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    So if this is Clemson's gear run:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4zuZlFkiM4

    Oregon's must be insane.

    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oregon
    All this talk about white and gold....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZyyWlAJQU

    :whistle: Oh well it's....
    Up with the White and Gold
    Down with the Red and Black
    Georgia Tech is out for the victory!
    We'll drop our battle-axe on Georgia's head
    When we meet her our team is sure to beat her!
    And down on the farm there'll be no sound
    'Til our bow-wows rip through the air
    'Cause after the battle Georgia's team will be found
    With the Yellow Jackets swarmin' 'round
    Hey!
    :whistle:

  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    You sure it's not Blue and Black?

    sig.gif
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    Notre Dame's QB Everett Golson is transferring upon graduation.

    http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12841334/quarterback-everett-golson-transferring-notre-dame-fighting-irish

    Probably for the best; he was way too prone to turnovers for my liking. Plus, this should give the new first-stringer Malik Zaire enough time to prep over the summer. Still, the Texas game is going to be one heck of an opener for him.

    steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    SBNation is giving the Piesman to best play by a linesman where he runs, throws, or catches the ball.

    http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/7/28/9011365/piesman-trophy-rules-faq

    captaink on
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Ok, that is just hilarious. And awesome.

  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I think the best part is that reputable journalists (though younger ones) are on the voting list. Nicole Auerbach is actually a really good straight reporter (also: a Michigan graduate), for example.

    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hilary Fucking Rodham Clinton.

    Jesus, Saban.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Hilary Fucking Rodham Clinton.

    Jesus, Saban.

    I know, right?

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Just everything about that conversation is just.

    I mean Jesus, Saban.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I keep thinking that just has to be fake.

  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    Michigan State vs Baylor voted best game of 2014 season by the fans

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Oregon
    We should probably make a new thread for the new season so we don't have the poll voting from last year trailing the thread around. (which we can do middle of August sometime)

    I'm undecided on if I want to do the contest again this year. Having two kids plus everything else, I don't think I have the time nor the drive this year. If I do, (or if someone else does) I think it should be done outside of the thread so that it doesn't dominate the thread instead of actual CFB discussion.

  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I don't mind running it, and I don't mind doing it in the thread. Maybe I can get @a5ehren to help out, especially for the D&D side.

  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Oregon
    Im down for however you folks prefer to run it

    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I don't mind running it, and I don't mind doing it in the thread. Maybe I can get a5ehren to help out, especially for the D&D side.

    Ehhhh, I'll barely have time to play, much less help run it.

  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oregon
    a5ehren wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I don't mind running it, and I don't mind doing it in the thread. Maybe I can get a5ehren to help out, especially for the D&D side.

    Ehhhh, I'll barely have time to play, much less help run it.

    You people and your children :P

  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    SDSU's new helmets are awesome

    832jflY.jpg

  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    I think their new sacrificial altar is going a bit far

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Oregon
    I'm willing to help out; just let me know what I can do. Looking forward to another great season!

    steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I'm willing to write descriptions for games, as I think I pay way more attention to college football than is healthy.

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I actually write descriptions for every college football game that's on TV every week on my website thingy, but it's not my forte. I can run the actual mechanics, you can do the descriptions, and we can divvy up picking the games?

    I do like the format we had, with 9 games and a Game of the Week. Generally speaking, I'd like to keep the split of doing 5-6 games featuring ranked teams, and 4-5 more obscure teams. I can try to cook up something with Google Forms to automate pick submission, but I actually like having the picks in the thread because it gives us something to talk about. (If I did the Google Forms thing, I'd could probably make it spit out a BBCode formatted post as well...)

    Once we agree on something, I'll spin up a new thread since I can't delete the poll in this one.

  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oregon
    I volunteer to make terrible picks to make other people feel better about themselves.

  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I volunteer to relentlessly pick Alabama and to never pick Tennessee, Auburn, or basically any team wearing Orange or associated with Notre Dame.

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I volunteer to be manager and motivator. You know, like, "hey, you write this description." and "hey, you post this thing." If you need any meaningless drivel, I'll be happy to help.

  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oregon
    I would be more than happy to pick games, and maybe write things if that is the sort of thing you need done.

    I can't guarantee they won't loop back around to why UCF is Da Bes' and should be in a P5 b/c Blake Bortles is very handsome.

    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    God this year is going to be brutal. We don't have a QB. Or an above average WR or RB. Our IL is talented but young. Our defense was mediocre last year...and lost three first round picks and the entire front 7. We probably won't even make a bowl game.

    How do we have a top 25 class every year and still sick this consistently? Like, we've had a 4* elite 11 type QB recruit every year for the last decade. HOW DO WE NOT HAVE AN AT LEAST AVERAGE QB? Defying the odds, I tell you.

    JihadJesus on
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oregon
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    I actually write descriptions for every college football game that's on TV every week on my website thingy, but it's not my forte. I can run the actual mechanics, you can do the descriptions, and we can divvy up picking the games?

    I do like the format we had, with 9 games and a Game of the Week. Generally speaking, I'd like to keep the split of doing 5-6 games featuring ranked teams, and 4-5 more obscure teams. I can try to cook up something with Google Forms to automate pick submission, but I actually like having the picks in the thread because it gives us something to talk about. (If I did the Google Forms thing, I'd could probably make it spit out a BBCode formatted post as well...)

    Once we agree on something, I'll spin up a new thread since I can't delete the poll in this one.

    Yeah, I think that'd work. I don't know if we want to do anything against the spread, but it's an option to mix things up as well.

    t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    God this year is going to be brutal. We don't have a QB. Or an above average WR or RB. Our IL is talented but young. Our defense was mediocre last year...and lost three first round picks and the entire front 7. We probably won't even make a bowl game.

    How do we have a top 25 class every year and still sick this consistently? Like, we've had a 4* elite 11 type QB recruit every year for the last decade. HOW DO WE NOT HAVE AN AT LEAST AVERAGE QB? Defying the odds, I tell you.

    Won't make a bowl game? All you have to do is win 50% of your games!

    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Oregon
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    God this year is going to be brutal. We don't have a QB. Or an above average WR or RB. Our IL is talented but young. Our defense was mediocre last year...and lost three first round picks and the entire front 7. We probably won't even make a bowl game.

    How do we have a top 25 class every year and still sick this consistently? Like, we've had a 4* elite 11 type QB recruit every year for the last decade. HOW DO WE NOT HAVE AN AT LEAST AVERAGE QB? Defying the odds, I tell you.

    Won't make a bowl game? All you have to do is win 50% of your games!

    And not be a G5 school.

    [IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.