Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and here we are

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    As a dalish elf who was just out for the elves.

It was kinda confusing cuz on the one hand yeah, back the elf, maybe our folks can get some while the getting's good...

But I only ever had like, one conversation even ABOUT her. Even for someone who didn't give much of a shit about what was going on in human lands, that's a real shaky foundation to build a decision upon.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    As a dalish elf who was just out for the elves.

It was kinda confusing cuz on the one hand yeah, back the elf, maybe our folks can get some while the getting's good...

But I only ever had like, one conversation even ABOUT her. Even for someone who didn't give much of a shit about what was going on in human lands, that's a real shaky foundation to build a decision upon.

Remember that time some random yokel got trusted with saving the world because they were lucky enough not to get blown up

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    And of course it is always online so it's not like I can fix it

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Just recruited Iron Bull today.

Is it just me, or are his arms really tiny in proportion to the rest of his body? I dunno, they look real thin compared to the rest of his meaty build.

Also, when does this game get its first big combat-heavy dungeon/area-themed quest? I'm still super early but so far it's consisted of talking to somebody, fight off a very trivial number of enemies, then talk to somebody else.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Langly wrote: »
    And of course it is always online so it's not like I can fix it
    Well I think you can turn off cloud storage (or at least cloud sync, i'm pretty sure it keeps a local save) and maybe play in offline mode but I feel like you still wouldn't be able to fix it unless somebody has bothered to figure out how to change a flag from probably one of the first three conversations you can have with leliana in the entire game

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I think my cutscene crash problem has been fixed, but I still have to deal with a really long load every time I start up the game (like almost five minutes total). Don't suppose there's a fix for that as well?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    buying an ssd

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    If Flemeth thinks what you are doing is stupid, it's stupid.

I'm reviewing the one scene with those characters in it

and... she doesn't really say that? it's more along the lines of "HEY, THIS SHIT IS DANGEROUS, BE CAREFUL"

Well, Flemeth's exact quote to Merrill is, "As for you, child, step carefully. No path is darker than when your eyes are shut."

Which implies a foolishness when walking a path with eyes closed.

I think it's a bit of a jump to turn that into "flemeth says merrill is doing a stupid"

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    splitting hairs, I know

but I see it more as "be careful you don't do something foolish"

literally, a word of caution!

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    You know

I'm not sure what it is but

I find myself becoming bored with Inquisition much faster than I have with any other BioWare game.

It must be all the MMO-style ass dragging I have to do.

and the lack of sweet finishing-kill flourishes.

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    This is a game that sends me into a sweet dwarven tomb, whereupon I say, "oh wow, I bet Solas would love this" and then I leave the tomb to get him

What is even happening

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    You know

I find myself becoming bored with Inquisition much faster than I have with any other BioWare game.

I feel similar, but for me it's entirely about missing the banter.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    oh my goodness, court jester are you for real, aw man whaaaat this is a tough decision

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm using Anders because they're forcing me for his quest and oh no Anders makes us all electric-y and cool

goddamnit anders stop doing neat things

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    "I will not juggle. Not even the common respect those who juggle"

ahahahhahahahahahhahaha

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    You know

The game is an illusion and when you surpass that illusion only the truth remains.
    Inquisition is the worst dragon age yet and all the parts fit together really poorly like when a kid puts together a puzzle by just jamming the pieces together.

God would I like some finishing kill flourishes, especially for the dragons.

• Options
    this is incredible she is the saddest clown

• Options
    Cassandra Slightly Disapproves

Cassandra you know this shit is funny, don't even front

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Wait, wait, wait

You're talking about
    Florianne, right? Did you get dialog from her after making her court jester? How??

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait

You're talking about
    Florianne, right? Did you get dialog from her after making her court jester? How??

Just walk up to her. Not a conversation, she just says stuff

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Wait, wait, wait

You're talking about
    i'm sorry you can do what with florianne?

oh right it must be a judgment mission?

because the judgment mission that you get if you kill her is the single funniest thing in the game so i don't regret missing that

• Options
    Langly wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait

You're talking about

Just walk up to her. Not a conversation, she just says stuff

No you misunderstand me.

Where. Where is she?

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Rainfall wrote: »
    You know

The game is an illusion and when you surpass that illusion only the truth remains.
    Inquisition is the worst dragon age yet and all the parts fit together really poorly like when a kid puts together a puzzle by just jamming the pieces together.

Ya know, there are less dickish ways to say 'I am not enjoying this' than 'like when a kid puts together a puzzle by just jamming the pieces together'. Just... food for thought.

EDIT: I mean you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I do not begrudge you that! But that's the kind of feedback I look at and think 'there is nothing useful or actionable here and I am unlikely to lend this person's opinion as much weight in the future' because it just feels like dickery for the sake of dickery.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    But then I might just be grumpy.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    As to the "mmo ass-dragging" I'm level 19, have a stupid amount of power and have basically ignored 60 percent or so of the area quests. I do the main stuff and pick up a few others.

Next play thru, I'll do the main and pick up different ones.

I figure I've got 3 good play thrus like that.

Ain't nobody making you herd druffalo.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    vsove wrote: »
    You know

Ya know, there are less dickish ways to say 'I am not enjoying this' than 'like when a kid puts together a puzzle by just jamming the pieces together'. Just... food for thought.

EDIT: I mean you are certainly entitled to your opinion and I do not begrudge you that! But that's the kind of feedback I look at and think 'there is nothing useful or actionable here and I am unlikely to lend this person's opinion as much weight in the future' because it just feels like dickery for the sake of dickery.

i feel like there's a big difference between the appropriate way to express criticism to no-one in particular in a big open public discussion space and the appropriate way to express criticism specifically to the guys who made the game

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    You know

I feel similar, but for me it's entirely about missing the banter.

Yeah I would definitely still be putting nearly every waking hour into it if my companions would just say things!. The great characters have always been what drew me in, and it is just really depressing for them to be so silent.

• Options
    You know

i feel like there's a big difference between the appropriate way to express criticism to no-one in particular in a big open public discussion space and the appropriate way to express criticism specifically to the guys who made the game

particularly when these posts are often just thinking out loud and not formal essays

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The banter bug is just the weirdest thing. I was running around with basically the same party the entire game and I still heard them talk pretty regularly. That such an important part is just completely broken for some people but not others and no one really knows why is pretty crazy.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    It could be something as vague and unrelated as one line of code which is tied to one thing which is tied to another thing and another thing and so on. Maybe it's a system setting somewhere, or the order in which you did something, or how many bears (FUCK YOU, BEARS!) you killed in the Hinterlands. Or a combination of a million different things. That is the "fun" thing about programming and why I don't envy the people (hopefully!) trying to track it down.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    It could be something as vague and unrelated as one line of code which is tied to one thing which is tied to another thing and another thing and so on. Maybe it's a system setting somewhere, or the order in which you did something, or how many bears (FUCK YOU, BEARS!) you killed in the Hinterlands. Or a combination of a million different things. That is the "fun" thing about programming and why I don't envy the people (hopefully!) trying to track it down.

well not really

if you can't figure out why something so major isn't working it means you aren't coding properly

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    there's a banter bug?

my party talked a fair bit but definitely not half as much as i would have liked them to

is it possible for them to just not talk at all? because then you might as well not even play the game

• Options
    when offering written critique

just pretend the person it's aimed at is right in front of you, and you're verbalizing everything

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    there's a banter bug?

my party talked a fair bit but definitely not half as much as i would have liked them to

is it possible for them to just not talk at all? because then you might as well not even play the game

What I've experienced is not complete silence, but just really rarely triggered banters. Like if I'm in the Exalted plains, I'll get one banter every 30 minutes, maybe one banter per hour (yes, I've timed and recorded it to make sure I wasn't just exaggerating in my head). Then at other times and places, I'll get banters regularly every 8 minutes like they're supposed to trigger. Hell, sometimes I'll get 2 banters in a row with no time delay between them. It's amazing. And it makes me sad that I so rarely get the banters to trigger faster than every 30 minutes. Sometimes all I have is 30 minutes to play. :(

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    You know

particularly when these posts are often just thinking out loud and not formal essays

On the other hand, we know that the folk who made the game browse these threads.

Doesn't have to be constructive criticism essays, but an indication of what you're unhappy with takes a near equivalent amount of energy as that angry diss you were saving up all day.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    nah i'm gonna vent about a video game if i want to vent about a video game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    venting doesn't mean you have to be a big butt about it, though

I doubt I'm gonna convince you otherwise, so that's all I'm gonna say

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    there's a banter bug?

What I've experienced is not complete silence, but just really rarely triggered banters. Like if I'm in the Exalted plains, I'll get one banter every 30 minutes, maybe one banter per hour (yes, I've timed and recorded it to make sure I wasn't just exaggerating in my head). Then at other times and places, I'll get banters regularly every 8 minutes like they're supposed to trigger. Hell, sometimes I'll get 2 banters in a row with no time delay between them. It's amazing. And it makes me sad that I so rarely get the banters to trigger faster than every 30 minutes. Sometimes all I have is 30 minutes to play. :(

There's not THAT many banters

Like every 30 minutes and sometimes more sounds... pretty average to my experience playing the game?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    it is not my nor anyone else's responsibility to be vsove's focus group and i find the idea of policing yourself in the thread in case he might read it to be putting a bizarre amount of importance on him

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    nah, I'm policing myself because I don't want to be an asshole

this has nothing to do with impressing anyone

Miss me? Find me on:

This discussion has been closed.