As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tell Us About a Time You Were Classy or Saw Classy Being Done

1235»

Posts

  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    well yeah, both parts of the story are classy, but ....

    where's the throw up?

  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I've started making knives. Pretty classy in itself. I'm giving the first one I make to one of my oldest friends. Probably as close to classy as I've come in a while.

    Fuck off and die.
    ZyrelaxRainfall
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    When I was in first grade, I was attending a Catholic school. One wintery day, it was the very special day when they let the first graders do readings at weekday mass. A bunch of parents were taking the morning off work, mine included, it was all very exciting.

    I was a bit nervous, tummy all a-flutter, so for breakfast my mom even gave me some apple juice with breakfast!

    Well, it took a while, but finally my turn to read came around. My nerves gave me a bit of a shakey gait, and made it a little hard to read, and even a bit of a fever!

    Then, after I was done reading, and walking back down the center aisle, in full view of every single one of my classmates, their parents, and my teachers, my nerves made themselves fully known as the flu they were and I chundered all over the middle of church.

  • InxInx Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I've started making knives. Pretty classy in itself. I'm giving the first one I make to one of my oldest friends. Probably as close to classy as I've come in a while.

    You should make threads chronicling your progress. It'd be super cool to watch someone develop their knifemaking technique and watch your work evolve.

    Are you smithing it traditionally, or are you working from pre-forged billets and going the more modern grinder-centric route?

    Both are dope, just curious.

    ZyrelaxCambiataDarth WaiterSkeith
  • theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    When I was in first grade, I was attending a Catholic school. One wintery day, it was the very special day when they let the first graders do readings at weekday mass. A bunch of parents were taking the morning off work, mine included, it was all very exciting.

    I was a bit nervous, tummy all a-flutter, so for breakfast my mom even gave me some apple juice with breakfast!

    Well, it took a while, but finally my turn to read came around. My nerves gave me a bit of a shakey gait, and made it a little hard to read, and even a bit of a fever!

    Then, after I was done reading, and walking back down the center aisle, in full view of every single one of my classmates, their parents, and my teachers, my nerves made themselves fully known as the flu they were and I chundered all over the middle of church.

    I have that exact story, except instead of hurling, I tripped on the stairs down from the altar and cracked my head open on the corner of a chair

    Geth
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    well yeah, both parts of the story are classy, but ....

    where's the throw up?

    He said he ate McDonald's, pay attention, geez

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




    XaquinInx
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Inx wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I've started making knives. Pretty classy in itself. I'm giving the first one I make to one of my oldest friends. Probably as close to classy as I've come in a while.

    You should make threads chronicling your progress. It'd be super cool to watch someone develop their knifemaking technique and watch your work evolve.

    Are you smithing it traditionally, or are you working from pre-forged billets and going the more modern grinder-centric route?

    Both are dope, just curious.

    Oh, I can see I misspoke a bit. I'm basically just mounting a small tang blade on a home made handle. Since this a gift I'm making, I figure the functional bit should at least be quality. I don't know what kinda grinder I'd need to shape HRC 59 stainless steel, but I don't think have one. I'd love to smith a blade one day, though! I'd put a makers mark on it and everything.

    Fuck off and die.
    Darth Waiter
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I don't think bourbon is generally used in smithing.

    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I don't think bourbon is generally used in smithing.

    It keeps the smith happy

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




    Donovan PuppyfuckerKadithDarkPrimusDarth WaiterSkeith
  • InxInx Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Inx wrote: »
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I've started making knives. Pretty classy in itself. I'm giving the first one I make to one of my oldest friends. Probably as close to classy as I've come in a while.

    You should make threads chronicling your progress. It'd be super cool to watch someone develop their knifemaking technique and watch your work evolve.

    Are you smithing it traditionally, or are you working from pre-forged billets and going the more modern grinder-centric route?

    Both are dope, just curious.

    Oh, I can see I misspoke a bit. I'm basically just mounting a small tang blade on a home made handle. Since this a gift I'm making, I figure the functional bit should at least be quality. I don't know what kinda grinder I'd need to shape HRC 59 stainless steel, but I don't think have one. I'd love to smith a blade one day, though! I'd put a makers mark on it and everything.

    Watched a video once of a guy using a portable barbecue, charcoal briquets, and one of those white plastic oscillating fans to turn a railroad spike into a truly bitchin knife.

    Apparently if you can dream it you can do it.

    Darth WaiterTankHammerPeter Ebel
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »
    well yeah, both parts of the story are classy, but ....

    where's the throw up?

    He said he ate McDonald's, pay attention, geez
    It's kinda like puking in reverse!

  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Classy story x2

    I was up at cypress mountain today, and they have these lockers that only take a $2 coin, which I didn't have. I went into the lodge's bar and asked if they could split a $50 note. The guy at the bar made a big deal about it and wasn't going to give me the change, when a server walked past, reached into her apron and just gave me 2 bucks from her tips

    Cut to like 5 hours later and we're having a little après ski and the time comes to pay. We all realise that we don't have the cash on us to leave a decent tip, so I run back down the mountain, find the car and grab my wallet and head back up to give her a proper tip. We made each other's day!

    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

    bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    FishmanSkeithCalicaTankHammer
Sign In or Register to comment.