Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and here we are

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Which part of the choice is giving you trouble?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    wait do i only get dorian if i do the mage quest?

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Shabooty wrote: »
    wait do i only get dorian if i do the mage quest?

no, you'll get dorian after you do the next major quest if you do the templar quest

same with cole if you go the other way

• Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    I went with Solas for Cole's quest because I was romancing him at the time, but I thought it worked out really well. I'll probably go with Varric this time to see what happens.

• Options
    i think i'll go with the mages

but i swear if they pull an anders...

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am just now realizing it has taken me almost 5 months to finish this game and I don't think I'm even halfway done

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The mage quest was way more traumatic for me than the templar one. I'm not sure if I'll ever do it again.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Just wrapped up the Jaws of Hakkon DLC
    The judgement at the end is pure gold

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Depending on your choice, Cullen's path in the followup war table mission is also pretty great

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Super annoying glitch in the Templar quest wouldn't let me go back into the great hall, it kept putting the wrong label on the entry doors and sending me back to the same room I was in

For a timed quest, this is a pretty big problem!

Quoth on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Haven't played this since December, but I remember reading about a beta patch that was supposed to boost performance/fix major glitches. Did that come out yet?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yes.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
  • Options
    it sounds... weird

but the thing throwing me off the most is it being in a different galaxy

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I dunno, I'm actually more hype about it potentially being in a different galaxy.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Base building, territory expansion, crafting, outpost resource management, tie-in with the ME3 style multiplayer again...

All that better be fake because if not then my life is over, it will all be replaced by ME4.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Sounds like they basically thought "we want the aesthetic and hand-wave science that we've already spent a lot of time building, but to divorce ourselves from the existing game storyline"

which is totally fine with me, sounds pretty good. Can't wait!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I do wonder if they'll carry over some of the further reaching decisions from the trilogy, like (me3 spoiler) whether or not
    you cured the genophage.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    So hold up a minute

This sounds like they're making No [Mass Effect]'s Sky

I am ON BOARD

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I thought it was stated a long time ago that ME3 was Shepard's last story. The fact that they continue the franchise without makes perfect sense - those games probably rake in the bux by the truckload.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Going to a whole new galaxy makes sense too, from a thematic standpoint.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh man oh man oh MAN
    That all sounds pretty rad
    No word on if your character can be another species though

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh man oh man oh MAN
    That all sounds pretty rad
    No word on if your character can be another species though

I'm bummed because it mentions 'for humanity' a couple times

• Options
    BloodyTriedBloodyTried Registered User regular
    Does anyone keep getting a stuttering audio bug?

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Does anyone keep getting a stuttering audio bug?

I keep getting this thing where when I load into a new area, it takes a second for sound effects to start up

• Options
    I wonder how they would handle the problem of being able to go to another galaxy, if that ends up being true

It was thought, for a long time, that even the Reapers couldn't make that sort of trek - the distance between the two galaxies is like 2.5 million light years, which is 25 times the width of the Milky Way

I wonder if they're goign to include an explanation in the codex or just handwave it; I'd be fine with either, I guess, but I kind of hope they try to explain it at least a little

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The only thing that gives me pause is we might be relying a little too heavily on the vanished ancient super-advanced races

• Options
    When I first played Mass Effect I heard "Protheans" and immediately thought "Oh these guys are basically the Builders from Knights of the Old Republic"

They ended up being differentiated pretty well though

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I did roll my eyes pretty bad when I read the phrase "fate of humanity's future" in the plot section

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I wonder how they would handle the problem of being able to go to another galaxy, if that ends up being true

It was thought, for a long time, that even the Reapers couldn't make that sort of trek - the distance between the two galaxies is like 2.5 million light years, which is 25 times the width of the Milky Way

I wonder if they're going to include an explanation in the codex or just handwave it; I'd be fine with either, I guess, but I kind of hope they try to explain it at least a little

Maybe they'll be doing a really big time-skip after the ending of ME3?
    Maybe whatever generation the after-credits narrator is from? It seems to be pretty far down the line, with Shepard fading into legend and becoming THE Shepard and all. Without the reapers continually hitting hard reset on all life, that might allow for the development of galaxy-traversing technology. That does mean Bioware would have to pick one of the three main endings, though... or at least disavow the merging ending. The other two are similar enough that they could probably not directly address which one was chosen.

• Options
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

I wonder if they're going to include an explanation in the codex or just handwave it; I'd be fine with either, I guess, but I kind of hope they try to explain it at least a little

Maybe they'll be doing a really big time-skip after the ending of ME3?
    Maybe whatever generation the after-credits narrator is from? It seems to be pretty far down the line, with Shepard fading into legend and becoming THE Shepard and all. Without the reapers continually hitting hard reset on all life, that might allow for the development of galaxy-traversing technology. That does mean Bioware would have to pick one of the three main endings, though... or at least disavow the merging ending. The other two are similar enough that they could probably not directly address which one was chosen.

To be wholly honest (ME3 ending)
    I think I'd be happiest if they just picked one of the three endings and went with it

You can explore what that ending really means for the galaxy - or, in the case of Destroy, divorce yourself completely from the events of the past games

We'll see how it goes, though!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I wonder if they're goign to include an explanation in the codex or just handwave it; I'd be fine with either, I guess, but I kind of hope they try to explain it at least a little

It kind of makes sense (well not sense, but you can certainly interpret) that Reapers guiding spacefaring technology, also stymied it. Reapers were designed to harvest during the apex of intelligent life, along a particular path. It also prevent any true innovation, since advances in technology were also guided, and limited, by a blueprint. Take away that blueprint and allow people to innovate for themselves, and they can do things that were previously thought impossible.

Javen on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I dunno, I'm actually more hype about it potentially being in a different galaxy.

But what time period will it be in?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I wanna play as not a human dang it. Ultimately oh well, but c'mon!

• Options
    sounds like it was some kind of generation ship sent to andromeda, perhaps before the reapers even showed up

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    sounds like it was some kind of generation ship sent to andromeda, perhaps before the reapers even showed up

The big worry I have about generation ships is that by the time they arrive the folks back home will have developed FTL travel and will be there waiting at the destination.

• Options
    the big worry I have about generation ships is that it will take so long that the whole society becomes institutionalized towards the ship and don't even want to live on planets anymore

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    And they are morally icky.

• Options
    of course these people could have just been in cryo sleep with vis maintaining the ship, javik was asleep for 50k years

but old fashioned generation ships could go real bad in a billion different ways

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Yeah, the generation ships our parents used were really full of problems

This discussion has been closed.