As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pathfinder Anyone?

MathGuru83MathGuru83 Registered User regular
Hey guys, I am super pumped about PAX in a few weeks! This will be my second PAX (attended East last year), and wanted to know if there is interest of anyone who wants to play pathfinder. I have a couple of level 1 modules that I can run in a one-shot session, or we could run a PFS session and we can log the adventure online if you have a Pathfinder Society Character. Either way it'd be nice to get 1-2 session of RP in if enough people are interested. New players are very welcome!

• IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    I love RPG's (only played D&D, tho), but I never have people to play with at home. I'd be up for trying a one shot session of pathfinder!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • cyborg346cyborg346 Registered User new member
    edited January 2015
    I would definitely be up for some Pathfinder! I love level 1 adventures! I've never messed with any Pathfinder Society stuff though.

cyborg346 on
  • MathGuru83MathGuru83 Registered User regular
    Alright that's two people! Let's see if we can get 4 and then maybe discuss a time maybe? Would anyone be opposed to a late game like 9 or 10pm?

• XanyaeWarpawXanyaeWarpaw Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    My husband and I will be there and are looking for game groups. We both have experience with D&D, but have never played Pathfinder. That said, it sounds like a ton of fun if you all still have room? Later after the con hours would be fine with us. What day(s) were you thinking if still open to new people?

XanyaeWarpaw on
    Hey, yeah so far there's definitely room. Let me look with my group about when we are hanging out and I will post some dates and times here soon. Stay tuned!

• WickershamWickersham Registered User regular
    I play PFS here in San Antonio, and the local Venture Captain told me a couple weeks ago that Paizo would be there and would be running games. He actually said they were trying hard to fill all the DM slots they had, so you might consider reaching out to him. The Facebook group is San Antonio Pathfinder Society.

edited January 2015
    If it ends up being a Pathfinder Society game, am I still able to toss together a character without any PFS code or whatever system they work around?

Also, I might have one other player depending on the day/time that is agreed upon.

cyborg346 on
  • WickershamWickersham Registered User regular
    It wouldn't be PFS; when Paizo comes to cons they use local PFS Venture Captains as points of contact. There may be PFS games available if you're so inclined, but my undertstanding is they just want to give people a taste of the system.

Yeah I'll contact and see what I can do. It all depends on my scheduling. I really just wanted to get a casual group together for any late night gaming so if anyone is interested in just doing a late night level 1 module then I'll run that. Will post available dates and times over the weekend.

• Cid29Cid29 Registered User regular
    This will be my first PAX. I have never played a D&D style game but have always wanted to. If you are planning an event I would love to come.

Xbox Live: Cid29
  • IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    Late night game would work for me as well! O'll keep checking this to see when/where/what is up ^^

uV3Kd9v.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I have had experience with D&D but no real experience with Pathfinder. I would howeve love to give it a shot and wold definitely love to play during late night gaming (depending on how late that is and my enforcing schedule).

Alright guys I'm still waiting on my friend for times but I was thinking I can also run the beginner's set D&D adventure if anyone wants to get a taste of 5th edition. I run both pathfinder and 5E and enjoy them both but will run what the most interest is at :)

• Bartoni33Bartoni33 Southern IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Will this be hosted at the same place as seen here forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/195521/pre-pax-south-lobby-game-night-hilton-placio-del-rio-1-22-15#latesthttp:// ? If so I would be up for it if you don't mind a total noob at it! I am walking everywhere so I'm limited to where I go.

5e or Pathfinder would be cool with both of us. I have yet to play 5e and she has yet to play either of them so either way will be fun!

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Same here I played 4e but have hardly played 5e and would definitely be willing to try that if Pathfinder does not work out.

edited January 2015
    Ok come one come all good RP'ers!! SO,I decided that I am going to be doing both. I am goig to run a Pathfinder One-Shot adventure Friday the 23rd at 10pm, and I will also run a D&D 5th Edition One-Shot adventure Saturday the 24th at 10pm. I haven't decided on a location yet but it will be close to the convention center as thats where the hotel is. I am not sure if it will be in the main board game area or not...depending on the noise level as you need to hear what's going on. But I'll find someplace and make it work. So I have 5 slots open for each game and if you are interested then email me: andreball83@gmail.com. I will use email as the main source of communication about location, snacks, etc once I get the groups filled. Again newplayers are very welcome and you do not have to have books or even roll a character! I will have all the books handy and also 5 pregenerated characters ready to go. I need at least 3 people per session to run it but don't think I'll do over 5. Thanks for all who are interested and let's get ready to roll some dice!

MathGuru83 on
  • zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I've not done a pen and paper RPG in a long time but I would love to get in on a session of something sometime during PAX! I'm arriving Wednesday afternoon and flying out Monday. Does anyone have room for a newbie? I'd prefer it to be either before PAX or after the expo closes one of the evenings.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• CyberFeyCyberFey Registered User regular
    MathGuru - Could I put this on the Party/Event page? Though there are only five slots on each night, if you aren't full I bet that would make it so.

Sure! I haven't gotten any emails yet for who would like what but I'm imagining it could fill up quick. But by all means feel free to move it!

• wittynethandlewittynethandle Registered User new member
    MathGuru83 wrote: »
    Sure! I haven't gotten any emails yet for who would like what but I'm imagining it could fill up quick. But by all means feel free to move it!

I sent an email yesterday before this posted, so hopefully it didn't get filtered as spam.

It's fine...think I'm going to have to send people private messages individually :)

Ok so far I have two people for D&D 5E (three cause one has a partner) that have gotten back to me with their emails. I see a few people here are interested so I will attempt to message you individually for email so I can set up an email group....makes it very easy to communicate to all interested parties. SO, if you are interested in playing D&D or Pathfinder then feel free to send me your email in a private message or email me at andreball83@gmail.com. Thanks guys!

I sent ya a Email just now. I haven't played D&D since the 80's and never played Pathfinder. But I'm willing to learn if you are willing to teach!

edited January 2015
    So as it stands right now, I have 4 people for Friday night for Pathfinder and 4 people for Saturday night for D&D 5E. I will send emails out later tonight and I will have a pretty good location by Thursday evening once I'm down there. Thanks for being interested guys as I'm trying to gain more experience GM'ing for Gencon this year :)

MathGuru83 on
  • BanannerBananner Registered User regular
    OOoooooh gurl. I'm all supportive and ish. Though I prefer 5e these days <3

• MisterPutterMisterPutter Registered User new member
    I'm planning on Friday Night Concerts, but I'd be down for either Pathfinder or D&D on Thursday, if that's still on the table. I'd also be interested in joining your Saturday game if there's still room. I'm current with PFS, but my D&D experience was Red Box through AD&D. None of this 3rd, 4th, 5th ed. stuff in my repetoire, if it matters. Cheers!

I'm planning on Friday Night Concerts, but I'd be down for either Pathfinder or D&D on Thursday, if that's still on the table. I'd also be interested in joining your Saturday game if there's still room. I'm current with PFS, but my D&D experience was Red Box through AD&D. None of this 3rd, 4th, 5th ed. stuff in my repetoire, if it matters. Cheers!

Yeah I bought the Red and Blue box from my local Ben Franklin store somewhere around '87 and only got to play it for a few years with a local pastors son before he moved away. Always had to play it at my house of course! I'm interested to see how much has changed.

Don't know if I can squeeze in Thursday night as I'm attending the Star Wars Pub Crawl event, and Saturday evening filled up quickly. Feel free to stop bye and say hi for a moment if you'd like though. I do need 1-2 more people for Pathfinder Friday night if anyone is interested :)

• MisterPutterMisterPutter Registered User new member
    Ok, no worries. Sounds like Paizo has PFS events running somewhere - I'll try and hunt them down for my RPG fix.

Ok everyone. I found some spots in the Grand Hyatt by the ballrooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors. I will also be at the table-top area at the convention center for a majority of the day and if the hours work and the space is good then that will be a better place. Either way I'll send an update a little later in the day.

• Ammund_RunecAmmund_Runec Registered User regular
    Where is this happening? I would like to be the 5th.