Options

[Dragon Age Inquisition] Seeker Pentaghast found some lost hobo in a ditch and here we are

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    wait hold on what if the new precursor race in fact is the humans who got to andromeda with super ftl and died out before the generation ship

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    you're right, a generations ship would be a bad idea

it would never work out between Kirk and Picard

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    mass effect ftl is 12 light years a day

andromeda is 2.5 million light years away, so getting there with constant ftl would take 570 years

of course you can't maintain constant ftl so let's account for the vis having to refuel and do maintenance and stuff and multiply that number by 88, for 50,160 years, about as long as we have seen a cryo pod hold out

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Oh man oh man, if that stuff is true then we're most of the way there to my dream game (we just need alien player characters).

Also, they're clearly going to reach Andromeda with the eighth chevron, c'mon.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

andromeda is 2.5 million light years away, so getting there with constant ftl would take 570 years

of course you can't maintain constant ftl so let's account for the vis having to refuel and do maintenance and stuff and multiply that number by 88, for 50,160 years, about as long as we have seen a cryo pod hold out

Where are you going to refuel in the overwhelming vastness of dark space, -Tal

Think!!!!!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Think!!!!!

Strip mine Uranus

... I'm not sorry

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Oh man oh man, if that stuff is true then we're most of the way there to my dream game (we just need alien player characters).

Also, they're clearly going to reach Andromeda with the eighth chevron, c'mon.

I dunno, I read that thing and thought it reeked of unoriginality.

Oh hey, you play another chosen one.

And guess who the main enemy is? Another race of ancient aliens with an evil sounding name (that also starts with an R).

And of course you have a Krogan in your squad as well as a lady with defensive abilities.

Granted my initial reaction is a mix of cynicism and fatigue. If they show an awesome E3 reveal trailer it'll probably win me back.

Meanwhile I fired up Inquisition post-update today and I'm still obsessively playing around to get a balance between a pretty game and a stable framerate.

I feel I'll have to make a compromise one way or the other.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ancient alien race I'll give you (although that name doesn't sound evil) but otherwise I disagree. Are you saying there shouldn't be a Krogan on your squad? Nor do I get why you're assuming the biotic lady is a huge cliche when we know next to nothing about her.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Why would humanity need to set up colonies in Adromeda

The ME universe never struck me as overpopulated

Platy on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

It did state that this was some time removed from the trilogy. I'm guessing some kind of calamity.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

Think!!!!!

rogue stars

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Honestly the biggest problem I have with that ME leak is the "you have 7 companions" thing

I was already a little bummed ME3 had 8 to ME2's 12 but that's even less!

I like my Bioware games with big casts of party members please

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the big worry I have about generation ships is that it will take so long that the whole society becomes institutionalized towards the ship and don't even want to live on planets anymore

have this happen, set the whole game on the generation ship

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Honestly the biggest problem I have with that ME leak is the "you have 7 companions" thing

I was already a little bummed ME3 had 8 to ME2's 12 but that's even less!

I like my Bioware games with big casts of party members please

this is a feasability thing

you may notice that me3 had a lot more interaction between characters than me2

this is because there are far fewer relationships to account for

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular

It did state that this was some time removed from the trilogy. I'm guessing some kind of calamity.

So sorta like Morrowind blew up between Oblivion and Skyrim

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    another super-important protagonist

ughhhhhh

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I mean, this isn't going to be fallout. The protagonist is going to need some reason that everybody thinks their opinion is important enough to at least consider for a moment, even if only to dismiss it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

ughhhhhh

bioware game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

ughhhhhh

well I mean it's essentially a relaunch of one of their biggest titles, they aren't going to do a hawke-scale narrative with their first mass effect game on the new consoles

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm feeling neutral about this potential leak

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm really pleased about the "exploring a new galaxy" thing, since that's definitely the smartest fan pitch I heard

Gives them some room to breathe, y'know?

• Options
    I hope the protagonist's name is gagarin

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    wait so what's Chosen One about you in this new mass effect

aren't you just some dude who flies a ship

like you're obviously still important but hopefully you don't singlehandedly save the galaxy

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The ship is the Chosen One

• Options
    wait so what's Chosen One about you in this new mass effect

aren't you just some dude who flies a ship

like you're obviously still important but hopefully you don't singlehandedly save the galaxy

sounds like you just start as the leader of this colony project

you're, like, john smith

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    what if ME4 is a metaphor for European colonialism

it turns out the Remnants were eliminated by some Milky Way space plague that jumped ahead of your colony ship, they had a thriving society up until last week

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Bioware games always seemed "right person, right time" to me, not so much with the "chosen one" stuff. This isn't Final Fantasy.

If the leak is true presumably this person was given the job as a result of competence and ability.

• Options
    Considering my own love for frontier space stories, I will happily be at the centre of things.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    ME2 had the most and best characters (taken as a whole) of any bioware game, because it was a game where the core plot was basically companion specific missions (and this was, in fact, a stroke of genius and why the game is so fucking good, as it does what bioware does best and stretches it across the entire game).

However, if you aren't going with that narrative structure, you either have more characters, or you have less, and cover them in more detail. I agree with Blank, I'd rather have 12 guys than 8, because bioware characters are the best part of their games by a long shot, and the more the merrier. That said, the fact that they are so good depends on how deeply you can interact with them, and in DAI I do feel like the skimped on the companion quests in places, so if it's case of doing half a dozen properly or twice that lightly, the former is ideal.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Space frontiersman/marshal seems like a really good match for the type of gameplay they want to do, unlike every other ME, where leisurely exploring seemed off-base.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Very excited by this. Sounds legit - based on the little teaser trailers it matches up too.

As to how they get to Andromeda? 2.5 million light years? No big deal when you have ludicrous speed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    It's been a while since I've Dished on Dragon Age (TM), so I'm going to go ahead and just separate my thoughts in their own spoilers, since I've done a ton of quests

(Iron Bull companion quest)
    Honestly, I sort of saw the decision coming literally as soon as the mission started

I'm not sure if that was just me getting a handle on how these sorts of quests usually played out, or something with the writing, though

And I mean, it was still a cool quest. I can't imagine anyone letting Krem and the crew die, especially for the Qun.

(Solas companion quest)
    To be honest, I really don't understand people's dislike of Solas. I mean, he's definitely one-note, but it's fascinating to have a Dragon Age character whose feelings about spirits are entirely positive, especially since, well, he sure seems like he was right, at least in this situation.

Really I saw his quest as a chance to prove to me that he knew what he was talking about. I figured that we'd go with his plan of destroying the ritual and freeing the spirit, because even if it failed, I was sure we could kill the Pride demon no problem. And he pulled through! I didn't let him kill the mages, though, since they really just didn't know any better.

("Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts" spoilers)
    Fuckin Morrigan

If I could have lived my entire life without hearing Claudia Black say "tis" ever again, it would have been too soon

The rest of it was rad as fuck, though, I'm a sucker for when an RPG drops my party into a...erm, party

Mass Effect 2's Kasumi mission comes to mind

The Court Approval mechanic was also really interesting, even if it did lead to me missing out on a lot of doors because I was scared I wouldn't make it in time. I think I actually finished the quest at 99 Court Approval because of the points you lose for going out of bounds.

But that was fine. Stopping an assassination, reuniting two lovers, and have a private little dance with Josephine was a pretty cool way to spend a night, and a welcome break from the EPIC SCALE BATTLES the main missions had been up until that point.

(Also Cullen and his begrudged groupies were the best)

(Blackwall companion quest)
    To quote Varric when 'Blackwall' revealed himself, "Oh, shit."

That was actually a really well done plot twist, I thought. Before I'd just written him off as a one-note, generic badass, what with his lone wolf travels and all of that, but the plot twisted in such a way that now when I look back at the game it makes a lot of sense

Stuff like 'Blackwall' making it clear to the Grey Wardens at Adamant that "You may not know me, but you've undoubtedly heard of me"

His lack of concern about the Calling

The fact he tried to blow it off whenever I'd ask him about the Wardens "Oh we're not really as exciting as everyone thinks"

As punishment, I freed him and then decided to hand him over to the Wardens once Corypheus is dead. It seemed fitting, since that's what the real Blackwall would have wanted, and this allows 'Blackwall' a chance at some small redemption.

(Major plot stuff post "Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts")
    So I think I'm supporting Cassandra as Divine.

Leiliana doesn't really seem all that interested in it, and while it would be cool to have a mage Divine, Vivienne literally mentioned "silencing dissidents" in her little pitch, so no, sorry

And I mean, Cassandra's approach of freeing up the mages a little bit and making sure the Templars are less vicious watch dog and more protectors to people on both sides of the Circle's walls...I feel like that would actually, hopefully, naturally lead to a mage divine, without an organization like the Inquisition throwing its weight around.

Speaking of which, people keep talking about what the Inquisition is going to do post-Corypheus, and I really wouldn't know how to answer that question.

Maybe they could be Grey Warden esque, only fighting instability and crime as opposed to merely Darkspawn?

I wonder if that would really work, though, since it's not like every sovereign nation is going to be as welcoming to us once there's no longer an ancient Darkspawn knocking on their doors with an arch demon

(Misc plot stuff post "Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts")
    I just got to the bard quest at the war table. While I thought Leiliana's suggestion was hilarious, I don't think it would actually help. I actually went with what Cullen said. I have to draw the line for trivial bullshit somewhere!

-I'm really hoping Ambassador Briala helps the elves in a big way. In this game especially I want nothing but good things for the Dalish. Seeing shit like the speeches the Chantry made after the Exalted March on them is disgusting

-It was nice to "see" Zevran again, even if it was only on the War Table

-Speaking of the War Table, what the hell, Morrigan, who invited you, you don't get to sit in on every session

-I wonder what the Hero of Ferelden is up to. Something to do with the Calling, but that kind of vague tease almost makes me wonder if I won't see more of him. I mean, we can get letters to him easily enough.

That's all of the plot stuff I can think of.

I had some cool stuff happen in a couple of fights, but this post is long enough for now, I think.

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    The next game should be about Morrigan and the Hero (and their kid)!

• Options
    finally got this game going again

this time, I redid a character I never finished a playtrough for: a dwarf warrior by the name of Ruby Cadash

this is also going to be my canon playthrough for DAI - and I want to break my habit of doing everything perfect

Ruby is all for making a better world and stuff
    but her primary goal is to come out on top - power and profit, crush all rivals

she's a carta girl through and through

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    well, this is why I don't like solas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_HRcvpEDA

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Hmm sorry to go back about the Me4 leak, but I really hope your bases get attacked and you can defend them in like a horde mode.

Also the possibility of being able to manually fly the ship around space, land on planet, drive out a mako, then get out on foot, all without a load screen sounds too good to be true. But I will hope.

• Options
    well, this is why I don't like solas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_HRcvpEDA

Which part?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Maybe you say "Most of your kind are big, dumb savages, but I guess you're all right" to people you meet but the rest of us don't.

• Options
    Well, he IS talking about the Qunari/Qun!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Well, he IS talking about the Qunari/Qun!

Well he says basically the same stuff about every race

Because he is an old racist grampa

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.