Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and here we are

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Oh and dragon fucking, a real missed opportunity

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I didn't realize I had to nanny literally every character in the game

One supporting character does not bow implicitly to your every whim oh noooooooo

But they do. They do if you do one specific thing at the beginning of the game. It's not a situation from DA 2. It is avoidable - I wouldn't care if it wasn't avoidable.

It's like talking to Kelly/Traynor, or Ken and Gabby, or Cortez, or Joker, or Dr Chakwas. It's a bummer that the cut-off is so early, but thinking logically it seems fair enough that the game makes the assumption that if you miss it you weren't really that keen on Leliana in the first place.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh, Merrill wants to do something incredibly stupid and dangerous to accomplish the thing literally everyone has been telling her not to do again?

Must be Tuesday

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Catching back up, I would be more forgiving of a Learning Experience if that were not a full (more than full since I got the special edition) priced AAA game.

I mean I don't expect a company to go hey it's our first shot at this sooooo might be a little bumpy but this game is definitely the killer, for me. I won't be buying another AAA game from anyone until well after release, because I don't want to commit that much money to something that might be a poor customer experience because the company is shipping what they consider to be a learning experience in their engine for 70 dollars. And maybe I should have known that going in, but I don't think it's crazy to think that the third game in a series is going to be in that situation.

that is absolutely not a criticism of vsove or anyone that worked on the game, but from a customer perspective I'm pretty not ok with that.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Oh, Merrill wants to do something incredibly stupid and dangerous to accomplish the thing literally everyone has been telling her not to do again?

Must be Tuesday

And she's right again? Dammit!

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Catching back up, I would be more forgiving of a Learning Experience if that were not a full (more than full since I got the special edition) priced AAA game.

I mean I don't expect a company to go hey it's our first shot at this sooooo might be a little bumpy but this game is definitely the killer, for me. I won't be buying another AAA game from anyone until well after release, because I don't want to commit that much money to something that might be a poor customer experience because the company is shipping what they consider to be a learning experience in their engine for 70 dollars. And maybe I should have known that going in, but I don't think it's crazy to think that the third game in a series is going to be in that situation.

that is absolutely not a criticism of vsove or anyone that worked on the game, but from a customer perspective I'm pretty not ok with that.

Every game is a learning experience, though. I still absolutely think our game is worth the 70$ we charged for it, and I don't think any of our other games had any fewer problems - just different ones.

I'm not diminishing your concerns by any stretch, but I want to clarify since you seem to be taking my words out of context. I still firmly believe DA:I is one of the best games we've ever made. I think our next game will be even better. I absolutely think it's a game that is worth 70$ - you don't. That's fine! But a lot of people do, and characterizing the entire game as a 'learning experience' in a negative light and suggesting we shouldn't have sold it is taking what I said far beyond what I actually meant.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    The biggest problem with this game is that not a single dragon is romanceable
    Did you play as a car? You can romance The Kaltenzahn if you play as a car.

signature.png

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    I mean, honestly, if any game -isn't- a learning experience it's because we've achieved perfection and ascended beyond our mortal forms.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Zay is our next Destiny raid going to have to double as a dragon dick intervention?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I think Inquisition is really good but very noticeably could have been much better

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Zay is our next Destiny raid going to have to double as a dragon dick intervention?

I think so, I haven't heard you mention dragon genitalia once in our last two raids, which is unacceptable.

signature.png

• Options
    JohnHam wrote: »

I think so, I haven't heard you mention dragon genitalia once in our last two raids, which is unacceptable.

I have to save all the A material for Dragonboyz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I will be the first to bitch about Inquisition having major problems but there's no way there's not enough stand out content that it's not worth 70 bucks in today's game market. That's crazy talk. The quality and quantity of the voice acting alone is something that only shows up in AAA releases.

• Options

Speaking of, if you want to see the first part of this, I've saved it on Hitbox. It includes:
    • Alcoholism
    • Probably 45 minutes of incredulous complaining that the PC version of DA2 doesn't support controllers
    • A shocking number of wholly/partially invisible NPCs
    • What may be the beginning of the slow, agonizing death of my video card
    • M. Night Shemlen

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/374088

signature.png

• Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    Having being spoiled on the lack of dragon romancing I've returned my copy of DA:I

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Speaking of, if you want to see the first part of this, I've saved it on Hitbox. It includes:
    • Alcoholism
    • Probably 45 minutes of incredulous complaining that the PC version of DA2 doesn't support controllers
    • M. Night Shemlen

Johnham, there's nothing wrong with your video card

DA2 has some really fucked up compatibility issues with DX11, I had the exact same problems you are when playing through it a few months ago

Switch to DX 9 and all that stuff should go away

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS ON RUINING EVERYTHING, ANDERS

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    $60 for Inquisition looks really good against the $89.99 Bungie expects to wring out of consumers in Destiny & up to date DLC.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options

• Alcoholism
    • M. Night Shemlen

Johnham, there's nothing wrong with your video card

DA2 has some really fucked up compatibility issues with DX11, I had the exact same problems you are when playing through it a few months ago

Switch to DX 9 and all that stuff should go away

Noted!!! Thanks!

signature.png

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    CONGRATULATIONS ON RUINING EVERYTHING, ANDERS

for a little later after this moment
    Always Be Killing Anders

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm more baffled that none of the Mass Effect PC ports have controller support.

• Options
    I'm more baffled that none of the Mass Effect PC ports have controller support.

This drove me SO CRAZY

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    vsove wrote: »
    I mean, none of you have seriously threatened to beat me up because of the game so you're already multiple steps above many other places on the internet.

(I'll fight you)

Is this how I get hired

The hiring process concluded when I drink maple syrup from your skull

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I wish they had just one single Interrupt in the game and it's Punch Anders In His Stupid Fucking Face and it's mandatory

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

• Alcoholism
    • M. Night Shemlen

Shocked and appalled that you didn't also post our fantastic title card

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    vsove wrote: »
    I mean, none of you have seriously threatened to beat me up because of the game so you're already multiple steps above many other places on the internet.

(I'll fight you)

Is this how I get hired

The hiring process concluded when I drink maple syrup from your skull

No see they're in Edmonton, where the custom is to eat poutine out of the skull.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Hey, in America it's hot bacon grease

Unless you're in SoCal

Then it's vegan bacon grease

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Salsa here in Texas.

• Options

Herald's Best Friend: Bioware delves into the Toys to Life market by releasing collectible figurines of various characters and creatures from the Dragon Age world. By using the Fade Rift USB Adapter (sold separately), you can take all manner of creatures on your adventures, each with unique dialogue on story quests and their own personal companion adventure!

Bone on the Throne: Romance cutscenes for all companions that take place on the throne in Skyhold. Taking advantage of the new Frostbite engine, these sequences change dynamically depending on your throne of choice! Fully upgrade your thrones to get the most out of this new pack!

Wintersend Gifts: Tired of your companions complaining about how you sided with the Templars and killed their friends? Use these deluxe gifts to set your companions moods to anything you desire! See all of a companions cutscenes in a single playthrough! As an extra bonus, you can send gifts through war table operations to invite followers that have abandoned you to rejoin the Inquisition through the power of giving!

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Salsa here in Texas.

Yeah, but Texas has to be a special snowflake

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Salsa here in Texas.

It's part of the charm.

Also, salsa is good.

• Options
    Salsa here in Texas.

It's part of the charm.

Also, salsa is good.

I could go for some salsa right now.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Salsa here in Texas.

It's part of the charm.

Also, salsa is good.

I could go for some salsa right now.

you just reminded me, I have some habanero salsa in the fridge. I should have some later

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I should beg my dad for homemade salsa. God damn, he knows how to cook

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I will be the first to bitch about Inquisition having major problems but there's no way there's not enough stand out content that it's not worth 70 bucks in today's game market. That's crazy talk. The quality and quantity of the voice acting alone is something that only shows up in AAA releases.

Particularly in comparison with the other "major" releases in 2014, DA:I more than delivers.

I think what people are really pointing to for this game is that it comes tantalizingly close to gaming immortality, and instead settles for mere greatness, which is an admittedly unfair bar. It's almost like people wanted DA:I to single-handedly redeem what has largely been a mediocre year for gaming.

• Options
    Speaking of games criticism (and since we don't have a GB thread right now)

Apparently Polygon has to tell people what an "opinion" is because people don't know

this is the funniest but also the saddest

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    that actual joke is that that opinion pages have exactly the same opinion level as anything else on a gaming site

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    Just finished Dragon Age 2

And now let's play a fun new game

That game is called "let's look at what I did in the Dragon Age Keep having not played 2 and see how wrong I was"

I even posted about it, so I have my reasoning still

I bet I was so wrong!
    Bolded parts are from now, the rest is from November
    "Was Hawke a mage?"
    Well I hear those guys are maybe bad in this one?
    -Hawke was not a mage.-
    Hawke was NOT a mage, but mostly because I wanted to be a Rogue. Rogues are cool.

"Did Hawke join the mercenaries or the smugglers?"
    Mercenaries sounds like a more appropriate fantasy thing
    -Joined mercenaries-
    Hawke DID join the mercenaries, but only because she was far too snarky to not be.

"What happened to Hawke's sibling?"
    Well, her dying is lame and cliche, and I already know a dude who's a Warden apparently and these guys are central to the plot
    -Bethany became a Circle mage.-
    Bethany became a Circle mage, but it's not like you really get to pick in that. I didn't take her to the Deep Roads just cause she wasn't as useful as everyone else.

"Did Hawke side with Petrice?"
    Yo, this lady sounds like an asshole
    -Didn't side with Petrice-
    Yo, that lady IS an asshole.

"How did Hawke resolve the Qunari uprising?"
    The other option sounds like I'm gonna kill this dude and he's got a rightful grievance with the lady that I think's an asshole, so I guess I'm picking the other one
    -Isabela appeared and was taken prisoner.-
    Here's where I'm crazy wrong for a second. I romanced Isabela and she's the best, AND a duel with the Arishok sounded pretty rad. So Isabela brought the book back, but I ain't letting him take her. So we duked it out, mano a...womano?

"What happened to Anders?"
    This dude seems cool and he did a thing that sure seems like it had to be done to a bunch of dicks
    -Anders alive and well-
    WHAAAAAT WAS I EVEN THINKING. ANDERS IS THE WORST. HE GOT A KNIFE TO HIS DAMN BACK. LIKE ALL THE PEOPLE HE BLEW UP WERE SUPER COOL. WHAT THE FUCK, ANDERS.

"Did Hawke side with the Mages or Templars in the final battle?"
    The Templars are the aforementioned dicks
    -Sided with mages-
    I genuinely have no idea how you can side with the Templars in this unless you're doing a specific evil run. It is literally a genocide, where the person is punishing everyone else for a crime someone else committed, and they WATCHED IT HAPPEN RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM AND THEN IGNORED THE GUY THAT DID IT.

So of the 7 major Keep choices, I ended up going the exact same way with 4 of them

But when I was wrong I was wrooooooooooooong

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I really like Roderick's little arc

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    vumpler1028vumpler1028 Registered User new member
    I love the game, voice acting is fantastic, story is interesting, and all that. My only real gripe would be that they removed the ability to customize your partners' actions. I thought that it was great in DA:O and DA2 that I could customize my teammates to strategically handle different situations (even though DA2 kind of threw strategery out the window). I real miss this in DA:I...

Oh, and to revisit Anders... I've agonized over many of the choices in this series...
    But my murder knife was in him before the prompt finished drawing. Screw that guy.

Grade A n00b-cake
This discussion has been closed.