As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Fight like a Krogan, run like a Leopard...

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    What you mean Tali "poop sacks" vas Normandy?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Best TOTP

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Dudes of the world: When ladies start making forum posts of scientific analysis trying to figure out what Garrus' sweat tastes like, then you can start trying to warn us about the dangers of being attracted to aliens, and not before.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The reason there's not more jokes about Tali and Liara is because Bioware made the lady aliens look like 95% human women and the dude aliens more...alien. That's certainly a thing of its own, but if there was a female turian option, there'd be jokes about like, vices or some scary beetle term or something.

It is both telling and sad that all the straight male love interests are basically humans.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Teeth

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Quads.

Clawhammer.

One day I'll be drunk enough to risk looking on the net to see what that's about...

It's the phrase that keeps getting banned from the ME threads by mods. A move I personally think is ethically wrong as it's canon in the series, so perfectly up for discussion. I wasn't the one who wrote it into the game, I was just the one who doubled down on it...

With an image of a cigar cutter and a hotdog...

Cambiata‌ didn't help the situation any.

Canon in the series? What? I'm pretty sure you are trying to start a fight with me, "Mild Confusion"‌!

Clawhammer came from someone's comic about Mass Effect. Not an official comic, a fan made a comedy comic about it.

The reason it annoys me is because obviously Garrus is a lady fan favorite. So of course, dude fans are going to do whatever they can to smash ladys' wank material, because girls are dumb hurr hurr.

Like no comics ever got passed around about how probably Liara and Tali don't have vaginae. Because dudes like those characters.

Clawhammer doesn't even make sense. He has a spikey head and a carapace, so obviously spiked dick lol. Wanna know what critters on earth have spiked dicks? Soft, fluffy kitty cats.

At least there's Earthside precedent for Liara to have something like this going on.

Yes, but I'm talking about how Grunt actually does state in game how a krogan used a "clawhammer" in the game, even though it isn't specifically about the turian penis. But it could be.

And the game does state what the "azure" is in asari anatomy.

Quarians are just awful.

Point is, I was talking about Fem-Shep being a cyborg and having a steel trap for a vagina and snapping off Garrus' member despite it's shape, and then it went downhill from there. The "clawhammer" is just what made it funny for me. I don't condemn you for the snail penis counter. In point of fact, I salute you! It was well played :smile:
    I've had a couple of drinks, so if I'm extra inflammatory, I apologize.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I think we're just trying to be funny here, not pooping on anyone's desires to do Garrus.

Honestly, I would.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Forgive me in advance if I am talking out of turn but

I'm pretty sure what Grunt meant by claw hammer was you know, one of these.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I was so disappointed that Tali ended up just being a photoshopped (human, obviously) stock photo. Such a huge missed opportunity there!. I very much wanted her to be something completely alien that we, as humans, would initially be taken aback by. It was the perfect chance to have something about judging a romance option by her character (the personality kind). Buuut I guess that would probably have led to a massive Talimancer rebellion on the BioWare forum.

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »
    I was so disappointed that Tali ended up just being a photoshopped (human, obviously) stock photo. Such a huge missed opportunity there!. I very much wanted her to be something completely alien that we, as humans, would initially be taken aback by. It was the perfect chance to have something about judging a romance option by her character (the personality kind). Buuut I guess that would probably have led to a massive Talimancer rebellion on the BioWare forum.

Yes yes this times a thousand!

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    this is literally the worst discussion >_<

• Options
    MechMantis wrote: »

Yeah, Grunt was talking about an imprint he has on another krogun using a clawhammer on... something that has to do with turian anatomy that makes Grunt laugh.

Then the comic came out and it became especially hilarious and... shit went downhill from there.

Turians have reach and asari have blue. I just think the whole thing is hilarious and contributed to the awfulness for the lawls.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    The reason there's not more jokes about Tali and Liara is because Bioware made the lady aliens look like 95% human women and the dude aliens more...alien. That's certainly a thing of its own, but if there was a female turian option, there'd be jokes about like, vices or some scary beetle term or something.

It is both telling and sad that all the straight male love interests are basically humans.

Now someone is going to post that fucking picture of snails.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    I finished ME2 again last night, and man. Final boss aside, that is just one of the best endgames I've ever played. The game mechanics, the music, the visuals, the way that this whole group of characters is weaved into the action. It's all just exciting and tense and a perfect payoff to assembling and getting to know your team.

Poor Mordin was the only one who didn't make it this time. I felt bad seeing his space coffin sitting there all by itself.

Question: Is there any resource that talks about the best squadmates to bring along on particular missions, in terms of content? As in, squadmates who might have more to say than others, or more unique things to say and not just their version of a standard line. Or, looking at it from the other direction, maybe something that lists every mission/location where a certain squadmate has dialogue?

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mordin_Solus/Unique_dialogue

Ha, thanks. I wound up finding that yesterday. I have no idea why I didn't think there was a wiki page for that, because I use the wiki pretty often.

Also, everyone, having just completed ME2 for the fourth time, this may be the first time that I've realized Shepard has a bathroom in her cabin. If I'd seen it before, I forgot (which is possible). All of a sudden the panel just opened and hey there's a toilet!

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Everyone has that moment. It's well-disguised!

flush_by_skoolmunkee-d36x4yv.jpg

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    I discovered it by playing ME3, finding it somehow there (I forget if it's more obvious in 3) and then quickly loading up ME2 for my "OH MY GOD I HAVE A BATHROOM!" moment.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Dudes of the world: When ladies start making forum posts of scientific analysis trying to figure out what Garrus' sweat tastes like, then you can start trying to warn us about the dangers of being attracted to aliens, and not before.

IIRC isn't ingesting bodily fluids of Garrus a bad idea? Like, annafeltic shock bad idea?

• Options
    Still worth it.

• Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    MechMantis wrote: »

Yeah, Grunt was talking about an imprint he has on another krogun using a clawhammer on... something that has to do with turian anatomy that makes Grunt laugh.

Then the comic came out and it became especially hilarious and... shit went downhill from there.

Turians have reach and asari have blue. I just think the whole thing is hilarious and contributed to the awfulness for the lawls.

...I seem to recall him mentioning, in literally the very next line, how the claw hammer was being used to pry off the Turian's brow plate. Like no ambiguity at all.

EDIT: I just do not understand this tangent and so I will leave it be because I do not understand it!

MechMantis on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

IIRC isn't ingesting bodily fluids of Garrus a bad idea? Like, annafeltic shock bad idea?
    Yeah, that's what I never got.

Like, in ME and ME2, they make sure to point out that Turians and Quarians are dextro, which means they need different foodstuffs, have different chemical make-ups and for a human to partake would be ill-advised at best, fatal at worst. Hell, even if Shepard and Garrus get together, the camera fades out on them hugging with some forehead contact because kissing would be outright dangerous.

Except if you're romancing Tali, I guess, none of that lore matters since she jumps Shepard's bones (literally), and they quite obviously, uh, "mix fluids". And all that happens is that Tali gets a cold.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Whoo! Won my first platinum round and oh my god that's a ton of credits.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    The host at the local breakfast place just said Mass Effect. I forgot my satchel has the N7 patch on it.

The host would like to add a +1 to ME1 combat upgrades in a remake.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Perhaps we should go to a safer topic, like the ending.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I saw another person wearing Mass Effect Merchandise just last week while overseas. He was wearing a leather N7 jacket.

If I wasn't with my family on our way to Edinburgh Castle I would have said "Shepard!"

That's TWO missed opportunities!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Sadly, all I sport is an N7 wallet, but it does draw comments at least once a week from register biscuits.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    Guys I went and bought this hoodie and it was totally worth it

ed68_n7_stripe_hoodie.jpg

The only problem I have with this hoodie is that the velcro catches the outer fabric and causes a specific portion to start to fuzz up over time.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    so these people make METAL mass effect props

http://naughtyzootdesign.blogspot.com/p/n7-valkyrie-rifle-build.html

kqhMPvE.jpg?1

they weigh like 15-30 lbs it's ridiculous

oh, there's metal N7 armor too

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    like, that makes you really realize smacking someone with your gun as a melee tool is gonna fucking hurt
    no, i don't care that you have ultralight materials equipped
    it's still a claymore

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Oooh... Now I want to play MP as a ghost with a valkyrie. So good.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

That is one of the sexiest game-related things I've ever seen.

The company name is awesome as well.

to quote Naughty Zoot:

"And then the oral sex!"

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Sadly, all I sport is an N7 wallet, but it does draw comments at least once a week from register biscuits.

I've been contemplating getting my car painted all black with the red and white stripe going from the trunk to the hood on the right-ish side. That would be sweet as fuck.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    You could probably do that with a vinyl wrap for not outrageous money and have it look awesome.

Bonus, you can remove it when it's time to sell the car!

• Options
    Wait, Shepard has a bathroom?

• Options

But of course, the shower she sexes up Traynor in has to be somewhere.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited January 2015

Don't they shower in their underwear? Could be the crew's bathroom.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Now someone is going to post that fucking picture of snails.

I already posted it.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Oh ho ho, someone hasn't heard of the infamous 'Tali sweat' post. I highly recommend you google it!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options

O_o

Nobody using a communal shower showers in their underwear. Otherwise they're that weirdo on the ship who showers in their underwear.

• Options
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »

O_o

Nobody using a communal shower showers in their underwear. Otherwise they're that weirdo on the ship who showers in their underwear.

Yeah.

The shower though isn't as bad as the bath in the Citadel. Traynor's such a tease. She's in dude-Shep's place and then immediatly takes off her clothes, gets in the bath, and then "uses" the vibrating showerhead for... things. Then complains at him for not leaving she didn't exactly ask anyone to take a bath or leave or inform him that she's going to get undressed or... use... the showerhead. It was very awkward.

She could have at least closed the door.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.