As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] Closed Beta is NOW! Beta Buy-in! $39.99. See OP for details!

19495969798100»

• Options
    RobesRobes Registered User regular
    New bug this patch: Game doesn't end when your core is destroyed...
    Yeah, when a game ends you go to the main menu and get a pop up "Your match is still in progress" and you have to click rejoin or close the program and re-open it. It's very annoying

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    So it's not clear to me how the lost vikings abilities work. When you use one do they all do it at the same time, or does each viking have 1 of the abilities? Or they can all do all 3 but only the one(s) currently selected will do the ability?

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    MrBody wrote: »
    Okay, really hating the new 0.25 of a kill stuff. Not only does it nerf Murky, it just makes the score tab a hard to read mess.

It did nothing except change the UI to show how many times he gave you 25% xp. It's been 25% xp a kill for months, and was silly when murkys would die 20-30 times a match and report zero deaths even though they gave more xp than many of their teammates.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    So it's not clear to me how the lost vikings abilities work. When you use one do they all do it at the same time, or does each viking have 1 of the abilities? Or they can all do all 3 but only the one(s) currently selected will do the ability?

Near as I could tell from messing around in a trial game with them each viking you have selected performs the ability when you use it.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The Vikings are really fun but difficult to use. I have only four games under my belt, and I just unlocked all of their talents, so this is just a first impression.
    • If you want to play as a squad, then get Longboat. It requires all three Vikings in close proximity and is a very good ult.
    • Erik can be used as a vision ward with his talent. It's an extremely strong talent that can be used to scout or just have Erik sit in a lane during objectives and soak xp.
    • You can set a rally point for a viking when they have died. This is kind of annoying because you pressing 4 means you set down a rally point whenever you move the living vikings.
    • They grab objectives independently and drop them appropriately.
    • When a viking is doing something they'll have their own cast bar for hearthing, turning in objectives, and so forth.
    • Vikings share a well cooldown, but only one viking has to touch it to heal them all.
    • Baleog's splash damage is very generous and he's a decent lane-clearer.
    • They're more than capable of soloing any camp besides grave golem, which is likely a problem due to Olaf's health still being on the low side despite being the highest of the trio.
    • Olaf charges on auto cast, and I think it fucks with his movement at time. I've seen him stutter step a lot when trying to attack a hero.
    • Do not use Ultimate Evolution on a viking.

Their poke makes a reference to the running gag that they don't know what Fang is, and when a viking is dead their icon above their HP bar changes to the skeleton that indicated a dead viking in the games.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Also, you can click and drag a box around if you only want to select 2 Vikings.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD MURKY IS TERRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE NOW

This is coming from someone who loved playing him and defended that he wasn't trash.

There's the indirect nerfs, but that isn't even the worst part.

The worst is that they've cut his choices (seems like so many heroes only get 3 talent choices per tier now) and now you're locked into ONE build on him. Before, you had your choice of 3: sustained ability power damage, burst non-ability damage + utility, or bubble survivability.

Now you're stuck with picking picking the burst non-ability damage talents when they're available, and the bubble survivability when they're up. There's no choice anymore.

Besides Odin, Thrall, and Arthas, I'm really hating every change in this patch.
    It did nothing except change the UI to show how many times he gave you 25% xp. It's been 25% xp a kill for months, and was silly when murkys would die 20-30 times a match and report zero deaths even though they gave more xp than many of their teammates.

It gives people stacks of gathering power now and it makes the score screen more of a hassle to read.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    The Vikings are really fun but difficult to use. I have only four games under my belt, and I just unlocked all of their talents, so this is just a first impression.
    • If you want to play as a squad, then get Longboat. It requires all three Vikings in close proximity and is a very good ult.
    • Erik can be used as a vision ward with his talent. It's an extremely strong talent that can be used to scout or just have Erik sit in a lane during objectives and soak xp.
    • You can set a rally point for a viking when they have died. This is kind of annoying because you pressing 4 means you set down a rally point whenever you move the living vikings.
    • They grab objectives independently and drop them appropriately.
    • When a viking is doing something they'll have their own cast bar for hearthing, turning in objectives, and so forth.
    • Vikings share a well cooldown, but only one viking has to touch it to heal them all.
    • Baleog's splash damage is very generous and he's a decent lane-clearer.
    • They're more than capable of soloing any camp besides grave golem, which is likely a problem due to Olaf's health still being on the low side despite being the highest of the trio.
    • Olaf charges on auto cast, and I think it fucks with his movement at time. I've seen him stutter step a lot when trying to attack a hero.
    • Do not use Ultimate Evolution on a viking.

Their poke makes a reference to the running gag that they don't know what Fang is, and when a viking is dead their icon above their HP bar changes to the skeleton that indicated a dead viking in the games.

Does it only clone one viking?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    First Abby game outside of some bot matches. Hats for everybody!

39ljcnruxhix.jpg

• Options
    An Abathur tried it and cloned Erik. It's arguably worse than cloning Murky since you're never going to have any skills with a Viking.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Oh, and the Vikings are part of the new "Retro" franchise, which has an icon of a B made up of pixels.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Can someone explain why everyone is screaming that Murky got nerfed?

I've never played him and the patch notes seem ... really innocuous.

shryke on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Oh, and the Vikings are part of the new "Retro" franchise, which has an icon of a B made up of pixels.

rocknroll racing confirmed

blackthorne confirmed

also for all the bros I just rolled with that was a pretty solid streak we just had

I never get to win 4 games in a row very often

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    DARSupes.jpg

All of these people confirmed.

Ceno on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Can Simone explain why everyone is screaming that Murky got nerfed?

Basically his best talents (Gathering Power, bubble heal) got nerfed/removed, and the only buff he received in return was a lower egg cooldown. Which is nice but given that he was already considered weak it's not clear what they're thinking.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »

Basically his best talents (Gathering Power, bubble heal) got nerfed/removed, and the only buff he received in return was a lower egg cooldown. Which is nice but given that he was already considered weak it's not clear what they're thinking.

They're thinking "Man, I wish we didn't make Murky". His kit is very toxic when it's good, and when it's undertuned it's terrible.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

They're thinking "Man, I wish we didn't make Murky". His kit is very toxic when it's good, and when it's undertuned it's terrible.

I think it's a cool concept, they just need to rethink it to be less suicide-oriented. For instance, instead of placing an egg make it so he drops an egg on death that will revive him if it isn't focus fired (and has a decent amount of health).

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I'd say at this point it's time for them to accept he was just too novel to work. It was a super neat idea on paper, but they really need to make him into a non-gimmicky hero so people can at least play him.

Undead Monkey on
    SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular

I think it's a cool concept, they just need to rethink it to be less suicide-oriented. For instance, instead of placing an egg make it so he drops an egg on death that will revive him if it isn't focus fired (and has a decent amount of health).

but dat's just anivia

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

Noooo! Suicidal was the best part! It was a truly unique mechanic in the genre. Now all these changes want to edge him toward surviving like every other damn hero in MOBAs.

In other news, I can't even play right now the game is so broken. Get the "rejoin" bug after the core blows up. Close program, restart, "rejoin game in progress" is still there. Rejoin, reload map, 25:00 to catch up. Got down to 5 minutes, it quits back to the "rejoin" screen. Quit and restart 2 more times, rejoin screen is still there.

Fuck--->that shit

MrBody on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    MrBody wrote: »

Noooo! Suicidal was the best part! It was a truly unique mechanic in the genre. Now all these changes want to edge him toward surviving like every other damn hero in MOBAs.

In other news, I can't even play right now the game is so broken. Get the "rejoin" bug after the core blows up. Close program, restart, "rejoin game in progress" is still there. Rejoin, reload map, 25:00 to catch up. Got down to 5 minutes, it quits back to the "rejoin" screen. Quit and restart 2 more times, rejoin screen is still there.

Fuck--->that shit

It's unique because it's busted. It's either gamebreaking like murky 1 or useless like murky 2.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.